InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She's Like The Wind / The Power of Love ❯ The Star and the Crescent Moon ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: (deep sigh)…InuYasha still belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
Chapter 16: The Star and the Crescent Moon (Warning: Chapter contains Lemons)
 
Sesshomaru was still alone in his study, thinking about how things had come full circle. If you had told him even a few months ago he would even have a civil conversation with his younger brother, much less a discussion like the one that they had just had, he would have thought you were nuts. And yet, here he was after all those years of hatred, welcoming InuYasha and his mate into his home, and asking him for advice on how to please his intended. It was hard to believe that it was just over two years ago that he was trying to kill both InuYasha and Kagome, and had attacked them several times since. He'd heard it said that `What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,' and in InuYasha's case, it was certainly true. Every trial he had been through InuYasha had not only survived, but learned and become stronger because of it.
 
His thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at the door. Kanti entered with the healer close behind.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru. We must begin the preparations for you to take Lady Sajjanneba as your mate,” Kanti said to him as Dara stepped forward with a small bowl and knife.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, I must have some of your blood to prepare a potion to help Lady Sajjanneba develop immunity to your poison so she will not be harmed during the ritual,” Dara barely spoke above a whisper.
 
Sesshomaru replied, “I understand,” as he presented his arm for the healer to take the blood that she needed. While it was possible for the mating to take place without the precaution, it was far safer to do it this way considering the toxicity of Sesshomaru's poison. While his blood was not as poisonous as his claws, it still contained the deadly venom. Dara was very careful as she gathered what she needed in the small bowl.
 
When she was finished, Sesshomaru licked his wound to heal it and asked, “How long will the immunization process take?”
 
Dara responded, “If we are not careful, it will make her sick. If I give her gradually increasing dosages over the course of the next three days, she should be able to withstand the mating ritual with you as long as you do not accidentally inject her with your claws. It will be weeks before she would be immune to your pure poison.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded in response, and Dara left the room leaving Kanti behind.
 
Kanti was the first to speak, “I know you are anxious, My Lord, but it is best to do it this way. We want no harm to come to Lady Sajjanneba. Perhaps you can use the next few days to spend more time with her, and also with Rin. Rin is a small child and needs to understand that she is gaining a mother, rather than losing you whom she considers as a father. Shippou keeps her company, but it is you she loves and follows with unquestionable loyalty.”
 
Sesshomaru looked thoughtfully at his closest friend and advisor, and realized that he was right. He would spend the next few days courting Sajjanneba properly, and spending time with both her and Rin.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha did not reappear until lunch the next day. Enjoying the privacy of their suite, they had made full use of it well into the night and then enjoyed the morning lounging around, much of it in the bath. Even InuYasha was starting to resemble a prune when they finally decided they should join the others. The couple knew they needed to spend some time with Shippou since they had been away for several weeks.
 
They all enjoyed a casual lunch in the dining room. Sajjanneba had started taking the potion Dara had prepared for her and was feeling a bit ill. Sesshomaru walked her back to her quarters while InuYasha and Kagome followed Shippou outside. He had talked Kanti into helping him demonstrate some of the things he had learned in their absence.
 
Shippou was bright and had picked up a lot in the few weeks the others had been off to battle Naraku. Both InuYasha and Kagome were amazed at how much he had learned in the short time Kanti had been training him. Rin had come along and would clap and cheer in all the right places to encourage him. Kagome told him he was doing very well as did InuYasha in his own way, “Oi - that was pretty good, runt.”
 
Shippou just folded his arms and looked at him, “Keh.”
 
When he had shown them his new tricks and illusions, Kanti dismissed him. Rin was waiting eagerly for him and they ran off into the gardens to play. Rin also wanted to go and say hello to Ah-Uhn and take him his favorite grass. She had been told how he helped in the battle by killing Naraku's Saimyoushou and she wanted to reward him.
 
Kagome took InuYasha's hand as they strolled through the grounds. As they walked through the beautiful gardens, InuYasha was the one to speak first, “Kagome?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Have you thought about what your mother asked - about what you want to do?” InuYasha asked quietly.
 
