InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Minoue ❯ Lessons Learned ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thank you very much to inufan625 for acting as my beta once again. An additional thank you goes to Knittingknots for her help as well. I greatly appreciate the time they've taken to help make me a better writer and this a better story.
 
Thank you very much for the reviews. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate those of you that took the time to leave one. For response to your reviews, please check my LiveJournal at http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/255493.html .
 
 
Minoue
 
Chapter 34: Lessons Learned(Warning: Lime/Lemon, M/F/M)
 
Myouga had been briefed, mostly by Kagura, on what and who to look for in the household when he arrived. The wind sorceress had given him descriptions of Naraku, her younger sister, and the Seven. They also told him the little they knew about Sango's brother, Kohaku. If everyone was at the house, then there should be approximately nine humans and one youkai - assuming that Naraku hadn't recruited additional help or kidnapped anyone else to help carry out his plans.
 
The dwelling was in a secluded neighborhood on a large expanse of property, which was partly why they suspected that this was the one that Naraku would have selected in spite of the hefty price tag. The plan was for Kirara to transport Myouga as far as the trees that were behind the home, and then the flea would make his way into the house to scout out who was there. Once he determined whether it was Naraku or someone else, he was to return to Kirara so she could bring him back. If all went well, they would hopefully return by daybreak the following morning. If Myouga was not able to gather the information that they needed or get back to Kirara before daylight, then they were to wait until the following evening to return. No one wanted to risk Kirara being seen flying across Tokyo during the day.
 
 
“So, do you think he'll find them there?” Kagura asked as they watched Kirara literally disappear into the night sky. She had simply vanished into the dark when she extinguished the flames flickering around her feet and tail once she was airborne.
 
“It's our best lead. If not, we will check the other home and then start over if needed,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“And if it is them?” InuYasha questioned.
 
The Daiyoukai said, “Then it will depend upon what Myouga can tell us. The property was purchased, which seems to indicate that he intends to remain there for awhile. Then again, since he was using stolen funds, he could also just as easily move on. However, he seems to believe that what he is looking for is somewhere in Tokyo, so I would surmise that he plans to stay at least until he can find it.”
 
“What about the shrine?” Kagome asked very softly.
 
“I still have two guards posted there at all times. They said there was one inquiry about the Shikon no Tama a few weeks ago, but no more since then. They have strict orders to let me know immediately if anyone else comes around asking about it. I had to remind them that just because they are human does not mean that they are not dangerous,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
The miko responded, “Thank you.”
 
“I guess all we can do now is wait,” InuYasha speculated. “Are you ready to go back in, Kagome?”
 
She nodded. “I am, but what about Sesshomaru and Kagura?”
 
“It is time for us to go home as well. Please let me know as soon as Myouga returns,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“We will,” the hanyou answered. “Come on, Kagome.”
 
 
They were half way along the path to the gate when Kagura stopped and faced Sesshomaru. “Okay, what was all of that about? I understood it when you did not interfere when I stood up to your mother - she would never have respected me otherwise. I understand that we can't make any kind of formal declaration of our mating yet because if Naraku found out, he'd know I wasn't dead. But what I don't understand is why you couldn't make a simple admission of the fact to your brother and his mate. Why did you tell him you were only keeping me under your protection until this whole mess with Naraku is settled?”
 
The Daiyoukai took a deep breath. “It's not as easy as you think, my dear.”
 
“Then why don't you try and explain it to me?” she snapped.
 
“Kagura, when you've been alone for as long as I have, it is difficult to admit that you might need someone. As far as I was concerned, my strength and power to remain Daiyoukai came from within - that it was something I had to do on my own to retain the position. In fact, I believed that taking a mate would weaken me - it would give my enemies something else to target in addition to making me soft. I never believed that I really needed another living soul until that night when Rin saved me.”
 
That made Kagura cock an eyebrow though she didn't interrupt - she figured that was a story for another day.
 
“It wasn't until that incident and then taking Rin in to care for that I realized I was stronger for it, not weaker. I don't really understand it myself, but it's the truth.” He stopped to gather his thoughts, and Kagura still had not interrupted, so he continued, “I had not seen InuYasha for the better part of five years, or maybe more, until the ookami Kouga came before me, demanding that he be punished for stealing and intimidating his students along with some other ridiculous charges. The wolves backed up InuYasha's version of the story rather than Kouga's, so he was the one reprimanded and sent packing.
 
