InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

His face, the neko about to strike, his arm, and the youkai chasing her, those thoughts were the only thing running through her head. Her body started to shift back to reality from her sleep. She was laying on something soft. Soft? Why was the ground so cushy, her sleeping bag was never this wonderful? She started to open her eyes, but was blinded by the beams of light.

"Agggg" what the hell, she put her hand over her eyes and slowly started to open them. What she saw stunned her. Four beautifully decorated walls surrounded her, and she was lying on top of a feathery soft futon, covered in silk. She looked down and saw a familiar fabric, underneath her silk sheets was the oh so familiar haori. Oh no please, please, let that have been a dream. She slowly and fearfully looked down at her shoulder where she remembered the pain was, she gasped not at the scar but at the simple fact that she was naked from the waist up. She faintly remembered the sound of claws scraping her school blouse off. Oh no, she had to get out of here. She quickly threw on the huge haori and tied it up. She went to the beautifully carved window and looked out.

"oh no the castle is sitting on top of a mountain." Outside were beautiful gardens but beyond that was the edge of the mountain leading to certain death. No matter though she had to get out of here. She looked around her room; damn only one-way in. Hopefully the demon lord was elsewhere.

She quietly slipped out the doorway and tiptoed down the hallway. Even though she haven't the faintest idea to where she was going, it was still better than waiting around to get slaughtered. She reached a set of stairs and started down them, thankfully they took her to what looked like an entrance or exit. Either one it was now her getaway door. She bolted straight for it, she was just about to get a hold of the handle, when she was lifted into the air very abruptly.

As he was coming from his study with Jaken on his heels he felt the ripple run through his body before smelling honey and flower petals, her very distinctive scent. But what he also smelt was fear, something told him she was running. He jumped to the second floor with one anger filled leap. He ran to the hallway she was in and found her making a break for one of the doors. He was so angry he rushed her grabbing her by the waist, hauling her in the air.

She screamed at the sudden unwilling movement, but she screamed even more so when he threw her in the air. She covered her eyes as she started to fall, but she never did. When she opened her, eyes she saw the scenery in the hallway go by in a blur, in less than a blink she was in the room she started in. She was thrown unceremoniously on to the futon. She looked up to see a very stoic taiyoukai, but something told her he wasn't happy or indifferent.

How dare she try to leave me, The great Lord Sesshoumaru. His blood was raging, for what reason he didn't know why.

"What did you think you were doing?" His calm voice washed over her, as he stepped closer. He noticed how ridiculous she looked wrapped in his clothes, he wouldn't dare admit to himself how it speed up his heart rate a little to see her in it though.

"I was getting away from you, you…you…psycho." She started to back away slowly. He raised a slender eyebrow at her weird word but he could tell it meant something bad. "How dare you hurt me when I tried my best to save your life." Her eyes narrowed towards him in contempt. Ahh so that's what it was she thought he was going to kill her. His anger slowly ebbed away.

"If it was my wish to kill you miko I would have done so long ago." He walked closer to her retreating figure.

"Then why did you hurt me so badly, after I helped you?" She whispered.

His stomach lurched a bit at her pitiful expression, but he admonished himself quickly. I lord Sesshoumaru do not take pity.

"There was no other choice than to do so, in order for us to live." She was now against the wall, he moved to reach for her but she put out a hand as if to block a strike.

Then that's when she noticed something different.

He watched as she stared at her hand for the longest against his chest. He knew she noticed it.

Her hand had claws, her eyes traveled to her arms, which a one purple stripe adorned it. She was so shocked she didn't feel her self being pulled up and led to the mirror. But when she looked up what she saw made her gasp in pure shock. With her hand over her mouth she saw the silver stripe in her hair, the long retractable claws on her feet and hands, the stripes on her face which were two on either cheek, the sky wild blue of her eyes, and the pointing of her ears. She also felt her fangs as she moved her tongue. She whirled around and looked the taiyoukai in the eye.

"What happened?" was all she could mumble.

"In order for me to gain enough power to beat the neko, without the risk of your destruction. I had to make you a life mate thus sharing your energy. In most cases a human who is bitten can't withstand such power from a youkai and die, but some do live and you are that exception."

"Why wouldn't I become a hanyou?" she sat down on the futon staring up at him with confusion etched in her eyes.

"I believe it was another gift from your jewel." He flexed his new left arm. He saw her eyes light up in amazement.

"Wow your arm is back." It amazed him how quickly her emotions changed. But he was more surprised that she actually cared it was back.

"Well this means your not going to kill me right." She laughed a little, hoping that he won't. It would suck if she got this far only to die at her "mates" hand.

"I won't make any promises." He started to walk out the door, "we will talk further at dinner." He walked out closing the door behind him

"Sesshoumaru-sama." Darn it he probably didn't hear me, she sighed and turned towards the window.

"Yes miko."

"Aaah shit," she screeched piercing both of their sensitive ears. She gave an apologetic look before scowling at him. "don't do that, my heart has been through enough lately…. Erm arigatou for saving me."

He turned, leaving her where she stood; as the door closed she heard his cool voice fill the room. "Your welcome miko."