“Somewhat. I kind of would like to finish school. I only have one year left and the next session starts in just a few weeks. I think I could do well if I could stay there so I could study. But I couldn't stay without you, and I don't know how you would feel about staying in my time for several months,” Kagome responded rather seriously.
 
“I think I could handle it as long as I was with you. Your grandpa always needs help around the shrine moving heavy objects and stuff, and I don't mind helping your mother with her shopping. Maybe you could teach me to read and write better while we are there. I was glad I had learned what you taught us when Sesshomaru asked me to record that stuff in his journal for him,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome pulled InuYasha to her and kissed him, “I do love you, but what would we do about Shippou?”
 
“What about the runt?”
 
“We would be gone for months, maybe a year. Do you think he would want to stay with Sango and Miroku?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha was silent for a minute before he answered her, “You know, the runt has gotten pretty good in the few weeks he has been here with Kanti, and he and Rin seem really happy together. Maybe we should talk to Sesshomaru and Kanti about Shippou remaining with them if he would like to. We could never teach him the things that Kanti is. I could teach him the basics of hunting and stuff, but I don't know nothing about kitsune powers. Plus, Kanti and his mate seem to like looking after him.”
 
Kagome nodded her head and replied, “That might be a good idea if Shippou would go for it. I would feel better knowing he is here where he is learning and safe. And Rin could really use his company - with Sesshomaru taking Sajjanneba as his mate, he probably won't have as much time for her, at least at first. I mean, look how much we've been together, and we've known each other for two years. They've only known each other a few weeks.”
 
Inuyasha breathed in her ear as he replied, “That just means I had two years of frustration to catch up on.”
 
Kagome giggled as she responded, “You think it was only you?” then wrapped her arms around him and kissed him.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
Sesshomaru and Sajjanneba had decided to come out and were sitting on one of the benches in the garden. They were somewhat out of sight of the others, but had most of the gardens within their view. Sajjanneba had a smile on her face as they witnessed the exchange between InuYasha and his mate.
 
“I did not think it was possible for two mates to care for each other so much. In my pack, it was more of a necessity to keep the purity and continuation of the line. The mates sometime grew to care for each other, but nothing like what those two exhibit,” Sajjanneba said quietly.
 
Sesshomaru responded thoughtfully, “I think it partly the human in them. The miko is human, and InuYasha is half. Humans exhibit emotions that are considered unseemly by youkai. InuYasha is a hanyou, but he basically has a human heart and soul. His emotions are more suppressed than a human's, but he still has them - they probably help draw him to her, but I'm not certain any more. I never understood my father's devotion to his mother until I took in Rin. She has followed me with complete dedication since the day I revived her. She waits for me willingly without question, and then welcomes me when I return. It is difficult to explain, except that she has shown loyalty to me above any demon and expects nothing in return.”
 
Sajjanneba asked, “I'm surprised the union of the two was allowed, or at least not despised. She is a miko and he a hanyou. Hanyous rarely live into adulthood, much less take a mate. Normally neither human nor demon will have them. And then the miko - they are usually trained to slay demons, aren't they?”
 
“The circumstances that brought the two together were most unusual. They were forced to unite to search for the sacred jewel shards when the jewel was shattered. Kagome was able to see the jewel shards, apparently even feel them from miles away, but she needed InuYasha's strength to retrieve them when found since they were usually in the possession of a demon. InuYasha originally wanted the jewel for himself, so he was forced to work with her if he wanted to gain his wish. Kagome is from a different place and untrained in her miko powers. She had not been taught to judge others for what they were. When she met InuYasha, he was cold and hard and trusted no one. I do not know what she did that she was able to gain his trust, much less win his heart,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Why did you give your permission? Could you not have denied him taking a human as his mate?” Sajjanneba asked.
 
“I have seen the strength that she gives him. I can't explain it, but she seems to complete him. She has stood by his side when all others would have fled. Plus, he led a miserable life up until the time he met her. His mother died when he was young, and I in my anger refused to do anything to assist him. He had been totally alone since he was a young child. He had to be tough to survive because most would have died in his position. It took a great deal of courage for him to come and ask me to take her as his mate. It is clear that the two are soul mates - their auras were already starting to combine before the union was even forged. I could not deny them,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“How exactly did they meet?” Sajjanneba was curious how the two came together.
 
