InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reconnect ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the genius Rumiko Takahashi.


“Over here is the office of one of our directors, Nagano, Miroku. He covers the advertisement department,” said Inuyasha as he walked up to an office door with Kagome right next to him knocking on the door.

“Come in.”

“Miroku, I would like to introduce you to our newest employee, Higurashi, Kagome. She will be working with me as my assistant.”

“Hello, Beautiful. You can call me Miroku. Inuyasha always has the best taste for picking, let say, the right woman for the job,” said Miroku as he stood up from his chair, fixed his tie, and gently and playfully grabbed Kagome’s hand to give it a feathery peck on the top side of her hand.

“Well aren’t you a friendly one,” said the blushing brunette.

“Nice to meet you too, Higurashi, Kagome.”

“What are you working on now, man?” said Inuyasha, trying to cut into the conversation and flirtation.

“Ok, so this is what I got. I came up with a new slogan, ‘The past will not be forgotten, the future will be surprising, but it is in the present that brings it all together.’ I thought we could round up a couple of people, maybe a couple or something and work with it for a billboard, maybe even make a commercial.”

“I like it,” said Kagome.

“Yeah man. I like it. Keep working on it, let me know what you got. I’m going to continue showing Kagome around. See you later,” said Inuyasha as he shook his friend hand with a smile then taking a step back to Kagome. “Let’s go Kagome, I want to show you the auction room.”

“Your going to see Sango?” said Miroku with a mischievous expression.

Yes…WE are and you have work to do,” said Inuyasha as he walked Kagome out the door.

“There is always room for a break, I’ll come with you,” Miroku caught up with them outside his office door.

“Come on man, when are you going to leave her alone.”

“When she finally realizes that she will be the woman I marry,” said Miroku but it didn’t stop Kagome from chuckling.

“What’s so funny?” said Miroku and Inuyasha together.

“Is this a one way relationship or has she given you anything that might suggest that she want more?”

With a curious, doubtful voice, “Well, there was that one time when she…wait there was that one place where…well… she knows I care for her.”

“Yeah, she does have a point,” said Inuyasha as he gave a sarcastic smile towards his friend.

“Until she expresses her true feeling that’s when it’s a relationship,” said Kagome as she started taking small steps backwards, “So which way?”


After catching the elevator to the next floor, going down the hall they came up to a girl with long black hair with a lose ponytail wearing black slacks with a silky red v-shape top.

“She’s absolutely beautiful.” Kagome and Inuyasha turned to see Miroku staring at Sango.

Inuyasha guided Kagome to the girl, “Sango, this is Higurashi, Kagome . I‘m showing her around, she will be my new assistant,” Inuyasha turned to Kagome, “Kagome this is Marusa, Sango.”

“Nice to meet you, Marusa-sama.”

“Call me Sango please.”

“Sango is our auctioneer and this is where are biddings take place,” said Inuyasha as he raised his arm to demonstrate and show off the double doors that lead to the auction room.

“I’ve always thought the auctioneer was a really interesting position. You have to take control, make sure everything is running smoothly, and have the ability to take quick action. I don’t think I could ever handle that much responsibility all together,” said Kagome.

Sango replied, “It really isn’t that hard. I like it, for me its an adventure. I like the quick pace and its exciting.”

“Well, my dear Sango, how are you doing this lovely morning. Did you dream about me like I dreamt of you last night, the wedding, how beautiful you look in your dress, the honeymoon. I remember it so clearly,” Miroku interrupted, grabbing Sango’s hand, kissing the top.

“Funny, my dreams never involve you. Wonder why?” Sango hurts.

“Ouch, straight to my heart with your dagger,” the girls laughed and Inuyasha chuckled as he acted out a very dramatized version of Shakespeare’s play.

“Come on Kagome, I’ll show you around. If we stay here any longer we will end up like the boys.” Kagome laughed while Sango looped her arm into hers.

