InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shippo and the Magic Wand ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-
Shippo and the Magic Wand
By Alesyira
-
Canon Universe, Continuation
-
Summary: Where do we go from here?
-
Rating: G
-
Author's Note: Epilogue, third-person POV. This is the (I think!) end of SatMW: a final few paragraphs dedicated to setting up the next story. (I've mulled over this idea for a long time!) Say hello to my little friend... ;)
-
 
-
-
Epilogue
-
-
 
A streak of lightning raced across the cloudless red sky, followed closely by the loud rumble of thunder. There was not a cloud in the sky, but the ominous threat of storm hung heavily in the air. The chill whisper of a breeze brushed through the foliage of an ancient tree standing proudly in a secluded grove. The hint of an old scar marred the weathered bark, as though it had been pierced long ago.
 
 
A small creature snuffled about in the dirt a few feet away, hunting for a nibble of an odd-colored plant that grew sparsely amongst the dried grass. Its head jerked up and tiny eyes darted about nervously as a single leaf crunched in the silence, sounding nearly as loud as the thunder had mere moments before. Its sharp vision focused on a tall, strange stone that had not been present before, and it cocked its head curiously at the foreign object. The stone bore such a close resemblance to a female youkai that the tiny creature sniffed the air warily and waited cautiously for any sign of motion. The temperature in the grove suddenly rose an uncomfortable degree, and the critter squeaked in fright before quickly darting away into the underbrush.
 
 
A tall man half-covered in stone plating stepped lightly into the grove, his gaze trained up at the branches of the ancient tree. As he came to stand beside the feminine statue, his pale, bare left hand traced absently along the delicate twists of her hair and curves of her face. He spared her grieving expression a single glance before moving toward the massive trunk.
 
 
His stone-plated right arm radiated fiery heat as the rocky armor around his hand grew into long, sharp claws. He gently settled his left hand upon the trunk in a short measure of reverence, his eyes closed while his mouth twisted into a bitter smile.
 
 
The entire grove seemed to shake in agony as those sharp, rocky claws scored great, smoking gashes into the weathered wood. He threw a glance over his shoulder in time to watch a single teardrop spill from the stone eyes of the statue. He parted his lips to whisper in the silence: "And the expression of my love begins anew..."
 
-
-
 
....Final-Final Author's Note? (lol): In response to a question posed earlier, this is not planned to be a Shippo/Kagome storyline, but anything is possible. I expect a bit of action, a bit of mystery, a bit of confusion (the good kind) and suspense, and maybe a bit of romance tucked away on the side, but between whom is the big question. It took quite a bit of brainstorming to figure out a way to connect my intended sequel story to this fiction on more than just the Kagome-level. I can't wait to get enough written to start posting. ;D I've also completed a short chapter interlude about Kikyo in this storyline, which might be a welcome bit of information. Expect it now-ish! (Not sure how it's going to upload, though ...Possibly as an insert between Parts One and Two!) I still have another interlude about Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's battle planned and in-progress, as well as two currently-unmentionable snippets, but I don't know how long it'll be before I finish and post those.