“Do you remember the other miko, the walking undead, that appeared and then went to hell with Naraku?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
Sajjanneba nodded, so he continued, “She pinned him to a tree with a spell that was supposed to last forever and then died.”
 
“She what?!” Sajjanneba exclaimed.
 
“It was one of Naraku's first tricks. He tricked them into betraying each other. Naraku made InuYasha believe that Kikyou was trying to kill him, which sent him to steal the Sacred Jewel. Naraku had already attacked Kikyou in the form of InuYasha so she thought InuYasha had attacked her for the jewel. Kikyou shot InuYasha with a sacred arrow and pinned him to the Sacred Tree. That's where Kagome found him fifty years later in an enchanted sleep. In the course of being attacked by a centipede youkai, she managed to wake him and then freed him from the tree. It was shortly after that the jewel was shattered and they started their journey to gather the shards.”
 
Sajjanneba shook her head. The story was too crazy to be made up.
 
Sajjanneba smiled at him, “I just hope that we can be happy together. Would you mind walking me back in? The potion I'm taking makes me a bit tired.”
 
Sesshomaru stood up and offered his arm before escorting back to her quarters. He could smell her arousal as she watched Kagome and InuYasha, but he was surprised when she invited him into her suite. He nodded and came in, and she closed the door behind him.
 
Sajjanneba reached up and kissed him softly. He willingly complied and deepened the kiss, asking for entrance with his tongue. She parted her lips and let him in to explore within, gently stroking his tongue with hers. She knew that they could not start the mating ritual until she had developed immunity to his poison, but saw no reason they could not try some of the other things that Kagome told her about. She took him by the hand, and led him to her bedroom. The scent of her arousal filled the room.
 
When she reached the bed, she kissed him again and then nuzzled under his chin in submission. As she did, she dropped her kimono on the floor, and then lay down on the bed.
 
Her beauty stunned Sesshomaru. He suddenly understood some of what InuYasha had tried to explain to him. Right now his own needs did not matter - all he wanted to do was please the beautiful creature before him. He leaned over and kissed her again as he fondled her breast with his hand. She arched her back so that she was pressing into his hand, so he started trailing kisses down her neck and shoulder until he had pulled her nipple into his mouth. Twirling his tongue around it, he was still massaging the other breast with his palm and thumb.
 
Deciding it was time to take InuYasha's advice, he continued his kisses and nips down her stomach, stopping to dip in her navel. He finally reached down and nuzzled the soft fur between her legs, then licked up the middle. She gasped and arched her back at the sensation, and then spread her legs, bending her knees to give him better access. She thrust herself into him, wanting him to continue. Using his thumb and fingers, he pulled her apart and started to probe with his tongue. Her sighs and gasps made it clear that she was enjoying the sensations he was causing. She was also getting very wet and heated. The scent was making his eyes bleed red. He started exploring inside her with his tongue, reaching deep and licking the walls.
 
At some point she decided he needed help because extra fingers suddenly appeared as she pulled herself apart for him, spreading her legs further as she came slightly off of the bed. He found the button that his little brother had told him about and started massaging it with the flesh of his thumb. He was afraid to insert his fingers into her yet because of the poison of his claws, so he kept digging in with his tongue while rubbing with his thumb.
 
He kept probing with his tongue until he found an area that seemed to get an extra response - she was starting to buck. He pulled out and sucked the button before he dove in again, making her cry in pleasure.
 
Sajjanneba suddenly understood - the feeling she was going to explode was welling up in her lower regions...
 
“Oh…oh….please…don't…stop…har der…harder…”
 
Sesshomaru obliged and dug in harder and faster with his tongue as he flicked the button with his thumb. Before he knew it, she was bucking off of the bed, her walls trying to draw his tongue in even further as her juices gushed out. He caught as much as he could, and then softly licked her wet fur as her trembling subsided.
 
“Oh Kami, thank you Sesshomaru. I've never felt anything like it…I never imagined…”
 
He reached up and kissed each of her breasts before he kissed her lips again, “You're welcome.”
 
Sajjanneba looked at him and said, “You have too many clothes on,” as she reached up and started to undress him.
 
