InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paradox: The Power of Letting Go ❯ Reunited ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan Inc. and Viz Media.
Story and all original characters created are owned by me.
 
Disclaimer: There is adult content in this chapter with implied sexual situations. It's nothing explicit or graphic, but I thought I should warn you anyways.
 
 
 
Reunited
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
 
Yash growled low, “Hell, no. Kagome's mine.”
 
A feral gleam came into Yash's eyes. His face was half hidden in the shadows and an ominous aura pulsated around him. He gave the kitsune his trademark smirk and, without another word, he took off into the night to reclaim what was rightfully his.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Kagome ran.
 
She didn't know where she was going. She didn't care. All coherent thoughts flew out of her mind as she stumbled along, her body tormented by tears. InuYasha, how could you do this to me? How could you lie to me? Were you really so angry with me? I thought we still had a chance. I thought you still might love me.
 
She ran blindly until the smell of pine needles filled her senses. Stopping to gulp air into her lungs, she realized that she had entered a bonsai garden. She stood there for a few momentsher stomach tied in knots and her chest heavy with miseryuntil her knees buckled beneath her and she collapsed to the ground. She was crushed.
 
When she came back to Japan and saw InuYasha again, it was like a balm to her soul. It filled her with happiness and made her realize that for five long years she had only been going through the motions of daily life. She was alive, but she didn't live. As she shifted through her troubled thoughts, doubts began to creep into her mind. Was the past three weeks all a lie? She felt confused and betrayed, and she trembled as the enormity of the loss sunk her heart. Kagome hunched over, wrapped her arms around her stomach and rocked slightly on her knees.
 
This is how Kazuki found her. Approaching her wearily, he dropped to the ground in front of her. “Kagome…” For once Kazuki was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to say to his friend to make things right. He didn't even know if he had any words to do so. All he wanted to do was pull her into his arms, but, deep down, he knew that was not what she wanted or neededat least not from him. So he did the only thing he could, he kneeled in silence and supported her unconditionally.
 
In between her sobs, Kagome choked out, He lied to me, Kaz. He doesn't love me anymore.
 
InuYasha stood at the edge of the pathway watching the woman he loved weep. He silently berated himself. Why was he so blind? He was so consumed with jealousy that he couldn't see what his heart had been trying to tell him all along. Kagome and Kazuki were close and had a friendship that he envied, but why didn't he ever notice that something was missing? There was never any sexual tension between the two of themno spark that ignited when they touched. Because he had refused to see this, he had ended up hurting the only woman who ever meant anything to him.
 
Sensing his presence, Kazuki looked up and locked eyes with him.
 
Kagome was oblivious to the two hanyou. Her soft cries mixed in with the sound of the waterfall cascading down the moss covered boulders in the small pond.
 
InuYasha stood undecided. Kagome's continued weeping pulled at his heartstrings, and he didn't want to do anything that would upset her further.
 
Over the last month, a grudging respect had developed between the two hanyou, although neither one of them would ever admit it.
 
Kazuki stared at Yash. He could understand why Kagome loved the hanyou. He had for a while now, although he still gave Kagome a hard time about it, and God forbid he'd ever admit it to anyone. Yash handled situations the same way he lived his lifewith honour and integrity, and while he was a bad-tempered ass most of the time, he did earn everyone's respect and admiration, including Kazuki's.
 
Kagome was right; the bastard did having a caring heart. He had an innate sense of right and wrong, and a deep rooted sense of ethical morality that was so rare. He sought out justice for those that could not defend themselves. Kazuki saw it time and time again when he witnessed Yash come to the aid of his staff. That was why Kazuki was so damn mad at him when he didn't come to Kagome's aid when she was literally falling apart. He couldn't understand why Yash, who would help just about anyone, would not help the woman he presumably loved. Kazuki supposed that Yash had his reasons, and it wasn't for him to judge. No, Yash would have to answer to the weeping girl in front of him. And God help him if he didn't do it right.
 
Honour and integrity. Those were two things that Yash respected, and he saw it in abundance in the other hanyou. He liked Kazuki. Hell, under different circumstances, they could have even been friends. He could admit that much to himself. That was why he was so damn jealous in the first place. He knew Kazuki was honourable and respectable, that he was worthy to love and protect a woman like Kagome.
 
