InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Death, and Love reborn ❯ The Cross of Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Kagome…How am I here? How am I….alive?”
“I wished for it on the Shikon jewel…”
“But that's how you get home!”
“I am home…as long as I'm with you.” She said as she cried into his chest.
“Kagome…I love you.”
“I love you too Inuyasha.” She said as she held him close to her. Inuyasha hugged her with every bit of half-demon that he was. He looked into her deep-brown eyes and brought his lips to hers. Kagome's eyes got wide, but slowly she returned the kiss. Inuyasha tried to deepen the kiss, prying at her lips with his tongue; she happily complied.
“Kagome…Are you sure about this?” Inuyasha broke off the kiss for a moment. “I…don't know…I just want to be with you Inuyasha.” Kagome said looking down. Inuyasha held her close, trying to comfort her. “Should we see if we can still get through the well?” “I guess….” “You're prepared that you might not be able to….” “Yes.” “Let's go…” Inuyasha said as he crouched so Kagome could climb onto his back. “If we do get through…what will we tell your family Kagome?” “The truth…we love each other right?” “Of course!” “Then that's what we'll tell them.” Kagome said as she hugged Inuyasha's back. As they arrived at the well, they gave each other one look for reaffirmation that they were going to do this, both silently nodded. With one last jump they went down the well. Both braced for the impact of the ground, but it never came. “Kagome! It's working!” “Thank Kami…” Kagome said as Inuyasha bound out of the well with Kagome on his back, he knew where her house was, since he'd gone there to get her before. “We should walk from here…” said Kagome “So no one will notice a half demon is jumping around town.” “Okay.” Inuyasha nodded in agreement. As they walked Inuyasha wrapped on of his arms around Kagome, and she rested her head on his shoulder. “The air here is…different. It's peaceful.” Inuyasha said with his nose in the air and his eyes closed. “It's different when you're not fighting demons huh? Just remember, if it weren't for us, it might not be like this.” Kagome said proudly of what they'd done. “We're here…” Inuyasha said, almost regrettably that their walk had come to an end. “Home already Kagome?” Souta waved from his 2nd story window. “Hi Souta! Remember Inuyasha?” “Hi Inuyasha! Can we play video games again sometime? I got a lot better!” “Sure we can shrimp!” “Don't call me shrimp!” he yelled down, not liking his nickname. Inuyasha laughed, it was the first time he'd really laughed in a long time. “We'll meet you inside ok?” Kagome called up. “OK! See ya in a bit!” and he disappeared from the window. “Let's go.” Inuyasha stared into his soon-to-be lover's eyes. “Kagome, what are you doing home so soon?” her mother asked, knowing she had an important job in the past. “It's finally done.” Kagome sighed, half-sadly. “So you're staying home?” “There's something we need to talk about.” Kagome said, as Inuyasha entered the house. Kagome's mom smiled. “Hi Inuyasha.” “Hello Mrs. Higurashi.” Inuyasha said as he bowed. “You don't have to bow to me every time we meet you know.” She said. “Um…it's part of what we need to talk about.” “What do you mean?” “We're in love…” “Aww….How sweet! My baby's in love!” Mrs. Higurashi said with a hint of tears in her eyes, although no one noticed but Inuyasha. “You mean…you're not mad at me?” “Of course not! I knew you two were destined to be together from when I first met Inuyasha!” Kagome suddenly hugged her mom. “Mom…Thank you!” she held on tight. “You're welcome…can you let go now? You're choking me!” “Oh sorry!” Kagome said as her mom and Inuyasha laughed. “Hi guys!” Souta said as he arrived at the bottom of the stairs. “Hi Souta!” Inuyasha said as he bent over to meet the 10 year old who idolized him. “Can I climb on your shoulders again?” “Sure...why not.” Inuyasha said as he allowed the child to climb up to his height. “Hehehehehe! This is fun!” Souta laughed as he sat on Inuyasha's shoulders. “Will you be visiting more now Inuyasha?” Souta asked looking down at his hanyou friend. “Yes, I do think I will.” He smiled.