InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother AT Sixteen ❯ Knowing Your Way Around ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mother At Sixteen
 
Summary
 
At 16 Kagome found out she was pregnant. The father leaves, and she is left alone. Until a handsome gang leader comes to her rescue. A story full of truth, love and second chances.
______________________________________________________________ ___________________________
 
Knowing Your Way Around
 
Chapter 2
 
“Okay, thank you!” Kagome answered being tugged up the stairs by Rin.
 
Rin and Kagome started walking up the giant staircase but when Kagome saw Yasha having trouble walking, or crawling, up she decided to help.
 
“Come on Kagome l wanna show you around!” Rin said from the top of the staircase watching Kagome pick up Yasha and carry him the rest of the way.
 
XXXX
 
“This is the second floor and is occupied by the boys. There are 8 boys on this level including Miroku and others that just stay the night.” Rin said waling down the hall past all the doors with each boy's name on them.
 
As they walked along the hallway Rin named each of the boys that inhabited the room and a little bit about them.
 
“Miroku is first and you know about him and his perverted ways. Shippo you also know as is the quiet of all the boys but the sweetest. Ah and Uh are identical twin brothers and wanted to share a room. Kohaku is Sango's younger brother and the only family she has. Souta is an orphan that Sesshomaru found wandering the streets and stealing money from people. Bankotsu and Jakotsu are lovers and although they have separate rooms they like too stay together all the time.
 
They started walking up the smaller staircase on the other side of the hallway.
 
“This is the third floor of course and this is where the girls stay. There are only four people on this floor including Sango because all the other girls have moved out and are married or living with there boyfriends.”
 
As they walked along the hallway Rin, again, each of the girls that resided in the room and a little bit about them.
 
“Kanna and l are best friends and she is also my Aunt so she buys me and Yasha presents.” Hearing his name Yasha gurgled and buried his face further into Kagome neck in embarrassment. “Sango you know and a really good friend who likes to help people in need. Sango may appear weak but when provoked she can be an untamed lion. Kikyo isn't very nice to anyone and likes to think she is the best. She and daddy used to date along long time ago but daddy said `she is just a whore who wants my money and the get in my pants'. Then they broke up.
 
`After saying that about someone I'm not surprised they broke up.' Kagome thought to herself feeling sorry for the person on receiving end of Sesshomaru's wrath.
 
That all changed when the three of them passed Kikyo's room. Inside you could hear moaning and slapping of skin. Through the opening of the door you could tell it was dark and make out a silhouette of a man and a woman on a bed. (If you get my drift! ^^)
 
Kagome quickly covered Rin's ears and made sure Yasha's face was still in her neck so he couldn't hear and quickly walked past the door until nothing could be heard.
 
Rin, not hearing anything, continued walking and Leading Kagome down the hall as though nothing happened.
 
Ignorance is bliss.
 
“Each floor has its own bathroom, a group room and a separate room for each person. On the ground floor is the kitchen, Practice Room, games room and a big lounge room. Miroku is in charge of the boys and Sango is in charge of the girls.”
 
At the end of the hallway they started to climb another giant staircase like the one from the ground floor but not so elegant.
 
“This is where Yasha, Daddy and l live. Daddies study is also up here so no one is allowed up here without daddy's permission or if it is an emergency.”
 
The pair kept walking down the smaller hallway passing each room and looking at the photographs of Sesshomaru, Rin and Yasha.
 
`All of these photos are just of the three of them. I wonder where Rin and Yasha's mother is and why she is not in any photos.” Kagome thought scanning for one picture with a woman in it.
 
Kagome, deciding she was brave enough, asked the question that she knew the answer for. “Rin?”
Rin stooped in front of a balcony entry and turned to look at Kagome waiting for her question.
 
“Where is your mother?” Kagome asked.
 
“Mom left right after Yasha was born.” Seeing Kagome's sad face Rin was quick too reassure her. “It's okay. I'm over it now. She's been gone almost two years now and daddy always said it was never our fault she left. He said she left for an older man with more money.” Rin said with an emotionless face and voice.
 
A few minutes went past and the came too a door at the end of the hallway with the sign `Garden of Paradise'.
 
Rin opened the door and walked up the tiny staircase leading up to what Kagome could guess was the roof.
 
They reached the top and Kagome couldn't help but stare.
 
In front of her was the dirty city she had known transformed into a breathtaking array of lights. It was like a sea of sparkling pearls or, to better describe it, floating in a deserted area of space amongst the dazzling and twinkling stars.
 
Everywhere Kagome looked around her Kagome could see the lights going all the way into the distance and finally disappearing beyond the mountain ranges.
 
“Rin it's beautiful!” Kagome said turning to face the girl standing on the railing, leaning over to see the lit up city.
 
“It would be heaven if there wasn't any noise.” Rin said with a smile. At that Kagome laughed.
 
“Daddy and I came up here before mom left when l had nightmares.” Rin said smiling at the memory.
 
“Your mother planted these flowers?” Kagome asked Rin standing beside her leaning on the railing.
 
“Daddy planted the flowers just after l was born so it could be my special place. He said he used to bring me up here and I'd watch him plant the flowers and sometimes l would chase after the butterflies the came.” Rin turned around and crouched down looking at the huge range of flowers.
 
“When l go older l started to come here when l was upset or wanted to just get away. Daddy knew he would always find me here when l was mad or angry and always listened to me talk.” Kagome had sat on the wooden bench behind Rin and listened to her talk before Rin sat next to her.
To Be Continued…