InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Love ❯ Forgotten Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Painful Love

A/N- I'm going to update as fast as possible, a few times a day to be exact, because school starts tomorrow, so after a few months I'll probably be busy with homework and stuff and I'd like to finish the fanfic before it gets crazy. By the way, this fanfic is basically one big flashback, but there will be flashbacks within the flashbacks.

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha. The only thing I own is the fanfic.

Summary- Four years later, after Inuyasha had moved, Inuyasha moves back and Kagome and he run into each other. Will their memories refresh, or will they have to start from the beginning?

BTW- Sorry for changing the personalities a little bit:(

Chapter 2- Forgotten Memories

Inuyasha dialed Miroku's phone number. His father had told him the best news. After 5 years of living in California, he was finally going back to Japan. His father finally got to his senses and decided to live in Japan and never move again. He would go back to seeing his friends Miroku and Sango, but thinking about seeing his friends something in his mind said something was missing. For the past four years it had been like that. He didn't know what that something was, but he intended on finding out as soon as he got back from Japan.

Miroku picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey Miroku,"

"You seem really excited."

"I am! We're moving back to Japan!"

"Are you serious?!"

"Yes!"

"That's great…if only Kagome remembered you."

"Kagome," Inuyasha started thinking, but he couldn't match a face with the name, "Who is she?"

Miroku sighed, "Kagome was your best friend in 5th grade. The day left she was a wreck, but then she only got worse and decided to throw your pictures away, except the one in the yearbook. She actually forgot about you."

Inuyasha still remembered his last day. He remembered a girl sitting next to him and she looked as sad as him.

-Flashback-

"Inuyasha, I…"

"Inuyasha, get in the car!"

"Sorry Kagome." Inuyasha looked down, "Bye."

"Bye, Inuyasha."

-Flashback Ends-

"Are you there?" Miroku asked thinking his friend hung up.

"Oh, yeah," Inuyasha paused, "The girl, Kagome was she the one who was sitting next to me the day I moved?"

"That's her."

"I'm starting to remember her. I liked her so much, but she probably changed too much." He sighed.

"Inuyasha, she's like she used to be, but better. I think you should get her to yourself and…"

"Miroku," Inuyasha shot a warning growl at Miroku, "I have to go now, I'll see you tomorrow at lunch."

Inuyasha hung up and left for the car. He couldn't wait to go back, unlike Sesshoumaru. Inuyasha had changed a lot now. He never let Sesshoumaru pick on him and out of the two he always won the fights. He was more aggressive and a thought bugged him in his mind at the moment.

What if Kagome remembers me after a while and doesn't like me anymore? What if we fight all the time now? I mean we are going to go into 9th grade and high school, which might lead to fights since we both changed so much.

He shook his head to make the thoughts go away. Then he went in the car to drive to the airport.

------------------

"Kagome!" Miroku and Sango were running through the high school trying to catch up to Kagome. Miroku had just told Sango the news.

"Kagome, guess who's coming!?" Sango said excitedly, "Inuyasha!"

Kagome looked lost for a second and Miroku and Sango exchanged glances, "Who is that?" She said exactly like Inuyasha had to Miroku.

"You liked him in 5th grade, but he had to move to California." Sango sighed, "Remember?"

Kagome thought for a minute. Sango handed Kagome her yearbook and pointed to Inuyasha's face, "Him."

-Flashback-

"Inuyasha, I can't wait till we move tomorrow, how about you?"

"I'd rather die."

"What do you mean tomorrow?"

"Didn't you listen to dad? He said we were moving tomorrow morning."

-Flashback-

Kagome's eyes sparkled and she jumped up and down, "He's coming back!" She hugged Sango and Miroku and then skipped to her class.

Miroku took out his cell phone and called Inuyasha.

------------------

Inuyasha's phone rang. He was in the plane when his phone rang a few times.

"Hey Miroku,"

"Kagome remembers you! She just skipped to her classroom" Miroku chuckled.

"She does?"

"Yes, and you'll be here by lunch right?"

"Yeah, we'll be there in about 15 minutes and then it'll take an hour to leave for the school."

They hung up and Miroku headed to class while Inuyasha dozed off.

------------------

It was now lunch time. Kagome was walking over to her table with Sango when she noticed someone next to Miroku. "Is that Inuyasha?"

"Yeah,"

"He sure grew up." Sango laughed.

"Well I don't think he's in fifth grade anymore."

"Hey, everyone, I'm so glad to be back! California was a dump! At least where I lived it was."

Everyone said hi to Inuyasha. Almost everyone that is. Kagome was to shy to speak. She felt like she was starting all over. She didn't know what to say and her heart was pounding faster and faster. She felt like she did around Inuyasha in 5th grade, except worse.

"Are you ok, Kagome?" Kagome quickly looked up and smiled.

"Yeah...I'm fine."

Kagome got up, but as soon as she looked at Inuyasha she fell over her chair. Inuyasha ran over to her and helped her up. She looked up and quickly straightened her skirt. As she walked past Sango she could help, but hear her saying, "Looks like someone has a crush allll over again."

Kagome ran out of the cafeteria closely followed by Inuyasha. Sango and Miroku just looked at them and then continued eating their food.

A/N- My chapters are about the same amount of pages as my other fanfic, except there are fewer words. I haven't exactly planned out this fanfic, so I'm really sorry if it sounds horrible. I had to end the chapter there since I have to go. Again, I'm REALLY and EXTREMELY sorry if this FF sucks. I'm going to do my best to make it better. I don't know, but when I'm comparing my 2 FF's the other one sounds so much better.