InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Simple Kind Of Life ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS
 
Chapter 2
 
Later on in the afternoon Sango had led Kagome to the hot springs for a nice relaxing bath. It had taken some convincing to let Kagome go with Sango. Sesshomaru did not think that the females would be safe, but Kagome promised that she called if she needed him. Sango rolled her eyes at the thought of any one thinking she could not hold her own.
 
Now was the perfect chance for Lord Sesshomaru to talk to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru sat close under a tree training his ears on the females. He could fully hear everything that was said and had found that some of it was rather entertaining.
 
His other senses did however pick the demon Lord headed towards him. He sat himself underneath a tree across from Sesshomaru. He still found it strange to watch him self.
 
“What will you do when this over?” Lord Sesshomaru asked nonchalantly.
 
“I will go where she goes.” He said in a bored tone. Really didn't he say this early?
 
“What if you are not able to follow her. She has sealed the well before.”
 
“I will worry on that when it occurs.” He said. The question however would not leave his mind biting like a flea.
 
“Hn, How where your kind treated when they took a human mate?”
 
“The human looked down upon it. This however is not my world.” Sesshomaru said, He had seen the demons walking free and it could not be that terrible here.
 
“It is looked down upon her also. However I may be able to assist you and her.” Lord Sesshomaru said with a gleam in his eyes.
 
“How can you assist us if it is looked down upon?” He asked frowning. It figured that the same prejudices would hold in this world also.
 
“You can be my beta. We could rule the western lands together and nothing and no one could stop us. She would be safe and my lands would be safe.” Lord Sesshomaru said knowing that the miko's safety was key.
 
“What of children? I see that you travel with a hanyou. Are they accepted?” He asked hoping that their fate her was not as cruel as his world.
 
“They are tolerated. There are still those who do not care for them.” Lord Sesshomaru did not mention he was one of them.
 
“I am not sure what the miko would want. I have not expressed my intentions to her yet. I am weary of telling her.” Sesshomaru didn't think that he would be able to take the blow to his ego if she turned him down.
 
“There are many females here that would beg to be by your side. She is fickle creature. For a long time she wanted the hanyou and when he asked her to be his mate she said no. A wolf prince named Koga also longs for the girl, but she states to only want to be his friendship. I could find…”
 
Sesshomaru cut him off. “I will wait to see if she denies me. I do not even want to dwell on the thought that she will deny me. I care not how she feels for these males only how she feels for me.”
 
Lord Sesshomaru nodded his head in understanding, but perhaps if the demon saw some of the ladies in his palace he could be swayed. A plan was forming in his mind. He had been thinking of returning any ways. How to get them there was the only problem.
 
Soaking in the hot springs as the demons held their private conversation under the tree the miko and demon slayer held their own private conversation. The two girls where still musing over the differences between the two Sesshomarus.
 
“So beside the whole crescent moon thing what else do you think is different?” Sango giggled to the now blushing miko.
 
“You have been with Miroku to long. Speaking of that how goes the whole one woman thing for him?” Kagome asked hoping that he was keeping his word.
 
“Well considering we have only seen gods awful looking power hungry demons. I would say that he has been good. Then again he did get a look in his eye with a cockroach demon the other day.” Sango laughed
 
“You know about him. What I want to know about is this new demon protector you have? I thought that Inuyasha was going to lose his neck today.”
 
“He needs me. I feel as if I need him also. I know that sounds crazy, but there is a pull like the magic of the well.” Kagome said as her mind drifted.
 
“A pull huh? Nothing to do with how cute his butt looks in those pants?” She asked with a wiggle of her brow.
 
“That is it. I forbid you spend any more time with Miroku.” Kagome said raising out of the water and wrapping a towel around her self.
 
As the girl made their way to the village they where rejoined by Sesshomaru. Kagome quickly grabbed his hand in hers. It was becoming a thing with her and she wasn't sure why. Sango watched and gave a smile to the couple.
 
After reaching the village Kagome had thought that it might be for the best if Inuyasha and Sesshomaru tried to get to know each other better. She may not have been in love with Inuyasha, but she still cared about him as a friend.
 
In her mind they should be perfect friends. They had both had really fucked child hoods. Both had been mentally and physically abused. Both seemed to fight with feeling instead of being trained. She didn't know if that was good or bad really, because it also made them unpredictable. The list was endless.
 
Kagome was also going to see if maybe she could speak with Lord Sesshomaru. She wanted to ask if maybe he could find a place for her special men if something where to happen to her. She hoped that he wouldn't be the all-intimidating Lord Sesshomaru he normally was. `Yeah Right!' she thought.
 
So here they sat Inuyasha and Sesshomaru under the god tree. They had sat in silence for a good while. Inuyasha finally let out a huff and told the new Sesshomaru about his childhood.
 
This of course led Sesshomaru to tell him about his. It had led into tales of fights and losses. Inuyasha told of Kikyo and why they where after Naraku. Sesshomaru told of his owner and how Kagome destroyed him.
 
It was going well till Sesshomaru noticed that Inuyasha was wearing a subrogation necklace. Something that he had not seen on the other demons in the group. So of course he asked.
 
“Why do you wear the subrogation necklace?”
 
“Kagome put it on me when we first met.” Inuyasha noticed the look of anger on Sesshomaru's face and quickly came to her defense. “I thought she was Kikyo and tried to kill her. It was self defense.”
 
