InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ More Than You and I Should ❯ Dolls and Races ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Even if I want to, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. And I don't have any profit from this story. The only thing I get is extreme satisfaction.
 
It's good that I'm already in the 3rd Chapter. Still far from the beginning but it's wonderful that I am actually rapidly progressing. Or is it just me? (smiles)
Have a wonderful day!!
 
Chapter 3 Dolls and Races
 
A 10-year old little girl sat in the park, a doll in her lap. Couples were sweetly whispering words of affection to each other and families pass by her, each member having a smile on their faces, happily sharing a joke. Unlike them, the little girl was alone. She stared at the sky and decided that no one, absolutely no one, could help her ease the pain that grips her heart. The pain is probably enough to kill her and she cried out loud. Despite her early age, she was forced to feel and understood that the world is unfair; for her, and probably for everyone else too. She couldn't take it any longer.
“Mama!!” the word brought her more to tears. God, please kill me now, this is too much for me.
People around the park looked at her and there is a familiar trace of emotion on their faces. Pity. She hated them. She pitied herself already and she couldn't afford other people doing the same for her. Of all people, why did the Lord have to take her mom away? Worse people roam around the world but her mom had to die. Exactly one year have already passed since her mother suffered death from a car accident but she still doesn't understand why it had to happen. Her father tried doing his best to be a father and mother for her at the same time and she truly appreciates it but there are still things that only a mother could do.
“Mama—.” She felt so helpless and she wiped her tears with anger and frustration. She's angry for her life has been miserable and frustrated that she was far too young to make it better. She threw her doll with extreme desperation and bowed her head to cry some more.
Other people only continued to do whatever they're doing. A few moments after, she heard footsteps which she ignored at first but was immediately alerted when she realized the particular person was walking towards her. Her eyes caught a shade of muddy shoes, probably from playing, and she looked up to see a boy looking down at her. There was something in his eyes that was surely not pity but more of sympathy. He has her doll in his hands and tried to give it back to her.
“I thought girls love dolls. You threw yours away. ” He was now standing in front of her and she felt annoyed that he has to interrupt her private moment.
“You can have it. I don't want it anymore,” she answered firmly.
“I'm not a girl.” The boy complained.
She stared directly at his eyes and replied, “You can take care of it for me.”
Then she ran away, leaving the poor doll in the boy's care.
 
 
(Kagome)
I remembered every detail of our first meeting correctly. I tried to stop from remembering but Rin dragged me in a corner full of dolls and there, the memory just popped out without my permission.
I never expected I would meet my best friend in such manner otherwise I should have never run away. But destiny let us meet the again and for that, I am very thankful. Every anniversary of my mother's death, we would always go to the park and just sit there, watching as different people who vary in different ways pass by in front of us. Some of them notice us; some doesn't even throw a single glance. We would just stay there until the sun goes down. He doesn't complain during these times although when it comes to other matters, he could be the opposite. I love Inuyasha so much and our friendship made me stronger than I could ever dare to hope I would be. He helped me to endure and I prevailed.
My thoughts faded as my ear grew irritated at Rin's voice.
“Kagome!” she practically yelled. I searched my head and found her holding up two dolls, one of which was really cute; the other not so much.
“Which of the two is better?” she asked and I scrutinized.
“The other's too big for her age so I think the blue one is better.”
She gave the blue doll to the sales lady to have it wrapped while we waited on a couch located at the center of the store.
“I'm throwing up a party for Kishi,” she informed. Kishi is Sessh's and Rin's eldest child who is barely a month old.
“Didn't you already have your baby shower?” I asked while staring at a pair of red shoes that, I think, would probably look good on me.
“Yeah, but you know, we want to celebrate it again. For the both of us.” She's a wonderful mom. Despite having a heart ailment, she managed to conquer the worst.
“When?” I stood up and went over to the shoes.
“Next week.” She remained seated for she tires easily.
“Let me guess, you need my help.” I decided to take the shoes.
She smiled in appreciation. “Well yeah.”
“On one condition.”
“Anything.”
“Pay for the shoes.” My smile was wider than hers which she returned with a grin.
“Take me to lunch,” she supplied.
“Deal.”
 
 
(Inuyasha)
 
My phone rang as I descend the down the stairs. It was Miroku.
“Where are you?” he immediately asked as I snapped my phone open.
“Why?” I wanted privacy at the moment.
“You're not going to work today?” Damn Miroku.
“I thought I told you I won't,” I sounded irritated, which I was.
“Well, I assumed you weren't serious.”
“I was. I am.” I reached my car and exited the building.
“So there's something wrong with Kagome?”
“More of something wrong with me.” I was driving nowhere.
“You just figured that out?” he teased.
“I'm serious.”
“Okay—okay. What is it?”
“Miroku, what do you think of me getting married?” I asked softly.
The laughter on the other line beat the noise of the streets and I wanted to strangle the man responsible. I waited for him to recover his sanity before asking.
“What is so damn funny?”
“You, my friend. I thought it was funny. Didn't you? You're gorgeously handsome, wealthy, not so very patient, domineering, over-bearing, bossy and the like. I think you could manage.” I nearly growled.
“Well its not that it's impossible, maybe uh, unthinkable.” He continued, pretending not to notice my erupting annoyance.
“Feh.”
“You quite made an image of a man of forever bachelorhood.”
It was true.
“Whatever.”
I hung up the phone.
Not that I detest marriage but I thought it wasn't for me. Maybe I would have a child, but not marry. I think I wasn't ready to see the same person every time I wake up in the morning. My mother was 10 years younger than my father when they married and despite having two children, she proclaimed she wasn't ready to be a mother. Maybe she was prepared to be a wife, but not a mother. She left and that is probably the reason why I have an uncomfortable feeling towards marriage. I saw what it did to my father. He never married again and I took the same vow as his. But as I grow up with Kagome, I felt the need for a family. I know how she suffered for the lost of her mother and I felt guilty for someday bringing pain to my child. Also, this dream I had a few weeks ago. I can still remember it as clear as ice.
 
 
“Faster!” a woman dress in a summer dress ran freely across the beach under the moonlight. A man was running after her, feigning a slow motion.
She grunted but continued running anyway. “I have a feeling you are becoming more unhealthy these days. See, you can't even reach me.” She informed him and he laughed. The man ran faster and in a split of second, he reached the finish line which was indicated by a twig.
“Who's unhealthy now?” I challenged.
She reached him a few seconds later. She was panting hard.
“Unfair.” She complained. The man immediately caught the girl on her waist from behind and nuzzled the back of her neck. Ever so slowly, he planted a kiss on her lips. The woman writhed in pleasure, kissed him back and circled her arms on his neck. He carried her to their cottage and gently laid her down the down. He looked down at her; she looked so inviting.
“Turn off the light,” she commanded with a glint in her eyes.
“No way.” He answered, looking directly at her eyes while taking a few steps backward.
The woman eyes widened as the man began undressing himself, with all the light they could get. The shock turned into giggles. The man danced gracefully around the room conducting an overrated striptease. Slowly, he began unbuttoning his red, cotton shirt while holding her gaze with great intensity. He gave her a mocking brow and continued by letting the shirt slowly slide down his broad shoulders. The woman found a comfortable position and watched the entertainment presented to her. He alertly caught the shirt in his hand, raised it above his head and swung in circles.
The woman giggled and reached for him.
“Why, you couldn't get enough of me?” he laughed. She pinched his side.
“I would never get enough of you.” she admitted with a smile.
“I know.” He began taking her shirt off.
“Conceited.”
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”