Sesshomaru took her hand and stopped her, “You know you aren't immune yet, I don't want to hurt you.”
 
“Don't worry, you won't. You aren't going to do any thing but stay right here.” She continued to remove his clothing, and then was on her knees before him.
 
He closed his eyes and sucked in his breath when he felt her warm mouth around him. He had become painfully hard during his attentions to her, but had not planned to act on his desires. She nipped and teased him as he had done her, tickling his testicles with her gentle fingers as she twirled her tongue around his head. He audibly gasped as she pulled him in and wrapped both hands around him, starting a rhythm up and down. Soon he was helping her by moving in motion with her, his hand on her head for support. No one had ever given him pleasure like this before. Before he knew it, she had set him on fire. Feeling he was close, she started sucking and pounding him harder and faster. She finally bit down slightly, causing him to explode. She drank him all in, then gently licked him clean before rising to her feet.
 
She reached up and pulled him into a kiss and whispered, “I understand the real thing is even better.”
 
He kissed her again and pulled her close. He hated to have to wait, but it would be worth it.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
Sajjanneba had shared with Kagome the fact she had to take a potion so that she would be immune to Sesshomaru's poison, and that it would be a few days before they started the mating ritual. Kagome was glad that Sajjanneba told her. She was worried that something was wrong because Kagome and InuYasha both thought they would start as soon as they were rested, and then Sajjanneba started feeling ill. It would make sense that she wasn't feeling well if she had to drink a potion that contained Sesshomaru's poison in ever-increasing amounts. Even InuYasha seemed relieved when he found out the reason. He could smell the arousal of the two when they were around each other, and was concerned that something had happened between them. Of course he knew something had happened between the two since he could smell it when they came to dinner.
 
The next few days passed quietly. Rin and Shippou were either running the gardens or playing in her quarters when Shippou wasn't training with Kanti. After Rin and Shippou had excused themselves after lunch one day, Kagome asked if Kanti and Tonika would stay and talk with her and InuYasha for a few minutes. Sensing her seriousness, Kanti left word with his staff where he would be, and they escorted the pair to their quarters.
 
Kanti and Tonika had well-furnished and well lived-in quarters. The sitting area was warm and inviting, and Tonika asked them to make themselves comfortable.
 
Kagome broke the silence; “We would like to talk to you about Shippou. He is doing very well with your training and is learning things that InuYasha and I would never be able to teach him.”
 
InuYasha agreed, “Keh.”
 
Kanti and Tonika both let out a sigh of relief. They had been wondering how to approach this subject.
 
Kanti answered, “He is doing well. He is intelligent and observant. He actually learned more from you than you know. While you may not have taught him how to use his kitsune powers, he has learned to recognize danger and how to respond appropriately. His actions in helping to alert me to the danger in the castle and to save Rin did not come from a couple of weeks training with me. He is brave and courageous, and showed good judgment. Those were things he learned traveling with you.”
 
“Keh. He was already pretty brave. The runt tried to take on the fucking Thunder Brothers all by himself,” InuYasha responded.
 
Tonika finally spoke up, “We've been wanting to discuss if he could remain here with us a while longer. Our kits have all matured and moved on and we enjoy having him here with us, and Rin has been much happier having someone to play with.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha looked at each other and grinned before Kagome responded, “That's why we came to you. I want to go to my home and finish my education. While InuYasha can go with me, Shippou cannot. We can't tell you but he understands the reasons why. We may be gone as long as a year, but I couldn't leave in good conscious without taking care of Shippou. He's been almost like a son to me.”
 
“Oi, to us, you mean, but what will Sesshomaru think?” InuYasha added.
 
“He has already given his permission for us to discuss this to you. However he did suggest that we not make any decisions without including Shippou. He mentioned that Shippou has taken on a few of InuYasha's traits and may not be pleased if a decision is made without him,” Kanti replied.
 
InuYasha folded his arms, “Keh.”
 
Kagome laughed.
 
“When should we discuss this with him?” Tonika asked.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru will be starting the mating ritual soon, and I must make certain that everything is attended to. Once it has begun and the guard has been posted I should be free, probably for several days. I understand that Lord Sesshomaru has no intention of allowing his little brother to best him.” Kanti looked pointedly at InuYasha as he said that.
 
