InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pack Law ❯ Submit ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Pack Law
 
A/N: LIME WARNING. This chapter contains sexual situations (of a sort…). There is no clean version of this chapter. Consider yourself warned.
 
Chapter 17: Submit
 
Sesshomaru shifted in his seat, trying in vain to focus on the papers in front of him. He hadn't felt this discomfited in eras, really. Tomomi felt it as well; he could feel her restlessness through their bond. Even with the little miko gone visiting her family, - `I did not approve of such a trip, little brother.' - her aura blanketed the compound. The only one with youkai blood running through their veins not affected by the undeniable power held it held within was his brother; he was, Sesshomaru supposed, used to the almost intoxicating effects of the power that seemed to flow from her very pores. `Used to it, or addicted to it, one would think.'
 
He sighed… with as much regret as a Lord unused to regretting things could muster. `To think I once believed her only power lay in the Shikon shards she wore around her neck when we first met.' He remembered the way she boldly stood up to him in his father's grave, shouting encouragements to InuYasha and insults at Jaken when the imp made disparaging comments. `I should have known then she'd be trouble. She awakened InuYasha's protective instincts as the undead miko never could.'
 
The Inu no Taisho gave up his reading with a sigh. The years had finally taught him to analyze deeper than a situation - he'd grown to analyze people, as well. Experience had taught him the answers he would routinely seek lay in people, not events. He could not accept things at face value. He had underestimated his beta before, and his arm took nearly a century to grow back. Sesshomaru set to solving his current problem with his natural straightforwardness. My baka brother and his damned wench…'
 
When InuYasha had shown up in the West that fateful day centuries ago, his rag-tag pack behind him but none of the miko's undoubtable strength hanging in the air protectively, like an afterthought, as though she really didn't know what she was doing or how she was doing it… he'd found it difficult to deal with his new beta. The young human woman Sesshomaru knew would one day be his brother's mate had generally acted as his voice of reason; now she was missing, and though InuYasha outwardly shrugged off all comments of pity, Sesshomaru could see the mental toll her absence weighed upon him. The hanyou was relatively young, brash, brimming with emotional energy Sesshomaru had neither the desire nor the time to focus on.
 
It'd been easier to attack, to watch his brother try and defend, knowing in his ever-hardening heart that his denials were futile. I was trying to protect her, damn it! I didn't want to push her away! Sesshomaru had wondered aloud many times in his younger brother's presence just what had tipped the scales against his brother… what could have kept the miko from tagging along at InuYasha's side through anything and everything?
 
`Only he himself.' Sesshomaru bit back an undignified snort. There was a certain poetic quality to his brother denying himself access to the one stable area of his life for so many years. Nonetheless, though the inu youkai had once wished for his “worthless” brother's death so many centuries ago, now he truly found himself wishing for his happiness. `When did my feelings for him change so?'
 
Slender fingers curled around his shoulder in an attempt to soothe away the stress that had begun to build. Sesshomaru allowed himself a deep breath, his mate's earthy fragrance wrapping around him. “Her presence here tugs at a part of me I thought lay dormant years ago,” she admitted to him softly.
 
A soft knock alerted Sesshomaru to the guest he'd sent for. A moment later, his brother's human beta presented himself before the Taisho, tilting his head to expose his neck with a murmured, “Inu no Taisho…”
 
“Be seated,” Sesshomaru would not stand on formalities in his own home, not with members of his brother's pack and the father of his son's beta. “Tell me… What do you know of the miko's powers?”
 
Miroku lowered his head thoughtfully. “Her aura is pervasive, isn't it? I believe her spiritual powers, already incredibly vast, are heightened by the Shikon shard she wears around her neck. She must keep it with her, to keep it pure and prevent Naraku from tainting it…”
 
“The miko must learn control.”
 
Miroku nodded his agreement, “She has much to learn. InuYasha did not discuss Pack Law with her at all in the Sengoku Jidai, believing he had more time to breach that particular topic. Hitomu has already begun teaching her, but she'll need more in-depth lessons if she is to become an alpha female.”
 
Tomomi raised her head to catch Miroku's eye, “She will also be my beta. Sango has performed admirably thus far, but the position will go to the mate of my mate's beta when it is official.”
 
Miroku's eyes sparkled. `Sango will be pleased. She was never comfortable with all the pomp and ceremony surrounding the Taisho Council.' “My daughter is on her way back here, to prepare should the worst happen. We have no idea how the kazaana will affect my first-born daughter; the curse applied to heirs, but women were not considered legitimate heirs in that time period…” The monk-turned-doctor realized his was rambling and bit his tongue.
 