“Hey, when did I get involve. This is all Miroku,” said Inuyasha as he followed the girls two steps behind.

Sango opened the two brown French doors and everyone entered. Inuyasha and Sango had an expression of pride on their face but Miroku couldn't help but stare at the girls' behinds, then at the room, then at the behinds again. He, too, was also enjoying the view. Kagome couldn't believe how big the room was. It had at least fifty chairs and a couple balconies for private customers. The stage had a cherry, dark, wooden floor, a stand that was covered with black velvet material with red, ivory Europe curtains and a beautiful chandelier right in the center of the room

“This, Kagome-chan, is where all of the fun happens,” Sango told Kagome.

“This room is soooo beautiful. The pictures I've seen don't do it justice. Who designed this room?”

“You like it then?” Kagome thought that was an understatement. “It was Inu…” Sango said until Inuyasha stopped her, “It was my brothers idea.”

“Great job. This place is really beautiful,” she mentioned again as she kept a stare towards the room. Sango leaned back to look at Inuyasha with a confused expression on here face. Inuyasha shook his head towards her, as if he was saying ‘drop it’, and then back to Kagome.

“Kagome, we’ll go ahead and take our lunch. You get an hour lunch and after that well met in my office and I’ll show you your desk and well start getting ready for tomorrow,” said Inuyasha as he tied his suit jacket and led her and Sango out.

“Sure,” said Kagome.

“Kagome-sama, if you don’t mind would you care to have lunch with me,” said Sango.

“Great,” said Kagome.

“My dear Sango, until the next time I see you again, know that my heart will always be yours,” said Miroku as he leaned closer to Sango trying to catch a kiss from here. At that moment Sango moved her head and he stopped, smiled, and kissed her cheek.

“I’ll see you later Inuyasha, Miroku behave,” said Sango right before she left with Kagome.










With Inuyasha and Miroku long gone the girls relaxed a little. “So it seems the Miroku has a crush on you Sango-chan,” said Kagome.

“No he’s always like that and not just too me. I see him flirting with other girls so I don’t take it serious,” said Sango with a little disappointment.

“Funny because I saw he was staring at you just now and to me it didn’t seem like just anything.”

“Really? Still it wouldn’t work out?”

“Why not?” said Kagome.

“I had a lot of things happened to me when I was younger and I don’t think he wants that in his life. Anyway, Kagome, like I said he is like that for a lot of ladies. He really doesn’t take it seriously. Lets get something to eat, ok.”

“I do feel like a sandwich and salad,” said Kagome, knowing that the previous conversation was making her new friend uncomfortable and wanting to stop. As they ascended to the end of the hallway, they bumped onto the lady with long black hair, serious face that held brown eyes filled with confidence, Kikyo Fukui.

“Hi, Kikyo. How are you doing this morning,” said Sango to Kikyo.

“Just fine, Sango. How have you been?,” she replied.

“Oh, just fine. I’ve just met Kagome, have you two been introduced yet?”

“No, not yet,” said Kikyo as he looked over to Kagome. Kagome couldn’t make out if she was just a serious person or if something was bothering her. She hoped it wasn’t her.

“Well, Kikyo, this is Higurashi, Kagome. Kagome, this is Fukui, Kikyo, she is part owner of Inu No Taishou, Inc, she runs the information department of our items. Kagome is going to be Inuyasha’s new assistant,” said Sango as she tried politely to introduce the two, seeing the expression on Kikyo’s face, the same one Kagome noticed.

“Well, its nice to meet you Higurashi-sama,” said Kikyo as she gently shook Kagome’s hand.

“Nice to meet you too, Fukui-Sama,” said Kagome.

“Kikyo would be just fine.”

“Ok then, Kikyo.”

“I’ll see you girls later then,” said Kikyo as she gave a polite, friendly kiss on Sango kiss saying goodbye.

Making sure Kikyo was far from hearing range Sango mentioned, “Well, she likes you,” she said sarcastically.

“You felt the love too, huh.”