InuYasha grinned as he stood and offered his hand to Kagome. As she joined him by his side, he said, “Thank you for taking care of the runt and training him. We'll discuss this with him when you are both available.”
 
Tonika nodded her acknowledgement as Kanti opened the door and then followed them into the corridor.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
True to his word, Lord Sesshomaru had spent time the last few days with Rin and Sajjanneba. Rin was shy at first, but warmed up to Sajjanneba's gentle smile and warm laugh quickly. Sesshomaru spent some time alone with Rin to explain that he was going to take Sajjanneba as his mate, as InuYasha had Kagome. Sesshomaru told Rin that he wanted her to consider her like a mother, and that he would still always take care of Rin. Sesshomaru also wanted Rin to understand that they would be locked away for a few days like InuYasha and Kagome had. He wanted her to continue laughing and running with Shippou, as she had while he was away. Once the ritual was complete, Sesshomaru would come back to her like he always had. Rin hugged him and kissed him on his cheek and told him she would wait. Sesshomaru just sighed wished Jaken would follow orders as well as Rin did.
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
During the day that preceded the night when Sesshomaru hoped to finally be able to take Sajjanneba as his mate, he walked into his own quarters to a strange sight. He had come in to make sure that everything was prepared for the ritual to find an odd rail at the head of his bed.
 
Sesshomaru called Kanti in, pointed at it and asked, “What is the meaning of this?”
 
Kanti bowed his head as he replied, “I do not know, My Lord. Lady Sajjanneba requested it be placed there.”
 
“She did?”
 
“Yes, My Lord, she did.”
 
“Thank you, Kanti.” Sesshomaru looked at the smooth rail, puzzled. What was she planning to do with it?
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
Sesshomaru was in his study after dinner when Kanti entered followed by Dora.
 
“My Lord?” Dora addressed him softly.
 
Sesshomaru looked up and nodded at her to continue, “The potion is no longer making Lady Sajjanneba ill. I believe her immunity is strong enough for you to start the ritual if you wish. She should be able to ingest your blood with little ill effect.”
 
“Are you certain?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Yes, My Lord. She is now up to taking the potion at full strength. She is eager to begin when you are ready,” Dora replied.
 
“Thank you. Will you escort her to my quarters?”
 
“Yes, My Lord,” Dora bowed and left the study.
 
“Kanti?”
 
Kanti knew what he was going to ask, “Everything is ready and the arrangements have been made. You will not be disturbed. You spoke to Rin?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. Kanti was loyal and wise.
 
Sesshomaru stood up as Kanti opened the door. He closed the door behind him as he watched Sesshomaru's back disappear down the corridor. He had already called the first guard to be prepared to take his post after Sesshomaru had entered his quarters.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
Sesshomaru was hit by the smell of Sajjanneba's nervousness and arousal when he entered his chambers. She was dressed in another of the beautiful kimonos she had been provided, this one in her preferred colors of purple and deep blue. She greeted him by wrapping her arms around him and nuzzling under his chin, once again showing her submission to him. She then reached up and pulled him into a deep kiss, this one more passionate than any she had given him before. She purposely brushed the tent in his lower regions as she took his hand and led him to the bed. She gently undressed him before she pulled the string on her kimono and let it fall to the floor, leaving her bare in front of him.
 
It wasn't long before Sesshomaru found out what the new railing was for. Sajjanneba was apparently ready for the “real thing” as she had put it. She rolled over on her stomach and then reached up to grasp the railing, bringing her knees up under her as she spread her legs. Sesshomaru understood. She knew as an Inu he would prefer to take her from behind, but that it would be difficult for him to support her with only one arm. She was supporting herself so that he could take her and mark her without hindrance. Her arousal was so heady that she was starting to drip. Sesshomaru used his hand to guide himself into her from behind.
 
He was glad that InuYasha had warned him about this. Sesshomaru had never had a virgin, much less someone he felt for like he did Sajjanneba. InuYasha had told him how even though his youkai wanted to slam into Kagome at first, his human half warned him to take it easy. He revealed to Sesshomaru how Kagome had shuddered in pain and bled when her virgin barrier was broken; how he somehow knew to stop and let her adjust to his size, and how she let him know when to continue. It was later in the mating when he smelled the blood and she told him; fortunately he had instinctively known what to do so he wouldn't hurt her too badly.
 