“The miko must first be trained in Pack Law. If she is to become alpha, the Pack she will lead cannot provide her instruction - the Taisho Council will look down upon her being educated by those who will ultimately be below her.”
 
Miroku agreed. “There is also the problem of her age. As InuYasha did not approach her in the Sengoku Jidai, she was not given the opportunity to see the years with us. I expect the Council would be shocked to hear of a girl her age being inducted into one of the most respected Packs.”
 
Sesshomaru lifted his head in thought. “Her age?”
 
“She'll be sixteen next month.”
 
The Taisho refrained from sighing or exclaiming over his brother's many inadequacies. Pack Law insisted humans, even those born into Pack families, not be formally brought into the Packs until they reached twenty years of age; the time allowed them to mature physically and mentally before the talismans slowed and eventually sealed their growth.
 
His eyes narrowed to catch the nuances of Miroku's reaction to his next comment, “I am making arrangements to send her to train with another canine pack. The similarities in Pack Law should be adequate. I am sending her to a place where Naraku should not be able to reach her... and this pack will have only her best interests in mind.”
 
Miroku's own eyes widened as he understood just where - and to whom - Sesshomaru was sending the young girl.
 
**********
 
InuYasha shut the door, checking the locks. He tilted his head back with a sigh, staring through the glass at the full moon slowly being overtaken by dark thunderclouds. Why did it feel like all the bad shit was just starting now?
 
`Well, let's see. Your wench's mother almost tore her away… you had to admit you needed her to dodge that particular bullet, so I guess you could say you were still nicked by it. Naraku is back and probably knows where you are, which means he knows where the pack is, too. They're in danger and there's little to nothing you can do about it without seriously pissing Sesshomaru off, if not the rest of the Taisho Council. Anything else?' InuYasha's human side listed with a long-suffering sigh. The hanyou could hardly hear the voice over the rush of blood in his ears - a side effect of his youkai blood gaining power with the moon.
 
He groaned mentally. `Damn it. The full moon always made it so difficult to be around Kagome before…' He doubted her draw had lessened at all in the long centuries since he'd last been around her… and by confining her to the den, he'd all but sentenced himself to a night of hell.
 
InuYasha's ears perked up, tilting toward the common room where Kagome was arranging a blanket on the couch.
 
`Not again. No wench of mine is sleeping where any guy,' the lecher's son came to mind, `can wander in and stare at her.' For the first time in years, he cursed his youkai blood, boiling just under his skin as he drew even with the doorway, staring at her form backlit by the light of the moon.
 
`MINE!' He snarled mentally at thoughts of any other male near her. He rumbled low in his throat as forbidden images, thoughts he'd only dreamed of, suddenly crashed into him with renewed force.
 
InuYasha swallowed. `No… not now…'
 
`MINE! My mate… touch mate… taste mate…' His youkai was insistent, growling in his ears and sending his blood searing through his veins with a vigor that astonished him as it aroused him. He sunk his claws into his palms with a vengeance, preventing himself from reaching out and grabbing her. InuYasha bit off a choked snarl.
 
Not quickly enough.
 
Kagome's head shot up at the unfamiliar sound, feeling InuYasha's violent mood from across the room. The alien attitude where she was concerned frightened her, sent her heart racing as she gazed into amber eyes made darker by an emotion she couldn't quite place.
 
“InuYasha? Are you… a-alright?” She cursed herself for stuttering, for stumbling over her words and sounding anything less than completely confident in herself and her hanyou. The hesitation, the staccato of her heartbeat and the tiniest spike of fear in her scent thrilled his blood beast, tempted and taunted him in ways he thought he'd left in the Sengoku Jidai, with his hopes and dreams of the future.
 
His future was here, now, standing in front of him, slowly closing the gap between them as concern overrode caution.
 
`Stupid wench. She trusts too much…' And suddenly his ability to think was stilled as she placed her hands on him… one on his chest, one on his shoulder; she gazed into his eyes, trying to judge just what emotions were overwhelming him, and why he'd be dealing with them now. Kagome worried her bottom lip, nibbling on it as deepest blue met gold.
 
InuYasha's resolve shattered. With a groan inaudible to the wench's ears, he dropped his lips to hers. He gripped her arms as he had so many ages ago in Kaguya's Dream Castle, his fingers relaxed as she melted into him.
 