An internal struggle was battling inside of Yash. No matter how much he admired Kazuki, it didn't mean that he wouldn't fight him for Kagome's love. Now that his head was clear and he saw things for what they were, Yash would fight tooth and nail to get Kagome back.
 
He flexed his claws.
 
What seemed like an eternity, Kazuki finally stood up slowly. Not making a sound, he stealthily approached Yash, stopping directly in front of him. Under his breath, he said quietly, “Be good to her.” The or else was unmistakable in his tone.
 
Yash was relieved that he didn't have to fight Kazuki. After all, he didn't want to hurt the poor bastard. He gave a slight nod, but couldn't manage to hide the smirk widening on his face. Kazuki was still a self righteous prick.
 
Kazuki turned to leave. Glancing back one last time, he watched as Yash slowly approached Kagome and kneeled in front of her. He couldn't miss the love and yearning he saw on Yash's face as the hanyou tenderly placed his hand on her head. Kazuki sighed heavily to himself. If he truly loved Kagomeand he didthen he would have to let her go.
 
Sometimes it's not holding on that makes one strong, it's letting go. Kazuki Matsumoto turned and walked away. He was one of the strong ones.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Kagome whimpered when she felt her hair being gently caressed. “I just need to be alone now, Kaz, please, she whispered hollowly.
 
“Kagome…”
 
Kagome looked up with a start and stared at InuYasha with wide, tear-filled eyes. “InuYasha…,” she breathed.
 
They stared at each other, their hearts in their eyes. InuYasha reached out and lightly brushed her cheek with his fingers.
 
At his touch, Kagome closed her eyes and shivered. A slow burning warmth coursed through her body.
 
“Kagome, look at me, InuYasha whispered. When she opened her eyes, he apologized, “I'm sorry, Kagome. I never meant to hurt you. You have to believe me. I wouldn't do anything to intentionally cause you pain. I love you, Kagome. I've never stopped loving you.”
 
“InuYasha, Her breath caught in her throat as hope blossomed in her heart. “I love you, too.
 
Kagome was suddenly pulled into his arms and crushed against his chest. Burying his face into her hair, InuYasha inhaled her sweet fragrance. Oh Kami, she smelled so good, she felt so good.
 
She melted into his embrace. Hugging her hanyou with all of her might, she reveled in the feel of his strong arms around her.
 
“InuYasha, we need to talk about us and about everything that's happened,” she muffled into his shoulder.
 
InuYasha pulled back slightly to face her. His expression was determined as he leaned in, his lips a hair's breadth away from hers. “No, Kagome. We need to touch, he murmured before bringing his mouth down on hers.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
After a few heated moments they pulled apart, breaking the surface of the euphoria they were caught up in.
 
After almost a month of being under a fog the clouds broke away, dissolving the haze that had blinded them for so long. This time when they looked at one another, they could finally see the desire, the longing, the need, and the love.
 
Kagome curled a strand of his hair around her finger. “It's still as soft as I remembered. Looking up shyly she said, “I wanted so badly to touch you, to do this, ever since I saw you at the meeting.”
 
“And I wanted to do this, Yash said as he cradled her against his chest and lowered his head. He slowly traced her lips with the tip of his tongue, electing a husky moan from her. She parted her lips to allow him to deepen the kiss. He kissed her softly at first, then with urgency as he took what she offered.
 
As much as he wanted to make love to Kagome right there and then, Yash didn't think it was appropriate to do so under the trees, and especially not in Sesshomaru's garden. He broke off their kiss and took a deep breath.
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes, the smoky lust turning into a questioning gaze.
 
“Kagome.” InuYasha stared at her lips which were swollen and pink from his ministrations. Mentally shaking himself, he said, “We can't do this.” At her hurt look, he hurriedly assured her, “At least not yet.”
 
InuYasha glanced towards the direction of the house and, with reluctance, stood up. Holding out a hand, he said. “Come on, let's go.”
 
Without hesitation, Kagome wrapped her fingers in his and followed as he led her past the pond and to the edge of the trees. “Where are we going?”
 
