InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Obsessions with a Seraph ❯ Enter the Grave ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

"Get what we're needing and get it now! Where lie the last remains O' this cur's and Lord Sesshoumaru's dear departed sire?" squawked the green Youkai. Inu Yasha tensed visibly and Kagome bit her lower lip, the feel of Sesshoumaru's thumb tracing it was still resting there too. She closed her eyes nervously. She wished the feeling would go away, she didn't want it there, and she didn't want to feel him. Color filled her cheeks. She shouldn't feel like this! It was wrong! He was the enemy, he was hurting Inu Yasha. Right. He was hurting her Inu Yasha...her? When did he belong to her?

Ah! Focus Kagome! Focus! She ordered herself.

If she didn't keep her mind in track she wouldn't be able to help Inu Yasha. He needed her help. She stood up slowly, her movements silent as she began to creep towards Jaken and the Nothing Woman. They didn't notice her for neither glanced up. At least, she hoped they didn't know she was there. Her heart was racing in her chest but her footsteps were light.

"Try to remember Inu Yasha. Where is your father's grave?" The Nothing Woman spoke.

"I don't know..." murmured Inu Yasha blearily.

"You can do better than that...show mother the inside of your soul!" The Nothing Woman drove her arms deeper into the knocked out Hanyou. Kagome felt her stomach turn in repulsion of the sight, but kept moving.

"The left black pearl..." the half-demon in whispered response.

" 'The left black pearl'? 'Tis a game he's playing! Get me more!" snarled Jaken. The Nothing Woman hesitated.

"Lord Jaken...if I probe any deeper the boy's soul will shatter," she whispered. It actually appeared the thought truly pained her. Kagome glared at the woman, but her eyes blazed with flames when she heard what the toad said next.

"Then shatter it!" Jaken snarled. "Or it'll be me facing Lord Sesshoumaru's cold wrath..." he would've gone on but at the instance Kagome slammed her foot down upon the obnoxious toad. He let out a cry as she kicked him, making him go flying like Myoga had done.

"You little worm!" she screeched. The horrid creature! Willing to actually destroy someone's soul so cruelly. He hadn't even cared what that could do. Kagome then rounded on the Nothing Woman. The faceless creature was still clutching the Hanyou, her, appearing to never let go. And Kagome highly doubted she actually would. In desperation she order. "Let Inu Yasha go!"

"No!" the creature moved away from her, clinging to the boy. Of course! How did she know? Kagome reached out, grabbing at the Hanyou's long silky hair.

She's sucking him further and further in, Kagome realized in terror her eyes widening a bit. She continued pulling. What should I do?

"Kagome!" cried a familiar voice Kagome thought she would never be happier to hear. She stood ready for instruction.

"Myoga! What is it?"

"You've got to awaken Lord Inu Yasha's soul!"

"Huh?" she blinked, expressing her confusion in a very un-lady like manner.

"That Mu'onna, 'The Nothing Woman'...she's made up of the vengeful mothers who lost their children to famine or war. If you wake a soul that's been caught by their spell the body should come free," Myoga instructed desperately.

"Wake up his soul...but how?" Kagome desperately reached for Inu Yasha again, her movements sloppier with panic now. Her mind was reeling and she didn't know what would happen if you shouldn't save Inu Yasha. What if Sesshoumaru came back? Her inside froze with terror. Right. What if he did come back?

"I am so happy-soon you'll be my little one again..." preened the woman sucking Inu Yasha into her.

I'm too late! Kagome screamed to herself.

She bit her lower lip again, terrified for the dog demon. Her eyes fell to the water once more. She needed to help Inu Yasha and herself. But how...how?

Oh!

Resting in the lake was the reflection of the nothing woman holding a more child like Inu Yasha. It was sweet looking almost. The child was chubby with adorable white hair and the cutest dog-ears she'd ever seen. The child Inu Yasha was sleeping, looking peaceful and tired. He clutched absently at the imposter mother. Maybe if she...

"I have to destroy the image!" Kagome cried.

"Good thinking!" snapped Myoga. Kagome reached out grabbing the staff that Jaken had conveniently dropped during her attack to him. She slammed it into the water, destroying the image. Water went everywhere, lapping at the ground like a hungry monster. She was a bit soaked afterwards, covered in a light mist of water that dampened her hair and made her clothes cling to her, but not as wet as Inu Yasha ended up being when he burst from the woman gasping and coughing. He scrambled from the water, leaping then sitting upon the ground. The water dribbled down his body, slowly drying in the cold air.

