InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Silence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I'm going to say this for all chapters in my story... I do NOT own Inuyasha [I wish I did though]... just my oc characters



Chapter 1 - Silence
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Walking through a thick forest of dense redwoods and wild grasses, Inuyasha led the way. The sun was setting on the group and the night sky was droning in. The winds picked up slightly, as it softly blew in their direction. Silence filled the group, as Shippou looked back and forth between everyone as he sat on Kagome's shoulder. Back and forth, he was tired of the silence. Opening his mouth to interject something, it quickly snapped shut, as he caught a glance from Miroku. Frowning, Shippou sighed loudly. Kagome glance up at him, and started to feel herself grow tired. Inuyasha completely ignored Shippou's sigh, and just kept walking.


Silence covered the group, a silence that no one really and truly knew the reason for. Just one of those moments, just one of those times. Inuyasha looked up to the sky for a second. Sango looked and notice the dreary eyes of Kagome, and her brow furrowed in concern.


"You OK Kagome?" she asked. Kagome looked up from her drowsy state. Inuyasha stopped and spun around, concerned but not letting it show too much.


"I'm fine, just a little tired and all I guess," Kagome replied with a yawn.


"I vote we call it for the night," declared Miroku. Sango nodded her head as Shippou looked at them and sighed again.


"I was wondering when you guys were going to talk, and when we were going to stop," he stated matter-of-factly. Kagome couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the little fox demon. They soon had a fire set up and the camp site all fixed up. The fire blazed and danced its mystical motion, drawing the attention of a few of them. Their stomachs rumbled as they sat staring in the silence.


"Another night without food," complained Inuyasha. "Why didn't you plan for this earlier Kagome? Sheesh, its not that hard. You really can be so stupid." Kagome frowned at Inuyasha and turned away from him, trying to ignore him. Inuyasha was so testy when his stomach was empty. She unrolled a sleeping bag she had brought with her from her last time in her own time. Inuyasha growled. "ARE YOU TRYING TO IGNORE ME!"


"I didn't know you were capable of figuring such a thing out so quickly," commented Kagome with a grin. Sango hid her chuckle from the others, and Miroku rolled his eyes. Inuyasha's temper rose quickly.


"Why you bitch-"


"I know!" shouted Shippou interrupting Inuyasha. A smile came from his face. "Since Inuyasha has the energy to get all upset about nothing, I think he should be the first watch on the fire." Kagome grinned, looking back down at Shippou. She nodded her head and slipped into her sleeping bag.


"I couldn't agree with you more," she giggled. Inuyasha's temper continued to rise, but Sango cut him off.


"Just shut up and stay awake," Sango interjected. She turned to look back at Miroku who was trying to tune the little temper of Inuyasha out. "Are you staying awake as well?" Miroku smirked and nodded, with his eyes closed, facing away from her.


"I guess I have to," he stated. "I mean, Inuyasha is even more obnoxious than usual. He might fall asleep." Inuyasha clutch his fists, knuckles turning white.


"FEH!" Inuyasha crossed his arms and turned away from the group, and leaned against a tree. Shippou shook his head, and ran toward Kagome and her sleeping bag. Slipping in it, Shippou closed his eyes and drifted off into the lands of the dreams, along with Kagome, who was out already. Sango sighed.


"Good night Miroku." With that, Sango lied on the ground as well and drifted off into a sleep as Kirara curled up next to her. The minutes droned on as Miroku and Inuyasha sat and listened to the soft sounds of sleep from the four of them. Up high in the tree tops flashed a pair of eyes, and a third light from the half moon. The shadow moved from its perch.


Inuyasha's sensitive ears twitched as he heard a rustle of leaves above them. Eyes flashed up above them, scanning around. The scent, he couldn't tell what it was, but something was out there. [Maybe camping here wasn't the right choice. Way to go Kagome. ] Miroku noticed Inuyasha stir up above him. Miroku's eyes followed Inuyasha's, but he still saw nothing but a dark sky and trees. Miroku closed his eyes, feeling the slight amount of an ominous aura, but it left quickly.


