InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Simple Kind Of Life ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS
Chapter 3
 
 
Early the next morning Kagome awoke to find that her Sesshomaru was missing. Looking around the hut she could see that everyone was still asleep except Lord Sesshomaru. Getting up he moved closer to her.
 
“He went to hunt.” He said to the worried girl.
 
“Oh, well I wasn't worried about him. I know that he can take care of himself.” She said tossing her hair over her shoulder.
 
“Hn, Why did you save him?” the question had been nagging him since he had heard the story. It almost sounded like that she had become in raged thinking he was about to become harmed, but that could not be correct.
 
“I thought that he was you when I got to the arena. I already told you this.” She said trying to rid the subject for good.
 
“Yes. You could have been killed. Are you saying that you would have died for me?” Lord Sesshomaru asked his one clawed finger drawing her face to look him the eyes. He could see it there in her eyes. Yes she would have died trying to save him.
 
“I umm…” she had gone to answer, but he stopped her.
 
“He is almost here.” Lord Sesshomaru said to the baffled girl. He rose moving back to his place before the other Sesshomaru entered.
 
An inner growl to her self. She hated when Lord Sesshomaru made her feel all stupid. She had almost forgotten about her Sesshomaru. Until he entered the hut arms filled with firewood and meat. She gave him a questioning look.
 
“The old priestess can't do this herself. She has given us so much I thought the favor should be returned.” He said as the others started to awaken from their slumber.
 
Starry-eyed looks on the girls faces as he placed the sweet gesture on the other side of the hut. They had always taken Kaede's hospitality for granted. The old woman bowed to Sesshomaru in respect. It was a kind thing for him to do in her eyes.
 
After breakfast the little group headed towards the west. Lord Sesshomaru stayed in the rear of the group as Sesshomaru walked in front with Kagome's hand in his. Rin had run to catch up with the couple and grabbed Sesshomaru's other hand. A frown appeared on Lord Sesshomaru's normally expressionless face.
 
Miroku had to hand it to Sesshomaru. He had won over every woman in the hut with that little gesture this morning. If he knew all it took was to get some wood for Sango to notice him he would have done it a long time ago. As he was thinking he saw Rin run past and grab Sesshomaru's hand.
 
Miroku turned to look at the demon lord in the rear. This could be bad if he didn't remind Lord Sesshomaru of who he was. Miroku knew that Rin that loved Lord Sesshomaru, but a good show dog does not make for a fun dog. Letting his pace lag till he was at Lord Sesshomaru's side.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, it seems that Rin has found another playmate to keep her out of trouble. At least this one can defend her.” Miroku said feeling the tension in his aura fade.
 
“So it would seem.” Lord Sesshomaru said. He knew what the monk was doing. He just didn't understand why he cared if Rin was at his side or not. He had always told the girl she could leave.
 
Sango looked down to Shippo. She could see the hesitation in his walk. He wanted to run up and grab Kagome's hand also. He looked up to Sango to see if she could see the little battle within him self. A smile of reassurance had him dash forward to grab Kagome's hand.
 
Jaken couldn't have been happier about the happenings. He didn't think it was safe for the girl to follow, but Lord Sesshomaru had always been so touchy when he had brought the subject up of him leaving the girl behind. He couldn't really have a problem with leaving her with himself could he.
 
Walking a little further up the path the smell of fire and death had both Sesshomaru's stop in their tracks. Looking back to Lord Sesshomaru he could smell it also. A scream echoed in the air as Sesshomaru darted into the direction with the others trailing behind him.
 
Lord Sesshomaru was quickly at his side as the billowing smoke filled the air until it was all that they could smell. A village woman ran to them screaming. A look of disgust from Lord Sesshomaru as she fell to their feet begging for help.
 
“Please my little girl is trapped in the hut. I can't get to her.” She cried into the dirt.
Lord Sesshomaru was about to tell the woman that it was not their problem, but Sesshomaru dashed into the flames. The rest of the group had just made it to the scene.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru where is Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked. He pointed to one of the blazing huts. Kagome went to run, but was stopped by the strong arms of Lord Sesshomaru.
 