"Inu Yasha!" cried Kagome, kneeling beside him. "Are you all right?" He didn't respond to her question. Instead, he seemed to start talking to himself.

"It was...just a lie...all a lie..." he growled, his fists clenching.

"But all for the best, dear brother. Now I know where the grave lies," smirked a velvety voice. Sesshoumaru appeared next to him and Kagome suddenly, his hand shooting out and grasping his kin's neck with a squeeze. Kagome stepped back in shock. Sesshoumaru grinned thoughtfully. "I never imagined that it could be in such a place... can you imagine this Sesshoumaru being so blind?"

"Sesshoumaru..." choked out Inu Yasha, barely. He glared at his sibling, and if looks could kill Sesshoumaru would've curled up into a ball and died.

"Trust father to hide his grave in such an odd place. 'The left black pearl'...humph..." the Taiyoukai grinned coldly. "That must have taken a powerful bit of magic. He was determined to escape desecration, wasn't he?" Kagome stood not far from the two, trying to decide whether she should attack Sesshoumaru and help Inu Yasha or stay put. Myoga was all for staying put.

"What...kind of lunacy are you babbling?" spat Inu Yasha.

"Was the secret entrusted to you without your knowledge? Come along then." with that Sesshoumaru rammed two fingers right into Inu Yasha's left eye. Kagome let out a cry of terror. "We'll visit father's grave together!" Pulling the two fingers from Inu Yasha's eye quickly he stared thoughtfully at the black pearl in his grasp. Blood was strewn from the Hanyou's eyes, filthy blood that was half human. It disgusted him to ever touch it, but it would all pay off soon.

"Stop it!" cried Kagome. He smirked back at her, his golden gaze daring her to go on. Instead she kneeled beside the half-breed. A surge of jealousy and hatred ran through Sesshoumaru once more but he merely looked back to the pearl clasped in his hand. "It's not wonder I couldn't find it no matter how thoroughly I scoured the earth..." Sesshoumaru sighed, looking to Kagome more so out of the corner of his eye. "I had only one clue to the grave's where-about. 'A place one can see, yet cannot be seen...a place its own guardian can never look upon," his gaze never left that of the terrified Kagome's. Her blue eyes were wide, staring at him in horror and such beautiful awe. Her mouth hung open just a bit, a soft mouth he was sure. He was silent for a moment, taking in the beauty of her body, slightly wet. He cursed himself for lusting for her, but lust was a powerful thing. Emotions were fickle, but strong ones, that even Youkai felt, he did not play around with. He never would. And he lusted for this Kagome. He wanted her; he wanted her to be his and his alone. He didn't want her touching dirty half-breeds like Inu Yasha, or fawning over other Youkai or humans. Only him. He wanted her to see only him in her dreams, and to have only room in her heart for him. And any fool be damned if they though they could stop him. "It's so clear now. That this 'grave' is the black pearl that he conjured into your left eye Inu Yasha."

"That's the grave?" murmured Kagome.

"Huh...all this. For that pebble even. Giving that witch the form of my mother..." Inu Yasha spat angrily, glaring to the forgotten Nothing Woman. She lay upon the ground, as subtle and unnoticeable as possible. Inu Yasha leapt at his older brother suddenly, letting out a cry of anger as he clawed to him. "You wont get away with it!" he screamed. Sesshoumaru dodged easily. Cracking his knuckles he smirked.

"I am rather busy. If you wish to delay me I'll have to kill you," he grinned. Kagome inhaled sharply.

"No!" she stood. Right when Sesshoumaru drove his claw towards Inu Yasha and the ripping of skin was heard. Kagome let out a terrified cry and Sesshoumaru smirked. Then his eyes widened ever so slightly. The Nothing Woman fell to the ground, torn to pieces before Inu Yasha. Damn her. He could've killed the pest! It all could've been over with!

"What?" Kagome murmured. Inu Yasha stared down at her, his eyes showing obvious perplexity.

"The Nothing Woman..." Myoga spoke softly.

"She protected him?" the girl whose shoulder he rested upon blinked.

