InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passion ❯ The Honeymoon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please review! Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: I still don't own Inuyasha…~sigh~

Chapter 2 The Honeymoon

Kaede's Hut/ night

"Inuyasha?" Shippo asked sitting up from his place on the floor inside Kaede's hut. Night had fallen and when Inuyasha and Kagome returned from the bone-eaters well, they found everyone was fast asleep, but now it seemed that Shippo had something on his mind and couldn't sleep any longer. In the corner of the room slept Sango and Miroku. At last after an hour of yelling and bickering, their quarrel finally ended and Sango forgave Miroku, reluctantly. Shippo was the one who ended their dispute. After listening to them for what seemed like years, he ultimately got the courage and screamed, "SHUT UP!" at the top of his lungs, making Sango and Miroku stop their madness. Inuyasha sat near them with his back leaning against the wall with his tetsusaiga across his chest as usual. Kagome lay asleep next to him on his right. The moment she and Inuyasha arrived, she immediately fell into repose. Inuyasha's eyes were tightly closed, though still he was not asleep. He sat alert and weary, waiting for danger if it were to come. Be that as it may, however, once Shippo spoke Inuyasha's eyes snapped open, revealing his glowing amber eyes in the dark.

"What is it, Shippo?" Inuyasha asked him quietly, trying not to wake the others.

Shippo slowly and peacefully got up and walked to Inuyasha and sat on his lap looking up at him. Inuyasha looked back down at Shippo. Shippo had a look on his face that said he was concentrating hard on something; he was contemplating his thoughts. About two shakes of a lamb tail later, Shippo spoke,

"Inuyasha? Did you know that Kagome is having doubts about you and her?"

Inuyasha was taken aback by that. He was not expecting Shippo to talk about that, "What? How do you know?"

Shippo wondered if he should tell Inuyasha what Kagome said in the forest earlier, then thought it best, "Kagome told me earlier in the forest on the way to the well."

That didn't help Inuyasha, "Wait. Is that why Kagome didn't want me to come? So you guys could talk about me?"

Shippo was abashed. He didn't count on Inuyasha acting like this. Oops Shippo thought in terror, Maybe I said something I wasn't supposed to say…

"Why would Kagome visionary something like that? Why would she have doubts…" Inuyasha said. His heart was starting to break, "does Kagome not love me anymore? I mean she agreed to go on the honeymoon with me tomorrow…"

Shippo shook his head quickly, "NO, NO, NO, NO! Kagome does love you1 She thinks you don't love her! Anyway," Shippo added with though, "I think you and Kagome should talk this over for yourselves."

Inuyasha agreed, "your right. Tomorrow on the way to…wherever I'm taking Kagome."

Shippo nodded and went back to his place on the floor, abandoning Inuyasha with his tangled thoughts about Kagome.

Morning/ outside of Kaede's village

The next morning was full of clouds and the air was thick with heavy gray fog. You could barely see 2 feet in front of you the instant you walked outside. Even so, Kagome and Inuyasha still wanted to leave for their honeymoon today. Miroku was astounded when he heard the news from Inuyasha and asked when this was planned.

"Last night while you slept." Inuyasha said crossing his arms, slouching against a tree. Miroku and Inuyasha were waiting for Kagome and Sango who were still located at Kaede's hut putting the finishing touches to the packing. To everyone's surprise this morning, Miroku announced that he had planned a week trip with Sango up at some castle in the mountains. Both Sango and Kagome were thrilled, so of course they had to discuss what clothes Sango could wear. Inuyasha at any rate was not pleased. Miroku seemed to have for once beaten him at something. Stupid monk Inuyasha thought when he heard the news.

"How'd you tell her?" Miroku asked with a sly smile upon his face. He knew Inuyasha was jealous at the fact that he had a better place to go than Inuyasha.

Inuyasha turned his head away in disgust, "like it's any of your business monk." He said.

Miroku did a little laugh and said, "so…where are you going? Too bad not a very expensive castle like me."

Inuyasha was about to kill Miroku when Kagome turned up behind him with Sango holding the bags. Sango looked at Miroku questionably and asked, "What's so funny?"

