InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passionate Disputes ❯ Bidding Kagome Farewell! ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Bidding Kagome Farewell!



Author's Notes: Okay, I know I said last week that I wouldn't have a chapter out till tomorrow but I suddenly had a changed in plans last night. I thought that today, once I was done work, I'd go home right after but I found out at rehearsal last night that I was needed to come tonight, which is Monday. Luckily the rehearsals are at the college so I don't have to go anywhere far. So since I had time to waste this afternoon, I decided to work on the next chapter which I would have done anyway, except at home. I have a comp at home but no internet hence why I would have uploaded tomorrow as planned. But expect futures updates to be every Tuesday after I finish my class in the afternoon. The musical I'm is having it's first performance this Friday so I won't be having any more rehearsals on Mondays anymore. Anyway, that's all I want to say on that. I hope everyone likes the chapter coming out a day earlier than scheduled.

And one last thing that I want to mention is about Kagome going back to her time. I read many fanfics that state that once the quest is done, she goes through the well, the well is sealed permanently automatically, and she can never go back. So somehow Inu Yasha either uses the jewel or doesn't and somehow manages to live 500 years till he's with her again. Not that I mind those type of fics, I really do like them. I just believe that once their quest is done, Kagome will still have access to the well. What was the point in the first place if the well really sealed up for good once the Shikon jewel was completed? She should have never gone through the well in the first place. And she went through the well while the jewel was inside her and it was whole. So once it's whole again, couldn't she easily go through the well as she pleased. Anyway, that's how it's going to happen in my fic. She's gonna go back to her time since that would be the normal thing for her to do but expect her to come back definitely. Anyway, that's all I have to say today. Chow!


Upon once they reach the well, they all say their farewells to Kagome. Shippo is the first to start. While he's in her arms, he cries and hugs her. "Kagome?"

"Yes Shippo?"

"I'm really going to miss you Kagome."

"Don't worry Shippo. I'll definitively be back but I do have a life to get back to. I hope you can understand that I might not be able to visit you for a while since I have a lot of catching up to do but I'll come back as soon as I can. I promise you Shippo."

"Alright Kagome, I believe you." He releases his hold on her. "So long Kagome! Come back real soon!"

"I will." Shippo leaps out of Kagome's arm then Kilila runs up to Kagome and they hug. "I'll miss you too Kilila." Kilila purrs and rubs against Kagome's cheek then Myoga responds from within Kilila's fur, "I'm sure we'll all miss you a great deal Kagome. You take good care of yourself."

"Don't worry, I will. So long Myoga! So long Kilila!" After that, Kilila leaps out of Kagome's arms to go stand beside Sango.

It's now Sango's turn to bid farewell to Kagome. She walks up to Kagome and embraces her and starts crying. "I'm really going to miss you too Kagome. You're like a sister to me. I'll always remember the adventures we had and I hope we can have many more."

"Me too Sango."

Then Sango backs away and stands beside Miroku. "Take care Kagome and come back soon." Kagome smiles nodding in agreement.

Miroku stays were he is and simply says, "I really appreciated your company Kagome and I do look forward to seeing you again. I wish you good luck in your future." Miroku smiles and bows.

Kagome is surprised by this along with everyone else. "Miroku, isn't there anything else you wanted to give me."

Miroku stares blankly at her. "I have no idea what you mean."

"Oh silly!" Suddenly she runs up to him and hugs him. "This Miroku! I'm not leaving without you giving me a hug.' Miroku smiles and reciprocates the embrace. He thinks about that this is another chance to put his hands lower on her butt but he quickly dismisses the idea believing it to be inappropriate for once and simply enjoys this moment with Kagome. Sango eyes him suspiciously then is relieved to see that he is behaving himself for once. They both let go of each other and smile then Kagome moves over to Inu Yasha, who has his back turned on her. "Inu Yasha!" He hesitates at first then slowly turns around to face her, surprisingly with tears in his eyes but he remains silent. "Inu Yasha I...I'll miss you the most. I hope you know that." He still remains silent. "Inu Yasha talk to me. Say something. Anything."

