InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ chapter nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Once Upon a Cell Phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: . . . Kagome brings her Cell Phone to the past and it works. A lot of crying and laughing and stuff in between Kagome and Miroku finally getting together.
 
Rating: Mature. If you need to ask why, read the last chapter.
 
Etc: Kagome: . . . I. . . can't move!
 
Miroku: (chuckle) yup, I'm that good.
 
Anonymous Fangirl: (sigh) I wish I was Kagome right now. . .
 
Miroku: You could be. . . (lecherous grin)
 
Anonymous Fangirl: None of that! You're in love with Kagome!
 
Miroku: Only in the story. . .
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Yeah, but if I had anything to do with it, it would be in real life too. . .
 
Kagome: Seeing as that's not the case, and we are finally together, can I kill him now?
 
Anonymous Fangirl: I suppose. . . but when the Miroku fangirl's ask me what happened, I'm butting out.
 
Kagome: Fair enough (reeves up chainsaw.)
 
Miroku: (runs)
 
Kagome: Get back here, you lecher!
 
Anonymous Fangirl: . . . (sweatdrop) read and review. . . Kagome! Don't hurt him too badly!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Nineteen
 
 
 
Miroku knew he had to be a masochist to let her lie asleep in his arms, arms that were still healing from the brutal battle with Naraku. He could feel his muscles quivering in protest, but he refused to let her go. If he tried to move her, she would wake up and might not touch him, and that simply wasn't an option.
 
As if the thought of her waking up had disturbed her, Kagome began to wake up slowly, stretching each new muscle she had excercised for the first time the night before with a groan.
 
“ 'Morning.” Miroku whispered next to her ear, kissing it softly.
 
“ `Morning to you too, you insatible beast. You made good on your promise of making me not be able to get up in the morning. I'm all aore and won't be able to walk for a week and you'll have to feed me the whole time.” Kagome said, pressing small kisses against his chin.
 
“Did it ever occur to you to ask me to stop?” Miroku asked, unaware that the husky, breathless voice he had heard had been his own. It was almost surprising as realizing the self-assured seductive one he heard next ahd been Kagome's.
 
“Did it ever occur to you that I didn't want you to stop?” Kagome asked, pressing her hip in to the crevice of his hips with one purpose in mind. She trailed one finger lazily up his chest, leaving an ache he had never felt before where it touched that turned in to a fire that she seemed to be setting on something he hadn't been aware he had.
 
She was setting fire on his very soul.
 
“Kagome. . . marry me.” Miroku asked suddenly surprising even himself. He had been plannign on asking her, but he was going to have everything perfect. A ring, a dinner, moonlight and candles. Not in his room, half lite by the morning light and dishelved from hours of love making.
 
“What?” Kagome asked, stopping her administrations on his chin.
 
Miroku shrugged. Might as well go all the way. . . “You are a goddess and if you don't marry me then I think I will have to kill every man who comes within a hundred feet of you. Starting with Suuhai. And I kinda don't want to kill my best friend, but if you don't have a rock on your finger, he'll consider you fair game, and considering some of the crap I've pulled on some of his girlfriends, I'll bet he has just been planning for when I went exclusive. So you can see where this can pose a problem.”
 
Kagome blinked. “So. . . you want to marry so Suuhai doesn't try to seduce me?”
 
Miroku shook his head. “No! I mean, I don't want anyone but me to have you, and I want to have a house and a family with you, and I don't really care what century we're in, so you can choose. Damn, I'm making a mess of this.” Miroku said, slipping of the bed clad in nothing.
 
Miroku reached in to his side table draw and pulled out a thin silver ring that had been a birthday gift a few years ago that hadn't fit.
 
Kagome sat up, pulling the blanket around herself to cover up as Miroku dropped to one knee before her.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, I love you and would do anything to make you happy. I promise that you will never want for anything if you will you grant me the esteemed honor of being your husband.” Miroku said, all emotion gone from his face.
 
Kagome blinked. Marry? She was still sixteen! But. . .
 
“Say it again.”
 
Miroku blinked twice. “Say it again?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Say it again.”
 
“Okay. . . Kagome Higurashi, I love you. Will you marry me?” Miroku said, fear of denial etching in to his eyes.
 