“My house. I don't live far from here.” He stopped and crouched down in front of her. When there was no movement behind him, he looked around questioningly. “Well, are you going to get on or what?”
 
Kagome grinned at him, kicked off her black heels and slid onto his back. Her skirt rode up her thighs and barely covered her bottom as her knees hugged his sides. She giggled as InuYasha swallowed audibly before he slowly gripped her bare legs with his trembling hands. Hugging him around his neck, she whispered teasingly, “The faster we get there, the faster we can talk, and the faster we can… make up.”
 
InuYasha didn't have to be told twice and took off like a shot - Kagome's laughter ringing through the trees.
 
Kagome held onto him with her legs wrapped around his waist, her arms wrapped around his neck, and her heart wrapped around his soul.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
“Dammit, InuYasha, will you stop stalking me?” Kagome laughed as she gripped her sides.
 
“I will if you would just stop moving.”
 
Fifteen minutes after leaving Sesshomaru's place, they had arrived in a small forest clearing. The whitewashed stone exterior of a contemporary zen house materialized in the moonlight.
 
Kagome had slipped off of InuYasha's back and stood in awe at the simplistic, but intriguingly beautiful house. Before she could remark on it, InuYasha had taken her hand and pulled her through the mahogany doors. As soon as they had entered he had reached for her, but she quickly side-stepped his advances. Now, five minutes later, she found herself being relentlessly pursued by a very virile hanyou.
 
“I thought we were going to talk?”
 
“I changed my mind.”
 
Kagome shot him an apprehensive look before she darted behind the white leather sofa. “We have to talk.”
 
“So talk.” InuYasha prowled around the sofa with a predatory gleam in his eyes. He watched as Kagome went the opposite direction, keeping the sofa as a wall between them. He could have easily jumped over the furniture and caught Kagome in a heartbeat, but where was the fun in that?
 
She was so skittish as she stood there panting slightly, trying to anticipate his next move. A slight sheen of sweat glistened on her collarbone before dipping in between her heaving breasts. Her hair was curled loosely around her shoulders, framing her flushed cheeks. InuYasha stared at her slightly parted lips. They were such damn, kissable lips, just waiting for someone to kiss them senseless — waiting for him to kiss them senseless. She was damn sexy, and she was his.
 
He inched closer, his youkai straining to be let loose. He was a predator stalking his prey. His voice was low and guttural as he asked, “Do you know how long I've waited for this?”
 
Kagome laughed nervously. “500 years?”
 
A deep, throaty chuckle was her only response.
 
Kagome gulped and her resolve weakened with every passing second. All she wanted to do was to touch him, to love him — but she had to get him to see reason before she, too, fell into the bliss of a physical reunion. She gnawed her lower lip as she edged past the table, taking note of the way the furry, white ears were flickering in irritation on the top of his head. Kami, he's losing patience. It was now or never.
 
“InuYasha,” Kagome began hesitantly. “If you still loved me all this time, why didn't you tell me?”
 
The hanyou stopped his predatory stance. Shit, she did want to talk first. Fuck. Oh shit, better not think along those lines.
 
Straightening up, he looked directly into her eyes and told the truth. “I thought that you loved Kazuki and that you were going to marry him. I didn't want to stand in your way of happiness.”
 
Kagome stared at him, aghast. He did believe the rumors.
 
InuYasha squirmed under Kagome's scrutinizing stare as she remained silent. All his oversexed thoughts went out the window as his eyes locked on hers. His heart thudded painfully in his chest as he licked his dry lips waiting, desperately waiting, for her to correct his assumptions. He couldn't move, frozen in place waiting for her response.
 
“Well, I do love Kaz…” Kagome began slowly.
 
InuYasha felt his whole world drop out from underneath him as the breath constricted in his body.
 
“… but only as a friend. He's like a brother to me.”
 
InuYasha expelled his breath as his heart started pumping again with this latest admission. She's going to pay for that one, he thought perversely.
 
Staring intently at the hanyou, Kagome said, “And no, Kaz and I are not getting married. That was just an awful rumor started by a horrible person. I can't believe you thought that she was telling the truth.” She bristled at the fact.
 
“Ah…” Shit. He didn't like the look on her face. He knew that look.
 