“Yet you have not tried to kill since then.” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“No, but the necklace was made by Kikyo. It is all I have left of her. I don't want to have it removed.” He said sadly as the picture of Kikyo entered his mind.
 
“It does not bind your powers in any way?” Sesshomaru asked wondering what it could possibly do.
 
“No it makes me face plant into the dirt.” He mumbled. A quick snort from the demon beside drew his attention. “Yeah I guess it is a little funny.” As Inuyasha gave his own snorted laugh.
 
“You will die after Naraku is dealt with.” Sesshomaru was making a statement not a threat to the half demon.
 
He now realized that Inuyasha would follow Kikyo. The feelings he had for Kagome was his way of dealing with his loss till he could be with Kikyo again.
 
“Yes, but don't tell Kagome. I don't want her crying and begging for me to live. I think that it will be easier now.” Inuyasha said realizing that Kagome did in fact have a new protector.
 
On the other side of the village Kagome made her way to the demon lord. He looked as if he had been meditating or thinking. Really she could never figure out which one with him. She moved to sit directly in front of him.
 
“Miko” He said not even opening his eyes.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru. I have request.” Kagome said nervously.
 
Cracking his eyes open he looked to see the bold girl sitting before him. The fact that she thought to ask him for anything was humorous. It would maybe serve his purposes. So he waited for her to continue.
 
“If something should happen to me I would like it if you would watch of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. I want to know that they will be safe and happy.” She said tearfully.
 
“Miko if something where to happen to you your demon would die with you.” He said watching as her eyes widen in horror.
 
He had decided to elaborate to the girl since she had no way of understanding Inu ways. Sesshomaru would refuse to eat or drink so that he would be able to join her in the next world. Sitting at her grave till death took him.
 
He also informed her that it was out loyalty to the dead priestess that his brother would die also. So he watched as she broke down sobbing and decided this was the perfect time to throw the thought into her head.
 
“There is a way to save him and I guess the hanyou also. If they could find someone that they view better to be mated with them. Perhaps an inudemoness from my palace could…. help them. I do not make any promises. Your demon is very attached already and as you have Inuyasha is ready to go and stay in hell for the dead one.” He finished
 
He had decided not to inform her that if her demon died that she might die herself if her heart had chosen him. He also didn't tell her that even though she was in fact human the shikon would give a demon life span. He would let her think that once she died of old age it would take him also. Once again it would better serve his cause.
 
Her mind was swimming with sadness of what might become of the two. She needed to find them good strong mates that would live on with them. They deserved to find happiness and raise pups of their own. There was only one thing to do.
 
“I think we should go to your palace and I can train some more. Maybe get Totosai to make Sesshomaru a sword.” She said face staring at the ground and tears still falling.
 
“Very well. We will leave in the morning.” He said raising her chin to meet his gaze. He was not trying to be cruel. Actually he was not sure why he was trying to break the two up. It was unnerving to him as he wiped away the tears.
 
“Thank you.” She whispered as she got her feet.
 
Heading back to the hut she began to wonder why exactly she decided to come back to this world. Loud laughter from her right side drew her attention. Shippo and Rin where chasing after Jaken as the toad begged for mercy. Then she remembered.
 
Walking a little further she noticed that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru where headed back to the village. She must have been right, as they seemed to be gabbing like a couple of girls. `What's one more sacrifice.' She thought running over to them.
 
“Guys I thought that you should know that we are going to the western palace tomorrow. Lord Sesshomaru is going to let me train and I thought that maybe Inuyasha could find Totosai and have him make Sesshomaru a sword.” She finished only to notice Inuyasha roll his eyes.
 
Of course the whole idea seemed worse than death from Inuyasha's point of view. Bitching and moaning all the way back to the hut, but as always finally giving in. Both could tell that something was off with the girl. If going to the palace made her happy they would do it.
 
As they heading back into the hut Kagome explained that they would be going to the western palace in the morning. While Shippo and Rin could not have been more thrilled. Sango was unsure how they would be treated and Miroku had a feeling that Lord Sesshomaru had a play in this quick turn of events.
 
The month that Kagome had been gone Miroku had seen the demon lord head towards the well. Every time the group made its way back to village he checked to see if she had returned. He had asked Kaede to watch his ward and then asked his ward to keep an eye on the well.
 
Could it be that Lord Sesshomaru is jealous that Sesshomaru had something that he wanted? As the thought entered his mind he decided to watch the demon lord closely.
 
As late day turned to evening Inuyasha told the group he would leave now to find Totosai and make the request. Once he was finished he would meet up with them at the palace. Kagome watched as he vanished into the evening and then felt another presence behind her.
 
Turning around she met the gaze of her Sesshomaru and watched as the wind tossed his hair. She walked over took his hand and led him into clearing. Sitting behind him with her brush in hand she braided his hair. Listening to the sound of his chest rumble in content.
 
Lord Sesshomaru sat upon a tree branch watching the two. He wondered if things had been different would she be like that with him. He also felt as if something where eating at his stomach. He would have to see the healer upon his return. He was beginning to doubt that he would be able to break the two apart.
 
As Kagome finished the braid she wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head against his back. He in turn thread his fingers through her fingers. All the while both enjoying the warmth of each other's body.
 
“Will you leave me?” Sesshomaru asked. Meaning will you return to your world and leave me here alone. However what Kagome heard was will you die and leave me alone.
 
Little tears slipped from her eyes as she answered. “I will try not to.”