InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Obsessions with a Seraph ❯ Pulling Tetsusaiga and Sesshoumaru's True Form ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshoumaru froze, all three males looked towards the girl who clung to the Tetsusaiga in awe. She blinked and looked at them weakly.

"I'm sorry... it just...slipped out," she whimpered. Sesshoumaru frowned at her. She couldn't be human. How could a human possibly pull the Tetsusaiga? Jaken was babbling in confusion and Sesshoumaru felt like doing as much too. Yet he contented him self to staring at the girl, awe written all across his face. She was human. That was all he could think. Just a human. A gorgeous, intelligent human. How could she pull the Tetsusaiga? Inu Yasha growled beneath him.

"Never take your eyes off me!" he snarled. Sesshoumaru leapt away before the half-breed could attack. He stood before Kagome, taking in her frightened features.

"You..." he frowned at her. She inhaled sharply, clutching the blade tightly to her. He gazed down at her still, his mind trying to think of all sensible explanations. She looked like a human. Admittedly she didn't smell nor did she think like one, but she looked human. "What are you, that you were able to draw the Tetsusaiga?" he purred to her. She shivered again and he resisted smirking. Quickly she held up the blade, though her stance was feeble. She obviously knew nothing about weapons.

"D-don't come any closer! I'll slice you!" she snapped. He smirked at her, amused. He reached out slowly, cupping her cheek. She winced, as if expecting to be smacked, but he would do no such thing. He tilted her head up once more, guiding her to look at him. Her eyes were filled with fear of him, and he loved that fear, but he didn't want her entire outlook on him to be fear. He wanted something more. He wanted awe, lust, and admiration in those eyes. But also something more. Though the emotion meant nothing to him, maybe what the humans called...love? With love he could be the only one for her. Lust, though it was strong, could be centered upon many. Love was for one. And he wanted to be that one. He shook the thoughts from his head. It mattered not at the moment; she was in the way. The Tetsusaiga would protect her if he used his poison claws, for now, it would be best to get her out of the battle. She was a distraction to him. The vapors began to fill into his talons as he stared her down, pulling his hand from her cheek before she was hurt. Confusion and alarm was written all over her. She was still terrified of him, and that made him both delighted and sad. He loved her fear...but he didn't want her afraid, and all at once he did. Never before had he felt so much indecision. He wanted so much from her at the moment it was baffling, and best to be dealt with later. These were human emotions he hadn't felt for so long, why did they come now?

"Get away from her Sesshoumaru! She's not a part of this!" ordered Inu Yasha from behind him.

"Inu Yasha!" cried Kagome. Sesshoumaru cursed the jealousy that raged in him. She trusted the half-breed, he even sensed a bit of loving emotions within her. He would change those. Soon he would change those. He glanced back at Inu Yasha hatefully.

"Alas, I'm afraid she is. Merely by being your companion," he placed his hand towards the girl before him, watching at his poison claws began to melt away at the bone around her, yet the Tetsusaiga kept her delicate body from harm. It melted around her and she cried out in surprise and terror. Sheer terror that she was going to die, never see her cherished ones again. But she wasn't going to die; he would never let her die. "My talons bid you goodbye."

"Kagome!" gasped Inu Yasha. He raced for the melted bone that she was trapped within. It should hold her until he was ready to release her. Sesshoumaru stared down at the mess before him. He smirked. Inu Yasha was mumbling her name over and over, clawing at Kagome's cage. He stopped finally, muscles tense in pain.

"How dull. She was only a mortal girl, after all," Sesshoumaru watched his brother from the corner of his eye. Inu Yasha clenched his fists, growling low in his chest. He shot at his brother.

"Sesshoumaru!"

"I grow bored with this. It's over," was his elder brother's dull response. Inu Yasha clawed out at him once again, as Sesshoumaru went to dodge though, the half-breed's talons came in sharp contact wit his armor. Sesshoumaru blinked in surprise, diving away from the Hanyou. Jaken blanched.

"What in the name? An eye blink ago, he could scarce get in spitting distance!" Jaken screeched in surprise. Sesshoumaru frowned as his armor suddenly clattered to pieces, falling to the ground.

"Why so angry, Inu Yasha? There are a million more where she came from..." he chided. Inu Yasha cracked his knuckles.

