InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ More Than You and I Should ❯ Secrets and the Risks it Take ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Disclaimer: Even if I want to, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. And I don't have any profit from this story. The only thing I get is extreme satisfaction.
 
 
Hey! If you are reading this means you're interested in my story, which I am grateful for. And I would be more grateful if you would continue reading. I apologize in advance for any mistakes in spelling or in grammar that I could possibly commit in my stories. I would also like to let you know that if the words, scenes, or the plot of my stories are, in one way or another, similar to yours or any of those that you have already read, it was purely coincidence. Oh well, guess that summarizes it all. Have a good day.
 
Chapter 2 Secrets and the Risks it Take
 
(Kagome)
 
I just didn't walk out, did I?
Oh, I am such a terrible human being. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't intend to in the first place. I just wanted to pour out my frustrations. Oh my.
Anyway, I'm glad I was able to change into my working clothes before I decided to abandon my room. I finally understood that my dream would always be a dream; I would always be busy. I hurriedly walk down the stairs, wanting to leave before Inuyasha comes looking for me. I was about to leave when Sango called from the kitchen.
“Inuyasha?”
I struggled whether to tell her it's me, or just leave immediately. Guilty won and I came to the kitchen.
“It's me.”
I surprised her, I can tell.
“W-where's Inuyasha?. Are you okay? I've been worried. You wouldn't talk to me. I just hope I made the right decision of telling him. I figured he knew why you're a little reserved but he's also alarmed.”
“He's still upstairs. And I'm fine. We just had a little misunderstanding.”
“Oh,” still not understanding the whole concept.
I laughed at her expression.
“Oh come here.” I hugged her, still giggling.
“Thank you Sango for worrying, and I'm sorry too. It's my entire fault. I'm feeling jealous over Kikyou so I tried to isolate myself. But it'll be over in due time, I hope.”
I let go and she stared at me.
“He still doesn't have any idea, does he?” she asked, seriously.
“No. And I don't have any plans of telling. Please prepare a breakfast for him. Thanks.”
And I went off to work.
 
 
(Inuyasha)
 
I just stared at the door for a long time after Kagome left. Did she really he walked out on me? Unbelievable; just so fucking unbelievable. I was supposed to follow her but realize I may anger her more, so I retreated.
What's wrong with her? That girl, oh I'm going to strangle her to death. I've been so very worried and here I am, being the bad guy. However, I felt so damned relieved she wasn't in any way, injured or sick. I just didn't expect that she would be very jealous. I didn't think she viewed Kikyou as a danger to our friendship. I mean, sure I might have some interest about her but never more than my concerns for Kagome. I better make it up to her immediately or I'll be dead.
I was about to stand up when I glanced at the picture frame on her nightstand. It showed a man, wrapping his left arm around the woman during their yearly vacation as they try to walk further along the busy streets of New York. They looked so happy, and free. I stared at the picture admiringly simply because the man in the picture was me. I was the man having the time of his life with Kagome. It's like all of the good memories I have was because of her presence. I stared at the picture again. There is always a funny and giddy feeling erupting in my heart every time I look at this picture. I just feel so proud to be her best friend. I value her more than anything and anyone.
 
 
 
(Kagome)
 
