InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reconnect ❯ Old Friends? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the genius Rumiko Takahashi.
Old Friends?

“Damn! Kagome screamed from inside of her car. Already 9:50 a.m. she was five minutes late for her interview. She entered the building and saw that the elevators were being fixed; to the left she saw a door with a stairs sign on it, “Why me?” she had to expressed. Barely able to open the door after going up five set of stairs she saw a line of ladies and gentlemen standing in a line in front of a secretary desk, the first being a tall, built man with an Armani suit on.

“Listen, I just walked up five set of stairs and now you tell me to take a seat because it might take awhile. I thought this was a new up and coming business we are dealing here. The elevators are not working and you guys are not ready to start your day. What is this?!” said the tall man in an loud and angry voice.

“Like I said sir, I’m very sorry but there is nothing I can do about it. This is a new building so we are trying to get everything straightened out. Please if you’ll just take a seat I’m sure they will see you very shortly,” said the secretary.

“Yeah, sure, I’ll take a seat,” he replied with sarcasm.

“Thank you very much.”

The angry man grabbed a magazine from the desk and hurriedly strode to the seats. A couple of minutes passed and finally it was her turn ‘Alright, put yourself together girl’ she said to herself as she stood at the end of the line with her portfolio, fixing her hair a little with her fingers as much as she could.

“Welcome to Inu No Taishou, Inc., sorry for any inconvenience we caused but our elevators are being repaired.”

“Not a problem. My name is Higurashi, Kagome and I have an interview at 9:45 but of course I’m late,” Kagome expressed in a good way smiling, even chuckling a little, while turning slightly to express the many people there. “And the elevator didn’t help much. Just between you and me, I wasn’t haven’t that much of a good hair day anyway.”

The secretary shrugged his shoulders giving a gently smile, “don’t worry about it.” Looking back down at his computer typing Kagome’s name into the system he looked around at the people who came before her.

“You know what, you have been the only one who was nice about the whole thing. I’m going to jump you up the list,” said the secretary as he was typing away.

“Can you do that?”

“I just did,” he replied in a low tone of voice.

“Hey, thanks a lot!”

“Sure, but please don’t act too excited, I don’t think these people are all that generous as I am.”

“Oh, sorry,” shrugged Kagome who was trying not to act to suspicious but was actually making it a lot worse.

A chuckling secretary by the name of Jinenji replied, “Just take a seat and I’ll call you shortly.”

“Again, thanks a lot,” said Kagome as she took a seat.

************************************************************ ************

“So, Inuyasha, how was your date last night,” said Miroku.

“Good. I took her to get something to eat and then we went back to her apartment.”

“And…”

“And what?”

“Don’t do this to me man! What happened with you two last night?” said Miroku as he was getting closer to his buddy for five years now, even going to the same college where they met for the first time.

“And that is all I’m going to tell you,” Inuyasha wasn’t about to tell him the whole story. He may like going out with a lot with girls he hardly knew but he wasn’t a hentai.

“Now I get it, you got nowhere. She probably blew you off and now you are changing the story so you can seem like a big shot right!” Miroku knew his buddy was a ladies man and loved it but he knew he was going to have to push his buttons to get any information out of him. He took a seat and acted as if he won this conversation, crossing his leg over his and fixing is jacket.

“Fine, I’ll tell you what happened. I went up to her apartment…”

Knock, Knock

“Inuyasha, I have your 9:45 appointment waiting for you, Miss Higurashi, Kagome” said Jinenji.

“Thanks a lot; send her in,” said Inuyasha as he straightened his tie, Jinenji leaving, closing the door behind him.

“Kagome, huh?” said Miroku in an interesting voice.

“I’ll see you later Miroku.”

“What! What about the story you were telling me.”

“I have better things to do and so do you,” the silver hair man said as he stood up making Miroku to stand up, too, to walk him to the door which opened expectedly.

“Inuyasha, this is Higurashi Kagome,” said Jinenji.

“Thank you. Miroku, I’ll see you later,” said Inuyasha as he patted his shoulder and waved for Kagome to come in.

