InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passion ❯ The decision ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This story is the sequel to 50 years of Hatred.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters, although I hope that one day I might. (Of course I have to dream about something everyone else wants…)

Chapter 1 The Decision

Outside of the village of Kaede

After Kagome and Inuyasha got married, things went back normal. They continued on their quest to find the jewel shards and to defeat Naraku once in for all. The only real difference was that everyone's relationships changed. Once and a while when Kagome and Inuyasha were alone at night they would…(cough, cough, if you know what I mean) and when Miroku groped Sango she would slap him but then said, "wait till later." But besides that, they continued to kill demons and travel to different villages in need, even if Miroku rather stay with Sango…alone…and undressed. Kagome was now forced to stay in the feudal era, since she now how a husband and was starting a new life as an adult. Three weeks after getting married and staying away from the well, Kagome decided to return to the present for one last time and say good-bye forever, even if it hurt their feelings and Kagome's, but she knew she had to do it sometime. Finally Kagome made up her mind to go today, but she thought she should tell Inuyasha first. Once she did he agreed that she should go, but wouldn't let her go alone.

"Kagome!" He said with his ears twitching in anger and frustration, "I don't want you to go alone, it's too dangerous. I need to go with you!"

Kagome however, was not angered by this debate and spoke in a calm gentle voice, "come on, Inuyasha!" she said, "I'll bring my bow, and besides, I don't think there are many demons lurking around my back yard or anything. So how can it be dangerous?"

Inuyasha didn't know how to answer. He felt something inside him, like an instinct like she shouldn't go or something bad would happen…Inuyasha looked at Kagome's eyes and saw that she desperately wanted to go alone. Inuyasha considered it and finally decided. He would let her go, but would follow her once she was out of sight.

"Fine!" Inuyasha said turning his head, thinking of a plan to follow her with out her noticing, "but don't take long." He added turning back to her, "be back by sunset." It was already 2 p.m. Kagome smiled and nodded and was about to head toward the well when…

"Kagome!" a voice called from across the village behind them. Kagome and Inuyasha turned to see who it was when they caught sight of a tan colored fuzzy tail. It was Shippo. After 30 seconds, Shippo reached them and he jumped on Kagome's shoulder gasping for air saying, "wait…Kagome…can I go…to the well…with you?" Kagome started to laugh and Inuyasha frowned.

"No!" he said to Shippo's sweaty face, "if I can't go, you can't!" Shippo looked disappointed and was about to say, "why not?" but Kagome cut him off by saying, "of course Shippo, you can come with me. I need some company." Shippo jumped with joy and said, "Alright!" but Inuyasha however, didn't like what he was hearing.

"What the hell!" Inuyasha said angered again, "If he can go, then why can't I?"

Kagome looked surprised at Inuyasha's reaction, but simply just said, "sit."

"Argh!" Inuyasha grunted as he fell to the ground face first, "damn it1" he mumbled in the dirt. Kagome giggled and said in a sly way, "if you go, you'd just be tempted to follow me down the well so…Bye!" and she left, with Shippo on her shoulder waving good-bye to Inuyasha was trying to get up.

"Idiot." Inuyasha whispered, limping back to Kaede's hut, which was across the village.

Forest (on the way to the well)

It took about 5 minutes to get to the well, during which Kagome and Shippo discussed a few things.

"Shippo?" Kagome asked the kitsune sitting on her shoulder.

Shippo looked at Kagome and replied, "What is it?"

Kagome looked up at the sky and said, "do you really think Inuyasha is still in love with me?"

Shippo thought for a moment, then said in a 100% sure voice, "Of course! Why would you think otherwise?"

Kagome didn't know how to tell him, so decided to change the subject, "Shippo? How did you know I was going to the well anyway?"

Shippo blushed and said, "I was eavesdropping…"

Kagome was confused, "How? I thought you were at Kaede's."

Shippo looked uncomfortable, "used one of my fox tricks…"

"Oh!" Kagome exclaimed, "I didn't know you could do that…"she got lost in though, in fact, she got so lost that she didn't see a giant root on the ground and she tripped over it, falling to the ground. Kagome landed right on a big rock and fell with a thud.