Miroku tried to look innocent and said, "nothing, just a little man to man joke…"

Inuyasha scowled and noticed something was missing, "Where that ignoramus twerp Shippo?"

Kagome gave Inuyasha a look of dislike that made Inuyasha flinch, then she said, "sit."

Inuyasha plummeted to the ground face first, "Will you stop doing that?" he said from the ground in anger.

Kagome didn't answer that, but Sango said, "Shippo is staying with Kaede, and he is not a ignoramus twerp. He's 11 now, and is not like you, so there for he is not an ignoramus."

Kagome started to giggle. So did Sango. Miroku even let out a snicker.

Inuyasha got pissed at that and stood up yelling, "HAHAHAHA! Very funny! Your all ignoramuses!"

Kagome stopped laughing and looked a little hurt. Inuyasha realized this and instantaneously reminisced about last night. The words Shippo said came flooding back to him; Kagome is having doubts about you and her. Inuyasha looked at the wounded look on Kagome's face and now knew why she would have doubts. Sango and Miroku noticed the tension and Sango quickly said, "so Inuyasha. Where are you and Kagome going to go?" That didn't help matters, it made it worse.

"Um…not really sure. Maybe a moonlight boat ride, sleep near a lake…you know…romantic stuff." Inuyasha said, quickly adding the word romantic.

At that moment Inuyasha had an idea, "actually, come to think of it, Miroku did say he would pay for me and Kagome to stay at the castle too…" Inuyasha looked at Miroku's face and saw it's smile slowly cascade down into a frown.

"Wh-what?" Miroku asked as if he didn't hear.

"Don't you remember Miroku? You told me before Sango and Kagome got here." Inuyasha uttered.

Sango beamed, "Wow Miroku! That's really sweet of you!" She walked to him and gave him a big kiss that left Miroku with his face glowing bright red.

Kagome was also ecstatic and said, "Great! Now that that's settled, we should hurry and get a carriage before they're all gone." And she took off running to the next village, with Sango briskly chasing after her. Inuyasha turned back to Miroku and smirked then started to laugh. Miroku frowned and thought, Damn bastard…

Carriages (on the way to the castle)

They hastily made it to the village and found themselves a carriage. Unfortunately, they had to pay to use them so that meant Miroku was forced to use his money, which made him even madder. Inuyasha and Kagome had a carriage to themselves and so did Sango and Miroku. Kagome and Inuyasha's carriage was ahead of Sango's and Miroku's. For that reason every time Inuyasha would look back he would receive a pissed off look from Miroku. Inuyasha snorted, stupid monk…

Kagome was really happy and didn't notice Miroku's crappy attitude or Inuyasha smart ass behavior she just said, "wasn't it nice of Miroku to pay for all of us?" She turned to look at Inuyasha who had his eyes closed. He kept going through what Shippo said last night; Kagome is having doubts. Inuyasha opened eyes and came face to face with Kagome. She was staring intently at him.

"Er…yeah, nice of him…" Inuyasha barely said, "Um…Kagome? Why are you having doubts about us?"

Kagome gasped, "How did you know? I only told…Shippo…" it dawned on Kagome that Shippo probably told, "THAT BRATS GONNA PAY!"

Inuyasha jumped out of the way of Kagome's flying fist of rage and said, "calm down!" He grabbed Kagome's wrist and began to stroke it gently; "I just want to know…"

Kagome shook her head with tears swelling in her eyes, "nothing, really…I did have doubts before…about you loving me still…but now…since the honeymoon suggestion…now I know you love me…and I love you…" She stopped talking and leaned into Inuyasha, who affectionately started to stoke her hair.

"Kagome…" Inuyasha whispered her name softly which calmed Kagome. Inuyasha knew that she wasn't crying for her doubts, it was about her family not excepting her moving on.

My poor dear Kagome…Inuyasha thought sympathetically.

Miroku put his arm around Sango in the back of their carriage. He was finally cooling off form the whole Inuyasha money deal. Miroku tried to forget it and began to rub Sango's arm.

"Inuyasha is a jack ass." Miroku whispered into Sango's ear.

