InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reconnect ❯ Gentlemen ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the genius Rumiko Takahashi.



“Wow! Kagome, you look beautiful!” Kagome's mother said as grandpa and Souta watched her came down the stairs. Kagome was wearing a black strapless A-Line dress that reached to just above her knees. It had emerald-green rhinestones on the top of the hemline and had a matching handbag with a green sparkly rose on the side of the bag and crisscrossed high heal laces that ended right above the ankle. Her hair was in a lose pony tale and was placed on her right should in a curly fashion. “Thank you, mama. I want to make a good impression.” Kagome felt beautiful but nervous.

“Ok, I got to go, I’ll see you all later. BYE!” Kagome screamed as she grabbed her keys and headed to her car. She put the key on the ignition and turned the key but nothing. She tried it again… nothing but a ‘click sound.’

“Come on, just one more time, one more time,” Kagome prayed but to her surprise…nothing but another, ‘click sound.’

“Kagome, what is the matter,” said Grandpa as he and her mother approached her car.

“It doesn’t want to start. What am I going to do?”

“Is there anybody you can call that can give you a ride?” said mama.

“Maybe, but I’ll be so embarrassed,” said Kagome.

“Well, you can just not go.”
“NO, I want to go. I’ll call him. Lets go inside,” said Kagome as she started to walk toward the shrine fidgeting with the inside of her purse.




“He is on his way, mama,” Kagome said as she hung up the phone.

“Who did you call, Kagome.”
“I called Hojo. He thought I was going to tell not to come tomorrow but I explained to him what happened with the car so he volunteered to come over. You know after all this years he still a good friend to me,” said Kagome as she hung up the phone and headed towards the kitchen chair.

“Honey, did you ever think that it was more that friendship he wants.”
“Mama, maybe back when we went to school together but that was a long time ago. He just wants to be friends now,” said Kagome. Mama just gave her one of those looks of ‘sure he does’ and let it pass.


Kagome didn’t even have to wait 15 minutes to hear someone knock on her door.

“OK MAMA, I GOTTA GO!” Kagome screamed to her mother who was up stairs.

“Kagome wait!”

“SORRY MAMA, IM REALLY LATE THIS TIME!” Kagome ran to the door and greeted Hojo.

“Hi, Kagome. I’m glad you called me.”

“Its really great to see you again Hojo but I’m really late. I was so suppose to be at Inu Tashiou, INC. and if I don’t get there in ten minutes I’m not going to make it on time.

“Lets go.” Hojo gently grabbed Kagome’s arm and showed her the way into the car, hurryingly, opening up the side door to let her in and then running to his side.





There were only a couple of people waiting to be escorted in but she did make it on time. “You are going to come in with me aren’t you Hojo. I mean for dragging you all this way and everything?” asked Kagome.

“Sure, I love to,” said Hojo as he opened his car door and once again opened the passenger door for Kagome to step out.

As Kagome and her guest walked in the people that were there seemed to bring a sense of importance. There were short, tall, big, skinny, some handsome, some just you regular looking Japanese, American, African American, all different kinds of race of men with expensive suits; men who all had a beautiful lady at their side. There were hi-class women there with long and short hair with fur and mink coats wearing fancy Armani and all kinds of fashion designer dresses.

“Hi, Kagome, you look beautiful. I knew that dress would look lovely on you,” said Sango from behind Kagome. “So are you ready to see the action.”

“Whenever you are,” replied Kagome as Sango lead her to the back row seats.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend,” said Sango.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Marusa, Sango this is Akitoki, Hojo. Hojo, Marusa, Sango.”

“Nice to meet you, Marusa-sama.”

“Please call me Sango, Hojo,” said Sango with a little uncertainty in the end. After all she did not know if it was alright to call him so informal.

“That is fine, Sango-chan.”

“Great. Lets go find the others,” said Sango. The didn’t have to go far because from there she saw Inuyasha, Kikyo, and Miroku sitting together.

“Hi, everyone,” Sango called and then Kagome followed, “Hello, how are you all doing?”

“Kagome. How are you? I’m glad you here,” said Inuyasha as he gave Kagome a kiss on the cheek. Kagome said trying not to blush too much from the simple kiss on the cheek. It seem like Inuyasha didn't notice but Kikyo and Miroku definitely did.