Kagome continued on, her calm voice belying the temper that was ready to explode beneath the surface. “Why would you think that Kazuki and I were more than friends?”
 
InuYasha sighed. It was time for the truth — at least part of it.
 
“I came through the well and saw you sitting with him up in the Goshinboku tree. You two looked pretty cozy to me.” InuYasha finished somewhat heatedly. He didn't like remembering what he saw.
 
“Up in the Goshin —” Confusion and anger dissipated as realization dawned on Kagome. “InuYasha,” Kagome broached carefully, “I was up in the tree with Kaz, but we were just talking. I was upset, and Kaz was just offering me his comfort and friendship. Do you know what we were talking about?”
 
InuYasha looked away, but not before she caught the strickened look in his eyes. He folded his arms and wouldn't look at her.
 
“We were talking about you.”
 
He whipped his head back incredulously. “Me?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Yes, you. I was telling him about how much I missed you. I was planning to go through the well to see you again. I was bouncing ideas off Kaz, and he was helping me come to grips with my decision.”
 
“Then why is he always touching you and,” he narrowed his eyes at her, “you let him.” InuYasha knew by now that Kagome only thought of Kazuki as a friend, but he needed to hear it from her own lips.
 
Kagome blew out her breath. “I didn't realize that we were giving off the wrong impression. Kaz is just a naturally touchy feely type of person. I guess after being around him for so many years it just rubbed off on me too.” She shook her head ruefully. “Quite honestly, I don't even notice anymore when he does it. He's my friend,” she reiterated, “nothing more.”
 
He gave her a calculated look as he took in her flushed face. “Are we done talking now?”
 
Kagome stopped, indecisive, her pulse beating erratically.
 
InuYasha took that as a `yes'.
 
He pounced.
 
In that split moment right before he reached her, Kagome decided to be caught.
 
After 500 years, the hanyou finally reclaimed what was rightfully his.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Dawn was breaking out, chasing the night shadows away as the drapes fluttered gently in the air. Kagome Higurashi was warm, inside and out, as the morning light peeked through the horizon. A slight breeze danced through the open window, gently caressing her bare body.
 
She was draped lazily over InuYasha, her dark tresses cascading over them like a curtain. She was idly tracing patterns on his wash-board stomach as he gently stroked her back. Wrapped in the afterglow of love making, Kagome didn't want to break the tranquility they were currently engaged in, but there was something she had to say — things she had to explain. “InuYasha…”
 
“Hmmm…”
 
“You know, when I first took the job —”
 
“It's okay, Kagome,” InuYasha interrupted. “I told you, I read the files. I know why you took it.”
 
Kagome curled her fingers on his chest and bit her lower lip. “I need to explain, so just hear me out, okay?”
 
InuYasha cupped the back of her neck, holding her against his chest. “Okay,” he murmured before he placed a chaste kiss on her head.
 
“When Takumi first offered me the job, I said no. I didn't — I didn't want to leave you. I said no at first, but then — then Takumi showed me the project that they were working on. All those babies with primary immune deficiency diseases… There were so many life-threatening infections and debilitating disorders… There were cases — so many cases — of infant hanyou deaths.” Kagome paused and licked her dry lips. The percentage was so high… all those babies, all those families torn apart… If I had stayedif we had a baby… Kagome drew a deep breath as tears threatened to blur her vision. “It c-co-could have b-been u-us.”
 
Sadness radiated off Kagome's slender frame and engulfed InuYasha in its grief. He felt her tears trail onto his chest as her body heaved against his.
 
InuYasha closed his eyes and tightened his arms around her. “Don't cry, Kagome. You know I can't stand it when you cry. It's okay. It'll be okay.” He held her and whispered reassurances in her ear until she got her emotions under control and her breathing became even again.
 
Gently disentangling her limbs from his, Kagome pushed herself onto her elbows and looked down at InuYasha through tear-filled eyes. “I'm sorry, InuYasha. I'm sorry for not trusting you enough to tell you the truth — for moving away and never explaining why I did it. I'm so sorry for hurting you.”
 
Reaching up, he cupped her face and gently stroked her cheek with his thumb. “It's okay, Kagome. All the hard work you've done and everything that you've accomplished has saved so many lives. You've helped so many families. I'm so proud of you.”
 
