InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Obsessions with a Seraph ❯ Within the Grave ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshoumaru stood before a ratted looking sword, flames made of metal sat behind it like a display, glinting what little light that was in his father's carcass to the sword. The area bout him was nothing but bones and old armor. The smell of death hung strongly in the air. A smile touched Sesshoumaru's lips.

"At last, my precious, I have found you. My dear Tetsusaiga...my steel- cleaving fang," he purred. "The blade impaled in my dear father's remains, said to possess the power to cut down a hundred demons with a single pass." Sesshoumaru reached out gracefully, wrapping his fingers about the Tetsusaiga, his wrist bending ever so slightly.

"Carved from your Lord Father's own fang, they say it was. So the holding of it is just the same...as inheriting his demon-powers!" chirped Jaken. Sesshoumaru began to pull gently, his eyes flashing with delight that he'd finally obtained the sword he'd searched so long for. A crackling fire formed about his hand but Sesshoumaru merely pulled harder. The spitting flames grew the more, alighting about his hand and stinging ever so slightly at his skin though he revealed no pain. He pulled more as he ignored the pattern a bit longer, annoyed that his father might've put a protecting spell upon the blade. He growled deep within his chest. His eyes narrowed and finally he yanked his hand away from the sword, staring down at the remained flames across his hand.

"Eh? 'Twon't come free!" squawked the toad Youkai behind him.

"How very like father. A shield spell to keep it 'safe'," Sesshoumaru murmured more to his self. The scent that assailed his nose suddenly caught his attention. He blinked and glanced behind him.

"What?" he breathed. That scent. Cherry blossoms, so sweet. The soothing sensation of warmth that fell over his body calmed his anger of not being able to grasp the Tetsusaiga. He sighed a bit, allowing the girl's scent to relax him. She would be good for him in the future; she would do him well. So Inu Yasha had brought her here had he? That only made capturing her all the easier. Sesshoumaru smirked. She was a brave girl, and it was hard to imagine she was human. It mattered not though.

"Sesshoumaru!" yelled Inu Yasha's irritating voice. Sesshoumaru looked behind him where Inu Yasha plummeted from the top of his father's skeleton. Kagome was climbing down leisurely, clinging to the vines that and roots that clung to the bones of the massive Inu Youkai. "This fight's not over yet!" Inu Yasha reached out, flexing his dull claws. Slamming towards the ground, he drove his claws deep into Sesshoumaru's flesh, ripping it away. Of course...that's what he'd hoped had happened. Instead his older brother now sat atop the metal flames, his arms crossed within his sleeves. He smirked. Inu Yasha cursed, glaring down at the large whole he'd dug before him as if it were its fault.

"What is this Inu Yasha? Have you come to dig your own grave? Or might you, too have come to try for our father's steel fang?" Sesshoumaru frowned dully now. Gracefully he leapt from the flames, standing not far from the half-breed. His golden gaze challenging his brother.

"The fang?" the Hanyou murmured looking at the battered sword.

"Lord Inu Yasha! Hop to it!" cried Myoga.

"Myoga? What?" Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes as his brother's stupidity.

"Sesshoumaru...you couldn't could you? You couldn't pull I out!" laughed the flea demon. Sesshoumaru hid the hatred and promise of death that glimmered brightly in his golden orbs. Instead he remained aloof, his expression uncaring and a little snide at once.

"And are you suggesting, that my brother can?" he purred. He sensed Kagome shiver behind him from his tone of voice and locked that information away for the future.

"You bet he can! Why else did your Lord Father hide his tomb in his eye, eh?" laughed the flea. "Jump on it, Lord Inu Yasha! Now!"

"Huh! What do I care about some rusted hunk of metal?" snarled the half- breed, his fists clenching in anger. "Sesshoumaru! I've had enough of you walking on me like I'm dirt!" Inu Yasha attacked him; claws ready to rip skin again. Sesshoumaru dodged easily, a bored look once more upon his face.

"Your blows are wild brother," Sesshoumaru sighed. The whelp growled in annoyance.

"I'll kill you!" he screamed. Once more he tackled the older Youkai, his face contorted into a snarl.

"Heh! Your attacks are as infantile as ever."

"Damn you!"

"You can't lick him unarmed Lord! The fang!" pleaded Myoga, still upon his shoulder.

"Shut up!" ordered Inu Yasha still in the middle of another attack. Sesshoumaru chuckled deep in his chest so it went unheard. The fool. The complete fool. They both stopped the very moment another voice rang out, that of the forgotten girl.

"Inu Yasha! Get the stupid sword!" she snarled at him.