“I was surprised to find that my half-brother had not come to loathe me as I had thought. After the incident with the human woman when his hanyou heritage was revealed to the public, he simply tried to distance himself from me so as not to drag me or the other remaining inuyoukai into the headlines with him. He could easily have exposed us all, but he remained silent and took the ridicule alone. I was certain that he resented me for it, but when I met him again, I came to understand that he never did. Still, since we were estranged for so long, it was difficult for me to admit anything that personal to him.
 
“I know that when we are together, you see two half-brothers that get along reasonably well. You had no way of knowing that we had re-established our relationship only a few months ago - not long before you dropped into the picture. I'll be honest, though. It isn't just InuYasha - it's going to be hard for me to admit our mating out loud to anyone. To be perfectly frank, I'm having a hard time admitting it to myself.” He felt her youki flare and quickly added, “It has nothing to do with you, dear. It has to do with the fact I've been alone for such a very long time. I also had no real desire for a mate after the incident with the one my mother selected for me - you know how that worked out.” Sesshomaru fell silent.
 
The wind witch slowly fanned herself as she listened and considered his words. Her lack of response was starting to make him nervous when she finally said, “I understand - sort of. I've been rather independent myself, but not for as long as you have. Still, I'm proud that you are my mate, and I was angered by the fact that you couldn't even admit to your brother that I was yours. I hope that you understand that I'll sleep in my old room tonight, rather than in your bed. Maybe you need a night or two alone to decide if you really want me with you or not.”
 
“I… all right, Kagura. If that is what you wish,” Sesshomaru agreed.
 
“It isn't, not really, but I think it may be necessary.” She turned back down the path and continued along it towards the car.
 
The Daiyoukai hated to admit it, but he was already missing the warmth of her body next to his.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Sango closed the door and locked it once Miroku was on the elevator. She'd watched him until the car came so she could wave goodbye to him when he left. Leaning back against the door, she touched her lips and smiled. She couldn't believe what had happened. Maybe he hadn't intended to say it out loud, but Miroku had admitted that he loved her.
 
At first she had been hurt and angry when he broke away and said he had to leave - she didn't want to feel used and tossed aside. Did she kiss so poorly that he didn't want to even try? But then those words spilled from his lips so softly that she barely heard him. She thought he was just making a string of excuses as to why he didn't want to go any further, and then he said that. Miroku really was trying to do the right thing by her, and he was right. Even if others were saying they were already sleeping together, the two of them knew the truth. In fact, this was the first time they'd ever really been alone together for more than just a few minutes where they could act on any feelings. He could have taken advantage of her since she would have willingly allowed him, but he hadn't. It seemed to be as hard for him to leave as it was for her to let him go.
 
She took their coffee mugs to the sink to wash them and set them on the drain board to dry. He kissed her, and then they drank coffee and talked, like two old friends. She was becoming more and more comfortable with him, and she wanted to believe that she was seeing him for the man he really was - the strong, caring, intelligent one that stood up for his friends and took care of them in addition to being a very good teacher who loved his subject. He wasn't at all like what the rumor mill around campus portrayed him to be - callous, womanizing, careless, and indifferent to all but a pretty face. The more she got to know him, the more she realized how much they were alike - hiding their real selves from the world, afraid to show who they really were, afraid of being hurt.
 
Only one more month, one more month and the semester would be over. If he really loved her, and she him, they could wait that much longer.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
“Kagome,” InuYasha started, but found her finger pressed over his lips.
 
“Shhhh… don't apologize again,” she said softly. They were lying down, facing each other, on his bed. She gently ran her thumb over the vivid blue marking on his cheek. “I've already told you that you didn't force me. I was upset because I didn't think I was ready to be pregnant yet, and I thought we would at least discuss it first. I know that you would never harm me. Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you say how much it bothered you that I was having trouble picking the date? I mean, isn't that one of the reasons you tried to make me pregnant?”
 
The hanyou sighed. “I tried to, remember? Isn't that what we argued about?”
 
The miko closed her eyes. “I didn't listen, did I? You were trying to tell me, and I was so worried about everyone else that I didn't hear you.”
 
“Kagome, that's one of the things I love about you - how much you care for others. I just have a hard time understanding why you would be so concerned about cousins and second cousins that you've never even met. Isn't what you want, what I want, what we want, more important?” He stopped but then added, “It's okay to think of yourself for a change, you know. It's okay to do what you really want to.”
 
She smiled. “It wasn't that long ago that my mother was telling me exactly the same thing. I was so worried about inconveniencing some of our family members that I couldn't see that I was hurting you with my indecision. I'm so sorry, InuYasha. If it's all right with you, I'll stick with Christmas Eve of this year. That was the day I really wanted to get married on, but then because it fell during the week, I was afraid it would be too hard for everyone to attend. But if they really want to come, I guess they'll find a way.”
 