“But it cost us so much. I'm sorry for the way things turned out. If I could change things
 
InuYasha leaned up and captured her mouth in his, effectively stopping her words.
 
“Would you?” He asked a minute later.
 
“Huh?” Kagome looked at him, desire replacing the tears in her eyes.
 
Chuckling lightly, InuYasha slowly raked his hand through her hair. “Would you change this?” Not waiting for her to answer, he continued, his voice rough with emotion, “Kagome, I'm a better man for you now than I was then. You can't change the past. I wouldn't want you to. We had to let each other go and find our own paths. We had to lead our own lives. We're both older now and we're in a better place. Now that our paths have crossed again, we can have a life together.”
 
Never in her wildest dreams did Kagome imagine that, yes, she could have it allthe best of both worlds.
 
He gave her a sardonic grin. “It's my fault, you know. I'm so sorry for so many things, Kagome. I'm sorry for not believing in you and for giving you that ultimatum in the first place. I tried to make you choose because I didn't understand. It was my damn pride talking. Then I was such a fool and believed things that I shouldn't have. I'm a baka.”
 
Lightly tracing the outline of his mouth with her fingers, Kagome gave him a sweet smile. “Yes, InuYasha, you are a baka, but you're my baka,” she said before she gently replaced her fingertips with her lips.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
You weren't really jealous of Kaz, were you?
 
“Dammit, Kagome, do you really have to mention that bastard's name in bed?”
 
Looking coyly at him, she lightly traced her fingers along his chest. He grasped her hand before it reached his ticklish side.
 
Smiling playfully at him, she teased, “InuYasha, I can't believe you thought the rumors were true.
 
“Keh.”
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome waited until he looked at her. “You do know that you have nothing to be jealous about, right?”
 
She looked so earnest that he had to smile. “I know.”
 
A mischievous glint came into Kagome's eyes as she straightened up and put her palm against the beat of his heart. “Do you know what everyone says about you?”
 
At InuYasha's blank look, Kagome said saucily, “They say that Yash Takahashi is quite the catch. Devilishly handsome and business savvy, he's got rugged charm and so much sex appeal that it would drive even Aphrodite mad with lust.
 
She trailed her finger along his collar bone, stopping to lightly trace the rosary warm against his skin. Looking up, she gave him a sultry smile. “And do you know what I think?” She waited until he shook his head before leaning in close to whisper against his lips, “I think that they're right.”
 
InuYasha held her gaze for several long moments. Then he slowly reached up to bury his hand into her hair and held her in place as his tongue snaked out and skimmed her bottom lip. He caught Kagome's groan in his mouth. He parted her lips and gently pulled at her tongue, lightly teasing and sucking.
 
He moved to slide Kagome beneath him, his hair draped over her naked body like a silver waterfall.
 
She whimpered below him as he trailed sensuous nips along her jaw line and stopped to whisper huskily in her ear, “Drive Aphrodite mad with lust, huh?” before he teased her with a flick of his tongue.
 
Her skin was hot against his mouth, and Kagome moaned as she reached up and fondled his ears, sliding her fingertips up and down the silky appendages with slow, sensual movements.
 
His body was hard and solid against hers as scorching heat threatened to engulf the both of them.
 
She released his ears and, fisting her hands into his hair, she pulled him up so that his face was centimeters away from hers. “You drive me mad with lust.” Her low, seductive laugh was cut short as InuYasha's mouth molded against hers in a fierce, hungry kiss.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
The phone rang.
 
Jerking with a start, Kagome woke up and looked out the window at the sunlight streaming into the room.
 
“Kami! I didn't realize how late it was. I need to call Kaz.” Kagome moved up off of InuYasha and started to rise. She didn't get very far as she was suddenly grabbed and flipped onto her back with a very naked and sexy hanyou straddling her hips, effectively pinning her body to the bed.
 
Taking her hands, he laced his fingers through hers and raised their arms over her head. He leaned down until his nose touched hers. With his breath hot on her lips, he growled, “Fuck Kaz.”
 
At Kagome's cheeky grin, he quickly amended, “I didn't mean literally.”
 
“Oh,” she purred seductively up at him, a wicked gleam in her eye.
 