He finally speaks, "Of course I know. I'm really gonna miss you too Kagome." He embraces her and she hugs him back. He speaks more quietly, "Kagome, I want you to know that you're very special to me, even more than Kikyo." She's surprised to her this. "I know you're not going to abandon us or anything but please come back as soon as you can."

"I will."

"I mean even now that we've finally defeated Naraku and all the shards are back together to form the Shikon jewel once again, there's no hurry for you to come back to us. You can stay away as long as you want and there's nothing I can do about that. But I still don't want you gone for too long, okay?" Kagome nods in agreement and hugs him even tighter than before. "I want you to know that we are your dear friends so never forget us."

"I could never forget any of you, especially not you Inu Yasha."

"I'm glad to hear that." He releases her but grips her shoulders and says sternly, "Come back whenever you can but I do hope it will be soon. I do look forward to having more adventures with you and protecting you and the jewel if necessary."

"Inu Yasha?"

"Yes."

"Since you don't desire the jewel to become a full-blooded demon anymore, don't ya think it's times this come off?" She plays with the rosary around his neck to emphasize her point.

Inu Yasha looks down then back up at her and grins. "I couldn't agree with you more. Although, if you left it on, I really wouldn't mind. I wanna keep it as something to always remind me of you. But what if you need it in the future and I do something really bad unintentionally. I think it might be better to leave it on."

"No, I really want to take if off of you. I trust you and I could never fear you no matter what. Besides, as long as you have Tetesaiga, it will control your demon side from fully emerging."

"But what if..."

"No buts! Just don't worry about it. Now it's time thing came off."

"Alright!" She takes the prayer beads in her hands and lifts it over his head slowly. Once it's off, he shakes his head and and sighs with relief. "Free," he whispers.

"Yeah, you're finally free from me now." She giggles. "I release you."

Suddenly he smirks and his eyes darken. "I told ya it wasn't a good idea."

She gulps and starts regretting her decision. "Inu Yasha...wha...what are you saying?"

He walks up and towers over her. "I can do whatever I want so I think I'll be taking that jewel now." Miroku, Sango, and Shippo get ready to protect Kagome.

"But Inu Yasha, I thought..."

Suddenly Inu Yasha backs away and starts laughing his head off. "Ka...Kagome...I was just...joking..." He continues laughing.

Kagome feels like a baka. "Why you..."

He stops laughing and ask, "I really had you fooled, didn't I?

"Yes!"

"Good" *Giggles*

Miruko warns, "That wasn't very funny Inu Yasha."

"No, it wasn't but he did have us all fooled," Sango said.

Shippo added, "Yeah, just don't ever do that again Inu Yasha."

*Giggles* "Keh, I won't. Anyway Kagome, can I still have the rosary as a keepsake?"

She blushes and hands the prayer beads over to him. "Of...of course, here ya go!"

"Thanx!" He blushes as well. "Anyway, I think it's time you get going.

"No, you're right! Now I better get going. See ya around Inu Yasha!" She departs and stands in front of the well but looks back at her friends one more time. "See you guys later. I'll be back soon I promise."

"So long Kagome and good luck," Inu Yasha says. Kagome smiles then turns around and jumps into the well. She starts to feel the power of the well and finally lands on the other side in her own time. 'So long Inu Yasha! I'm really gonna miss you.'

On the other side, the others stare blankly at the well then Miroku says something about it's time to leave and Sango agrees. Shippo jumps into Sango's arm and they take their leave. While they're leaving, Inu Yasha thinks, 'I'm really going miss you too Kagome. More than you'll ever know. You better come back real soon or else I'll come get you myself.' He smirks and then turns around and joins the others as they depart.


Date: Mon. Feb. 23/04