Kagome smiled. “Once more.”
“Kagome Higurashi, I love you. Will you. . .” Miroku was stopped short by Kagome, who lunged herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and bringing them both to the floor.
 
“I love you too and yes! Absa - friggin - lootly yes I will marry you!” Kagome screamed on a laugh as she tried the ring on. Dropping her hand, she laughed when it fell off with a dull clunk.
 
Miroku grinned. “I was planning on asking you mre formally, but this was all I could manage when I surprise myself.” Miroku said as he picked up the ring. “I'll buy you a new one, with a rock the size of your fist.”
 
Kagome grabbed the plain silver band from him. “No! This is my ring! You'll just have to use that big pile of money to reshape this one because it's mine!”
Miroku smiled as he lifted her in to the air, ignoring his protesting muscles. “Ahh, Kagome! What about when people want to see the size of the jewel in it?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “I'll just tell them the story that lead up to the engagment. Nobody can beat ours!”
 
Miroku smiled. “And I know how our story is going to end.” Miroku said, tapping her nose.
 
Kagome smiled as she touched her forehead to his. “And how is that?”
 
“Need you ask?” Miroku said as he swung her in a full circle, kissing away any memory of anything else.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seven Months later. . .
 
 
 
Sango sighed as she sweeped the porch of her hut. After Miroku had slain Naraku, there had been little demon activity. Aside from Shippo, she had only seen a few of them at all, really.
 
Sango sat down on a pile of wood with a sigh. She wished something would happen, something that would require her skills as a demons slayer, but with Naraku dead and the Shikon jewel's disapperance, every thing seemed back to the way it was fifty years ago. Calm, peaceful.
 
Sango smiled. Did anyone actually believe that jewel would disappear? She shook her head as she went around back.
 
“Need a hand?” She asked a black haired man with his back to her.
 
The man turned around and wiped the sweat from his brow with a rag in hand. “Don't be a fool, Sango. You're pregnant, and I won't have anything happen to our babies.” A human Inuyasha told her as he ushered her back in to the house.
 
Sango smiled. “Do you think that they will be little quarters, with doggie ears like you used to have?”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “Probably not. I had already wished myself human when I knocked you up. . .”
 
Sango punched him lightly. “Yeah, but we were married five months ago! I'm six months along, which has to say something about your self control!” Sango yelled at him.
 
Inuyasha grinned. “You couldn't keep your hands off of me.”
 
“The only reason they were on you was because they were trying to keep your greedy paws off of me!” Sango said, yelping suddenly and gripping at her stomach.
 
“What?! What is it!?! Should I go get Kaede? Are you going in to labor? Are is the baby okay!?” Inuyasha said, running her to the couch, then runnign to the door, then to her side at the couch again.
 
Sango moaned. “You moron. . . I'm only six months preganant! It's just that I think that the babies aren't too happy at you for yelling at mommy!”
 
Inuyasha froze. “Babies? As in. . . plural?
 
Sango glared at Inuyasha. “Unless our kid has four feet, we're gonna have twins!”
 
Inuyasha touched her stomach, only to be kicked off by three tiny little feet. A wide grin split on Inuyasha's face. “I'm gonna have two babies?”
 
Sango glared. “You gave me two babies? Uh man, I really wish you had to deliver tham instead of me!” Sango said, but was smiling none the less.
 
“Hang on. . . I've gotta call Miroku and Kagome! They'll flip!” Inuyasha said as he ran in to the bedroom, fully stocked with items from the future, including a universal adaptor. Inuyasha pulled the cell phone out of it chager, which connnected to the adaptor.
 
He flipped it open and walked out in to the living room, but frowned when he got the answering machine.
 
“Hey, Kagome, Miroku! It's me! Sango's having twins! Call me back when you get this message. Bye.” Inuyasha said before he flipped it shut.
 
Sango smiled from her place on the couch. “Well, you certainly have mastered the cell phone!”
 
Inuyasha grinned. “That's not all! Watch and be amazed as I make hot chocolate in a microwave!
 
Sango smiled and clapped her hands. “My hero!” She said with a smile as she stroked her stomach lightly.
 
 
 
And they all lived happily ever after. . .
 
Even when Suuhai tried to get Kagome to call off the engagement.