Shippo jumped off Kagome as she fell and he yelled, "Kagome!" but too late, she hit her head right on a big rock and she became unconscious. "Kagome!" Shippo called again, standing next to her head. Shippo thought he saw something and he took a better look. He gasped. It was blood; the rock must have broken Kagome's skull when she fell. Shippo started to panic and he ran around in circles not knowing what to do. The sun was starting to fall behind some clouds and the forest was getting darker. Finally after what seemed like hours, Shippo got an idea. He'd go tell Inuyasha! Shippo took one last look at Kagome and ran back to the village.

Kaede's hut

Inuyasha sat on the floor in Kaede's hut, staring moodily into the flames of the fire that was blazing in the middle of the room. His mind kept going to Kagome and the bad feeling he had earlier. Sango and Miroku sat in one corner of the room talking to each other, rather close. It looked like Miroku was trying to kiss Sango and Sango was trying to back away.

"Sango!" Miroku said for the millionth time, "Why not tonight?"

Inuyasha looked up with a smirk and saw Sango turn her head away from the monk saying, "I'm not in the mood! I keep telling you!"

Miroku just shook his head and said in a quiet voice, "maybe I should have married Kagome…"

Inuyasha heard him and got up and smacked him over the head with the tetsusaiga sheath. Miroku got a giant bump on his head and said, "ow…" Sango started to laugh and so did Kaede who was now tending to the fire. Then suddenly, a voice was heard clearly over the crackle of the flames. It was Shippo's and he was yelling, "INUYASHA!" Inuyasha jumped up quickly and ran outside to Shippo who was panting lying on the ground. Shippo jumped up when he heard Inuyasha approach.

"Inuyasha!" Shippo cried, jumping on Inuyasha's shoulder, "it's Kagome! She's hurt and won't wake up?"

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled panicked and hurried to the path where Kagome was.

Forest Path (Kagome)

On the way to the forest Shippo explained to Inuyasha what had happened and that it had nothing to do with demons. Inuyasha listened to him, but really his mind was on Kagome. He knew she shouldn't have gone alone. Finally after running for about 3 minutes they got to the place where Kagome had fallen. Inuyasha slowed to stop and Shippo jumped off Inuyasha to go see Kagome.

"Kagome!" Shippo cried, trying to wake up Kagome, but still she slept.

Inuyasha rushed to her side and said, "Kagome?" really loud. Still Kagome stayed asleep. Inuyasha picked up Kagome's head in his lap and looked at her face. Kagome's face was covered in blood and sweat. Inuyasha tensed. This wasn't just from the fall, it was from something else…

"Inu…yasha?" Kagome whispered through her sleep. Her eyes began to flutter and they opened, looking confused when she saw Inuyasha over her.

"Kagome? Are you alright?" Inuyasha asked her gently. Shippo looked close at Kagome scared; he also knew that it wasn't just the fall that made her bleed. Shippo took his eyes off of Kagome and looked at the ground for any signs of a demon or of a human. He saw nothing. Shippo suddenly gasped. They root was gone! Where had that giant root gone? Inuyasha looked at Shippo's shocked face and said, "what's wrong?" Shippo looked at Inuyasha's face and said in a shaky voice, "the root that Kagome had tripped on is gone!" Inuyasha looked just as shocked as Shippo felt, "What?" he asked confused. Shippo just shook his head and looked at Kagome who was trying to get up.

"What's going on?" she said confused, "why are you here Inuyasha?" Kagome's vision kept going in and out of focus as she spoke.

"Kagome, don't you remember that you fell because you tripped on a root in the middle of the path?" Shippo asked, "but it seems to have left."

Inuyasha just stared at Kagome's confused expression and thought what's with this root? Why did it hurt Kagome?

Inuyasha finally snapped back to reality, "Kagome!" he said, "you need to hurry and get your wounds dressed, you're bleeding very badly!"