Sango looked startled. That was not something you should say while trying to be romantic. "What?" Sango asked, "What the hell did you say?"

Miroku jumped. He didn't realize he said that out loud. Oops Miroku thought. "Um…I didn't say anything Sango…" Miroku said acting all innocent again. Luckily, Sango wasn't listening anymore because the castle was now looming into view. Although you could barely see it through the fog, it still looked powerful and majestic. The walls were made of polished wood and on the side of them grew vines and as they drew closer they saw that they were grapevines.

Saved…Miroku thought.

The castle

The long journey ended and the passengers excited their `cars' and made their way to the path. The castle was almost entirely consumed by the fog, but you could still see the vines and the polished wood.

"Wow." Sango said in amazement as they approached the door. The castle was on the top of the highest peak in all of feudal Japan, (okay, maybe not that high, but pretty damn high.) Grass grew all around and the view was spectacular. Kagome looked around closely and spotted a hot spring. Actually, spotted 3 hot springs. Perfect Kagome thought. Suddenly, the sky dumped a giant gush of rain down on them and Inuyasha quickly covered Kagome so she wouldn't get soaked and they all ran up to the door and opened it. They all gasped as they walked inside. The interior was even better than the exterior. Kagome drew back from Inuyasha's arms and snooped around along with Sango. They were all speechless except for Miroku, "it better still look like this, after all the money I spent renting it…" They were in the entrance hall and the walls were covered with old paintings and statues lined the walls. One of the pictures featured an old man in a chair and another had a picture of a giant white dog demon …

"Where's the rooms?" Inuyasha asked, still looking around baffled.

Kagome looked at Miroku and said, "do you know? Please show us."

Miroku nodded and said, "follow me." Everyone followed him down the hall and then into the `living room'. Sango became very curious about something the more they followed Miroku. How did he know where everything was so easily? Soon Sango couldn't stand it, "Miroku?" she asked and ceased walking. Miroku also stopped and he turned to face her, "What?"

"I'm just a little perplexed. How do you know where everything here with such ease?" Sango at last asked.

Miroku looked down at the nicely polished wood floor and replied, "I've been here before with Moshin. (sorry can't spell) He just kept drinking so I decided to explore. Later that day and Moshin set fire to his bed…" Miroku finished speaking with a strange look on his face, he looked kind of…depressed. Miroku didn't really like talking about this subject, but decided to tell them anyway, "That was the last day I saw my father…" Sango gasped and hurriedly went to Miroku's side to comfort him and said full of pity, "sorry…I didn't know, but why on earth would you wish to return here?"

Kagome thought she heard Miroku choke on his words as he spoke, "That was the best day of my life. It was here…"

Even Inuyasha showed sympathy for the monk and said, "sorry Miroku…"

Miroku looked up at him, "sorry for what?"

"For making you use all of your hard earned cash for us." Inuyasha said with regret from earlier as he walked up to Miroku and Sango's side.

Sango looked bewildered, "What do you mean `make you'?"

Miroku just shook his head and said, "it doesn't matter, I don't care…" He started to walk away again, with everyone at his heels, but Sango's.

Miroku? What's in your mind? Sango thought with concern, quickly dashing to catch up with the others.

Kagome's and Inuyaha's room

Kagome opened the door to their room and breathed in deeply. The room was beautiful; the floor was nicely polished, and the bed was a four poster bed with red velvet curtains. In the corner of the room was another door. When Kagome opened it she saw that there was a bath in there, big and perfect for two…

"Nice place after all." Inuyasha said looking around and sitting on a chair made of gold and with the same red velvet as the curtains.

"Yeah! Miroku has really great taste!" Kagome said ecstatic opening the curtains to the window and looking out. "It's pouring rain out there." Inuyasha stood up from his chair and walked to the window next to Kagome, he too looked out, "looks like its going to flood…" he said. Quite suddenly a rumbling noise met their ears and echoed through the room. Kagome looked around to see what made the noise, but didn't have to look long. Inuyasha's face was red and said, "I guess I'm hungry…" Kagome looked surprised for a minute and then she burst out laughing. She rolled onto the bed onto her back and continued to laugh. Inuyasha watched her on the bed and he felt something stir inside him. Abruptly, Inuyasha closed the curtains again and sat by Kagome on the bed. (Wonder what's on his mind, eh?) Kagome stopped laughing and looked up at Inuyasha. Inuyasha had a desirous look in his eyes. Kagome knew immediately what was on his mind, but quickly said, "Should we go get some lunch?"

