InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ Surprise Kagome! ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Good Morning Kagome.” Inuyasha said as he saw his love's eyes flutter open. “Good morning Inuyasha.” She smiled at how warm she was. “Do we have to get up?” she said sadly, gripping him tighter. “If you want your surprise you do.” “Surprise?” she immediately shot up. “Yes, surprise.” Inuyasha replied coyly. Kagome hated surprises, but couldn't resist them, and Inuyasha knew it. “Let's go downstairs, breakfast's almost done.” “How can you tell?” “Did you forget I'm part dog demon already? I have a nose for these things.” She hadn't noticed it, but he'd already returned to his demon form, which means… “I slept in!” she yelled. “Oh no I'll be late for school!!” she screamed as she jumped out of bed, scrambling to find clothes. “Kagome?” “What?” “It's Saturday.” Inuyasha said, suppressing the urge not to laugh. “It…is?” Kagome just stood there, dumbfounded as her mind tried to catch up to her. Inuyasha stood up and gave her a soft kiss on the lips, bringing her back to reality. “Inuyasha…” she breathed. Inuyasha smiled at the heated look on her face. “Are you going to look like that every time I kiss you? If so then I'm going to kiss you much more often.” Inuyasha whispered into her ear. She replied by punching him on the arm playfully then going downstairs. “Huh? Where are you going?” Inuyasha said. “To have breakfast, you said it was almost down remember?” Kagome said as she flashed him a devious smile. Inuyasha sighed as he followed her down. “Morning sleepyhead!” Mrs. Higurashi said as she saw her daughter come down the stairs. “Inuyasha said he has a surprise for you.” Mrs. Higurashi said, reminding her. “Do you know what it is?” Kagome asked, wondering if everyone knew but her. “No, he hasn't told anyone, but he left after you fell asleep last night. When I asked him where he was going, he said he was getting a surprise for Kagome.” She said truthfully. By this time, Inuyasha was already behind Kagome. “Boo.” Kagome jumped, she'd forgotten he was still here. “Don't sneak up on me like that!” she said, a bit annoyed. “Do you want your surprise now, or later?” Inuyasha smirked. “Now please!” “Are you sure?” “Yes!” Kagome practically screamed. “Okay.” Inuyasha got down on one knee and Kagome's thoughts began to race. “Kagome, will you marry me?” Inuyasha said as he pulled out a box with the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen. “Inuyasha…Of course I'll marry you!” She said, trying to control her fast-beating heart. “Inuyasha…where did you get this? How?” she asked, having a hard time believing what she was seeing. “I crafted it myself. Out of one of my Father's fangs.” “But it looks like it took years to make this!” “It did.” “Huh?” Kagome looked into his golden eyes. “What do you mean `it did'? My mom said you got it last night!” “I got it last night, but I've been making it for about 3 years now.” “3 years? But that's only...” “A half a year after I met you. I've been waiting for the perfect moment.” Inuyasha finished as he brought her into a soft passionate kiss. “Ahem.” Mrs. Higurashi said, making the soon-to-be married couple blush. “My baby's getting married!” she continued, “I'm so happy for you!” “Mom! I'm not a baby anymore!” Kagome said, blushing furiously. Inuyasha loved to see her blush. “Kagome…” Inuyasha whispered from behind her as he hugged her. She responded by cupping his cheek and kissing him. As Kagome broke off the kiss, she nestled her head under his chin. “I love you Kagome.” Inuyasha whispered, so only she could hear. “I love you too Inuyasha.” She followed suit. They stood there for what seemed like hours, enjoying each other's company and warmth. Kagome stared at the ring on her finger. “Inuyasha, what kind of gem in that?” she asked, staring at the gem, which emitted a soft white light. “It's not like any diamond I've ever seen.” “That's because it's special.” “Special? What do you mean?” “I mean it will never lose that glow, it's called the Diamond of Eternity. That jewel has been passed down through our family for 500 years. The ring I crafted myself, but the jewel has existed since the beginning of time.” “Inuyasha…thank you.” “For what?” “For making me part of your family.” “Thank you for being a part of my family.” He replied, kissing her again passionately. “When do you want to get married?” Inuyasha said as he reluctantly broke off the kiss. “As soon as possible…but I have to get a dress and--” Inuyasha decided to shut her up by kissing her again. “Stop doing that!” Kagome laughed out. “Why should I?” he said as he kissed her once again. “If you don't I might have to do this!” she said as she reached up and started petting his ears. “Kagome…” Inuyasha growled. He loved it and hated what she was doing to him at the same time. He responded by kissing her neck, then her collarbone, making a small moan escape her lips. They continued their loving torture for what seemed like an hour. “We have to stop…or I won't be able to control myself.” Inuyasha whispered reluctantly, but knowing he had to. “So you'll stop kissing me every other second?” Inuyasha silently replied by kissing her. “Not if you look like that every time I kiss you.” Inuyasha said, loving the heated look in her eyes. “Kami, You're beautiful.” Inuyasha whispered. “You're not bad to look at yourself.” She said, tracing her finger down his chest, causing his breath to hitch. It took every ounce of his control not to take her and fuck her brains out. “You said something about getting a dress?” Her mother said, coming out of her room with a beautiful white wedding gown. “Mom…Where'd you get that?” “It was mine when I married your father.” She replied, smiling. “We have to get Inuyasha a tux.” “A tux?” Inuyasha asked, confused. “I can't wear my haori?” He asked, still sounding confused. “It's standard to wear a tuxedo now, ok?” “Anything for you.” He smiled at his beloved. He loved the sound of Kagome finally being his. “Just one question…What's a tuxedo?”