"Kagome..." he murmured. Sesshoumaru looked up to the girl, her blue eyes were blazing and her untamed beauty once again took him by surprise that a human could be so lovely.

"You're brother couldn't pull it out, right?" she put emphasis on the word 'right', as if she were speaking to a child. Inu Yasha nodded, barely. "Meaning if you do it easily, you'll totally crush his pride, right! You goanna pass that up?" Sesshoumaru barely smirked at her.

Smart girl, though she's helping the wrong side, Sesshoumaru changed his expression into that of a glare.

She was truly a brilliant human, realizing things that many humans would not. Her scent, mind, she herself varied from the despicable creatures and he wondered maybe if she were the reincarnate of a Youkai. Admittedly it could be true. She was so amazing. But still, her helping Inu Yasha would not go with impunity. Once he got his hands on her there'd be punishment for helping the half-breed, but in the mean time he had to keep his attention on Inu Yasha and the sword. Inu Yasha looked towards the Tetsusaiga, his eyes flickering his concentration. He smirked at Sesshoumaru coldly.

"What do you think, brother? Would that just eat your guys out?" he grinned.

"You will never succeed," Sesshoumaru stated it like a fact. He knew the half-breed couldn't pull it out; Inu Yasha was weak.

"Heh...all of a sudden, I think I want this blade!" Inu Yasha reached out and gripped the hilt of the Tetsusaiga, a grin plastering his determined face. No flames licked at his skin, but Sesshoumaru never doubted that the half-breed could never claim the Tetsusaiga. As smart as the girl was, and sure as Inu Yasha and the flea were, it was not meant to be. He watched from the side, amused. Jaken let out a cry of terror.

"Nay, nay, nay! It cannot be...that a spell what stopped Lord Sesshoumaru should let his mangy brother in!"

"I told you so!" cheered Myoga in delight. "The Tetsusaiga was meant just for Lord Inu Yasha!"

Inu Yasha grunted as he pulled and yanked at the sword, his teeth clenched together in resolve. Kagome smiled brightly and Sesshoumaru smirked, watching the Hanyou pull and yank at the unmoving sword. It went on for a few minutes. A few long, humorous minutes. Then Inu Yasha stopped. Dead silence was all that was heard. Kagome blinked, her gorgeous smile faltering as she sweat-dropped.

"Huh?" she whispered. Inu Yasha released the blade, staring straight ahead with a twitch in his right eye like before.

"Hey...Myoga..." he murmured.

"Whoops..." chuckled the flea, trying to put hilarity to this very embarrassing situation. Inu Yasha rounded on the Youkai, taking him between two fingers and squeezing.

"Well. I couldn't pull it out...could I?" he smiled.

"But...I don't understand it," choked Myoga. Sesshoumaru sighed, allowing the Hanyou to terrorize his retainer. He glanced towards Kagome who was staring at the fang in contemplation, her amazing starlight eyes confused. He smirked. She should've known. She was an intellectual girl, especially for a human. She was just too confident in the Hanyou. That confidence would have to be changed to a much stronger being. Sesshoumaru looked back towards Inu Yasha.

"Thank you for that amusing interlude," he was at him in a flash, crackling his claws as poisonous vapors began to surround his hand. "No half-breed will ever possess the Tetsusaiga-do you understand?" Inu Yasha let out a cry of surprise. The green fumes began to pour from his hand. "Now. Allow my poison talons to end this!" He clawed out at his half-brother, missing by an inch. The bones his talons came in contact with instead began to melt, torn away by the acid of his claws. He smirked. Kagome gasped from behind him. Inu Yasha bounded away from the sizzling bone, wincing as Sesshoumaru appeared before him again.

"You will not escape," he stated. He reached out, grasping Inu Yasha's chest with his free hand. He slammed the whelp into the pile of bones, readying his claws. The breath of his little brother was knocked out of him, his one amber eye widening in pain. He smirked at his brother, watching as terror filling into his eye. In the back of his mind he heard Jaken and Kagome fighting. He listened to their yelling for a moment, allowing his half-brother to think on his doomed fate.

"You little toad!" snarled Kagome, her voice ringing pure in true in his mind. Gods he loved her voice. He'd have her say his name over and over when he captured her.

"You little witch!" Kagome let out her own cry as she was thrown back into the pile of bones. Sesshoumaru remembered to punish Jaken for the act. She would be treated with respect; she was his. Kagome looked up, staring at Inu Yasha she cried out. She climbed to her feet, gripping the Tetsusaiga in her hand. Sesshoumaru sneered down at the Hanyou.

"Goodbye..." He threw his hand down towards the face of the half-breed.

"Inu Yasha!" screamed the girl, racing towards them...

And yanking the Tetsusaiga from the podium it sat upon.