“Yeah, sure thing,” said a defeated Miroku as he passed Kagome. Behind her he stared at her with a smile on his face. From his position he had a perfect picture of the one thing he couldn’t be without, a lovely backside.

“This way Miroku,” said Jinenji as he was eyeing the pervert and escorting him out of the room, having Inuyasha and Kagome’s attention.

“Sorry about that, please have a seat,” said Inuyasha as he pointed out which seat for her to sit down.

“It seems like he is a friendly guy,” said Kagome as she made her way to the seat pushing her skirt behind her legs.

“Sometimes too friendly,” Inuyasha replied back with a hint of frustration. “Well Miss….”

“Higurashi, Kagome. Let me just say this sir, it’s a privilege being here today. I’ve heard a lot of good praises about this company.”

“Really, I’m glad,” said Inuyasha as he finally looked up for the first time, with just the two of them in the office. At the first site of her face he had a rush of something come over him. A sense of familiarity. “Have we met before?” Inuyasha had a puzzled looked on his face which startled Kagome, making her nervous.

“I don’t think so. May I ask why?”

“I could have sworn I’ve seen you somewhere. Well anyway…” Inuyasha changed the subject. He knew he had seen her someplace, sometime before but couldn’t place it, but being the man he is, he passed on it. Too much to do in so little time he always thought. “According to your portfolio you went to a local high school but went to a Columbia University in Tokyo. You’ve majored in History, Business, and Accounting all in four years with a minor in Art.”

“Yes sir. I decided to go to school to study History but I decided to take on other majors too to help me get a better career for the future but I have to say I really do love history. It is probably because I’m from a long line of Miko’s and because I have heard so many stories from my grandfather I’m just addicted to it.”

“Well Miss Higurashi, your hired. You can start tomorrow,” said Inuyasha as he put away all the paper work that came with the portfolio.

“Just like that, I got the job?” Kagome was stunned. Never once had an interview gone so quick for her as it did for this one.

“Yes. I will show you around the building today so you could know your way around tomorrow,” said Inuyasha as he stood up.

“If I might ask sir, why did you so quickly decided to hire me? There are a lot of other candidates out there and I’m just the first girl you saw today.” Kagome had to ask even though she knew it might irritate him asking such a question.

“Frankly, I don’t have time to interview everyone today. Its boring and long and I don’t feel like it today. Lets go,” Inuyasha said as he respectfully put one hand on her back to lead her out of the office.

“Sure. I am truly appreciated that you decided to hire me even though it was a quickie,” Kagome blurted out before she could changed her words. Inuyasha laughed bringing a bright blush on Kagome’s face.

A knock come from the door. “ Inuyasha, I haven’t seen you all day, how come you didn’t see me this morning,” blurted a women with long black hair that belonged to a beautiful face with big brown eyes.

“Kikyo,” said Inuyasha who didn’t move an inch including his hand still on Kagome’s back.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you had anyone here.” Kikyo invited herself into the room standing closer to the two, eyeing his arm on her back.

“Kikyo, this is Higurashi, Kagome, my new assistant. I just hired her,” said Inuyasha as he gently moved his hand from her back to walk up to Kikyo to kiss her on the cheek. “Kagome, can you give me five minutes. I’ll meet you outside.”

“Sure,” said a stunned Kagome. In fact there were a lot of people being hired for all sorts of openings but only one assistant. It was never cleared, according to the ad, what the assistant position acquired but she never would have guessed she would be the assistant to the president of the company . For her it was a really good position, a good starting place for the beginning of her career. She grabbed her portfolio from the desk and headed out towards the door. Kikyo couldn’t keep her eyes off her, eyeing her as she passed to leave the room.

“Kikyo, you could have been a nicer you know,” said Inuyasha as he went back to sit on his chair. Kikyo followed.

“Why did you have your hand on her back?” She said as she had her arms crossed and was leaning on the edge of the desk.