`How can he bring me undone like this?' She knew this hanyou angered her. He confused her, he bossed her around as if he ruled her life… he needed her, wanted her, maybe even loved her. Need warred with reason, want battled with a nervousness borne of inexperience. InuYasha's lips, pliant but demanding, tore down her walls, pulled her to give in to him. He groaned into her mouth - a strangled growl, muffled, letting her know that she wasn't the only one fighting for control.
 
Suddenly she was in his arms… they were moving, InuYasha knew the way without opening his eyes, staring at her, judging her reaction, peppering her with mind-numbing kisses and whispering things she was sure had meaning if she could just remember her native tongue…
 
Nothing mattered but the feel of his arms around her, his hand moving feather-soft across her body, his lips following in short order. In what seemed like no time, he laid her out on a massive, soft bed, slicing through the buttons holding her shirt closed, never removing his lips from hers. She gasped at the cool air hitting her skin; he took advantage and deepened the kiss, instinctively wanting to imprint as much of him onto her, into her as possible.
 
For her, it'd only been a week without caresses, without kisses and whispers of love. A week filled with frustration, pain, confusion… a week filled with and not filled with him.
 
For him, it'd been years, centuries, ages since he'd tasted her, touched her, listened to her responses. Years of agony, loneliness, believed betrayal… centuries completely without her.
 
InuYasha held himself above her with his forearm, his left hand cupping her head, tilting her to run his mouth along her cheekbones down to her earlobes. He nibbled the bottom of her ear lightly, scraping his fangs down her throat. As she tilted her head away, a wicked idea overtook him, sending a smirk to his face that would have had Kagome writhing with concern if her eyes had been open to see it.
 
“The pups say they were teaching you Pack Law earlier,” InuYasha's voice was husky with lust, a tremor giving away the tight grasp he held on his need. Voiceless, Kagome nodded, eyes opening, seeking his in the darkness of the room. They seemed to be back-lit, sparkling faintly, an anchor for her sanity in the night.
 
He trailed his claws up the side of her body, taking the time to memorize the almost inaudible cries as she twitched. He lowered his head again, lips moving against her ear, “There are more lessons you need to learn… Listen…”
 
InuYasha dragged his hand up to lightly cup her chin. He rubbed his thumb over her swollen lips, grinning a feral smile. He lowered his mouth to her throat, licking her pulse point, grazing his fangs against the skin lightly. As he did so, he lifted her chin, forcing her submission.
 
“Submit to me… a good bitch submits to her alpha… and good bitches get rewards…” The undisguised need gave his voice a gravelly tone. Kagome's eyes widened as he continued, “Submit to me by baring your throat… By making yourself vulnerable… opening yourself up to anything I want to do with you…” He clamped his mouth on the sensitive flesh of her neck, running the tip of his tongue in a circle, reveling in the salty taste of the sweat on her skin. In response to the sensations, she tilted her head back further.
 
InuYasha lowered his hand to a breast. With his clawed thumb, he sliced through the strap between the cups of her bra, freeing her from the restricting garment. Following the cloth, his passed his hand over her once, twice before grasping her and rolling his calloused thumb over one rosy peak, tweaking and rubbing until it hardened under his touch. He rumbled with masculine pride as she gasped, as she arched her back… then gently bit down on her throat as she groaned. She stiffened at his discipline, whimpering a little.
 
“Shhh…” It was difficult to hush her with his mouth on her neck. InuYasha lifted his head reluctantly. He moved his hand up to grasp the back of it, pinching lightly, scruffing her though a more rational part of his mind knew she wouldn't understand the action. To his surprise, she shivered at the contact but quieted.
 
As though to speak with her actions, rather than words, Kagome moved into him, grasping at him, needing him closer. The scent of her arousal filled the room, ripping a growl from InuYasha's throat. The sound, rather than frightening her, rumbled through her, heightening her arousal and sending a shudder through her body. Her sensuous movements were unwinding him, chipping away at the already tenuous hold on his self-control.
 