“December twenty-fourth is fine with me, but do you mind if I ask why?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Well, it's really one of the most romantic days of the year, and there is a legend that says if you confess your true feelings on Christmas Eve before midnight, your wish to be together always will be granted. I thought, what better way of confessing your feelings than to say your wedding vows that day? Maybe I'm just being a silly girl, but I want us to be together always, InuYasha.” She paused, and then asked, “Tell me, did you know that your youkai had claimed me as your mate, or that my miko aura had claimed you?”
 
He shook his head. “I knew I felt different, but I had no idea that was really possible. I just knew that I'd been really confused, and then I was afraid you'd changed your mind and didn't want to marry me any more. Girls always seem to be so excited about getting married and setting a date, so the fact that you wouldn't scared me. It all happened so suddenly because of Sesshomaru's interference. I started to worry that once you had really had the chance to think things through, it wasn't what you wanted but that you were too kind to tell me.”
 
She wrapped her hand around his and brought it to her mouth to gently kiss his knuckles. “I love you, InuYasha, and I want to marry you. And someday, I want to have your children. I promise to try to listen more carefully to what you are trying to tell me, but I need you to make certain that I understand you if I seem to be missing the point. Don't get mad and give me the silent treatment because then I'll just think that I won.”
 
“All right, Kagome. I'll do my best,” the hanyou responded.
 
“Is what happened today likely to happen again?” she asked curiously.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “I don't think so. Sesshomaru is the only one really powerful enough to challenge me, but my inu half isn't threatened by him anymore.”
 
“Because he took Kagura as his mate?” Kagome questioned.
 
“Yes and no. Once I finally calmed back down, I realized he wasn't a threat at all. Not only had he taken Kagura as his mate, but you're human, and he isn't interested in human women that way. Our father may have been, but he really isn't. It was really my human half that was distressed at your indecision, so my youkai half tried to prove that it wasn't an issue.” He sighed. “It's all so fucking complicated and confusing, but I think once we're officially married, all of me will be happy.”
 
She smiled. “I'll be happy, too.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Miroku couldn't believe the turn of events as he drove home. Not only had he admitted to Sango that he had fallen in love with her, he'd kissed her - twice. He'd ended up staying much later than he had planned to. Or actually, he hadn't planned to stay at all. He was prepared to be the perfect gentleman and make certain she was safely inside, but then go on his way home. He really had not intended to kiss her, at least not yet. As much as he wanted to, he was trying to wait until the semester was over, and she was no longer in his class.
 
At one point he would have been seriously worried about InuYasha interfering because he was an instructor at the dojo. However, he didn't think that would be much of an issue any longer since he had been honest with the hanyou and confessed his feelings. Of course, it also helped that InuYasha had finally admitted his love for Kagome and that they were together. He still sparred with her and taught her, though their sessions were as likely as not to end with Kagome on top of the hanyou either kissing him or rubbing an ear. Miroku just pretended he never witnessed any of that at the dojo since it only happened when no one else was around. But if InuYasha brought it up and declared a conflict with Miroku instructing Sango at any point, Miroku could always argue that what was good for the gander was, well, good for the other gander.
 
He had been shocked at Sango's declaration that everyone thought he was fucking her. However, considering his reputation, he really shouldn't have been surprised. After all, how hard would it be to cross the line from screwing a student that had just finished their finals to one that was about to take them? His reputation preceded him, and he couldn't blame anyone but himself. He would have to make it clear both at the college and the dojo that from now on he was a one-woman man.
 
That thought actually made Miroku break out into a cold sweat. One woman? Could he actually do it? He'd succumbed to lust so many times in the search for love that the thought of staying faithful to only one girl scared him. But as he thought back on the last few months, he'd been faithful to her whether he really intended to be or not. He had turned down perfectly good fucks because he felt like he would be betraying a girl that wasn't even his yet and wasn't truly certain ever would be.
 
As he rode up the elevator to his floor, he closed his eyes and remembered the sensations that flooded his entire body when he kissed her for the first time: the taste of her, the softness of her body pressed against his, her hands wrapped around him with her fingers digging into the muscles of his back. Then when he kissed her goodbye, he could feel the sheer intensity that they shared, neither wanting to part from the other. Even when the kiss was ended, they stood holding each other, not wanting to let go. It was only pure will power that helped Miroku to finally admit that he really should go. Before he lost his resolve, he slipped on his shoes, kissed her on the forehead and said goodnight.
 