She arched her back — producing a groan from the hanyou — before lifting her hips slightly to grind against his pelvis.
 
He locked his mouth on hers, demanding that she part her lips for him. She complied, her breath coming in short raspy pants as he ravished her mouth with relentless passion.
 
When InuYasha moved his mouth to suck the hollow at the base of her throat, she breathed out, “Then who should I fuck?”
 
He gave her a low, possessive growl as he lifted his head up. His eyes were hooded and his voice was low and throaty as he leered down at her. “I'll show you.”
 
Leaning in, his breath hot and heavy on her collarbone, he proceeded to do just that.
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
“Why didn't you tell me about the butterfly youkai?”
 
InuYasha didn't answer. Instead, he pulled Kagome against him, spooning her back against his chest. Holding her warm body to his, he nuzzled her neck.
 
“In-InuYasha… don't distract me.”
 
Her only answer was a claw languorously trailing up her thigh, leaving goose bumps in its wake before stopping on her bare stomach to draw slow, idle circles. Tingling sensations coursed through Kagome as she arched her spine against him, her body tense with desire.
 
A low chuckle sounded in her ear as the husky voice purred, “Is it working?”
 
“N-n-no.”
 
“Liar.”
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Kagome pushed herself into a sitting position and made sure that she was out of arm's reach before she blurted out, “Butterfly youkai.”
 
InuYasha sighed. Persistent little thing, wasn't she? He moved and watched with amusement as Kagome scampered to the edge of the bed. What did she think he was going to do? Distract her again? Hmmm… not a bad idea. He grinned.
 
“Okay, stopping grinning like you're going to eat me.”
 
“What if I said I was?” He got onto his knees with his weight on his hands. He watched her through his fall of bangs — his muscles tensed, ready to spring at her.
 
“InuYasha….”
 
If she had been able to see his eyes though the silver veil, she would have been prepared when he suddenly sprang at her.
 
“Ackkkkk!”
 
Kagome found herself sitting on his lap, straddling his hips with her arms pinned to her sides.
 
“No fair, InuYasha. You play dirty.”
 
She could practically feel his leer as he said, “You want dirty? I'll show you dirty.” He teased her as he dipped his head and sensuously licked her neck.
 
“You were going to tell me, right?”
 
The hanyou stilled. No.
 
“InuYasha?” she asked tentatively when he didn't move.
 
Lifting up his head, he blew the bangs out of his face. “I meant to tell you. In the beginning…”
 
“Why didn't you?”
 
Shit. What do I say? “Because, having you back in my life and seeing you every day again, I liked it. I was… just being stupid. My judgment was clouded, and as the days went by, well, it got harder to tell you.”
 
He sighed and rested his forehead against hers, his breath tickling her face. “I'm sorry, Kagome. I wasn't trying to sabotage the project. I did tell Sesshomaru about it. That's why he invited you to dinner. You got the hint though, isn't that what counts?”
 
“Hmmm… So you were indirectly responsible for me seeing the light?”
 
“Ah…. sure?”
 
Kagome's giggle turned into a breathless moan as InuYasha lowered his head and grazed his fangs gently across her breast.
 
“Ah…. I-I can't think with you doing that.”
 
“That's the point,” he murmured against her skin.
 
“Kami, InuYasha. You're not going to talk about this, are you?”
 
The hanyou stopped and looked up. His eyes skimmed over her face before he slid his gaze away. “There are things I can't say right now, Kagome. You just have to trust me.”
 
“I always trust you.”
 
A shadow crossed his face as he turned and looked directly into her eyes. “I-I don't want you to hate me.”
 
Reaching up, she soothed away the hair from his face and cupped his cheek lovingly. “I love you, InuYasha. I could never hate you.”
 
He leaned into her touch, warm and inviting on his skin. His expression was serious and his eyes unreadable as he said softly, “Kagome. Forgive me.”
 
Kagome planted light, feathery kisses — butterfly kisses — all over his face, soothingly, lovingly. “InuYasha, I'd forgive you anything.”
 
 
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Hours later, Kagome awoke to moonlight flooding the bedroom. She listened to the slow, steady pulse vibrating against her cheek as she lay in the protective arms of the man she loved — pressed against his heart.