InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ A Second Realization ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
Meanwhile, a battle raged between Miroku and a bear demon.
“Damn it! Why don't you die?!” Miroku said as he pummeled the demon with his staff.
Suddenly, the bear struck. His sharp claws digging into Miroku's flesh.
“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Miroku screamed, and landed a final blow to the bear's head, banishing it completely.
“So this…is how I die…” Miroku said as he blacked out as a girl and a boy on a demon cat came close…
 
 
 
About a day later….
 
“Ugh….where am I?” Miroku managed as he awoke in a foreign hut. “You're in my house now.” An old voice came to him. “Who are you?” “A local doctor…You're lucky your friend got you here when she did…you'd have died if she hadn't.” “Sango…?” Miroku asked. “Yes, that is what she called herself I believe.” Miroku was lost in thought. Sango had saved him…not only from his wounds, but from himself as well. He'd planned to wander the Earth until he died. Just then she entered, the woman of his dreams. “Sango…” “Miroku…” they just stared at each other. Suddenly, Sango ran to where Miroku was lying and collapsed onto him. “Why'd you have to get hurt Miroku?! Do you know what I'd have done if you died?!” she cried into his chest, gripping his robe in both hands. “Sango…” was all he could say as he held her as close as possible, not being able to move his arms much without causing jolts of pain through his body. “I love you Sango…” “Miroku…I love you too.” Miroku's eyes widened “You…do?” Miroku asked surprised. “Of course I do…Oh! I'm sorry!” she suddenly said as she pushed on his wound, causing him to wince in pain. “How did you find me?” Miroku suddenly asked. “I couldn't let you wander alone…You saved my brother…Thank you so much…” she began to cry again, but this time, Miroku sat up, still in pain to wipe her tears away. “Please don't cry…but if you need a shoulder to cry on, mines always here.” He offered as he held her close to him. “Thank you Miroku…” she said as she began to cry onto his shoulder, not letting go of him. Kohaku walked in then, watching his sister cry onto the man who saved him. “Thanks mister…do you know my sister?” “Yes…I must say I do.” Miroku half-laughed. “I love your sister very much…More than anyone will ever know, or can know.” He said as he loosened his grip around Sango as she looked up into his violet eyes and smiled. “And I love him just as much.” She said, still smiling. “Sango…Will you..” Sango expected to say bear my children, but something else came out. “Marry me?” Sango was bewildered. Miroku just asked her to marry him! “Miroku! Of course I'll marry you!” She yelled as she threw her arms around him. “Ah!” Miroku screamed as his wounds were re-opened. “Miroku!” Sango screamed as she saw the blood seep through his robes. The doctor by now was using her miko powers to heal his opened wound. “You need to be careful milady.” The doctor warned Sango. “Oh Miroku…I'm so sorry…” she said as she began to cry into his chest again. “Sango…it's all right…please don't cry…It makes me want to.” “Just rest Miroku, I'm not leaving your side!” “Then let me get something for you.” Kohaku raced back to the inn and grabbed a few sleeping bags Kagome had left behind. “Here you go.” “Thanks Kohaku.” Sango said as she laid next to Miroku. “Good night, Miroku.” “Good night, my dear Sango.” Miroku said as he brought Sango close enough for a kiss and their lips met, surprising Sango at first, but soon she kissed back. Surprisingly, Miroku broke off the kiss. “I'll see you in the morning. I love you.” “I love you too.” Sango answered as they both drifted to sleep.