"This time, I'll rip your bowels from your belly!" he threatened in a lone tone. Sesshoumaru watched as he hesitated for a moment, glancing back towards Kagome's 'grave'. The half-breed sighed; pain filling into his eyes and Sesshoumaru smirked. Let Inu Yasha think she's dead. Whilst the pest was dying he would be sure to tell him the girl was alive and was going to be left in his care for some time now. A rustling sound caused both of the to blink and they looked sharply to the mess Kagome was trapped in. The blade of the Tetsusaiga was shivering and shaking and suddenly Kagome burst from the mess in all her beautiful wonder. Sesshoumaru stared in confusion. Was she so strong and determined to actually be able to break through the dried bone of a Taiyoukai? She inhaled sharply, taking in the cool, though vaguely rotting, air.

"Man! I thought I was dead!" she scrambled out of the bone. Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes at her. How was he going to teach this girl if she kept spoiling his lessons for her? She would never learn to be obedient to him. She pointed the sword at him, anger flashing in her moonlit eyes.

"Okay you! You tried to kill me, didn't you?" she demanded. His eyes narrowed more, turning into golden slits. If only she knew. "Well you're goanna regret that! I'm about to make you pay!" suddenly she turned to Inu Yasha, handing him the sword. Sesshoumaru vaguely rolled his eyes. Of course, give the half-breed the sword. The nuisance didn't even know how to access its full power! He, Sesshoumaru, on the other hand did.

"Here," she smiled at the Hanyou. "This sword looks really awesome! Go to it!" she smiled cheerfully. Inu Yasha blinked at her deadpan.

"Tell me...why are you suddenly so...bouncy?" he frowned. Sesshoumaru growled. He was losing his temper. This girl, this human, seemed to be able to defeat everything he threw at her. He tensed, his eyes flaming red. He wanted Inu Yasha dead now. Then he would deal with her.

"Lord Inu Yasha, don't hold it back any more! Bite the cur deep with your father's fang!" instructed Myoga, panic welling in his eyes at sight of Sesshoumaru.

"Feh..." the Taiyoukai spat. His hair began to billow about him and his eyes glowed. Kagome inhaled sharply, hiding behind Inu Yasha while still gazing at the Inu Youkai.

"Another little joke? Let us see what a half-breed like you can do with the purity of the Tetsusaiga, against the equal purity of Sesshoumaru." his features began to elongate and his fangs grew. He grinned, the white of his eyes now insanely red and dog like features formed out of his once humanoid ones. His hands formed into paws and fur appeared all over him. He began to grow and in a burst of blinding light his monstrous, elegant, true form was revealed. A massive dog, mouth full of fangs and talons ready to rip skin glinted in the dull light. His blood shot eyes lolled towards Inu Yasha and the frightened Kagome. He grinned.

"He's...he's..." she stuttered.

"Back in his true form, that's all," spat Inu Yasha. He glared and leaped for Sesshoumaru, leaving Kagome helpless behind him. That would've been a bad move, had Sesshoumaru wanted her dead. "It'll be a dead form now!" Inu Yasha raised the Tetsusaiga, slamming it onto Sesshoumaru's head. Had the Taiyoukai had the nerve, he would've blinked then laughed at the mutt. As the Tetsusaiga was pulled away from his head Inu Yasha stared in glorious surprise as the sword vibrated from the pointless attack. The mutt obviously didn't know how to control the sword!

"Not a scratch?!" murmured the Hanyou.

How astute, the Taiyoukai thought.

He leapt for Inu Yasha, mouth wide and fangs ready to crunch bone. As he slammed his mouth down and Inu Yasha moved at the precise moment, missing his death from inches. Bone and rock crunched within Sesshoumaru's mouth but he took no notice. Inu Yasha was yelling at Myoga and Sesshoumaru rounded on him, grinning almost madly from the joy of the hunt and kill. In his true form he was able to show his insane smiles. Humans and most demons couldn't really tell if an Inu was smiling or not, so it was safe to let his façade just barely drop. He clawed out at the Hanyou but once again missed but inches. Kagome was off in a corner, watching and trying to stay completely unnoticed. It was hard to not notice her with that penetrating scent. In a way, it made him fight better. That calming scent made his movements much more fluid and smooth than they usually would be. She helped. She was his. Inu Yasha thwacked at Sesshoumaru's paw but once again, no damage was done. The half-breed cursed whilst Sesshoumaru sneered in response.

"That's it Inu Yasha! That one hurt him! Give 'im some more!" Kagome cried, rooting the Hanyou on. The Taiyoukai looked over at her, humor gleaming in his golden orbs. The half-breed glanced back at her deadpan then shot before her. Sesshoumaru calmed himself, watching the opera unfold between the two as they snapped at each other.