"She's a demon born of a mother's love for her lost child. If she sees Inu Yasha as a child in danger...what else can she do?" sighed the flea Youkai. Kagome's brows drew together in sadness. The poor thing. Maybe she'd tricked Inu Yasha at first but...she loved him in an odd way. Inu Yasha stared down at her, his eyes still shining with confusion.

"My...boy..." the Nothing Woman whispered. A foot crashed down onto her head, destroying what was left of her body. Kagome let out a yelp of shock, her fists clenching. She looked up at Sesshoumaru, anger flashing in his eyes for a moment before they returned neutral.

"Worthless fool," he spat. Kagome's blue-gray orbs flashed brightly with fire and she took a step towards him.

"You...you rotten...murdering!" she screaming at him. Sesshoumaru raised a brow at her, his golden eyes gleaming once more as he took the image she created not for the last time today. Some form of wildness about her gave her that beautiful likeness of an untamed creature and an inferno seemed to shine within her being. Her fists clenched in anger and he knew she was imagining his neck in their grasp. She was elegant and dazzling, though even those words were too weak for her description. And though she was nothing more than a woman child she was his woman child. A feral, priceless, pet of his that was also docile and meek, were that combination possible. She was brave when she glared him straight in the eye. No one had dared to do that to him except his fool of a brother. And still she was modest in a way, frightened and unsure of the world. She was a mystery all herself.

"No! Stop! Whoa!" cried Myoga from her shoulder. "Don't antagonize him! I'll get killed too!" Kagome rounded on the flea.

"Listen coward!" she yelled. Sesshoumaru's tail twitched as he listened to her yell at the creature. A shuffling behind him caused his body to tense and he glanced at Inu Yasha who still stared dumbfounded at the now destroyed Nothing Woman. Jaken let out a cry of delight from behind him and he picked up the staff Kagome had discarded herself when destroying the Nothing Woman's spell. She was truly an intelligent girl.

"Clever lad that I am, me lord, I've found the head-staff again!" chirped the annoying Youkai. Sesshoumaru sighed, glancing back at him.

"Next time...you'll lose your own head with it," he threatened. He looked down at the pearl in his hand still. A grin touched his lips. "Mmm. How long have I awaited this moment..." he purred. He allowed the black pearl to drop, the sound of it hitting the ground seeming to thunder in his ears. Taking the staff from Jaken he raised it high into the air slamming the bottom back down onto the pearl. An uneasy tenseness passed through everyone there as suddenly the man on the staff began to cackle, his insane laughter ringing in all their ears. Kagome's eyes widened.

"The old man's laughing, that means the seal's a-crackin'!" cried Jaken not far from him. Sesshoumaru tightened his grip as the portal began to open, the toad Youkai grasping the silk of his pants. Kagome let out another cry of surprise and Sesshoumaru contemplated taking her with him instead of just returning to capture her. He looked at her, seeing her frozen and staring at the black light that was forming before him. He then returned his eyes to the portal.

"Ah..." he sighed, his eyes narrowing and his mouth turning up in a leering smile. Sparing a final glance at his Kagome he quickly he leapt into the portal, traveling after the sword. First the sword, then Kagome.

Kagome growled, staring at the disappearing portal.

Where? She thought mentally. Where did he go?

"Lord Inu Yasha! Bound after them before the gateway shuts!" cried the flea demon.

"Sesshoumaru's going to take your Lord Father's treasure all for himself!" Inu Yasha growled, his muscles tensing in annoyance.

"You think I care about some treasure?" he spat

"B-but Lord...such a waste!" pouted Myoga.

"Shut up! Did I say I wasn't going after them?" snarled the dog demon. He looked down to the Nothing Woman, anger and pain filling into his eyes. "Sesshoumaru...you're going to die!" He stared for the portal at a run, anger blazing in his eyes like a burnable fire. He glanced behind him. "Kagome! It's too dangerous so you'll stay..."

"What are you waiting for?" snapped a musical voice in front of him. Inu Yasha blinked and looked at the portal. Kagome already had one foot it, waiting patiently for the Hanyou. Her hair snapped about her feature and never before had Inu Yasha seen her so mad.

"Huh?" his right eye twitched. Kagome leaped into the portal and he let out a cry racing after her. "Idiot! Sesshoumaru's in there!"

"Well, then if I'm goanna pound him, I better be there too!" she retorted. Inu Yasha stared after the girl, his image hiding his emotions.