InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ So Tired... ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Thank you Mrs. Higurashi!” Inuyasha smiled at his future mother-in-law at the news that he could stay the night. “It's not like I have a choice! You were about to pass out!” she laughed at him, causing him to blush. “Wow! Someone got Inuyasha to blush!” Kagome said, making him blush further. “Inuyasha…the moon!” “Huh? What….?” He was about to finish when he noticed he couldn't see the moon, and it had just turned dusk. “So it's that time…” Inuyasha said as he closed his eyes. “What do you mean?” Souta and Kagome's mother said in unison. “Inuyasha, as you know is a hanyou. Every hanyou has one night of weakness once a month. One night where they become fully human.” Kagome said a light enveloped Inuyasha. “I wondered why I blushed…and why I was tired.” Inuyasha said as his human form emerged from the light, nearly falling. Wow…he kinda looks like Kagome, only as a guy!” Souta said, causing a glare from Inuyasha. “He's still cute as a human!” Mrs. Higurashi said. “Why is everyone picking on me?” Inuyasha half-yawned. “Why don't you two get some sleep? You both seem very tired.” A worried Mrs. Higurashi told the couple. “Thanks momma.” Kagome said, agreeing. “Inuyasha let's go….Inuyasha?” Kagome said as she stared at Inuyasha. “Inuyasha, are you ok?” Kagome continued. Inuyasha suddenly fell over, he'd passed out standing up. “Inuyasha!” Kagome said, trying to rouse the hanyou, to no avail. “He must be very tired…Let's get him to bed.” Mrs. Higurashi said. “Kagome?” Inuyasha said in his sleep, finally rousing from his deep slumber. “Thank Kami you're ok! Why didn't you say something?” Kagome said as she playfully hit his arm. “I didn't think I was that tired. Damn this body of mine.” Inuyasha cursed under his breath. “There's nothing wrong with being a human.” Kagome said half-angrily. “I didn't say there was! I just…oh forget it!” Inuyasha gave up. “What?” Kagome said curiously. “We're a couple Inuyasha…you can tell me anything you know?” “I miss your scent when I'm human.” “My…scent?” Kagome wondered. “Yes you're scent. Everyone has a natural scent around them. Yours calms me.” “I thought you didn't like my scent.” “I told you. I lied.” They both smiled at the memory. “Come on. We should get some rest.” Kagome said as she laid down on her bed next to Inuyasha. If he could have growled he would have as he felt her arms around him. “Kagome…” “Yes Inuyasha?” “I love you.” “Inuyasha….I love you too.” They smiled together once again as their lips met. Inuyasha snaked his arms around Kagome, and brought her body close to his. “Let's get some rest.” He said. “Let's.” she agreed as they drifted to sleep in each other's arms.