InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"" = Speech

`' = Thoughts

Chapter 5--> The Truth

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----

They ran out of the village and over towards the woods. They saw no sign of Sakuya throughout the village or as they entered the woods. Inuyasha could smell the youkai perfectly, along with Sakuya, and ran down the path towards them. Kagome could sense the jewel shard getting closer and closer.

The woods appeared deeper than normal, and thicker than they remembered. It seemed like hours were passing as they continued to run after the never-found Sakuya.

'What is with that girl? How come I can't seem to catch up? ' wondered Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha, I sense an ominous cloud just ahead," stated Miroku.

"I smell it."

"I bet you it's that youkai that the guards were talking about," declared Sango.

"And it probably has Hiroki with it," said Kagome. "I hope Sakuya's OK. She might have encountered it already."

"She'll be fine," shortly replied Inuyasha. 'Stupid girl probably is going to make a bigger mess out of this situation than necessary.' Suddenly Inuyasha's sensitive ears picked up the shouting of a girl just ahead of them. And the sent of Sakuya was stronger. "Hang on Kagome." She gripped his red kimono tighter and Inuyasha picked up speed and leaped into the air. They soared for a minute, but they could clearly see that the entire area was covered in a large webbing mess.

"Spider webs!" stated Kagome.

"Here we go!" shouted Inuyasha as his momentum was dropping and so were they. Down into the webbing, Inuyasha carefully maneuvered around the sticky string that was about the thickness of a human leg. Kagome lowered herself to avoid the webs.

"Let him go!" they heard Sakuya shout.

"Stupid girl is going to get herself killed," declared Inuyasha.

"Well, we can't let that happen!" said Kagome. Inuyasha and Kagome made it through the clearing and noticed that majority of that area was too a large web. Above them, strung to the middle of one of the large spider webs was Hiroki. His wrists and ankles were wrapped in more of the sticky material. He was struggling in his bonds and crying out.

"Sakuya! Help me!" he shouted, tears streaming down his face. Kagome gasped when she looked at the little boy's wrists and noticed that the webbing was burning his skin slowly.

Sakuya stood in front of them, glancing up at the boy. She looked around; behind her was a large spider youkai with three heads. On each head was its own separate distinct coloring and its body was about the size of a hut. Sakuya's eyes caught a hold of the image of Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Get out of here, you fools!" she said. Inuyasha put down Kagome and started over towards her.

"You're the only fool here. Kagome, get the boy," said Inuyasha. Kagome nodded and tried to come up with a plan to get Hiroki without getting burned herself. Inuyasha made it next to Sakuya, who's glare was devious and full of hatred. "And I thought you would be happier to see me. So this is the youkai that took the stupid kid?"

"He's not stupid," hissed Sakuya. "Now stay out of my way."

"I personally don't care who I fight," said the middle head of the Spider, Oni-supaida. His other heads, Kumo and Amimono, looked hungrily at the group. Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara all joined the "party".

"Looks like we have more company," stated Amimono.

"No matter, I'm hungry enough to eat them all myself," chuckled Kumo. "What do you say, Oni-supaida?" The three heads continued their little conversation about who was going to eat whom. But as they continued this little argument, Sango, Miroku, Kagome, and Inuyasha looked dumb at them.

"They're kidding right?" asked Sango blandly.

Meanwhile Sakuya slowly started to slip around the large youkai, pulling the large stick out of her sash. Inuyasha eyed her, wondering what she was up to. As Sakuya made it around the youkai, she held the stick high. She took off at a fast run towards the demon, her long black hair streaming behind her. Inuyasha started to draw his Tetsusaiga just in case.

'I think she went off the deep end.'

"Die you damned scum!" shouted Sakuya leaping into the air, striking at the demon. Oni-supaida, Amimono, and Kumo all looked towards her.

"Where did you come from?" questioned Kumo. Sakuya was closing in towards the demon, and started her swing at them. The three heads opened their mouths and out shot the poisonous webbing. Sakuya's eyes flashed in surprise of this attack, and quickly started to spin her stick. The webbing shot around her and landed on the ground. She then struck Oni-supaida on the head. The youkai closed its eyes, and Sakuya was sent backwards. She flipped and landed on the ground. Looking back up, she seemed surprised to still see the spider youkai still alive.

"Lovely attempt my dear, but you want to kill your enemy on the first attack," stated Oni-supaida.

"Or else, they get even more pissed off than before!" finished Amimono. Sakuya growled at the comment. They shot their webbing at her again, but Sakuya quickly jumped away. She kept dodging the attacks, and started to draw the youkai farther away from the group and the boy.

"Hurry, you idiots!" shouted Sakuya as she struck again at the three heads. They all turned to see the pain-stricken Hiroki. Inuyasha drew out the Tetsusaiga out completely and turned towards the boy.