“Come on, lets go before we waste the whole hour here at this hallway,” chuckled Sango.










“So man, what do you think?” Miroku asked his best friend. Eventually they had decided to go to their regular place, a simple but elegant restaurant.

“About what man?” Inuyasha said taking a sip of tea.

“Come on, don't act stupid! About Kagome-sama?” said Miroku.

“Tell me, what am I suppose to say. She seems like a good girl, a little weird but she seems like a reliable person.” Inuyasha told him but there was something about Kagome that he couldn’t get quite a hold on but for the moment he was going to keep this feeling he had to himself. “Anyway, what’s up with you man. I think you went overboard today with Sango. I’m telling you man, if you hurt her, I will hurt you.”

“I know, I know. Its just when it comes to Sango I lose it. I know she is like a sister to you but I cant help it man.”

“I know, I just don't want any problems at work,” Inuyasha did see Sango as only a sister and so because of that he didn’t want to see her hurt by anyone including his best friend.

“I do love her man and I hope that one day I could show her that. I seriously do mean that, Inuyasha.”
“I know you do Miroku but to Sango it seams like you really don’t care. Come on, you flirt with basically every female that enters the building so how is she suppose to take you seriously huh?”

“For now on I’m going to change. I’ll will show her that I could change and be the man she needs,” Miroku said straightening his back, almost making it seem like he was going to pound on his chest as if he was the head gorilla in the pack.

“Sure, man, sure,” smiled Inuyasha as he and his friend were just about to finish their lunch.











“So , Inuyasha and you have been friends for awhile huh,” said Kagome.

“Yeah, Kikyo and I went to the same college together. We met because we had a couple of the same classes together and eventually got to knew each other. He claims that he had seen me somewhere else but I’m pretty sure we haven’t met or seen each other before college.”

“Funny, he said the same thing to me too. When I went to his office for the first time, he said that if we had ever met and that he recognized me from somewhere, too, but I’m pretty sure that I haven’t seen him in person before this day as well.”

“Strange,” said Sango as she took a sip of water. “So after awhile we started to spend time together, just as friends, and then he met Kikyo, who was my best friend at the time, and was attracted to her. That was about five years ago and they are barely taking it to the next level. To tell you the truth, she wants the engagement more than he does,” Sango told Kagome.

“So they are in a relationship,” said Kagome with a hint of sadness. ‘Wait, why am I upset about this’ she said to herself.

“Yes but I know he only asked her to marry him was to only get her of his back. I just know it. It took a year for her to keep insisting that they get married until he finally gave in.”

“Why does he stay with her if he is not happy,” said Kagome.

“I don’t know. I told him once if he did really love her and he replied, ‘She is what every man wants, isn’t she,’ So see, he really didn’t answer my question. Why are so interested in him huh. Don’t tell me that your falling for the guy already?”

“NO!, no. I just wanted to get to know him a little more since we well be working together,” said a nervous Kagome as she took a bit of her sandwich.

“Kagome, there is going to be a small auction going on tonight. I don't know if Inuyasha has told you anything about it but I think you should go. It's good to see first hand what we do here.”

“Sure, I would love to go,” Kagome said excitedly.

“Ok, dress formal and I'll see you there at five. I'll put your name on the guest list since you probably are not on the computer system yet until tomorrow. You shouldn’t have any problems getting in ok.”

“I'll see you tonight then, ” Kagome and Sango stood and left the restaurant to return to work.

“WAIT!” Sango stopped immediately thinking something was wrong or if they has forgotten something.

“I have nothing to wear!” Kagome said out loud. Sango stared at her, took a breath, shook her head and chuckled.

“Come on, I’ll help you in that department,” said Sango. Before heading back to work, they took a little detour, fixing the problem for Kagome.


Thanks a lot for reading. I lost connection with my internet so I wasn’t able to post this chapter sooner. Sorry! If you like it please give me a review so I could see if you guy are liking the story or not. Thanks Again!