Suddenly Sesshomaru emerged from the hut huddled around something. The town people had all watched in awe as the demon set the girl down. Not a scratch on the girl as she ran to her mother. Sesshomaru however was sporting some ash and blooded burns covered his back. Loud cheers filled the village as Sesshomaru started to feel his body weaken.
 
Lord Sesshomaru let go of the screaming Kagome as she got to her Sesshomaru's side. She could see that the burns where trying to heal, but just to make sure she added some burn ointment. Cracking his eyes open to the girl.
 
“I have ruined the clothes that you have gave me.” He said softly.
 
“Well we will just have to get you some new ones then.” Kagome said sucking back the tears.
 
The villagers had thanked him for saving the girls life and the headman had offered them a place to stay while Sesshomaru finished healing. Kagome stayed at his side petting his hair softly.
 
The villagers had told the group that a man had showed up demanding their allegiance to him. His name was Naraku and when they refused he started to set some of the huts on fire. Then he had simply vanished and they had showed up.
 
Lord Sesshomaru had taken leave without informing any one of where he was heading. Kagome guessed that it was to see if Naraku was still in the area. Miroku and Sango had taken the children outside while Sesshomaru healed.
 
Upon his return the villagers had bowed deeply to Lord Sesshomaru saying that his brother and him where always welcome. He had simply smirked at the thought. Sesshomaru had not even accepted his proposal yet and people wanted to follow them already.
 
As he entered the hut he walked over to Kagome and handed an outfit to her. It was much like his only in black. A smile lit up her face as she accepted it. He said nothing just sat upon one of the futons and watched them.
 
He didn't understand why this demon was quick to help those who had done nothing, but torment him his whole life. Lord Sesshomaru him self had not been tormented by them and he was ready to walk on by. He was starting to feel as if he was in a competition with this demon.
 
That sick feeling was coming again as he watched her caress the other demon's hair. If he was in a competition was the miko the prize? Once again he had found his mind working nonsense over the miko.
 
“That was sweet of you to bring him clothes.” Kagome smiled at the demon lord.
 
“It was not my intention to be….sweet. I can not have people mistake us and think I am dressed in rags.” He said in a dismissive tone.
 
“Well, why ever you did it thanks.” She said looking up to his eyes. It was strange that both of their eyes seemed to hold such warmth.
 
Later as the day reached evening Sesshomaru's burns had completely vanished from site. He had changed into his new out fit and as soon as he went outside girls began to swoon. Miroku walked over to him.
 
“Really you have to teach me how you do that.” Miroku said watching all the girls.
 
“I do not know what I did to make them act so strange. Normally they are fearful, but these women hold another scent.” He sniffed the air to try and figure it out.
 
“It is called arousal. I believe you could bed every wench here.” The demon lord said walking towards them.
 
The little blushes on the females continued even as Kagome and Sango came to stand next to them. A flash of jealousy flitted into Kagome's eyes as she looked around. Then she remembered the words of Lord Sesshomaru and she tried to let it go.
 
Sesshomaru had felt her flare of jealousy towards the other women, but when it left he figured that she realized he would not bed them. The look of sadness on her face had him wonder if she would rather he bed one of them. He hoped that he was wrong, but he had also noticed the way that she sometimes looked at Lord Sesshomaru.
 
There was no way he could compete with that. Lord Sesshomaru could offer her safety, riches and anything else that she would desire. Even if he took Lord Sesshomaru up on his offer he could not give her what Lord Sesshomaru could. Fearing she would leave him he reached down and grabbed her hand.
 
Shippo and Rin had been playing with the human children when one of the boys had commented that Shippo was really lucky to have a dad like Sesshomaru. Being that most human children could not tell the difference between a fox demon and a dog demon they had assumed Sesshomaru was his father.
 
It had shocked both Rin and Shippo, but for some reason Shippo did not want to correct the boy. Rin had given him a look and raised an eyebrow. Looking back at her a smile and an idea hit him.
 