“I was just escorting her out of the office so I could orientate her around the building.” After Inuyasha and Kikyo announced that they had became an official couple something changed in her. She would always ask where he was or where he is. Always calling and asking him questions. In the beginning he just let it passed but lately it had really started to put a strained for him on their relationship.

“And you just hired her like that. There are still a lot of people out there waiting to be interviewed.”

“Look Kikyo, I have a long day ahead and I didn’t want to waist it on interviewing people. She had high recommendations and went to good schools. She checks out. What more can you want?!”

“Ok, I’m sorry. You know how jealous I can be.” Kikyo got close to Inuyasha winding her arms behind his neck.

“And its getting annoying,” said Inuyasha as he pushed his face back.

“I said I was sorry. What do you want me to do to make you feel better huh?” said Kikyo as she leaned closer gently placing butterfly kisses, starting with his forehead, moving to his left cheek then his right. Gently she kissed him on his lips, getting no response. She kissed him a little harder this time nibbling on his bottom lip, biting down a little. That brought a small crease of a smile on his lips which brought him kissing her back allowing her full access to his mouth. Enjoying it he put his arm on her back allowing her to sit on his lap, having Kikyo feeling the full effect this was bringing him. He slid his arm slowly down her back caressing it, giving feathery touches down her spine which brought her goosebumps. He brought his hand back down to reach for the back of her leg only bring it back up again going for her behind this time. Kikyo, never leaving his lips free, started to breath hard and let out small voices of exoticness.

“Inuyasha, aren’t you kind of busy now,” said Kikyo as she finally let go of his lips to kiss his neck.

“What,” he couldn’t comprehend anything at this point.

“Your new assistant…”

“Oh shit, I forgot. Sorry, we’ll finish this tonight,” Inuyasha finally said as he gently pushed his girlfriend off him still planting small kisses on her lips. Kikyo couldn’t help but chuckle as he saw Inuyasha stand up, straightening his suit making sure there was no evidence of their make out session on him, especially at a certain area that might be highly recognizable.

**************************************************** ********************
At the front desk


Kagome walked straight to the front desk, “Hey guess what?”

“You got the job.”

“Yeah, thanks a lot. He actually hired me because he didn’t feel like interviewing anyone else but who cares, at least I got a job,” said Kagome a little too loudly.

“Shhhhh….remember what I said earlier,” Jinenji pointed at the group of people still waiting to be interviewed for the position. “Anyway, where is Inuyasha?”

“He is still in the office. Some lady came in, I think her name was Kikyo.”

“That’s his girlfriend. Make sure you get on her good side early on because if you don’t then watch out. Congratulations! I guess I’ll be seeing you everyday now, huh?”

“Yeah, I guess so. I should introduce myself properly. Higurashi, Kagome, please to met you.” Kagome scooted back a little so she could bow at him.

“Pleasure all mine, Hiroshi Jinenji,” said Jinenji as he too bowed down to Kagome.

“Sorry, but have we met before. I just got the strange feeling I’ve seen you before and that’s funny because Inuyasha-sama just said the same thing about me. He thought he had seen me somewhere but I doubt it but what about you?” Kagome was getting slightly confused now.

“I would have remembered you I’m sure. It seems like that is going around a lot. Inuyasha is sure taking his time isn’t he.” Jinenji took a seat back at his chair behind his desk. Kagome kept slightly looking at him from the side, profiling him. She just had that feeling that she had seen him before. Looking at him she never realized how handsome he was, standing about seven ft. high with short black hair and beautiful sky blue eyes with a face that is easily noticeable. Staring at Jinenji, Kagome didn’t realized that Inuyasha was coming out of office coming straight at her.

“You ready Kagome.”

Kagome startled, replying, “Yes Inuyasha-sama.”

“Just call me Inuyasha. Lets get started.”

“Inuyasha, what should I tell the other people,” said Jinenji. He noticed that the people waiting for him were all staring at the three of them, not one of them with a happy face on.

“Just have Miroku interview them and tell them we’ll be in touch.”

“Ok, whatever you say boss.” Jinenji knew Inuyasha had won another of their famous conversations because of the request he just made him do. “I feel sorry for the poor bastard.”