Inuyasha pondered that, then made a choice, "no, not now." He said in a strange voice. Then, without even knowing what happened, Kagome found Inuyasha lying on top of her, not that she was complaining, she was just wondering how could he do that so fast?

"Kagome…" Inuyasha whispered softly into Kagome's ear. Kagome gave in. She couldn't resist his touch…Inuyasha caressed Kagome's neck and chest and Kagome moaned with deep pleasure. Soon, Kagome and Inuyasha were in another world together, enjoying the warmth of their bodies and the touch of each other's lips…

Miroku stuffed his face while Sango laid down on the bed to get some rest. Sango was exhausted and quickly fell asleep. Miroku was enjoying a rather large size bowl of ramen and kept choking on the noodles because he ate it too fast. No wonder Inuyasha is in love with this stuff! Miroku though taking another large bite of beef flavor ramen. Just about when Miroku was about to take a gulp of water, a bumping noise came from Inuyasha and Kagome's room next door. Miroku stopped eating and curiously stood up from his table and sat on the bed, his ear pressed against the wall.

"Oh Inuyasha!" a voice came from the room, "don't stop!" More thumping. Miroku started to snigger and thought lucky hanyou… Miroku took his head away from the wall and was about to get off the bed when…

"Uh? Miroku?" Sango said half asleep, "what's that banging noise on the wall?"

Miroku gazed at her then began to laugh like crazy. He started to roll around on the bed like Kagome had done initially.

Sango just looked at Miroku like he was off his rocker and then said, "What the hell is so funny?"

Miroku stopped laughing and replied, "Inuyasha and Kagome are…doing…the…um…" while he was still on his back. He couldn't say the word.

Sango got the gist anyway, "you mean Inuyasha and Kagome are making out? That's not too difficult to say…"

Miroku sat back up and gaped at Sango. Now was the perfect opportunity for him, but he was not like Inuyasha and got lucky. Sango seemed to read his mind and said, "actually, I am in the mood now…"

Miroku jerked upward, did he just hear right. "What?" Miroku asked. Sango shook her head and jumped at Miroku. They too were in now in there own land of love and kisses…

Inuyasha and Kagome's room

Kagome lay in a deep slumber. It was already night again. Inuyasha sat awake on the gold chair thinking about his time with Kagome. When he was with her, it felt like they were the only things that existed. Kagome aroused in her sleep, and slowly she began to wake up. The first thing she saw was Inuyasha's face next to hers. Inuyasha had spotted her awake and rushed to her side.

"Inuy…asha?" Kagome said drowsy.

"Kagome? What's wrong? Why have you awoken?" Inuyasha said delicately.

"I don't know…I feel pain…" Kagome replied trying to get up, but winced in pain and she fell back down moaning.

Next door Miroku awoke and said, "he's at it again…"

Inuyasha became alert and panicky, "What? What kind of pain?"

Kagome didn't answer. Inuyasha was really starting to worry now.

"Kagome! Answer me!" Inuyasha yelled, now shaking her arm trying to wake her back up, "KAGOME!….." Inuyasha quickly jumped up and ran to Miroku's and Sango's room. He came through and busted into the door.

"Miroku! Sango!" Inuyasha called into the dark the room desperately, "It's Kagome! I need your help, now!"

Inuyasha saw movement in the bed and knew Sango and Miroku were getting up. All three of them hurried to Kagome's side. Each of them called out her name in turn.

"Kagome! Kagome!" they called but still she did not wake.

Could this have anything to do with those roots…Inuyasha thought distressed.

Miroku got his mind back before any them and said, "Inuyasha! Take Kagome to the next village over. It's not far. I know there is a man they call the doctor. He knows a lot about health and medicine. He'll know what to do about Kagome. HURRY! WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE!"

