InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ Good Morning, Sango ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Good morning Sango.” Miroku looked down as his love's eyes fluttered open. “Miroku? Why am I lying next to you?” “You don't remember last night?” Then it came back to Sango, rescuing Miroku him asking her to marry him, and her accidentally tearing his wound open again, which brought tears to her eyes. “Sango, are you ok?” “Yes…It's just…I'm sorry for causing you more pain Miroku!” she cried. “Sango it's ok. You didn't mean to!” he said comforting her and wiping away her tears. “Are you ok Miroku?” she looked up. “I will be. Thanks to you.” He smiled as he planted a small kiss on her lips. Sango merely smiled back. “That's the first time you didn't smack me for kissing you.” He joked. “Oh really?” Sango joked as she gave him a playful smack on the face. “That one didn't sting as bad.” They both laughed. “I'm glad you're feeling better. That's a good sign.” The doctor said as she entered the room. “How long will he have to stay here?” Sango asked curiously. “If he recovers as fast as he has been, he should be ready to leave by tonight. “Wow! Tonight?” Sango asked, not believing what she heard. “Yes, tonight. It seems his own healing abilities have helped him recover. In a few hours, his wounds will be nothing but scars.” “I'm glad we'll be able to get you out of here soon Miroku, I hate to see you like this.” Sango said, nearing tears again. “I do too…” Miroku said. “Stand where you are Sango…I'm going to try something.” “What are you up to Miroku?” Sango said, suspecting he was going to try to do something to her. “I'm gonna try to stand, but if I fall I need you to catch me.” He replied. “Okay.” She said, half expecting him to fall on purpose so he could grope her, but he did no such thing. He was able to stand on his own. “You're healing faster than expected.” The doctor said wide-eyed. “Do you want to try to walk around?” Sango asked, ready to catch him, just in case. “I'll try.” He said as he walked slowly towards his staff. He reached it, without falling. “Could we leave now doctor?” Miroku said, leaning on his staff. “If you feel up to it, you can try, but you may want to rest a bit more.” She said a bit concerned. “It's all right, I'll be fine.” Miroku smiled while leaning on his staff for support. “Miroku, let's go to the inn across the street, Kohaku's probably still asleep.” Sango said as she took one of his arms, making sure he wouldn't fall. “Sango…You don't have to do that.” Miroku said looking to his side. “I don't care. I'm not letting you get hurt again Miroku!” “You…really care for me don't you?” Miroku said as he stopped and kissed her. “Of course I do.” She breathed as they broke off the kiss. “I'll wait out here, I'll just slow you down if I go with you.” Miroku said as they reached the inn where Kohaku had been staying. “Okay, be right back!” Sango called as she entered the inn. A few minutes later, all 3 of them were riding on Kirara. “Hey, where are we going Sango?” Miroku asked while letting the wind blow into his face. “To my village. I promised that when I got Kohaku back I'd go back, at least to visit.” “To your village then, I have no business back in mine.” “What do you mean? I'm sure they miss you.” “They might, but if they saw you well…I don't want to think about it.” “Oh…” Sango understood finally what he was talking about. “Wait, does that mean we're staying home?” Kohaku said with a lot of hope in his voice. After Sango and Miroku glanced at each other, Miroku said “Yes. We're staying…home.” All three of them smiled at the thought of being home. “Sango?” “Yea Miroku?” “Do you think we'll ever see Inuyasha or Kagome ever again?” “I think we will…but when is still undetermined.” She replied. As they landed in the village, hunters and family members alike greeted them. “Sango, you found Kohaku! And defeated Naraku none the less!” One man said. “Not alone. Do you remember Kagome, Inuyasha and Miroku?” “Yes, the miko, half-demon and lecherous-“ was all he could say before Sango slapped him. The villagers were shocked. “Sango explain your actions!” the new chief commanded. “He is not a lecherous monk…well not anymore anyway. He is going to be my husband.” “Your…husband?!” The man who got slapped said nastily. “Yes, my husband! Does anyone have a problem with that?!” she said as she rose her boomerang. “I assure you, no one has a problem with it…We are merely…concerned. His past actions were…less than noble.” “Look…he's changed okay? He wanted himself, or one of his children, to be there when Naraku was destroyed. He himself is the cause Naraku has perished.” “He defeated Naraku?!” the same man asked, not believing his ears. Sango told the entire story, how Inuyasha had protected Kagome, and how Miroku absorbed Naraku into his hand, sealing him away forever, as well as how Kagome revived Inuyasha with the power of the Shikon Jewel. “This is a great victory! We must celebrate the death of Naraku!” The chief said enthusiastically. “Not to mention the wedding of Sango and Miroku! Sango, when your father passed away, he said when you were to be married, the rite of passage will have been completed. You are the new chief Sango.” Sango merely stared dumbfounded. So much was happening all at once. “Sango, are you ok? You look very pale.” Miroku said, staring up at his soon-to-be wife. “Yea I'm fine…It's just…wow so much is happening!” she said gleefully. Miroku smiled. “Are you feeling better Miroku?” “Yea, I can't feel any pain now.” He answered. “Good. Then you should be ready for tonight right?” Miroku smiled at his thoughts. Surely, she couldn't be talking about that…could she? “Miroku?” Sango asked, he hadn't answered the question. “Yea, I should be.” Miroku finally said. “Good because our wedding is tonight as well.” She beamed as she pulled Miroku close. He looked down at her and hugged her tightly close to him. “I love you so much.” He whispered into her ear. “I love you too.” She replied softly as they stood still and just enjoyed each other's warmth and company. “Could you wait for the wedding?” the chief, who was also the pastor said smiling, causing the couple to blush. “Are you ready to get married?” Miroku stared down at his wife-to-be. “Are you?” “If it's to you, anytime is a good time.” Making the both of them laugh. The couple walked off to be married, both were anticipating the wedding, and the honeymoon.