As much as he wanted to plunge hard into her and claim her, Sesshomaru gently probed until he felt the barrier, and then thrust through it quickly hoping to shorten the pain. As he waited for her to adjust, he pulled the hair off to one side to bare her neck and shoulder and started to lick at the area he intended to mark. He then took his hand and started to massage her breast until she gently thrust back into him, letting him know she was ready.
 
He started to pant as he started to drive into her. She was panting with him, as she had never felt anything like it. It was more wonderful than anything she had ever imagined. It was even better than the pleasure he brought her with his tongue. It wasn't long before she was gasping, “Don't…stop….har…der…fas…ter….har …der…oh Kami…Ses…sho…ma…ruuuu!” She ended screaming his name as she came.
 
The sensation of her climaxing with him still driving inside her was unbelievable. As he prepared to join her, he continued flicking her nipple with his thumb as he pulled her body up toward him. As he exploded inside her, he sank his fangs into the area he had prepared, biting down hard as she climaxed even again with him as he poured himself into her. When their bodies stopped trembling, he released her shoulder and gently licked at the mark until the bleeding had stopped.
 
Sajjanneba was trembling so from the exertion and pleasure that she had to lower herself on the bed, careful to keep him inside her. She was on her elbows has he continued licking his mark on her neck, “Oh, Sesshomaru…I never had any idea this could feel so good.”
 
He kissed her shoulder as he finally slid out of her, falling on the bed before they started again.
 
Sajjanneba had rolled Sesshomaru on his back and had gently been nibbling at his nipples and nipping up and down his abdomen while her fingers tickled down below. It wasn't very long before she had him ready again, and decided it was time for her to mark him.
 
His discussion with his little brother was becoming more and more enlightening. He wondered why InuYasha had put so much emphasis on the idea of the female being on top. He suddenly understood when he realized that Sajjanneba was about to come from above. As a dominant male, his first instinct would have been to immediately put her down in her place. Because he had been warned, he just watched with anticipation instead. Sajjanneba slowly lowered herself on top of him, and then started to ride him when she was certain he was not going to object. She was doing all of the work and apparently found a position that made her feel as good as it did him. Sesshomaru decided to try something and reached up and found her clit while she pumped him up and down. Her eyes opened wide and then closed at the sensation as he flicked it in rhythm to her motions. He knew she was getting close when she started to lean forward to get ready to mark him when she came. She screamed his name just before she clamped down with her fangs, digging in as he filled her once again. The sensation of her climax had been enough to bring him to completion with her. As he had done, she gently licked her mark until the bleeding stopped. Not moving from her position, she leaned forward and kissed him.
 
Now that the formal part was over, they would finish exploring and experimenting with each other's bodies. They were both looking forward to it.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
With the mating of Sesshomaru and Sajjanneba well under way, Kanti, Tonika, InuYasha, and Kagome decided it was time to talk with Shippou. They had a hard time separating him from Rin so that they could speak to him alone. They finally convinced Rin that Jaken was lonely and missed her company. Leaving Shippou behind, she ran to find the imp.
 
Jaken actually brightened up when he saw her coming for him. As much as he hated to admit it, Jaken had grown fond of the little girl.
 
Once Rin was gone, Shippou knew something was up. He folded his arms and had a very InuYasha-like scowl on his face.
 
Kagome spoke to him first, “Shippou, how do you like it here at the castle, with Rin, Kanti and Tonika?”
 
“Keh. It's OK,” Shippou replied, still scowling.
 
It was InuYasha's turn, “Oi, runt. You're doing really well with your lessons with Kanti. You're learning things that I could never fucking teach you.”
 
Kanti joined in, “Which is why I've asked them if you can remain here with Tonika and me for a while longer. You are doing very well in your training and you have been a big help in protecting Rin. Lord Sesshomaru has given his permission for you to stay if you would like to.”
 
Shippou's immediate reaction was to jump in Kagome arms, and start crying, “You…you don't want me any more!”
 
