InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Love ❯ Elemantary Years ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Painful Love

A/N- I didn't like my last Inuyasha fanfic and I think it was because of the way I wrote it. I tend to like fanfictions more when they're not written like a script. The way I wrote the summary makes me want to know what happens next, so I can't wait to get started. Some of the fanfic will be written in Kagome's POV.

Disclaimer- So far I don't own anything, but the fanfic and the idea.

Summary- Kagome and Inuyasha like each other, but haven't admitted It to each other, but before they could tell each other their feelings, Inuyasha moves to California.

Chapter 1-Elemantary Years

We were in fifth grade. Inuyasha and I were walking down the hall. He was my best friend and ever since I met him I always hoped we could be more than best friends. Well a few years back he told me he felt the same way. He stopped me and said the most horrible news that I thought I would never hear. But they slowly came out of his mouth.

-Flashback-

"Kagome, wait!" Inuyasha said grabbing Kagome's arm, "Before you go to class, there's something I need to tell you."

Inuyasha's face looked worried, which made Kagome worried, "What is it?"

"Kagome, you're my best friend so I told myself, you'd be the first to know." He hesitated to finish, "I…I have to move."

Kagome's eyes filled with tears and she shook her head, "Where?"

"To California,"

"What? But that's so far away from Japan." She was now crying and was starting to walk away when Inuyasha pulled her into a hug. Kagome hugged him back and he held her in his arms. The both seemed to like it. They never hugged each other like that before and for that one moment it felt like they were more than friends. Kagome calmed down and then the two went to class.

For the rest of the day the two didn't talk to each other very often. Sango and Miroku were starting to wonder what was wrong. Sango knew Kagome liked Inuyasha, just like Miroku knew Inuyasha like Kagome and they couldn't see their two friends like this, so at lunch time they brought the topic up.

"Are you two ok?"

"Fine," Kagome mumbled.

"Well you don't se…"

"You're fine with this?!" Inuyasha yelled at Kagome and then Kagome yelled back at him crying at the same time.

"Do I look fine?! Of course I'm NOT fine! I feel horrible!" Inuyasha felt bad all of a sudden. Kagome and he never yelled at each other.

"Kagome, please don't cry. I hate it when you cry." Kagome sniffled and tried her best to calm down and hugged Inuyasha. She was about to tell him how she felt, when Sesshoumaru passed.

"Inuyasha, I can't wait till we move tomorrow, how about you?"

"I'd rather die." Inuyasha mumbled realizing what Sesshoumaru had just said.

"What do you mean tomorrow?" Both Kagome and Inuyasha said at once.

"Didn't you listen to dad? He said we were moving tomorrow morning."

Inuyasha suddenly lost his balance and fell onto the chair that was behind him. This was a nightmare. He was leaving the love of his life and might never see her. She was the reason he didn't want to move and it broke his heart into a million pieces when he found out when he was moving.

Sesshoumaru left chuckling evily. His silver long hair flowed behind him as he walked. Once again Sesshoumaru found a way to hurt Inuyasha badly and when Inuyasha moved, he planned to change that.

------------------

The next day Kagome showed up at Inuyasha's house early in the morning before Inuyasha had to leave. Everyone in his family seemed to love the idea. At least everyone, but Inuyasha loved it. He sat on the porch holding his head in his heads. Lucy sat next to him and they were both silent until Kagome moved his hands away from his face.

"Inuyasha, I…" Kagome was about to tell Inuyasha her feelings before it was too late, but she was once again interrupted.

"Inuyasha, get in the car!" Inuyasha stood up.

"Sorry Kagome." Inuyasha looked down, "Bye."

"Bye, Inuyasha." She said quietly.

A/N- This chapter was a little short, but they're always short at the beginning. I don't think this fanfic will be as long as my 7th Heaven fanfic, but I think it will still be great no matter how long it is. I hope you like this fanfic so far!