Kagome nodded, but stopped right away. Her head hurt more and more as time went on. Inuyasha picked up Kagome in his arms and was about to take her back to the village when Kagome made a sound. Inuyasha stopped and looked down at Kagome with a perplexed look.

"Inuyasha? Can you take me to my house in the present?" Kagome asked in a weak voice. Inuyasha really didn't want to take Kagome down the well, but it seemed he had no other options. He didn't want to argue with Kagome now.

"Okay." Inuyasha said, turning around so he faced the well instead of the village, "I'll take you for one last time." And he took off, leaving Shippo behind in his dust saying, "what about me?"

Kaede's hut

Sango and Miroku lay fast asleep on the floor of Kaede's hut. Miroku snoring in his sleep and Sango talking in her sleep. She kept saying, "not tonight. I SAID NOT TONIGHT!" Kaede was no where to be seen. She must have been visiting a fellow villager. Suddenly Miroku got up. He sat up and stretched. He wondered what had woken him up so unexpectedly. Miroku looked beside him where Sango slept. He looked at her for a moment then had an idea. He crept over to Sango, then with his hand he…

"MIROKU!" Sango exclaimed, waking up. She sat up really fast and looked at Miroku with fire in her eyes. "I told you not tonight!" She stared Miroku down till he backed away against the wall. Once satisfied, Sango went back to sleep. Miroku was about to join her when Sango spoke, "don't even think about it monk. You don't seem to understand the word `no'." Miroku dropped his head in shame. He should have remembered the advice that Inuyasha had given him a few months ago. `Don't be so perverted' the word jumped around in his mind. Damn Miroku thought, it's much harder to be a husband than I thought…

"Miroku! Sango!" Shippo cried from outside, running in through the door all panicky.

Sango sat up and rubbed her eyes. Miroku ran to Shippo and bent over to talk to him. "What is it Shippo? Did something happen?"

Shippo was slowly getting his breath back. "Yeah!" Shippo explained, "When me and Kagome were on our way to the well, Kagome tripped over a root, and she fell unconscious!"

Sango got up and walked to Shippo and Miroku, "is Kagome okay?" she asked.

"I think so...," Shippo said in thought, "Inuyasha came to help her and now they're on their way to the well so Kagome can go home for one last time."

"Well," Miroku said, "if Inuyasha is with her than we have nothing to worry about. Inuyasha will never let anything bad happen to Kagome…" the words echoed throughout the hut and gave them an eerie feeling. Inuyasha will never let anything bad happen to Kagome…

The present

Inuyasha hurriedly took Kagome up and out of the well. The more time that passed by, the more pain that Kagome was in. Inuyasha silently hoped in his mind that Kagome would be fine, he knew she should have followed her, that was his plan all along, but he had to change his mind at the last second…

Inuyasha burst through the door of Kagome's house and quickly ran to Kagome's room ignoring Kagome's grandfather who was trying to say hello. Inuyasha put Kagome down gently on her bed and looked at her. The blood on her face was drying. Inuyasha jumped and turned around when he heard a noise behind him. It was Buyo, Kagome's cat.

"MeOw!" Buyo said rubbing against Inuyasha's legs. Stupid cat, Inuyasha thought.

"Hi Inuyasha!" A voice sounded from the hallway. Inuyasha looked to see whom it was and saw Sota. Oh no…Inuyasha thought. "What's wrong with Kagome?" Sota asked Inuyasha, who was slowly walking into the room, as if afraid of what he might find.

Inuyasha decided to answer, but when he was about to Kagome's grandfather cut him off from the hallway behind Sota, "Hi Inuyasha! What's the rush?" he looked into the room and caught sight of Kagome then immediately panicked. "KAGOME!" he exclaimed running into the room, "what's wrong with her?" he asked Inuyasha aggressively, "we haven't seen her for 3 weeks! Now when she has finally returned you bring her in the brink of death!" He was totally out of it now. He just kept on going and going. Soon Inuyasha and even Sota were ignoring him. After about 2 minutes Kagome's grandfather stopped and looked at Inuyasha expectantly.

"Kagome tripped over a root in the forest, that's all." Inuyasha finally explained.