“Ka- Kagome…” A very small part of his brain was still working; grounding him, reminding him that he could not mate her, not yet… this was for her, damn it. He didn't plan on being sated that night… but his pride as a male would be! InuYasha had been cruel, had been domineering, had been confused and was never one for words… `Actions… it's what I do that matters tonight…'
 
Had InuYasha been thinking clearly, he'd recall that it was not talking that eventually lead to the situation he found himself in before. Had InuYasha not been so wholly focused on the young woman writhing in front of him, he might have even heard the low voice of his human heart, crying out to `stop until you're a little more in control…'
 
All he heard was `…control…' Yes… he controlled this… he would control her…
 
InuYasha moved himself lower on her body, certain he'd gotten the message across. Just seconds away from tasting her…
 
A knock resounded through the room, echoing off the walls. A growl ripped savagely from InuYasha's throat as he turned red-flecked eyes to the door. Kagome gasped; at the sound, he moved up, grabbing the comforter and pulling it over her with one last, searing kiss.
 
She stared, eyes wide, gasping soundlessly again as she tried to regain her breath as the irate hanyou stalked to the door. He wrenched it open with another growl, cursing mentally all the while. The scent of Kagome's arousal lingered, flooded his senses, until he could not place the fool who dared to intrude upon this most private of times.
 
“What?” `Kill the lech's pup…'
 
Hitomu leaned back, away from the dangerous swirl of inu youki in the air. He tried to swallow past the lump in his throat. `Kami, I'm gonna die…'
 
The teen cleared his throat, attempting to project Calm into his aura as he tried to relay his message. “A-Alpha,” he bared his neck as widely as possible, hoping the show of submission might pacify the enraged hanyou. “Father… father s-says… the Inu no Ta-Taisho…” he gulped as InuYasha's eyes flared red again, jagged purple markings beginning to shadow across his cheeks, “Wishes to see you…”
 
InuYasha snarled. `Fucking brother. It's the middle of the kami-forsaken night, what could he possibly need now?'
 
Still trembling a bit, Hitomu gasped out, “It's about Ka-Kagome…” The teen wondered if he'd be overstepping his boundaries by insisting InuYasha go then. An angry youkai or hanyou had never really followed the phrase “don't kill the messenger.”
 
InuYasha turned to where the girl was curled up on his bed. Focusing his ears on her, he noticed her breathing was calming, slowing with her heartbeat. Her miko's aura was keeping her on edge, battling with the flow of youki in the air. If he could not have her tonight, nobody could… he wanted her to rest. Knowing she couldn't do so until he calmed himself, InuYasha swallowed, turning back to the insolent pup who dared to interrupt him.
 
“Go back to the bastards. I'll be there as soon as Kagome is prepared for the night.” No matter how much his inner youkai whined at being drawn away from the woman he wanted, InuYasha could not ignore a summons from his Alpha.
 
Closing the door again, InuYasha stalked back to the bed, bending over Kagome and taking a moment to bury his nose in her hair. Her sweet scent, though still tinged with arousal, helped to soothe his grated nerves. Kagome shook slightly, overwhelmed by his youki and the emotions still coursing through her. It had been a trying day.
 
InuYasha gathered her closer to him, thrumming a low growl to her, urging her to sleep. “You'll stay here tonight, wench.” His voice was still gruff, allowing no argument. She couldn't have found the energy to fight him, anyway… and the bed was so soft… it smelled like him…
 
Giving in to her overpowering need to sleep, Kagome relaxed to the feeling of InuYasha surrounding her, confident for the first time in a long while of his love for and need of her.
 
**********
 
“Fuck no!” InuYasha stood as though he'd sat on a burning stove, leaping out of his seat and toward his alpha with an angry growl. `They fucking dragged me away to tell me they're sending her away? To hell with this shit!'
 
Miroku lifted his hand to pacify his friend, saw the murderous intent in his amber eyes and closed his mouth without uttering a word.
 
“She's MY fucking pack. Mine! You have no right to make this decision, especially without discussing it with me first!” InuYasha's blood was boiling again, palms on the desk, lengthening claws digging into the wood with a loud crack. “How dare you decide this without me, you fucking bastard?!”
 
Sesshomaru lifted his head, meeting his brother's narrowed eyes with a calm gaze of his own. “I am your alpha. I am your Taisho. I have the final say in all inu pack decisions.”
 
Miroku grimaced as more wood snapped under InuYasha's fury. `I'll have to remember to get another desk out of storage… why don't we buy metal ones? These angry youkai just use the wooden ones as scratching posts…' He was pulled out of his late-night musings by InuYasha snapping his name.
 
“You knew about this, didn't you?”
 
Miroku held his hands up in supplication, meeting InuYasha's furious gaze to show he wasn't hiding a thing. “Calm yourself, InuYasha. The Inu no Taisho made this decision before I was called in. I was just informed of it myself.”
 
