InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

She knew it was him, no one else had such long silky looking silver hair. His looked so damn silky, she always had the urge to touch it. Unlike Inuyasha's rough hair, she chuckled how like their hair the brothers were. One looked so soft and gentle while the other looked rough and coarse, but acted vise versa. Sighing deeply, she knew she had to check if he was all right, it would just be mean and undignified to leave him there. Even though there was a big chance he might kill her.

She walked slowly towards his sprawled body, ever hesitant of the human hating reflexes. She wondered to what could have done this to him? She knelt beside him, his face was turned the opposite direction, so that meant she had to turn him towards her.

She grabbed his shoulder and pulled until he landed on his back.

She let out an "eep" before the clawed hand at her throat cut it off. She stared down at the raging red eyes, which promised death. But she wasn't going to leave him.

"Sesshoumaru-sama please let me help you." Doing her best to choke out the words she put her hands on his wrist. She could feel the oxygen leave slowly.

That damn miko, that was all he could think of. He smelled her coming, but he was too weak to do a damn thing about it. He watched as her bluish green eyes started to lose their life. He loosened his grip just a little.

"What are you doing here miko?" his voice was velvety smooth even in his present state.

She smiled gently, "Well to make a long story short, youkai were chasing me, I'm lost, found you and tried to help you." She tried to laugh but she didn't have enough air.

How could she be so light hearted, he might be down but he could still easily kill her.

"Let me help you." Her dainty voice chimed in his ear. He took note to his situation, and became enraged, a low life enemy downed him the Powerful Sesshoumaru, and then another enemy sees him in such a state. He wanted to crush her neck but didn't, it would serve no purpose. He let go of her and looked away, "Leave the youkai that was here previously, is coming back for more." He tried to sit up but his body was still stunned from the body shock the neko gave him. He slid back down but this time only to have his head fall back to her chest. She was crouched behind him, "Ok I am going to stand with you, try your best to help ok?" her voice was full of determination. He started to rise with her but they only could make it so high before falling to both of their knees.she crawled around him to keep him steady.

"Ok at least we got you up," her arms were still around him, to much of his disgust, but he was secretly grateful. She was panting hard from that short workout, causing her small chest to heave in an out. He realized that, that must taken quite a lot out of her, for a 5'4 human to lift a seven foot weak youkai.

His strength was slowly returning, but he would need it all back in a matter of seconds, for the neko was almost here. As if reading his mind the small miko in front of him closed her eyes and started to glow a bright pink. He braced himself defensively before realizing to what she was doing; a sphere of blue surrounded them, making a protection bubble.

Why was she doing this, were they not enemies? He has tried to kill her and her gang countless times, but here she was trying to save him. It truly puzzled him beyond no doubt.

"Why?" was all he said. That was a good question, she thought. Why would she sit here and help out her enemy? But she knew she couldn't leave him to die.

"Because I couldn't sleep knowing that I could have helped you if you were to die." She said laughing a little. He didn't answer he just turned his body towards her more and wrapped his arm around her bringing her to his chest.

"Wha…" she was cut off as she felt a powerful blow to her shield.

"You should have left when you had the chance" his cool voice whispered in her ear. She was now staring at the hug cat demon pummeling at her shield over his shoulder. Her heartbeat quickened, she was scared now. She instinctively turned into the one holding her.

He felt her heart quicken and smelt her fear, his eyes widened when he felt her turn into him for protection. He only had one option if he wanted to live, it was something he really didn't want to do. But his instinct to survive was taking over, or was it to protect he wasn't sure.

"The shield won't hold much longer, and I can't purify him without purifying you as well I'm so sorry." He watched as a tear formed in her eye, and started to slide down her face. He flicked it away with his thumb and leaned towards her.

"You said you will help me right?" he growled in her ear, he felt her shakily nod. Without saying another word. He ripped off half of her strange upper garment baring her slender shoulder. He heard her cry of shock but ignored it as he sank his long fangs into her tender flesh. He started to suck the energy from her body, squeezing her bodily jarringly to pump more of her honey tasting blood, eliciting a scream every time. He had to mentally will himself to stop before he killed her. He bit his lip to let his blood flow through her, so she could live. He could feel his body tingle with her powers, he looked down to see his left arm slowly reappearing.

He stared in amazement at the limp and half naked girl in his arms, he took off his haori and covered her shaking body. Her eyes were full of panic, confusion, and fear.

"Let the shield go." He watched as she relaxed, and give into exhaustion. He turned to the neko who was charging at him. He was more than ready now, his arm would prove to be quite helpful now. He flexed his poisonous claws and charged the neko as well. He avoided all attacks easily, and struck him efficiently. Hearing the girls whimper he decided he played around long enough and decided to end this. He saw the cat demon prepare for that damned shock attack again. He smirked and let it come for he had the ability to be immune to certain attacks once hit by them, and this was one of them. He brandished his whip and cut through the neko with one clean swipe.

"Jewel…..shard." he heard her whisper as if pleading to it to protect him. So that was why it was so strong at first. He walked over to the demon that was trying to re-form and plucked the glittering piece out of its stomach. He walked back to the girl and put the shard in her hand, which instantly purified. He knelt down and lifted her lithe form into his arms.

"What happened?" she whispered, without taking his eyes off her he answered.

"We are now life mates." Was all she heard before she succumbed to the beautiful darkness.