He had felt light-headed with a stomach full of butterflies as he made his way out of her building. No, he felt giddy - that was the best word for it. He, Miroku, felt like a school-boy with his first crush. But that wasn't exactly right, either. He was in love, probably for the first time in his life. He'd had crushes, he'd been jealous, and he'd lusted, but he couldn't ever remember feeling like this. This constant ache that was only filled when she was near, this desire to make her happy, to hold and comfort her when she was sad, and the patience to do whatever he had to in order to be with her - this must be love.
 
As he entered his own apartment Miroku smiled. He was certain that he'd finally found his soul mate, the one he was meant to be with just as Kagome was meant to be with InuYasha. His instincts hadn't been lying to him the day they first met when he pinned her to the floor when they sparred. He never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to him, but maybe there really was such a thing as love at first sight.
 
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Bankotsu rubbed his neck as he climbed the many steps that led from the street up to the Higurashi Shrine. It felt like something had bit him during the night, and his neck itched like crazy. Of course the more he scratched, the more it irritated him, but he couldn't keep his hands away from the red welt.
 
He stopped when he reached the top of the staircase and took a look around. He snorted as he walked by the purification trough; it was a little late for him.
 
He hadn't spotted the shrine priest as of yet, so he wandered towards the main building until his attention was caught by the magnificent tree on the premises. The strips of paper attached to the sacred rope fluttered softly in the breeze. His eyes followed the trunk up until it disappeared in the mass of branches and leaves. He was wondering where the priest or priestess of the shrine might be when a voice nearly made him jump out of his skin.
 
“That's our sacred tree, the Goshinboku. It's said to be a thousand years old. I'm sorry, son, I didn't mean to startle you.”
 
Bankotsu turned around to find himself facing an elderly priest. “That's quite all right. I was just wondering where the priest that keeps the shrine might be. Would that perhaps be yourself?”
 
“Why, yes it would. I've been the keeper of this shrine for nearly fifty years,” Jii-chan responded.
 
“Oh, good. So that means you have been around for a long time, and I bet you know the history of this shrine and the artifacts associated with it,” Bankotsu said with much more enthusiasm than he actually felt.
 
“Yes I do, in fact the tree-”
 
The old priest was cut off. “The tree wasn't really what I was interested in. I'm trying to find out information about a rare jewel known to bring good fortune and power to anyone who possesses it. Would you perhaps be able to tell me about it?”
 
Jii-chan shook his head. “I… I… I'm not familiar with anything like that.”
 
“But another priest at another shrine who said he was an old friend of yours told us that you would know all about it. He said the Higurashi Shrine is the one that claimed to possess the Sacred Jewel,” Bankotsu pressed.
 
“He… he… he must have been mistaken,” he responded nervously. “I've never heard of the Shikon no Tama.” The old man couldn't help but to glance at the storage building in which it was safely locked away. “I'm sorry, but I cannot help you.”
 
Bankotsu scratched his neck as he studied the elderly priest. Any thoughts he had of pressuring him further dissipated as what looked like a busload of tourists crested the top of the stairs. “Thank you for the information. I'll be on my way.”
 
Jii-chan breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the dark haired man start down the immense staircase. Once he was certain the man was gone, he went to meet the new visitors.
 
 
Bankotsu knew that Naraku would want to hear the news right away, so he headed straight back to the house. He frowned when he saw the sports car that he knew belonged to the real estate agent the boss had been banging in the driveway. He had to admit she was pretty hot, and he wouldn't mind fucking her himself. Naraku had hinted that if one of them came up with anything substantial, he might let them have a go at her while he watched.
 
He parked around back and went in through their private entrance. He made his way up the stairs to the living area, not really expecting the two of them to be there, at least not if they were doing what they normally did when they were together. They usually took that to the master bedroom and Naraku's collection of toys.
 
“Are you here, Nara-” he stopped himself and became hard at the sight that met his eyes when he reached the top of the stairs. Kikyou was in the recliner upside down while Naraku fucked her hard in the mouth. He had both hands braced on the arms of the chair, while the girl was gripping him tightly at the hip to keep from sliding onto the floor. “Sorry!” he exclaimed as he turned to start back down the staircase.
 
“Did you find it?” Naraku yelled back at him without stopping what he was doing.
 
Bankotsu stopped his trek downward and returned to the top of the stairs. “I think I did, but I can tell you about it later.”
 
“You can tell me now,” he demanded as he wrapped his hands tightly into the long black hair and jerked hard as he stopped his motion. “Kikyou likes to be fucked at both ends, so you can explain how you think you found it while you help me. Pony up, Kikyou.”
 
Without a word, she slid down and then got on her hands and knees crosswise in the recliner. Her long black hair spilled over her face so her expression couldn't be seen.
 