"Back off guys." They all eyed Inuyasha and did so. "WIND SCAR!" The attack hit the web that surrounded and trapped Hiroki. Slicing in half, the trap let go and the boy fell from the treetops. Kirara jumped and caught the boy, bringing him back down towards the others. Kagome and Sango carefully took Hiroki off of Kirara.

"You OK Hiroki?" asked Sango. Hiroki looked up at them wincing at the pain in his wrists, and slowly nodded.

"That was pretty risky!" shouted Kagome. Inuyasha, who now had the sword swung behind him, resting, almost fell over.

"I got the kid free didn't I!"

"But you could have missed and hit him instead!"

"I wouldn't have missed!"

"YOU COULD HAVE!"

"NO I WASN'T!"

"S--Sa--Sakuya... where is she?" asked Hiroki twitching in pain in Sango's arms. They all turned back and noticed Sakuya was still battling with the youkai.

"Stupid fool is going to get herself killed," mumbled Inuyasha.

"She's no fool." Inuyasha looked down at Hiroki.

"She told me once she battled a spider youkai. I'm sure that she knows how to kill it," stated Hiroki, still angry with Inuyasha for the earlier comments towards his favorite person in the world. Inuyasha looked back at Sakuya.

"Well she hasn't died," said Miroku.

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while," stated Inuyasha.

"Why do you hate her?" asked Hiroki. "Why are you so resentful towards Sakuya?" Inuyasha frowned and didn't answer the boy.

"INUYASHA!" shouted Sakuya. "GET THEM OUT OF HERE! THIS IS GOING TO GET MESSY!" She smirked and turned her attention back towards the youkai as another shot of poison string was shot at her, flipping out of the way. They all ran a bit deeper into the woods, but were still able to see the battle.

"I don't like this one bit," stated Inuyasha. Kagome put a hand on his shoulder.

"Give her a chance." Inuyasha frowned and continued to watch.

Sakuya ran circles around the three-headed youkai, close to its body, carefully running in between its legs, yet staying very close. The spider heads continued to shoot and follow Sakuya's path. Then she ran out and away from him.

"Gotcha now!" shouted Kumo. Sakuya glanced back and noticed the webbing almost at her. She used her stick as a poll vaulting stick and flipped away. She landed softly on the ground twenty feet away from the youkai. She turned around with a smirk on her face. Then she seemed possessed as she ran towards the demon, stick up. She did the same thing again and soared into the air towards the heads. They continued to shoot at her, but as she landed on Oni-supaida's head, the other two fired at her and she jumped away, hitting the middle head. Oni-supaida cried out in pain as his face started to burn away.

"I get it!" shouted Kagome.

"Great," said Inuyasha sarcastically.

"You have to give her some credit, it's a great plan!" stated Kagome. "Getting the heads to hit each other!" Inuyasha rolled his eyes.

"One swipe of my Wind Scar-"

"I told you she was good."

"Whatever."

Sakuya flipped and landed on the back of the youkai, just in the middle of the two heads. Sakuya smirked and waved her fingers towards them. Her blue eyes flashing in the moonlight as her plan was going great.

"You fucking bitc-"

"Names aren't nice," she said. "Come and get me big boy." Her voice was so sarcastic and in the tone of a temptress. The last two growled and both shot at her. "Fools!" Sakuya jumped up and off of its back as the two remaining heads got caught in each other's attack. They screamed in pain and the body fell to the ground silent. Sakuya landed a good ten feet away from the collapsed body, and placed the stick in the crook of her elbow and wiped her hands, her smile ever so clear in her victory. Sakuya slipped the weapon back into her sash and walked over towards the group, and towards Hiroki.

"You OK Hiroki?" she asked. The boy nodded. "What happened?"

"Well, that guy was saying mean stuff about you, and I got upset and wanted to get away from him," stated Hiroki, pointing out the fiery Inuyasha, who was now crossing his arms and facing away. Sakuya glared at him a second but then looked all cheerfully towards Hiroki.

"Who cares what he thinks," she whispered to him, knowing fully well that Inuyasha could hear her. "Never let his opinion or anyone else's make decisions for you." Hiroki nodded.

"I think we best be getting-"

"HIROKI!" shouted a voice. They all looked up and saw Taji and Taro coming. Accompanied by a whole army of men behind them. The brothers leaped off of their horses and ran towards the boy.

"What were you thinking?" asked Taji a bit harshly.

"I'm sorry."

"At least you're safe now. Come on, let's get those wrists bandaged," said Taji, picking up his little brother, and carrying him over towards the horse. Taro walked over towards Sakuya, and looked behind at the fallen youkai. He kept looking back and forth, making Sakuya blush. But then she pulled a necklace out of her kimono and ran towards Hiroki and Taji.

"Here, you dropped this," stated Sakuya, giving Hiroki back his shard. Inuyasha stood up in a protest.

"Hey! That's a piece of the Shikon no Tama there. Hand it over!" he shouted. Sakuya spun around and continued to glare at Inuyasha.

