InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome looked out the window to the car. The house was rather large, not as big as hers, but decent sized. It was two stories and looked to have at least four bedrooms. The yard was obviously constantly taken care of. It was like he earned this house and kept good care of it. Kagome smiled at the thought.
She made her way up the path and to the door. Her mother and brother walked in front of her. Her mother wore a plane black dress and had her hair nicely done. Souta was forced to wear a mini suit.
Kagome, on the other hang, wore a black corset and a long wavy silky black skirt. Her hair was up in a messy bun with strands of hair falling out everywhere.
Her mother knocked on the door. They waited patiently for the door to open.
“Good evening Mrs. Higarashi” Sesshomaru smiled and slightly bowed.
“Good evening Sesshomaru” she bowed back.
“Please come in, I have already prepared the food.”
With that they walked inside and headed for the dining room. The house was as big on the inside as it was on the outside. The ceilings were raised, and the rooms were decorated beautifully.
They entered the dinning room, which was nothing more or less that a large table in the middle of a decent sized room. They took their seats.
“I'll bring down my little brother” he said as he left the room.

Inu Yasha was in his room on the phone with Miroku. A few minutes before he had three-wade Sango in on the conversation.
“I still think that the highlight of the first day of school was seeing Kouga get rejected for the first time” Sango laughed.
“No way! Seeing Inu Yasha kick the crap out of Hiten was the greatest part.” Miroku laughed.
“Inu Yasha! You beat Hiten again” Sango asked angrily.
“That bastard had it coming” Inu Yasha replied.
“What did he do this time” Sango asked irritated.
Miroku laughed. “Tell her, come on”
They couldn't see but he was blushing “it was nothing” he growled.
Miroku was still busting up “he made a comment about how he was going to ask out Higarashi and Inu Yasha got all mad.”
“Really?” Sango asked, extremely surprised and interested.
“Yeah well, he was planning to screw her and leave her like every other girl that he dated.”
“But you never cared that he did it before” Sango stated.
“Shut up, something bad happened to kagome. She wouldn't be able to handle what he was going to do to her”
“Again, why do you care” Miroku asked. He finally stopped laughing.
“uhh, because, if she got hurt because we didn't do anything about it Sango would have our hide” he said, quickly pulling it out of his ass.

Just then there was a nock at his bedroom door. “Inu Yasha its dinnertime” Sesshomaru said threw the door.
“Yeah yeah” He snorted. He turned his attention back to the phone. “Be right back guys, I have to grab some grub” with that be put down the phone and headed for the dinning area.
“Hey Sango what do you want to do?”
“NO MIROKU I WONT HAVE PHONE SEX WITH YOU” she screamed.
“Actually that isn't what I was thinking, but now that you mention…”
“NO”

Without even looking at the guests Inu Yasha managed to run downstairs, grab a plate of food, and hall ass back up stairs. However, it took until he reaches his bedroom door to realize that he smelled Kagome. It took a moment for it to register.

Kagome sat there, starring at her plate. She had no desire to be there, nor to hear the exciting news her mother had to offer. It was usually never good when mother had news that would excite her. It usually consisted of either a boyfriend, which never really happened often, or a vacation. Normally a vacation would be something exciting, but her mother's idea of one nothing compared to hers. The last vacation they went on her mother had dragged her to America to see the Amish people. There was no TV or phone for two weeks, not to mention any kind of electricity.
They were now sitting around a large rectangle table with many different plates of food sat between them. Kagome's mother smiled. “I have some good news”
Kagome didn't move one inch. She knew her mother too well.
“Please reveal Mrs. Higarashi” Sesshomaru requested; emotionless. However, kagome could see past his mask and knew he was concerned.
“Oh yes I will, I have been waiting to tell you all but I have seeing somebody. I have been seeing him since we moved here, which was a few months ago.”
`That is the stupidest thing she could do right now; stupid humans' Sesshomaru thought.
Kagome tightened her jaw. It was obviously too soon for her mother to be dating again, it was almost as if the whole ordeal never happened.
“And he is going to move in this weekend” she smiled, trying to mask the pain she felt.
Sesshomaru's noticed this. She didn't want this man to move in, but she was allowing it anyway. Something wasn't right. He put on a fake smile and said kindly “well, that is wonderful news.” He turned to kagome “kagome, may I talk to you for a moment. I have something for you in my office.”
Kagome's mother smiled. “Oh isn't that wonderful, go dear”
Kagome nodded and follows Sesshomaru. She made it to his office and sat down in one of his large chairs. He stood by the desk and looked at her. “I worry for you kagome, and so I have present for you.” He turned around and pulled something out of the top draw of his desk. In one hand a silver necklace with a small green crystal dangling from it. The other was a purple beaded necklace with what looked like teeth from a large beast. He handed her the silver necklace.
“This is for you. As long as you keep it on the person wearing the other necklace will know you are safe. The only problem is that the necklaces decide who your protector will be.” Kagome took and looked up at him.
“Sesshomaru, there is no such thing as magic.”
He smirked. “You'd be surprised”
Confused, she placed the necklace over her head. Suddenly something in her left side started to glow and the necklace turned into a choker.
“The jewel” Sesshomaru whispered under his breathe. `how does she have it?' Just then the necklace Sesshomaru had dangling form his hand started to glow then break apart bead by bead at a great force. It flew out the cracked door and hit somebody standing right out side; listening to their conversation.
“What the hell?” screamed the mystery person, now in charge of kagome's well-being.