InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Grey ❯ A Youkai's Claim ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
resounding crack echoed loudly in his sensitive ears, and the silence that followed the surprising sound was deafening. Electric blue eyes blinked in mild confusion, as the youkai raised a clawed hand to his stinging cheek in complete disbelief.

Shocked gasps surrounded him and he felt more than heard the others backing away to make room for his imminent retaliation. Had she just. . . His eyes skipped over the cringing crowd, searching for confirmation, and found it immediately in the faces of his astonished comrades.

Surprise slowly faded into blinding rage as the truth of his own words sank in.

She had! The bitch had just slapped him!

A momentary pulse in his youki was the only warning before his hand snaked out and took hold of the girl by her indecently small garment. Snatching her to him with the speed he was known for, he watched with poorly veiled interest as the girl's midnight black hair settled around her shoulders.

She had struck him. A ningen had struck him! She deserved to be punished! She deserved to be an example to the others! She. . . She was looking at him.

He shuddered involuntarily as her cobalt eyes hidden beneath smoky lashes raised themselves to his. The surge of primal attraction shocked him, as he had never thought of humans as anything but dinner. But as her breath expelled heavily from her rose tinted lips he felt a moment of heart gripping despair at memories of countless villages burned.

Had they all contained creatures like this?!

The look of complete indignation and the fire in her eyes that leapt to attack him amused him immensely. It burned furiously melting a part of his soul that he hadn't been sure was there until that very moment. His grip tightened reflexively as the pure smell of her assaulted all of his senses simultaneously.

Breathing in the aroma was borderline intoxicating and he watched with an arrogant smirk as her aura pulsed in blatant rebellion. Her glare pierced his cocky facade and he decided that he rather liked her show of spirit.

She was speaking again he realized, though he didn't hear the words. Something about someone coming for her?

Smile widening at her apparent irritation at his inattention he searched those hypnotizing eyes again for the fear that should by all rights be there. Would be there if she'd been any other human girl. Nothing. The girl was fearless. At least when riled. But that was more than enough for him.

The more scathing comments she snapped at him the more his body heated with uncharacteristic desire. Pulling her closer, his decision made, the girl in his arms finally quieted abruptly.

Apparently the girl could sense more than just Shikon shards, he thought wryly, as her expression changed from utter wrath to embarrassment at her own physical awareness. The blush that rose swiftly over her cheeks did little to deter him. The innocent gesture only strengthened his building attraction to the mysterious creature.

His unfocused mind fumbled for the words to declare what he felt. He wanted them to be perfect. He wanted them to convey the novel emotion she stirred within him. He wanted. . . well he wanted her.

"You are my woman," Kouga announced, secretly proud that he'd stunned the unflappable girl into silence. Her struggles ceased as her eyes widened considerably taking in the youkai and his unexpected words. The statement was merely a formality as the Prince of Wolves had never asked for anything in the centuries of his existence.

He had hoped to inspire the same burning emotions that were currently spreading through him. But the human known as Kagome just continued to look bewildered and overwhelmed. No matter. She would learn to return his affection. The shards she would help him collect would make him invincible and no girl in her right mind, human or youkai, would be able to resist that.

Reaching for his prize he was shocked into hesitation as her beautiful head snapped up and she gave him the look of absolute dedication he had longed for. Her eyes softened and the smile that graced her face could only be described as radiant. The aura he couldn't help but admire now glowed with anticipation and promise.

The change in her was radical, though the wolf demon had no idea what had triggered the shift. She'd obviously had a change of heart. Who was he to question her motives? Who was he to demand an explanation?

"Inuyasha," his traitorous vision breathed happily.

Who was he to. . . WHO THE HELL WAS INUYASHA?!

His normally superb senses had been dulled by his fixation on the girl. With closer inspection he realized the look that he had wistfully believed had been intended for him was in fact being aimed slightly over his shoulder. He vaguely recalled her threats of someone coming to "rescue" her as he turned his attention to the furious red garbed youkai atop the cliff.

The silver haired boy's stance exuded defiance and his amber eyes screamed "Fuck you!", as Kouga growled low in his throat in bitter rage. The boy proceeded to yell at Kagome, whose face betrayed none of the longing he had glimpsed there.

As the couple argued rather loudly Kouga took a long sniff to identify his adversary.

Dog demon. Great.

A more detailed analysis only caused him to groan inwardly. Hanyou. Even better.

The wolf demon listened disinterestedly as "Inuyasha" bellowed his annoyance to the girl below. His show of temper didn't fool him, and he knew the boy was aware of it as his eyes flicked to him momentarily and narrowed.

Kouga found a kindred spirit and a mortal enemy in the same moment.

He recognized the look on the dog demon's face. It was the same one that had been on his face since he'd encountered the girl standing beside him. It reassured him slightly to know that he was not the only youkai ensnared within the lovely miko's spell.

But that was where the bond ended.

He had declared the girl his in front of his pack, and he wasn't about to back down to some loudmouthed hanyou with an oversized sword. He turned his eyes back to the object of his desire, smirking as she fidgeted beneath his direct gaze.

He wished for her to look at him as she had the mutt a few moments before, but understood when she did not. His Kagome was nothing but loyal. Her flickering gaze and mild fascination would do for now.

One day she would come to her senses.

Until then, he thought, pulling the surprised girl into his arms laughing inwardly at the audible growl that emitted from behind him, he would torment the one who currently held her wayward heart.




* * * Blanket Disclaimer: Inuyasha's mine? Keh! I wish! I'm just borrowing `em. * * *