InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ Final Battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
“Don't let up! I can sense him weakening!” Inuyasha yelled as Kagome's arrows, Miroku's scrolls, Sango's boomerang, and his own windscar tore at Naraku.
Suddenly, one of the windscars hit its mark. Naraku's poisoned blood spilled onto the ground where he stood, and fell.
“It's finally over…” Kagome said, panting form the battle.
“We….we did it!!!” Sango yelled as she hugged Miroku tight, then let go and smacked him. “What did I do?” Miroku asked, for once he hadn't groped her. “Sorry! Sorry! I guess I got used to slapping you too much!” Sango apologized. “It's my fault.” He said, looking down. No one was prepared for what happened next. “Kagome!” Inuyasha screamed as he got in front of Kagome, holding her as arrows struck his back, instead of Kagome. “Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed as she saw his blood drip. “Kagome…” “Yes Inuyasha?” “I'm sorry for everything I've said to you before.”
Another arrow struck.
“Don't worry about it Inuyasha.”
“No. I have to say this now.”
A third arrow.
“Kagome, I love you. I'm sorry I won't be able to be with you anymore.”
A fourth, followed by a fifth.
“Wind tunnel!” Miroku aimed at the smiling body of Naraku, who had poisoned the arrows shot at him by Kagome. “Suffer Inuyasha.” Were his final words as he was absorbed into Miroku's wind tunnel, never to be seen again.
Inuyasha fell, forward and Kagome moved away.
“Inuyasha? Inuyasha!!” She screamed as she saw his body go limp.
“Kagome…he's dead…” Miroku said as he noticed the poisoned arrows in his back.
“Well do something! You're supposed to be a healer!”
“The best healer on the planet couldn't get rid of Naraku's poison.”
“You mean we can't do anything?! Inuyasha's really…” Kagome started crying as she removed the arrows on Inuyasha's back. “Kagome…” Miroku and Sango watched her, knowing they couldn't stop her. She flipped him over and used her miko healing powers. Again.
Again.
Again.
“Inuyasha! Don't leave me! Please! I love you too!!” Kagome screamed as she collapsed onto Inuyasha's fallen body.
Inuyasha's eyes fluttered open. “Kagome…”
“Inuyasha! You're okay!”
“No…I'm not. I'm don't have much time left.”
“What do you mean Inuyasha?”
“I'm dying Kagome…”
“No! You have to live!!”
“Kagome…I love you. Live your life…Be happy Kagome.”
“I can't be happy without you Inuyasha! I love you!”
“Kagome! Forget about me! Go now…just be happy Kagome.”
Those were Inuyasha's final words, as he went limp again, in Kagome's arms.
“Wait. There is a way, but it has risks, Kagome follow me!” Miroku said as he took Kagome's arm and lead her to Naraku's body. “What do you mean Miroku?” “It's gotta be here some—Here!” he pulled out the full sacred shikon jewel. “It's supposed to grant one wish right?” Miroku said as he tossed the jewel to Kagome. “Why did you say there were risks?” “Because before you were only able to go through time because you had the shards. That's when it hit Kagome, she might have to choose between Inuyasha, and going home.