Kagome held him and let him cry, then told him gently, “Shippou, you know that isn't true. I still love you. But you know that InuYasha and I can't do anything to help train you to use your natural powers. Plus I need to go back and finish my last year at school, and you know you can't go. I couldn't go and leave you, not unless I know you are safe and happy. But if I don't go now, I'll never have the chance again. Do you understand?”
 
Shippou wiped away his tears with Kagome's help, and said, “You want me to stay and train and learn while you do the same thing?”
 
“Yes, and we'll be back for you when I'm finished. Think about how much you can learn from Kanti and Tonika during that time. Plus, you'll be able to keep Rin company. Sesshomaru probably won't be able to stay with her as much now that he has taken Sajjanneba as his mate.”
 
Shippou nodded, “If they are anything like you two, he won't have any time at all.”
 
Kagome just pulled him into a hug. “I'm sorry if we've neglected you, Shippou. But you seemed to be having so much fun with Rin, and you're the first person she's ever had her age to play with. And you did help to save her from that weasel youkai.”
 
Shippou grinned, “I did, didn't I?”
 
InuYasha added, “And it was because of the lessons you had from Kanti. He says you're smart and a fast learner.”
 
Shippou once again folded his arms and replied, “Keh.”
 
Tonika finally spoke, “Does that mean you'll stay here with us?”
 
“Keh,” He squealed as Tonika picked him up and hugged him. He had gone from having no parents to two sets of them.
 
 
~~~~~~~0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0~~~~~~~
 
 
They were waiting for dinner to be served when Kanti came to fetch InuYasha. It was time to go to the study and record Sesshomaru and Sajjanneba's marks in the Journal.
 
InuYasha arrived in the study to find a very satisfied-looking pair of Inu-Youkai. He just looked at his brother and grinned as he said, “It's about time you two came up for air.”
 
Kanti brought him the journal, opened to the page just after the one where InuYasha had recorded the event of his approval. InuYasha recorded the date the mating had started and ended, then asked for them to present their marks.
 
Sajjanneba sat down and bared her shoulder and neck. Her mark was in almost the same location as Kagome's. Her shoulder bore the same deep blue crescent moon that Sesshomaru carried on his forehead. InuYasha recorded the location and color along with a sketch and then signed it. Kanti signed as a witness.
 
InuYasha looked to his brother next, and would have sworn Sesshomaru blushed. Sesshomaru bared his chest so that InuYasha could record Sajjanneba's mark on his brother. He wasn't sure what it meant - was she a bit possessive, or passionate? Maybe both? Well, no matter, InuYasha started to sketch the mark. On his left breast, surrounding his nipple, Sesshomaru had four stars the bluish-silver color of Sajjanneba's star on her forehead. InuYasha just raised an eyebrow as he completed the drawing. He had included the nipple for good measure before signing. Kanti again signed as witness.
 
Kanti told them that dinner would be ready when they reached the dinning room.
 
They were met in the hallway by an excited Rin, running to see her Lord, “Lord Sesshomaru, Lord Sesshomaru!” She cried as she threw her arms around him.
 
“Have you been well, Rin?”
 
“Oh yes, My Lord. Have you finished the mating?” She asked innocently.
 
Sajjanneba answered her, “Yes, Rin, we have.”
 
Rin grinned as she looked at the two of them and said, “It's about time!”
 
InuYasha laughed as Sesshomaru picked Rin up and carried her to the dining room.
 
Kagome, Tonika and Shippou were waiting for them at the table.
 
The staff had to bring additional food out several times. Sesshomaru and Sajjanneba were starving after being locked away with their passions.
 
Sajjanneba finally couldn't stand it any longer and looked at Kagome, “I don't know how you lasted five days. I'm exhausted from three.”
 
Kagome looked at her and grinned, InuYasha actually laughed.
 
Sesshomaru looked disappointed. He couldn't believe his little brother outlasted him.
 
InuYasha finally said, “Who wants to be the one to tell them?”
 
Sesshomaru looked up and said, “Tell us what?”
 
Kanti just grinned as he said, “That you haven't been out of your quarters for eight days.”
 
Sajjanneba fainted.