“Hi Kagome, you sure do look beautiful tonight.” Miroku said as he kissed her hand for the second time today.

“Won’t you have a seat next to me Sango,” Miroku stood up to push open the chair next to him so she could step in.

“Come Hojo, lets sit down,” said Kagome as she presented a chair next to her for him to sit down.

“I believe we haven’t met,” said Miroku.

“My name is Nagano, Miroku and over here is Fukui, Kikyo, next to her you is my lovely Sango, I believe you too just met.” He kept on while the girls gave a slight bow of the head as Miroku presented them to Hojo.

Over there is…”

“I’m Takahashi, Inuyasha,” said Inuyasha lowering his head a little interrupting Miroku.

“Pleasure to meet you all. My name is Akitoki, Hojo,” Hojo replied to the group with a bow.

“So, Hojo, what do you do,” said Inuyasha.

“Well I tried opening up my own business involving computers. It was good in the beginning but after awhile it just got a little too much for me so I closed it down and decided to move back here.”

“So you used to live here before,” said Sango.

“Yes, in fact I used to go to the same school as Kagome. That is how we know each other,” said Hojo.

“Yes I bumped into him about two days ago in a grocery store. I didn’t even recognize him until I saw his face. Sorry about that,” she said to everyone but whispered the last to him.

“You too have a lot of history then,” said Inuyasha.

“Yes we do,” replied Hojo with a confidence tone. Inuyasha looked over to Kagome, starring at her. For the life of her she could understand why he was looking at her like that. She started to blush, especially in the face. Everyone at the table noticed it too, especially Kikyo.

“Inuyasha, isn’t it about time we start the show,” said Kikyo will she brushed her hand up and down his arm. She saw that she wasn’t getting that much attention from Inuyasha so she reached up a little and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“So you too are together?” interrupted Hojo.

“Yes we are engaged,” replied Kikyo as she gave another kiss on Inuyashas cheek. Inuyasha just turned his face to look at her and back to Kagome and her ‘date’.

“Engaged?” Now this time it was Kagome who sounded and looked surprised.

“Yes, we plan to get married soon,” said Kikyo again. Inuyasha didn’t, couldn’t say anything. For some reason he felt ashamed for presenting their engagement in front of Kagome but he didn’t want to make Kikyo disappointed so he had to say something.

“Yes, we plan on getting married in the spring.”

“Oh,” Kagome said with disappointment in her voice but it was Hojo who turned his head and laid his hand on top of hers on the table.

“Well shall we get the auction started,” said Sango.

“Yes, lets go,” said Miroku as he opened Sango’s chair out.

“That’s ok, you don’t have to go with me, thanks anyway,” said Sango to Miroku as she patted his shoulder and left.







“Sango, wait up!” Miroku yelled from across the hall.

“What's up Miroku? People can hear you yelling like that.” Sango sounded a little annoyed.

“I just wanted to say good luck and all,” Miroku sounded sincere but Sango knew him better than that. She knew he was going to say something perverted any time now.

“Thank you Miroku. After doing this so many times now, I still get nervous.”

“Don't worry. If something goes wrong just find me in the back row and I will be there for you. You have done this plenty of times. There is nothing to worry about. You are strong, smart, and beautiful. Nothing can go wrong,” said Miroku as he rubbed the side of her arms.

“Thanks, I needed that,” whispered Sango. She was amazed at his sincerity. “Thank you Miroku for being a good friend.”

He hated when girls would say that to him but this was Sango. Ever since the first day he saw her she looked amazing to him. This was the first time he ever felt something for a female that didn't turn into a relationship that only involved sex. He wanted to get to know her and hang out with her but every time he would talk to her something perverted would come out of his mouth.

“Are you ok, Miroku. You got quite there for a minute. That's never happened when you've been with me before.”

“I’m ok, just thinking to myself. Good luck!” he said as he turned and started to walk but he couldn't help himself. “Sango, real quick before I go I have a question to ask you.”

“Yes, Miroku?”

“Will you be the first female to have my child?”

“Miroku! You never stop do you, you hentai!” Sango said as she walked up to him and smacked him right in the cheek.

Miroku said nothing but he was rubbing his cheek from turning redder than what it already was.