Kagome's grandfather wasn't satisfied with that answer, "but where did all that blood come from?"

Grrr! Inuyasha thought frustrated. "HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW? HUH?"

That shut up grandpa, "oh!" he said. He backed out of the room slowly as if afraid Inuyasha would suddenly attack him with his claws. Kagome's grandpa ran out of the room suddenly yelling out, "help! Help! Murderer!"

What's his problem…? Inuyasha thought confused and slightly mad. Sota just stood there scared wondering what to do, finally he said, "I have to go pee." And he ran out of the room holding on to his pants.

"Whatever…" Inuyasha mumbled, and turned back to Kagome who was now sitting up on the bed with her eyes wide open. She looked up at Inuyasha's face and said, "What was that about?" Inuyasha just shook his head, and asked, "are you okay Kagome? How do you feel?" Kagome thought a moment and said, "I feel fine, the pain is completely gone…" That's strange Inuyasha thought, a moment ago Kagome was in severe pain…what was that root?

"Inuyasha?" Kagome said cutting through Inuyasha's thoughts, "something wrong?" Inuyasha debated whether he should tell her, than decided against it. Inuyasha shook his head and said, "why would you think that Kagome?"

Kagome didn't answer, but got up and started to walk out of the room. Before Kagome turned the corner she said, "don't follow me Inuyasha. I want to tell my family on my own…wait for me at the well, won't you?" and she left, leaving Inuyasha with his own confused thoughts. A moment went by and Inuyasha shook his head then jumped out of the window and headed for the well.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

"Grandpa?" Kagome said to her grandfather who was sitting at the table, "I have to tell you something"

Kagome's grandfather had calmed down and was now eating ramen by the bowlful, he wouldn't stop eating it. After a while and Kagome's grandfather stopped eating, "Yes Kagome? What is it that you want to tell me?"

Kagome had to find the right words so she said, "grandpa, will you tell Sota and mom this too, once I'm gone?"

Kagome's grandfather looked confused, "gone? What do you mean `gone'?"

Kagome shook her head and said, "grandpa…I'm married to Inuyasha now. So that means, I'll never return here again. I'm starting a new life now. Is that okay?"

Kagome's grandfather looked beyond shock, he was choking on his spit, "WHAT? YOU'ER MARRIED AND DIDN'T TELL ME?" Kagome's grandfather was on the verge of a heart attack. Kagome looked scared and said, "calm down. You know Inuyasha, there's nothing to worry about…" Kagome's grandfather started to eat ramen again and wouldn't say a word no matter what Kagome said or did.

Kagome was getting agitated, "Grandpa!" she said, "come on! I'm 19! Sheesh! I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions!" and with that said, Kagome got up from her chair and walked to the door for the final time, "bye grandpa, I love you and I love Sota and mom and Buyo. Please tell them for me." Her grandpa wasn't listening, he just kept eating ramen. He just couldn't except the fact that Kagome was grown up now…

Kagome took one last look back, then left, never to return again…

The well

Inuyasha leaned against the wall of the Higurashi shrine, waiting impatiently for Kagome to return. At last the sun set and footsteps were heard approaching. It was Kagome and she had a very glum expression on her face. Inuyasha walked up to her and said, "how'd they take it?" Inuyasha knew he didn't have to ask, he knew just by looking at Kagome's face. Kagome looked at Inuyasha and said, "They couldn't except it, or should I say, my grandfather couldn't except it…" Kagome was on the verge of tears. Suddenly, Kagome felt strong arms embrace her. Inuyasha held on to her, tying to comfort her. Kagome smiled, she knew he would always be by her side. Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and said, "let's leave now. I bet Shippo is panicking as we speak." Inuyasha smiled too and said, "alright." Inuyasha started to walk toward the well when he suddenly got an idea, "I know Kagome!" he said happily, "we should go on a honeymoon!" Kagome drew back and thought, A honeymoon, why so suddenly?

I hope you like it!! It took me at least 5 hours to type, and my brother kept bothering me while I typed. Please review!!!