InuYasha whipped back around to his brother. “I won't have this. You're not sending her to Kouga.”
 
“InuYasha, surely you wish to take this young miko as your mate.” Sesshomaru's words flowed over his beta with easing tranquility, halting InuYasha's angry outburst.
 
“Keh.” After a few moments of silence, as though the others in the room were actually waiting on his acknowledgement, InuYasha spun again, facing neither male in the room. Thin-lipped, InuYasha nodded curtly.
 
“You must know she is not of age.” The hanyou dug his claws into his palms, biting the inside of his cheek. `Fucking human laws. Fucking edicts. Kami-forsaken Taisho Council can shove their rules up their asses…' Angrily, unable to do anything else, he nodded curtly again.
 
Miroku picked up where Sesshomaru had left off. “She must be trained in Pack Law, and you know the Council will not accept her being trained by the very pack she'll be expected to lead.”
 
The image of Kagome bending her head back under his ministrations, the sound of her gasp as he forced her to submit… cheeks reddening, InuYasha forced his thoughts to something less pleasant. Like Kagome being shuttled halfway around the world to train under one of the few youkai he'd rather gut than allow to enjoy her presence. That he was no longer a threat, that the ookami youkai had been mated for centuries and had a burgeoning tribe of his own meant nothing to his seething anger. Kouga had yearned for Kagome years ago, and his bastard brother dared think he'd let her wander into unknown territory alone?
 
Seemingly reading his mind, Miroku spoke up again. “She won't be going alone, InuYasha.” The hanyou briefly wondered at his beta's ability to know what was on his mind. However, after centuries of friendship and service, he knew it shouldn't come as a surprise. “Hitomu, Sarah and Tsukiyoshi will be headed to the States with them.”
 
The inu pup and kitsune hanyou he could handle, but InuYasha was not impressed to be sending her so far away with the lecher's pup. The image of her pressed against Hitomu, lips smashed to one another's seared through his mind again. “She won't be safe. Naraku is after her.”
 
Sesshomaru would listen to no argument. “Kouga and his tribe will keep her safe. My son, too, as well as your beta's and the kitsune hanyou will keep watch over her as well. Do you not trust our allies in the West?”
 
“She won't agree to it. Her family is lying injured in the hospital. The pups have school. You think you can just tear them from all that?”
 
Miroku stifled a chuckled. “Tear them from school? Isn't that what you did to Kagome all last year?” InuYasha barely bit back a growl. “We've already run it past the teens. They've agreed. Lord Sesshomaru will take the time to deal with the school and have them home-schooled for the next month or so.”
 
“Feh. And her family?”
 
“I will keep an eye on them. Kagome can speak to them over the phone as much as she wishes. Perhaps while she's there, she will gain in power. With the added incentive of being trained to protect her family, I'm sure she will go willingly.” Miroku sounded like he had it all figured out. It galled InuYasha to think of his wench so far from home…
 
But he couldn't go against his alpha's wishes.
 
It didn't mean he couldn't plot a plan of his own, though…
 
A/N:
 
(New a/n added 8/13/08: to those of you who have me or this story favorited, I apologize for all the update notices. I'm coming off a major dry spell writing-wise (well, fanfiction writing-wise) due to health and job issues, and am easing myself in with a few tweaks here and there. I promise, there WILL be new stuff shortly!)
 
For those interested - I took two third places for the Feudal Association Awards! I placed in Best Drama and in Best Characterization: InuYasha. I'm honored to have placed so well, especially with the amazing talent I was up against! Thank you to anybody and everybody who voted for me. :)
 
And of course, A “Thank you” to everybody who's reviewed so far. Specifically -
Phalon, wbk (I like throwing little manga homages into my stories… there are some really amazing lines Rumiko Takahashi came up with), kokoronagomu, CatLover260, Hentai Strumpet (Did you have any specific questions about his behavior so far? I'm more than willing to discuss it more in detail… there are a few holes, I know, but those are for filling in later, hehe), angel-up-above-heaven, Sovereignty, rhmarie (*giggles* See, a little bit of what you wrote is happening! Kagome's getting out and about, so she can do a bit of growing up. I agree - she needs it!), S (eventually, yup, this is meant to be an Inu/Kag pairing… but they've always had their troubles, haven't they?)
 
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or any other characters from the anime/manga. They all belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
I do, however, own the original characters in this story. Please don't steal them! (I may let you borrow them if you ask politely.)