"Leave him alone," she said. Inuyasha glared back at her.

"Kagome, is that a real piece of the Jewel?" Kagome nodded.

"It is."

"Then give it to us."

"NO!" shouted Sakuya. "It is Hiroki's. And you'll have to get through me first." Taro stepped in front of them.

"And me." Inuyasha started to laugh in mockery at them.

"Looks like I finally get to have some fun tonight."

"Um, Inuyasha," stated Shippou, pulling down on his kimono.

"What is it?"

"I think we have some trouble," said the little kitsune, as the sun started to rise in the morning. They all glanced over and noticed that the youkai was stirring and finally escaped its own death. All three heads turned looking at each other, and then proceeded to apologize to one another. They glared at Sakuya.

"What kind of trick are you trying to pull, mortal?" Oni-supaida asked.

"Obviously you underestimated us," said Kumo.

"And now, you will pay!" shouted Amimono. Sakuya growled and then noticed the sunrise coming.

'Fuck, just what I need right now.'

Sakuya ran towards the demon taking her weapon out of her sash. Inuyasha ran after her, and they both made it towards the youkai.

"Like I'm going to let you handle this youkai again!" shouted Inuyasha. Sakuya leaped into the air, but turned to listen to Inuyasha. The three heads grinned and that was all they needed. Quickly firing, they hit Sakuya dead on.

"AH!"

"SAKUYA!" shouted Taro. She landed in a heap and continued to tumble away, completely covering in a new cocoon of deadly, poisonous string.

"Stay back Taro!" shouted Sakuya. She started to cringe at the pain that was overcoming her. And she glanced towards the horizon and saw the sun was up. 'Ah, fuck.' Inuyasha was ready to strike at the youkai, when suddenly he noticed strange impulses coming from Sakuya's cocoon of death. The three heads noticed it too.

"What's going on?" asked Inuyasha. Taro watched with a gapping mouth at Sakuya. The impulses stopped and the wind picked up harshly for a few seconds, until settling back to normal. Everyone shielded their eyes and faces from the leaves and debris flying at them. Then they all looked towards Sakuya. A light seemed to flash in the cocoon and then they heard a scream from inside. The webbing was sent flying off of her and into the treetops.

"WHAT!" shouted all three of the heads? She rose slowly, facing away from everyone. Her hair color was different; it was a deep mahogany with maroon-red stripes and tips. Her stick had transformed into a staff with a gem on the top and on top of her head were a strange pair of ears. The necklace of fangs started to glow an eerie shade of purple.

"I KNEW I'VE SMELT HER BEFORE!" declared Inuyasha. The girl turned around to face them. Her eyes were now a shade of gray, and she had a demonic slit in them. Just below her eyes was a pair of purple stripes, the same color as that of her eye make up. She looked over at them, and her gaze fell on towards Taro. It seemed at first that she was going to cry out, but instead, all she did was turn towards the demon and laugh.

"You fool. You think you could kill me so easily!" shouted the youkai. In her hands, which use to be the large wooden stick, was now a long black staff with a purplish glowing gem on top. Inuyasha growled. It was the youkai who had tried to take his Tetsusaiga the night before.

`Damn her!'

Youkai-Sakuya slammed the staff down towards the ground, digging it in a bit deep to the ground. The spider youkai just stared at her and then growled. The blood started to boil in the spider's veins as it rose up in a heat of anger.

"You are that damned youkai who killed our brother," shouted Oni-supaida. Sakuya smirked and shrugged, as if it was a mere joke to kill another. She just looked up at the demon and pretended to yawn in boredom.

"I guess I am," she said. "And he was easy enough to kill, you shouldn't cause too much more trouble for me or my Bakuryou. It's time to finish what I started! Shugyoku batsu!"

Sakuya held the staff, pointing it at the Oni-supaida, Kumo, and Amimono. The gem at the top started to glow a brilliant shade of purple and pink, and a large circle of light appeared in front of Sakuya. There was an electrical surge going through the circle, and it launched itself out at the youkai, catching him tightly in its grip. The youkai tried his best to struggle and get away from this attack, but Sakuya wasn't done with him. A pair of wings appeared out of no-where from her back, and she soared up into the sky, facing the three heads alone.

"Now, you die." Her eyes changed to the same color that her necklace and her gem were glowing, and a laser like light leap at the demon, and Sakuya directed it to slash right through the demon. The youkai died instantly as half of its body dissolved and fell like raindrops, the other half just fell to the ground, the horrible aroma of death encasing the area.

Sakuya landed softly to the ground, her eyes closed, head down, and her Bakuryou pointing away from everyone. They didn't now what to do, what to say. Poor Taro, he was so dumbfounded he was frozen in time. The dragon flashed her eyes open, still shining the same color as her necklace and hatred filled her expression.

"Inuyasha, it is your turn…"