InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome sat there, confused and scared. She had never seen beads glow then fly to some unknown person. She was half expecting to see Santa Clause, but she knew better.
Sesshomaru took in a deep breath and started laughing. Kagome just starred at him, not sure what to think. “What's so funny?”
He stopped laughing, “I smell your and my brother's fear, although there is a huge amount of anger mixed in with my brothers.”
“Your brother?” kagome asked. Her confused and scared look turned to an irritated one. `Great I get to be protected by a guy that I don't even know'.
“Join us brother” he stood there waiting, but nothing came. His smiled faded; turning back into his famous emotionless face. “I know you are trying to escape. You know I will find you and drag you back here, you might as well save yourself the trouble.”
Extremely agitated, the young hanyou stepped into the doorway and growled. “What are these things” he grabbed the beads. “Why won't they come off?”
“Inu Yasha?” kagome whispered. The presence of another person caught her off guard; she didn't like to be around anybody but Sesshomaru. He was the only one that could bring peace into her life. It took her some time to figure out why, but it was obvious. He used logic instead of playing with emotions to help her.
“Little brother, you are now to spend the rest or your life protecting kagome, or at least until she takes the necklace off you.”
Inu Yasha looked furious. He turned his gaze to the small girl bowing her head behind Sesshomaru. He could smell her fear. Walking over to her, he stopped and demanded, “Take them off”.
Kagome nodded. She didn't want him to protect her. She reached up and grabbed the beads and tried to pull them over his head, but they would not budge.
“Its not that simple” Sesshomaru stated and he exited the room.
Inu Yasha glared at Kagome, “this is all your fault” he screamed, running from the room. Kagome stood there, scared. She took off running. She exited the office, ran down the hall, and out the front door. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her and her destination; home.

Walking into his room, Inu Yasha grabbed the phone and placed it on his ear, thinking that his two friends had hung up; but he was wrong.
Sango was chanting “wimowey Wimowey wimowey”
Miroku suddenly burst out in song, putting his heart into it… “in the jungle the mighty jungle the lions sleep tonight, I can't hear you buddy back me up…aweeeeeeeeee aweeabumbaway” its sounded like Timon from The Lion King
Inu Yasha couldn't hold it in, he laughed like he never laughed before. Miroku and Sango stopped.
“What?!?!?!” Miroku asked irritated. “I'm not that bad”
“No” laugh “its just” laugh “I leave for five minutes” laugh “and I come back to that. What the hell are you two doing?”
“Passing time, you did take forever” Miroku replied.
“So who was the mysterious dinner guest?” Sango asked.
“Is she hot?” Miroku asked half excited and half hoping.
“Miroku!” Inu Yasha warned.
“Ok ok, but who is it? Do we know her?” Miroku asked once again, but this time in a more serious manner.
“Yeah, you know her” Inu Yasha replied quietly.
“Really?” they both asked.
“Yeah, so”
“Well, what is her name?” Sango was definitely interested.
“Umm...”
“Come on Inu Yasha, we will find out eventually” Miroku smiled in his end.
“It's umm, Kagome” he spat her name out fast, trying to get it out quickly.
“Kagome?” Sango asked, stunned.
“Yeah” he replied.
“She's in your house?”
“Yeah”
“THEN GO TALK TO HER” Sango screamed.
“WHAT?!?!?! NO?!?!”

It had taken an hour, but she arrived home. No body had returned yet, so she decided to take a long bath and go on to bed. While she drew the bath, it seemed as if the higher the water got the more depressed she was. It pained her to know that she can never have any friends. It took some time, but she managed to stay as far from her mother as possible; but friends. She had to do many group projects this year. How was she supposed to stay away from people and still graduate on time?
By time she finished with her bath she was more than tired. Her body ached with depression. Walking into her room, she dropped the towel to the floor and searched the room for some clean close. She walked closer to her closet, unaware of the glowing eyes looking at her from with in.

Inu Yasha had waited for an hour or so, when kagome's family left and Sesshomaru retired to his bedroom. Inaudibly, the half-bread ventured to the office that Sesshomaru banned Inu Yasha from ever entering. The door was still opened from the little mishap from before. Taking very soft step, he made his way to the desk. Luck was on his side, for kagome's file was sitting, opened, on the desk.
There were many newspaper articles, a few pages of notes, and a letter signed by Kagome. He started to read the letter.

Dear Anybody,
My name is Kagome Higarashi. I am currently taking therapy from a very nice man by the name of Sesshomaru. He told me that he wanted me to write a letter that explains everything. I couldn't talk to him about it, so he gave me this as an alternative. He said that it would give me an opportunity to say exactly what I mean, and read it over before I give it to him. You know what; he's right; it is easier.
To put in short, my three best friends died in the same week, then my boyfriend the next. Drugs, drunk driving, rape, and beatings were involved. My mother's boyfriend then went crazy one night after many beers. He beat my brother, poisoned my mother, and killed my grandfather. I now have a scar on my shoulder to always remind me of that day, for I was also attacked, by the knife that I pulled on him.
I am cursed. All those who are dear to me are destined to feel ultimate pain. I will no longer have friend.
I will never again allow another person to hurt because of me.
I will spend the rest of my life alone.
The recently deceased,
Kagome
July 3rd

Inu Yasha just stared at the letter. He couldn't believe it. All this happened to her at the beginning of the summer. It was still fresh in her mind. A threatening wave of guilt flowed threw his body, forcing him to close his eyes.
“I didn't know” he whispered.
“There was a reason for that” said a voice from the open door. Inu Yasha looked up to see the emotionless face of Sesshomaru. “I told you to never come in here” he stated.
“I had to know” Inu Yasha placed the folder down and walked toward the door. Sesshomaru moved for him, only to grab his shoulder.
“She holds the Shikon Jewel with in her, little brother”
“The jewel?” Inu Yasha whispered in surprise.
“Yes, and I have no doubt in my mind that it has something to do with why all of this is happening to the people around her”
Just then Inu Yasha felt a stinging pain shoot threw his lower abdomen. He fell to the ground in pain.
“Kagome” Sesshomaru whispered, and then was gone. Inu Yasha chased after, lagging behind due to the pain. Sesshomaru noted his presence and kept an eye on him. Suddenly the pain stopped, allowing his to run faster; which he did.
Well he did until a sharp pain cut threw his arm. He grabbed it and fell on the roof of some random house. Sesshomaru stopped and turned.
“GO SESHOMARU!” Inu Yasha screamed. “SHE WAS CUT”
With that Sesshomaru took off as fast as he could, not caring who saw him or what it seemed like.