“You know, Bank has been wanting to fuck you. I promised him he could if he found what we were looking for. I know you don't mind, do you, baby?”
 
She shook her head in response.
 
He again wrapped his hands in her hair and yanked her to him. “Kikyou likes it rough, don't you?” Naraku commented.
 
She was only able to grunt her answer because her mouth was already full of his cock again.
 
“Well, Bank, what'cha waiting for?”
 
Bankotsu unzipped his pants and freed his straining erection. He allowed his hands to slide over her smooth creamy ass before he thrust into her hot slick heat.
 
 
Kikyou bounced between the two men as they both hammered into her hard and fast. Between her motion and that of the rocker-recliner, Bankotsu found himself exploding into her far too soon. He was panting as he held her buttocks flush against his groin. “Gods, I've never felt anything like that.”
 
Naraku was straining, and Bank would have sworn his eyes had taken on a red cast until he finally howled and released into her mouth. “That's it, baby, drink it all down,” he gasped before he demanded, “Okay, so tell me - what did you find out.”
 
“I think I found the shrine where it's kept,” he answered.
 
“What do you mean, you think! Did you or didn't you?” Naraku pulled away from Kikyou and glared.
 
“The old man denied knowing anything about it, but then he knew the name of the object when I didn't mention it. I think they know someone is looking for it and are trying to hide it,” Bankotsu answered hastily.
 
That did sound promising. Naraku grinned. “Where?”
 
“The Higurashi Shrine,” Bank replied.
 
“Higurashi? I know that name,” Kikyou interjected.
 
Bankotsu pulled out of her so she could turn around and sit up. She sat with one leg draped over the arm of the chair while she lounged against the other, giving both men a full view of her body.
 
“So tell us, what do you know?” Naraku asked.
 
“Do you remember the half-breed I told you about? The one with dog ears?” she prompted.
 
Naraku chuckled. “The one you had a temper tantrum about when I suggested I get a Great Dane or maybe a Mastiff so I could watch you fuck it?”
 
“Yes, that one. Anyway, it was in the papers not too long ago that his engagement to a girl had been announced. I'm pretty sure her name was Higurashi, and she was from a shrine,” Kikyou practically snarled.
 
“My, so much hatred. What else do you remember?” Naraku asked.
 
“I'm sure you can find it all online, but if I remember, she lives at the shrine with her grandfather, mother and younger brother.” Kikyou crossed her arms in front of her. Just thinking about it was making her livid.
 
Naraku nodded. “All right. Why don't you be a good girl and run along to the bedroom. I'll be there after I finish my business with Bank.”
 
Kikyou rose gracefully from the chair and stalked like an angry cat along the hallway. When they heard the door click shut, Naraku rounded irately on Bankotsu, “So why didn't you try to find out more while you were there?”
 
“I would have, boss, but a whole busload of tourists showed up. I thought I might send Suikotsu back to check out the shrine grounds more thoroughly. He hasn't been there before. I'm afraid that it'll raise suspicion if I go back or send Renkotsu back since he was there asking about the Shikon no Tama earlier. We need to find out how many people are usually working during business hours, who lives on the grounds, and that kind of thing before we go in making any demands for the jewel. I don't think threatening the old man will do much good. We're probably going to have to find something else that's more precious to him than his own life. Suikotsu is good for scouting out that kind of information,” Bank replied. “If that's okay with you, that is.”
 
Naraku nodded in agreement. That was one of the reasons he had hired the Seven, after all, was for their leader. Bankotsu rarely acted rashly; he almost always had a plan of action first though he was an expert at adapting when things didn't go as intended. “Kikyou is waiting. Why don't you go and keep her company while I go and do a little research myself on this Higurashi Shrine?”
 
“You mean…” Bank started.
 
“I mean go and fuck her brains out. I'm done with her for now.”
 
Bankotsu hurried down the hall while Naraku went to the computer. Pulling up his favorite search engine, he typed in “Higurashi” and smiled.
 
To be continued…
 
*******************
InuYasha Fanfiction Guild News
 
Seconding for the second Quarter of 2008 at the InuYasha Fanfiction Guild is now complete. Thank you very much to knittingknots magedelbene landofthekwt, dreaming_trees, and TAJE for the following nominations and seconds (or even the attempt to). I really do appreciate it: 
 
Minoue: Best Romance: Miroku/Sango, Best AU/AR, and Best Characterization for InuYasha
White Ribbon: Best Comedy
Never Too Late: Best InuYasha/Kagome Romance
 
Voting will begin on Sunday, August 17th and continue through Saturday, August 30th

Good luck to everyone this quarter!