“Yes my sister and I are very proud of our parents. Rin takes after our mother the miko powers suppressed any demon traits.” Shippo said in tone that could fool a lie detector. Rin's mouth fell open, but it was such a nice fantasy that she let them believe it
 
The children had all ohed and awed over the little story. They went to gather flowers for Rin as the boys listened to tales that Shippo spun from thin air. When the evening hit the children had returned to see everyone standing outside.
 
“What is every one looking at the village women for? Have they all been possessed or something?” Shippo asked.
 
“One might call it that Shippo.” Miroku laughed
 
A gusting wind had everyone look up to see Kagura. It looked as if she wanted to say something, but as she took in the fact that there where two Sesshomarus on the ground she quickly landed. Walking forward she rubbed her eyes thinking that maybe it was some type of illusion.
 
Sesshomaru felt everyone tense when the woman showed up. She didn't look all that impressive, but the way she kept looking him over was rather disturbing like meat dangling in front of a pack of wolves or dare say wolf.
 
“What do you want here?” Lord Sesshomaru asked as she shifted her gaze back and forth between the two.
 
“I always thought that there was two sides of you Lord Sesshomaru.” Kagura mused and walked to Sesshomaru.
 
At her movement Sesshomaru had quickly moved the children and Kagome behind him. That really had Kagura thinking and decided to see if she was right. She raised her hand to caress his face when she heard a growl. She did however still have her hands. Looking up to see his eyes she smirked `No crescent moon.'
 
“So not fair miko can I have one to play with.” Kagura asked as Kagome grabbed her hand off Sesshomaru.
 
“No!” Kagome screamed at the obnoxious wind witch.
 
“Then you claim both them?” Kagura baited the girl. Amused about her reaction.
 
“Yes! Now go away!” Kagome said still screaming even after everyone in the group stiffened.
 
Kagura was laughing so hard that her stomach was starting to hurt. The girl had no idea what she had just blurted out in front of the entire village. One final laugh as she threw her
feather out and hopped upon it.
 
“If they prove to be too much to handle I will gladly take them off your hands.” Kagura laughed heading into the night.
 
Kagome relaxed and let out a breath turning to the group. She noticed that they where all looking her way. She turned to see if something where behind her, but there was nothing. Finally getting aggravated she placed her hands on her hips.
 
“What is everyone staring at? Do I have something on my face” Kagome asked hands on hips.
 
“Do you have a clue what you did Miko?” Lord Sesshomaru asked raising a brow
 
“Yeah I got Kagura to leave. Why did you need to talk to her?” she asked feeling bad for jumping to the conclusion that no one wanted her here.
 
“Kagome you just claimed both Lord Sesshomaru and I as your intended mates in front of an entire village as witnesses.” Sesshomaru said in a shocked whisper.
 
Kagome's face went pale. Her body felt heavy and her limbs numb. The next thing she felt was darkness. Sesshomaru had grabbed her before she hit the ground and looked over to Lord Sesshomaru.
 
“May I suggest we return to the inside to figure this out.” Miroku said all the while holding an inner smirk.
 
Elsewhere Inuyasha had finally tracked down the elusive Totosai. The explanation of what he wanted was not going well. Of all the nimrods in this world he had to deal with this one. How was it possible for this guy to make such great swords without a lick of sense?
 
“You say that Lord Sesshomaru needs a sword, but he already has two.” Totosai rasped out.
 
“Yes Lord Sesshomaru has two, but Sesshomaru has none. Sesshomaru needs a sword.” Inuyasha said as if it made perfect since.
 
Furrowing his brow and tilting his head. He couldn't make heads or tails of what he was saying.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru has two, but Sesshomaru has none?” He asked hoping for Inuyasha to elaborate.
 
“Finally yes. Kagome wants to give it to him.” Inuyasha said resting against the hut.
 
“Give Lord Sesshomaru a new sword, but he has two.” Totosai said blinking dumbly.
 
“Just make the damn sword Totosai!” Inuyasha barked at the old man.
 
“Well I suppose I can use one of the fangs your father left here.” He mumbled
 
“Wait if you had one of my father's fangs why did I have to go through all that crap before.” Inuyasha fumed with throbbing vein.
 
“Oh well that's simple. I don't like you.” He said set to work on the fang.