“Go sit down Miroku. I have work to do.”

“I'm so misunderstood,” said Miroku while Sango just walked away laughing.





“Dear ladies and gentlemen, I would like to invite you to the 2009 Auction House of Inu No Taishou, Inc. I will be your auctioneer tonight, Marusa, Sango, and I hope everyone’s night is going well. So, on that note, lets begin,” everyone applauded.

“First of we have a beautiful Kimono originated from Japan. It is hand made with embroidered cotton. It dates back from the late 18th century. It belonged to a priestess who to believe was a powerful miko who saved the lives of thousands. We’ll start on the bids with $15,000.

“Anybody, anybody, ok you sir #38.”

“Anybody for $20,000 anybody, yes you sir #12.”

“$25,000 anybo… yes to you madam #24.”

“$30,000, anybody, anybody going ooonnncccee, going twwwiiiccceee, sold to the lady in red #24 for $25,000. Congratulations.”

“Wow,” Kagome couldn't believe Sango could talk that fast.

“I couldn’t believe it ether in the beginning, but she is perfect for this isn’t she,” said Inuyasha.

“Yeah, she is,” Kagome replied softly, turning her head slowly looking at him while he was looking at the people bidding. After a few seconds he turned his head slowly to look at her, realizing she was looking at him. She quickly turned her head back to the bidders.

“Everything ok,” said Hojo.

“Yes, I’m fine,” she replied. Hojo looked over to were she was looking at and realized that Inuyasha was looking at her. He slowly put his arm around Kagome’s waist which surprised her and made her blush once again.

“Ok ladies and gentleman, I have here with me a beautiful 19th century European red vase. On the top rim of the vase are 12 oval shape Rubies. This vase has a past to it. It is said that it once was owned by a pirate who ran away with his beloved to sea. He had told his beloved to meet him at the shore and they were to run away together that night and to never return. His beloved was betrothed to a knight of not of her own free will and was suppose to be getting married that following day. Well the pirate beloved met him at the sea shore but the two was greeted with the girls' betrothed and his army. They quickly set sail but was not moving fast enough so he had to get rid of some of his items and one of those items was this very own vase I have here. They made their destination in hast and lost track of the knight and his army. It was said that they lived their lives together in love and harmony. Ok we'll start with $40,000!”

“Yes, you sir, #15!”

“Do I have $50,000, anybody, yes you sir #25.”

“$55,000, oh yes to the lady in the back #27.”

“$60,000, yes, back to you #15.”

“Anyone else for $65,000, ah, yes to the lady in the back again #27.”

“$70,000, OK, it seems like were having a challenge going on here, yes back you #15.”

“#27 would you go for $75,000?” Number 27 rose up her paddle and Sango hoped she could keep this going. “Ok, $75,000 to number 27!”

“How about it #15 will you go for $80,000.” The man shook his head up and down.

“Is there anyone else who will make a bid or will it go back to you #27 $85,000 to you, miss. Miss? With no answer, going once, going twice. Congratulations to you sir, #15, for the marvelous fight you have shown us.” The man stood up, turned around, and bowed to everyone, and then he had turned to face Sango and blew a kiss to her. Sango smiled making Miroku jealous.

The night couldn't have gotten any better. Sango had sold an Arabian carpet for $35,000 and a cooking vessel from the 17th century. Even though it was thought that it would sell big time it only made up to $23,000 but still that was a good amount of money.

As the night came to an end, everyone left except for the people who had brought their artifacts.

Everyone was inside the main office talking about the big success that it had turned out to be when there was a knock at the door.

“Hi, my name is Shimane Akane, #24. Akane looked at the man standing next to her.

“And my name is Akio, Hayate, #15.”

Akane was a young looking Japanese woman that looked no older that 25, 26 years old. She had worn a fire red strapless dress with a low dip backside. Her hair was on up in a pony tale but had a couple of strains of hair that fell on her face. Hayate was a young man, 30, who had worn an Armani suit with a silky red shirt with a black tie. His hair was combed back and every female sure thought he was handsome.