Inuyasha was ready to punch Miroku but then remembered about Kagome's condition. Inuyasha swiftly picked up Kagome and his arms and took off.

Kagome began to thrash around in his arms, moaning and groaning in pain, Inuyasha ran to the village helpless. What could he do?

Whoever is behind hurting Kagome, I will personally rip them to shreds, one by one. Inuyasha thought as a gust of wind blew into his face with a familiar scent. Inuyasha gasped, Naraku?

Miroku paced his room back and forth. He couldn't get his mind off of Kagome and what was happening to her. Sango too, was tormented by thoughts of Kagome and who and why they were hurting her. Was it because she was from the present? No matter what idea came to mind, they still knew one thing for sure, Inuyasha would kill whoever it was, not matter who or why…

Village of the doctor

Inuyasha ran through the village with all the might he could muster. Kagome was slowly getting colder and limber in his arms. Inuyasha stopped quickly and took of his shirt and wrapped it around Kagome's cold and frail body. Despite her being cold, she was sweating like crazy. Inuyasha was full of rage and fear. Was Naraku nearby? Was he the one who is trying to kill Kagome?

"Inu…yasha…." Kagome said in Inuyaha's arms, she tried to move, but failed. Now she was paralyzed. Inuyasha looked down at her. Her face was as white as this paper that I'm typing on. She started to pant for air.

"Doctor!" Inuyasha called once he was in the middle of the village. He stopped and heard nothing but a gentle breeze rustling the leaves on the tree. Then all at once came a voice, "What?" It called and stepped out into the moonlight so Inuyasha could see. It was an old man, maybe about the same age as Kaede.

Inuyasha rushed to him and said, "you gotta help us. This woman is on the verge of dying…"

The old man took a look at Kagome and said, "your right, follow me and I'll do my best." The old man walked through a door on the left and Inuyasha quickly followed.

The old man pointed to the floor where there was a bed, and Inuyasha set Kagome down gently.

"My name is Tumichi, I'm the only one around here in this country who really knows much about medicine and healing. I'll do my best to heal your friend. Who are you anyway? Are you a demon? By the looks of it you are." The old man walked to Inuyasha and put his hands on Inuyasha's ears and gave them a twitch. Inuyasha frowned but didn't say anything. He wasn't going to give the only guy who could save Kagome hell.

Once the old man withdrew and sat down by Kagome, Inuyasha replied to the mans' question, "My name is Inuyasha and I'm a half demon. This woman here is Kagome Higurashi. She is only human, but she is a powerful miko."

The old man nodded, "I can tell…such beauty too…"

Inuyasha sat down quickly in response to what Tumichi said, "You better work your magic old man…" Inuyasha said.

The castle

Hours went by and still they heard no word from Inuyasha. Both Miroku and Sango were fast asleep, they were both beat up and tired. Sango sleep on the gold chair and Miroku some how managed to fall into repose on the table. Neither snored or spoke, which was a first. What had happened to Kagome?

Tumichi's hut

Inuyasha dozed in the corner of the room near the blazing fire. Hours had gone by, and the old man continued to work on Kagome. ( EWWW!! Not like that! Great…now I have a sick mind…thanks Angela!) As time went by, Kagome seemed to get better and better. Finally, Tumichi thought it would be best to wake up Inuyasha and tell him the good news. Really good news, something that would change their lives forever.

"Hey! Dog boy! Get up!" Tumichi said, poking Inuyasha with a stick. Inuyasha groaned and woke. Inuyasha leered at the stick, then at Tumichi.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" Inuyasha roared at the old man.

Tumichi backed away but said, "come now…I have excellent news…"

Inuyasha's spirit brightened, "is she going to be okay?'

Tumichi nodded, "she is fine. The only difference from before is that….well…now she is pregnant…"

Inuyasha's heart stopped, "wh-what?" He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think straight. Kagome, pregnant?

"Congratulations!" Tumichi said happily with a bottle of Toukai in hand.

Tears suddenly blinded Inuyasha, him, a father?

Great way to end a chapter, happiness…Hope you enjoyed it and please review! I don't care if you if even write one word, just review…I just can't stand it when people just read it and don't review…oh well! Thanks for the reviews!