"Now listen...that didn't even make him blink all right?" yelled Inu Yasha in her face. Kagome pouted a bit, crossing her arms in front of her. She seemed the essence of purity and innocence in such a pose.

"Well...not yet," she beamed at the half Inu Youkai. "But you've got your father's sword right?" Sesshoumaru mentally added it belonged to him, not the filthy half-breed. She obviously meant Inu Yasha had it in his possession for the moment. Her striking eyes were bright with enthusiasm no person could honestly hold in such a situation. "C'mon, I believe in you! Don't you?"

"Feh! I wouldn't be so cheerful if I were you. I'm strong enough to survive his blows...but you'll be jelly any moment now," spat Inu Yasha. Kagome blinked at him, sadness filling her eyes. Sesshoumaru mentally disagreed with the Hanyou. He would never hurt her; she was his. His possession, his toy, and his pet, but he would never hurt her. Kagome sniffled a bit and Sesshoumaru wanted nothing more than to console her. Why wouldn't she realize what a nuisance Inu Yasha really was?

"You mean," she whispered, her tone airy and sad, "you're giving up?" Inu Yasha looked back at her sharply, his one good eyes wide in shock. Sesshoumaru growled deep within while he watched Kagome sniffle, tears trailed down her fair skin. He moved a bit closer, glaring acidly at Inu Yasha.

"Stop that now!" yelled the whelp, totally oblivious of the larger dog demon. Kagome glared at him, fire flashing in those beautiful blue eyes. Sesshoumaru was taken aback. How could she change emotions so quickly? She was a little frightening as he watched her yell at the pup.

"Y-you said I shouldn't be..." she began.

"Shut up! I meant, let me protect you! Do you hear?" he snarled angrily. Kagome blinked in surprise at him, her eyes widening in confusion and a bit of love for the Hanyou. Sesshoumaru bristled invidiously but showed no outward emotion. Inu Yasha turned and started for the Taiyoukai, eyes narrowed and challenging. "Just sit tight and watch."

Sesshoumaru glared sourly at him once more, taking a step towards the tiny half-breed. His eyes narrowed as well as Inu Yasha held out the sword towards his older sibling. He moved a bit closer, ready for the kill, ready to tear the mutt to shreds once and for all. Then he would claim the Tetsusaiga and Kagome. They were his and his alone. No one else could ever have them!

Kagome had watched, as if in a dream, as Inu Yasha had stared down at the Tetsusaiga. It couldn't have been real but it all was. It'd pulsed. She'd even heard it. It was like a soothing heart beat in the darkness. It was as if she'd felt lost forever, then suddenly this heartbeat gave her another being to be with, someone to keep her happy. She wasn't alone. That's what it felt like.

Then it'd transformed. And then...just like that Sesshoumaru was defeated. It irked her...in ways. Seeing all the blood, and the pained look of the dog demon. It was...as if he'd lost something terribly important. And she felt sorry despite herself. She should not feel sorry for him but she did. He'd searched forever, seeking the sword so desperately. Only to have it taken away in one clean stroke. A shiver raced over her spine. But the way he'd looked at her. At his defeat, before he'd seemed to disappear as if in thin air, his eyes had not wandered to the sword. No. His eyes had met hers in a searing hot gaze. Promises were in his eyes. Promises of coming back. And she did not doubt the word of Sesshoumaru. No. She would never doubt it word. He seemed to honorable to lie. And eyes were like gateways to the soul, and even if he'd learned to block the gateway to his soul, she'd seen the promises. Kagome bit her lower lip, staring towards the ground. They'd left Inu Yasha's father's grave. How she could barely remember. She'd been in such a daze, her thoughts resting on the dog demon Sesshoumaru.

She sat down at the lake, now outfitted in her school uniform. She'd just told Inu Yasha to 'Osuwari', for which he kindly made acquaintances with the ground. He had deserved it. He'd said he would protect her...and now...he denied it? Pain filtered into her eyes but she didn't let any tears fall. She was not in the mood to be weak. Sesshoumaru had been right about one thing.

'You are only a mortal human. You will not last long girl,' his words still rang in her ears. She stared down at her reflection. She looked fragile. She looked breakable. But she wouldn't allow herself to be. Even if Inu Yasha decided not to protect her she had to protect herself. Bowing her head a bit she realized Sesshoumaru had been...helping her. Kagome stood up slowly, eyes determined. She would not be a breakable doll. She knew she would always be a mortal human, but Sesshoumaru had been wrong about one thing. She would last long. She would complete the Shikon and she would go home stronger and braver.

Thank you Sesshoumaru...