“Come on in.” Sango showed Miss Shimane and Mr. Akio to a chair. “Kagome, there is a room down the hall. It has an electronic keypad on the outside. Do you mind going in there and getting the hand made Kimono #2264321 and the Vase #5647388 please. There is a cart there so you won't have to carry everything.” Sango said as she walked with Kagome to the edge of the door and whispered, “These are the numbers for the keypad. Memorize these. Those are you personalize numbers only for you. It shows when you entered the room and when you left on documentation, so make sure when you leave you type in the numbers again, almost as if you are logging out, ok. Tear the paper and then put it in the shredder.” Kagome was impressed with the security.

“Ok, I'll be right back.” Kagome left the room and made a left in the end of the hall. As Sango had said there was a closed door with a key pad at the side, as she dialed the numbers, the door opened and inside were drawers and compartments of nothing but artifacts of the past. As Kagome looked around she saw what looked like a dress in a closet and sure enough the kimono was hanging with a black plastic bag with a zipper. ‘Just a quick look’ Kagome told herself. It's beautiful,” she whispered.

“Yes, a very old beautiful Kimono,” Inuyasha told her. Kagome jumped, she didn't hear anyone come inside as well.

“I'm sorry, I just wanted to see it up close.”

“That's ok. Just don't damage it, it cost a great deal. I wanted to see if you found the room ok and to help you carry the vase,” Inuyasha told her.

“Can you tell me anything about some of the things you have in this room,” Kagome asked. She was intrigued with all the artifacts and wanted to know as much as she could about them.

“That's Sango and Miroku job. All I care about is keeping this business successful,” Inuyasha didn't really care about the merchandise. He just wanted to prove to himself that he could do something right.

“Oh, I just thought that…” she wouldn’t finish the question.

“Thought what?”

“Nothing, come on, lets' go, they’re waiting for us.” Kagome and Inuyasha, Inuyasha holding on to the vase and Kagome, the kimono, walked out the door and turned to started walking to the room.

“Oh wait, I forgot,” she turned back to the door and punched in her number password.




“Took you long enough; what kept you two?” Kikyo said at the two when they walked in with the black bag.

“Nothing, I just wanted to know if her numbers were working,” Inuyasha told her.

“There you go Mrs. Shimane,” said Kagome as she gave her the Kimono. Mrs. Shimane expected the Kimono and was amazed of the beauty it had. She loved it. She grabbed her phone and called someone. They could hear someone on the other line.

“This is Shimane, Akane, Shimane, Atsushi’s wife. I need you to wire some money to the bank account of Inu No Taishou, INC. It would be $25,000 American dollars.”

Everyone overheard what was being said on the other line, “But Mrs. I would be happy too but I would need Mr. Shimane authorization first.”

“I am Mr. Shimane's wife. I will have you put the money into the account or else this WILL be the last day you work for my husband,” she demanded on the phone.

One the other line, “Sure Mrs. right away.” Everyone could hear the nervousness of the mans' voice on the phone line. They just figured that Mrs. Shimane had dealt a lot with her husbands business so that gave her major authority over the personal.

They waited for a couple of moments. “Ok Mrs., the money is in their account.”

“Thank you very much,” Mrs. Shimane had told the man.

Kagome went to the computer and sure it was, the money was in the account.

“Thank you, Mrs. Shimane, if you could just sign two receipts, one for you and one for us, that’s all we need.” Mrs. Shimane quickly signed the document, one for herself and one for the company.

“Please come back soon,” said Kagome.

“Oh honey, I will. What does a girl do when she finds out her husband is cheating on her. She spends all of his money and that's what I intent to do.” All the girls laughed while Inuyasha and Miroku felt sorry for the poor basterd.

“If you will just give me a couple of minutes I would surely love to join you,” said Mr. Hayate, #15, as he slowly walked up to Mrs. Shimane.

“I don’t mind waiting,” she replied.

“Here is my direct credit card for my account. I believe it was $85,000,” said Mr. Hayate as he presented the card to Kagome. She quickly processed it and sure enough it was approved.

“Yes sir, $85,000 was approved. If you could just sign the receipts also,” said Kagome as she presented the documents to him.

“Well, it seems we are done here. It was a pleasure doing business with you two,” said Inuyasha as he walked up to the two to shake their hands.

“Likewise,” replied Mr. Hayate. He smoothly turned around and playfully presented his right arm to Mrs. Shimane and together they left smiling and laughing.