InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshoumaru had his head in his hands as he sat in the study in his castle. The miko was upstairs in one of the many guest bedrooms, still in a deep sleep. Why did he bring her here, why did he bite her and share his powers with her? What was he thinking? Throwing his head back in anguish, he roared his frustration loudly, causing the walls to shake. He slumped back in his chair and gazed out the window to the night sky. He didn't understand why he acted so hasty, he was not like his hanyou brother. He growled at the thought of his actions. He has now taken a life mate, which was a ningen, which happened to be a young miko in training no less. Enemies by nature towards the youkai kind. He has fallen into the footsteps of his father; without even realizing it, he crushed the marble trinket on his desk to powder at the thought.

He sighed, this would get him nowhere, he got up and started to pace and analyze the situation. Today he was attacked by a neko youkai lord who possessed a jewel shard, he was struck down by him, the miko tried to save him but couldn't and decided to die trying; out of the instinct to survive he made her a life mate. Thus using her energy and blood, getting his arm back, killing the youkai, and having a life mate. KUSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the only thing he could do now was fix the problem. He couldn't kill her, that would be dishonorable to kill his mate, and he Sesshoumaru was not dishonorable.

As he looked through his scrolls he felt his body convulse, then he heard an anguished cry. He was at the miko's door in a blur; he pushed it open with an almighty force looking to where he left her. He saw her on the bed covered in a sheen of sweat, her face was contorted in pain, while she gripped the sheets.

He turned towards Keito who was trying to calm her down. "What is happening" his voice betrayed his impassive face. He was really quite worried and angry at the same time. And he didn't like feeling like this.

"My Lord she is changing into youkai." Her voice was calm as was her face, she has been with him every since he was a child. She was a beautiful rabbit youkai very rare to find one, and extremely wise. But he was shocked over what she said, he walked slowly to the writhing figure and watched something he has only ever read about.

Her body was a pinkish and purple color. He watched as her nails started to appear as claws then disappear, her hair did the same going from a long black with a white stripe to normal again. Purple stripes on her cheeks, arms, and eyes started to flicker in and out. He looked to Keito questioningly at this.

"Her miko nature is trying to fight this but she can not win for it is in her blood now. If she continues to fight she will surely die." Her voice was sad, but she looked at him expectantly. He knew what she wanted him to do; he nodded and waited for her to leave. When he heard the door close he gently grabbed the writhing girl. His haori started to slip from her body, but he held it in place. The room was lit very softly giving off an orange tint to things. He cleared his mind and started to relax, then he started to speak.

"Miko." He said firmly.

He could tell by her face she heard him, her body went rigid in his grasp. That meant she knew who he was. He smirked at this response; thankfully, she wouldn't get him confused with his whelp of a brother. Just thinking of it made him angry, but he suppressed it.

"Relax yourself or you will die," she started to shake, he knew she was confused and scared; the scent was starting to fill the room. Dammit he didn't want that, he growled slightly, causing his tail to sway around in frustration. "If you don't relax that means your beloved kitsune will be without a mother yet again." He knew he sounded heartless, but he needed to get through to her. He felt her easing up, until she went completely limp. He watched as her new features finally took over. It was unheard of to happen unless wished upon by a holy idol. He fingered the jewel shard, this must be its doing. Laying her back on the futon he covered her and left.

"M' Lord" Keito bowed deeply, waiting for an order.

Looking straight ahead, "Take ah-un and Jaken with you to the village, wake the seamstress up and buy some kimono's." he continued walking down the hallway.

"Hai Lord Sesshoumaru." She waited a little before going, she knew her master too well than to leave immediately.

"Tell Jaken to control himself, and pick something up for Rin to entertain herself with, for the next couple of days." He inwardly groaned for caring about the child so much to buy her playthings.

He walked to the dojo and looked around, taking off his inner shirt, shoes, and sash, leaving only his pants on. He began to train, building strength and agility in his new arm. While he trained his mind would eventually travel to the miko. He assumed it was the Shikon jewel's gift to give back his arm. But he wasn't sure, but what he was sure of was how he was going to deal with this new situation.

"Wake up you filthy ningens." Jakens loud familiar squawk rang through the ears of the small village. Slowly people started to come out of their homes and stare at their Lord's servants.

Keito bopped the toad on his head before apologizing. "Gomen, for our disturbance but our Lord has requested a favor form your market and seamstress. The village people just nodded and quickly got to work. In a matter of hours they left with packages full of kimono's and a package of children playthings.

"I cannot believe my wonderful Lord Sesshoumaru had to make that filthy human a life mate." He wailed. She bopped him again wordlessly, she never spoke to him unless absolutely crucial, he grated her nerves till no end. It took all of her will power not to slice his head off at the moment. She couldn't believe how ignorant he was, didn't he know that humans were the very ones who harvest their food, made their clothes, and other such things. She particularly like the humans in this village, they were very nice to her.

"Why you… I should…" he stuttered towards her raising his staff defensively. By now they were reaching castle, she quirked an eyebrow at him and took on his challenging stare. He knew what she planned on doing, she was going to make him do something to her then call for the Lord then he will get punished for it. Oh why was he treated so badly?