"Probably just a petty demon," suggested Miroku. Inuyasha didn't reply to him, but instead stood up and circled looking up above them. The only thing that wasn't dark was the moon. But nothing was up there, at least what he thought he could see. He sniffed the air again. [Something or someone is definitely out there... ] "Inuyasha."


Continuing to look up at the darkness up above them. "I thought I heard something." Miroku stood up as well, and gave Inuyasha one of those "I-Know-That-Already" looks.


"We shouldn't wake Kagome, Sango, and Shippou," said Miroku. "It is gone." Inuyasha shook his head.


"No I can't pick up on a scent anymore," he stated. Miroku nodded, and sat back down in his original position. Inuyasha as well settled himself on to the ground. Sitting with his back against the tree again, his golden eyes kept scanning through the shadows for a sign of anything. His claw remained close to the Tetsusaiga, he wanted to be ready for anything.


"Inuyasha...." Snapping his head, Inuyasha heard the voice, a feminine voice. He narrowed his eyes as he looked for the container of the voice. Inuyasha looked towards Miroku for a second, but the monk remained unstirred. [He must not have heard that voice. But I did. I can't be delusional. No, I'll be just as bad as Kagome. Wait, he should have heard that. It was loud enough... ] "Inuyasha." The voice drowned on slowly and bounced off all the trees, making the location almost impossible to predict. Inuyasha gritted his teeth, and his claw jumped over towards his Tetsusaiga, grasping it, but remaining in its sheath. "Inuyasha, lets have a little fun..." Inuyasha stood up, his dog ears twitching again as to try and locate this voice.


"Did you hear something Inuyasha?" asked the monk, finally noticing the uneasiness flowing through Inuyasha.


"You want to battle? You want to taste blood?" asked the voice, echoing around him. Inuyasha looked around to find the voice, not even noticing Miroku talking to him. [How can I fight if I don't even know where you are? ] thought Inuyasha. He waited for the voice to talk again, but he didn't hear it again.


"Where are you!" he shouted, but not loud enough to wake any of them.


"Who the hell are you talking to?" asked Miroku, careful not to awake anyone. Inuyasha continued to mute out Miroku's voice, focusing on listening for the strange voice. [Has Inuyasha finally gone off the deep end? ]


"Just go straight dog boy," stated the voice. "And you'll get a fight, or death. Whichever you prefer."


"I'll play your stupid game," he replied, and ran off. Inuyasha headed straight into the dark woods, leaping between trees. Miroku jumped up holding out his hand.


"Inuyasha! Where are you going!" asked Miroku, getting annoyed that Inuyasha hadn't answered a single question of his. In a flash, Miroku didn't see Inuyasha anymore, as he was lost in the dark depths. Running swiftly, Inuyasha jumped over out grown roots, and dodged the looming low branches of the trees. Squeezing between them, he kept going, wondering who this voice was, and if it had anything to do with Naraku. Inuyasha was getting tired of running, it was boring, but he could feel the anxiety for a battle building inside of him.


"Where are you?!" he shouted out into the dark sky. All he got in return was a menacing laughter. Until Inuyasha saw a flashing pair of eyes in front of him. Sliding to a stop, Inuyasha panted slightly, but easily got his breath right back. "Are you ready?" The voice just continued to laugh lightly. "Who are you?" Only the laughter. "Are you one of Naraku's pawns?" Still the laughter. "WILL YOU ANSWER ME GOD DAMNIT!" Inuyasha rested his claws over Tetsusaiga, and then unsheathed the sword, transforming it, and held it up. "Come out of there and face me like a... whatever you are." The eyes flashed again in the shadows.


"If you wish." The figure stepped out of the shadows, soaking up whatever light that could be obtained and snatched away. Inuyasha expression looked questionably. He obviously had never seen this one before. He held Tetsusaiga tightly and readied himself for the battle against this stranger. [Who the hell is she? ]


----------------------------------------------------------------

< br> ACK! This is my first Inuyasha fan fiction! No flamers please... lemme know what you think? I would love your input!