I strode towards the office with a heavy heart. I tried to recover my composure but somehow, people added to my annoyance.
“Kagome, my love, can we go out tonight?” an idiotic, annoying “suitor” asked.
“Kagome, honey can I buy you a drink later?” another idiotic, annoying son-of-a bitch asked with insistency.
“Why the hell were you not answering my calls?” my so-called-friend Ayame demanded. I'd bet my fortune she just wanted to talk about her boyfriend cheating up on her and unfortunately for her, I have no patience at this time of the day. And the next day. And after that. So you get it. I don't understand why women, despite their intelligence and decent intentions, have to keep being in a relationship that totally wipes out their sensibility. I just don't get it. All other nonsense statements came along my way. When will they ever shut up?
Moments later, I tried to focus on my work, reading and reviewing papers. Being an economic researcher is indeed a difficult job, just like everything else. When I started to be so engrossed on my work, my office door opened and Sesshomaru entered my office.
“Good morning gorgeous,” he teased as he walked towards a chair. He was wearing his usual attire and he looked marvelous. Despite my irritation at turn of events this morning, I smiled and gladly welcomed him. He is a wonderful person who never failed to make me comfortable. One thing I love about my friendship with Inuyasha is that, unlike other friendships, he was able to make me closer to other people at the same time claiming me as his best friend. He did not, in any way, tried to possess me, my time, and my life. He did now own me and I did not own him because we think that owning is possessing, which leads to force, etc. He only feels protective when really needed and when suitors and admiring glances come my way, with my consent of course.
He hugged me and I motioned him to sit down.
“It has not been a good morning for me.” I complained. Sesshoumaru has a reputation of being grumpy and hot-headed but only few people know about his willingness to listen and if needed, able to offer an advice to those in need. He's always been listening to me every time Inu and I have a stupid fight, although I wouldn't consider this fight a stupid one.
“Why?” I watched as his eyebrows furrowed.
“Inu.” I stated with simplicity. I know he would understand it right away.
He laughed and suddenly grew serious.
“That idiot. Me too; I yelled at someone.” He stated it as if it's the first time he has ever done it to anybody.
“Let me guess, your secretary.”
“And everyone else.”
I laughed heartily.
“Except me.” I beamed.
He grinned. “Yeah. Except you.”
“So, what does The Lord need from me?” I mocked.
“Oh shut up. I'm here because Rin called and ask me to go shopping with her. I'm not available so maybe you could accompany her.”
“Wonder why she didn't call me herself. Well, Sure, I'd love to. And oh, I'm sorry for being rude; do you want a cup of coffee?”
He smiled devilishly.
“What?” I raised a brow.
The smiled turned into laughter.
“I know you. When you want a heart-to-heart conversation, you lure me into several cups of coffee.”
I smiled.
“Very funny.” I stood up and poured two cups of coffee from the pot.
“So, what is it?” he asked as I placed the coffee in the center table. He moved to sit at the office ouch, me on the opposite end.
I hesitated. My mind started drifting into the memories Inu and I had only hours ago. Sessh threw an annoyed look at me, which I returned with a frown.
He waited, I know enough that he's eager to know about the matter that complicates my mind.
“Do you think I have any right to be jealous over a woman involved with Inuyasha?” I asked though I was a bit embarrassed. However, I value Sessh's opinion with the highest regard.
From the expression on his face, I could tell he was surprised. I felt crazy.
“You know, I think you don't have. Please don't get me wrong. Even I don't have the right, I think, because it's still his life. He would be the one eventually getting married to that particular woman, not us.”
I bowed my head. I felt terrible but I acknowledge that he's right. Then he added softly, “But the thing is, Kagome, he lets us influence him, his decisions, his principles in life. And he lets you overpower him at times. He gave you a right. And in return, you gave him that too.”
 
 
(Inuyasha)
 
The parking lot was only half full so it didn't take me a long time looking for a vacant slot. I looked around and saw the consecutive line up of cars that belonged to my father, my brother and Kagome. I knew she would go to work immediately so here am I, desperately want to talk to her. There was also Rin's car, my sister in law, which happened to slightly surprise me since just gave birth few months ago and Sesshoumaru was a bit cautious. Correction, he was ridiculously cautious.
I entered the building, fully aware that I don't have any idea what to say or what to do. We weren't used to this fights and I found myself understanding that the women in my life truly affects her, maybe more than they affect me. I think I kind of gave her a fright because it has a while since I dated. I believed that women would always be anywhere but that belief changed a few weeks ago. That dream continually haunted me and I can't help but feel that there is something I need to change about the way I live my life.
I rolled my eyes as an employee blinked her eyelids a little faster than the normal. I stepped in the elevator and decided to head straight to my brother when my phone rang.
Nice timing.
“I wa---” I started to say something but I swallowed my words as my brother yell, making me wish I hadn't gone deaf.
“You stupid!! Where the hell are you?!” Bad timing.
The elevator stopped and the doors opened. I looked at the employees outside Sessh's office and concealed a smirk at the terror looks on their faces. With my phone still in my ear, I barged in my brother's office.
“I'm here!” I announced. And I snapped my phone close.
“You!” he accused and I welcomed myself and sat on his couch.
“What have you done?” he asked, concern etched in his face.
“What do you mean?” I think I know what this is all about. And I think I know he's on her side.
“Inuyasha. Is it true?
“What?” I honestly don't know which of all the possible things he is talking about.
“You're dating Kikyou?”
“No.” I responded.
He arched a brow.
“Not exclusively.” I supplied.
“Why?” A nosy Sesshoumaru isn't a good one.
“I don't know.”
“You don't know?”
I shifted uncomfortably on my seat. We weren't used to this kind of conversation. Circumstances like this are rare that is why I'm rambling like this.
“You really want to hear it?”
My brother only nodded. I started.
“You see, I dreamt. And in the dream, I have this overwhelming presence of love for someone.” I paused to look at him. I saw that he was waiting for my next words. I bowed my head and covered it with my hands. Then I continued.
“And on that particular moment, Sesshoumaru, I've never been happier in my life. And I came to the understanding that I want to search for that woman.”
There was a deafening silence between and I started to regret telling him this particular thing. I didn't even told Kagome about this matter. I guess there are things that are meant for brothers. And I believe this certainly is one of them.
He broke the silence, thankfully, for I cannot think of words to start the conversation.
“But it's only a dream.”
“Precisely! It's only a dream. But it has a great effect on me. it really hit me hard.”
“So you think its Kikyou?”
“I cannot be certain. But truth be told, I don't feel anything towards her considering the time we dated.”
“What about Kagome?”
I was silent for a moment. Then ever so slowly, I answered him with deliberation.
“She's—she's a risk I have to take.”
 
Author's note: That's it. Please tell me what you think since I haven't polished everything out yet. Thank you all.