InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sister Jewels. ❯ Chapter 7- Kagome Born Of Fire ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sister Jewels.

A/N: I do NOT own Inuyasha or any Inuyasha related Characters. But any original characters that I may or may not add into this story DO belong to me.

A/N: Thanks for your patience guys, and no I did not forget about this story (*Obviously*) But because I did not get to go to Twilight one the week end I had planned (*Due to a fucking storm that I am still mad at*) and I never update during the week I had to wait until today, (*Which I am assuming all of you know is Sunday*) Sorry I made it seem like I forgot. I just NEVER update during the week, School comes first in my books people. Thanks again for you’re reminders or I probably WOULD have forgotten.

On with the chapter!!!!!


Chapter 7
Kagome Born Of Fire.

A week after Rin had been released Miroku, Kouga and Sesshomaru decided to take Sango, Ayame and Rin to a movie seeing as they were have next to no progress on finding Naraku.

Rin has asked Inuyasha to join them on multiple occasions, once more before they left and when he had quickly declined Miroku gasped.

“Yash, man I’m sorry!” Miroku said just as quickly as Inuyasha had declined. “I forgot!” His expression changed to regretful instantly.

“No problem . . .” Inuyasha whispered, his eyes and head dropped to look at the floor. “Doesn’t matter. Go have some fun. Besides, I already saw this movie.” Silver ears dropped slightly at the tips, But his head raised and he smiled . . .or rather, gave Miroku one of his rare smirks. The one and only kind of ‘smile’ he ever gave on those rare occasions.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, really. Go. Just bring me back some popcorn. Movie theatre popcorn is the best.” Another smirk.

“Extra butter?”

“You know me so well.” Both boys grinned as Miroku walked backwards to the door.

“See ya soon.”

“Yeah, later.” Inuyasha’s grin turned into a bright smile as he closed the door on Miroku’s back. And when he was sure they were out of hearing range (demons included) he sighed and slumped down to the floor. His back pressed tightly against the door. “At least wolf shit won’t be bugging me about tonight. . .” he whispered, subconsciously fingering the jewel on his neck.

He stood, and moved to the cough, his hand never leaving the jewel on his neck as he sat down. He cursed lowly as he rolled the jewel around his palm. This was so unfair! He should already have his elemental! Why couldn’t she just come out already!?

Anger bubbled up in the pit of his stomach as he glared daggers at the offending piece of jewellery. He suddenly had the urge to chuck it out the snap it off it’s change and chuck it out the window. Wanted to crush it until no one could tell that it had been a jewel in the first place. Wanted to melt it until it was just a pool of red molten liquid.

But he didn’t. He didn’t because he knew that without this Jewel the others could never defeat Naraku. Without this Jewel Kagome could never be released. Without this Jewel Kagome would die before he even got the chance to meet her. And worst of all . . .he felt connected to the women inside . . .and he hadn’t even known her yet.

“What am I doing wrong?” he whispered, a saddened look crossing his features as the sun went down. Bright silver white hair turned to dark midnight black, molten amber eyes turned to liquid amethyst. And pointed silver dog ears turned to rounded peach human ears and moved down the side of his head. He paid no attention to the changes, as they had happened a million and one times in his life. “Was Ayame right? Am I not meant to be your master?”

He sat there for quite some time . . .debating on wither or not he should leave, and let the guys find someone else to be Kagome’s master when a soft yet strong voice filled his now human ears.

“She is meant to be yours. And you hers.”

He stood and turned so fast the coffee table in front of him toppled over and swayed on two legs before falling over.

“K-Kikyo. . .” he whispered as he laid eyes on the source of the voice he had longed to hear for 5 years. And there she was, after 5 years, standing in front of him, though she looked more like a transparent ghost then the actual Kikyo.

Her dark black hair that was not white was pulled back into a bun at the top of her head, much like she used to wear her hair when she was living. Her brown eyes, now white as well, were mimicking the expression on her lips, a smile.

“H-How?”

“That is not important.” Kikyo said, her expression darkening. “You must not give up on trying to release her. Kagome’s tormented soul needs you to heal it. And s does yours. You should not feel responsible for my death Inuyasha.”

“But I was!” the rage behind his voice shocked him just as much as it shocked her. “It was my fault!? I couldn’t protect you like I said I would! I froze and watched as they killed you when I should have been the one dying! They came after me not you! If you hadn’t gotten in the way you would still be a live! I should have stayed and died with you.” the last was a whisper, so light that if he had been hanyou he wasn’t sure if he would have even heard it. Unwanted tears pooled in his eyes, and this time . . .he didn’t care. “I lost you Kikyo, the one thing that meant more to me then anything, more to me then my own life.”

“I know.” she whispered in a broken voice, she had never seen him so broken.

“I’ve tried to kill myself. Tried to kill myself to see you. But my stupid hanyou metabolism wouldn’t let me die. And the guys guarded me none stop on my human nights.”

“I know.” she whispered again feebly.

Inuyasha sunk to his knees before her, his jewel’s chain snapping and his jewel falling, rolling across the floor. He ignored it as his shoulders shock as silent sobs raked his body.

Kikyo had never seen her beloved look so pathetic, so beaten, so torn, so heartbroken . . .or so ready to give up. She knew that he would not allow his friends to see him like this. And she was sure that had it not been his human night he would not even allow her, herself to see him this way. Tears were a weakness in his opinion. Something that if they had to be let out that they be let out in the company of no one. People who cried, especially him, may want to keep some part of their dignity. She wished desperately to hold him, cure him of the hurt he was feeling. But she could not. The only one who could was Kagome . . And Kikyo alone knew this fact.

“Inuyasha . . .” her voice was sad and soft as she knelt in front of him. “Inuyasha, please. Don’t cry. I want you to be strong. I want to you to love again Inuyasha.”

“I-I can’t.” a sob escaped his open lips and he clenched his teeth together.

“You can. I know you can. You don’t give up this easily remember?”

“I don’t care. I need you. I’d give anything to have you living again. If possible I’d give my life just so that you could live and love again.”

“Inuyasha . . .” she stopped when a bright and almost blinding red light filled the area, both heads turned to the forgotten jewel on the floor.

It cracked, and splintered, sending bits of red jewel everywhere. A girl stood where it had been, and the room temperature increased by at least 20 degrees.

A red dress like Sango’s blew in the wind from the open balcony door, long raven black hair whipping around her. Fire licked at her body, and yet she was not burned. Her eyes slowly opened, revealing ice blue eyes.

Inuyasha was shocked by the way she looked. She could have passed as Kikyo’s twin.

“I am Kagome born of fire.” her voice was smooth, strong, and cold a ice. “You born of noble and human blood have released me.” she eyes glowing slightly. “For someone so young to have lost so much and yet would still do anything for anyone of your companions is a complete disregard for you own wants and needs. Only one of a pure soul can manage this. Only a person with completely selfless wished can release me. You young half demon are blessed with my power, as long as you live. And I am forever by your side.”

The fire around her dissipated and yet she stood, not wavering like the others had. He expected her to be looking at him, but her eyes were locked on the ghostly figure beside him.

“Kikyo.” Kagome said softly, her head nodding slightly in a way that a queen would nod to her peasants.

“Welcome back sister Kagome.”

“I am no longer a sister of yours.” her voice was scolding.

“That’s irrelevant.”

“Possibly.” Kagome replied, turning to Inuyasha and taking a step back in shock.

“No, no, no.” she kept repeating it, stepping back with every word.

“Kagome?” Inuyasha whispered, standing.

“NO!” she screamed, fire engulfing at her hands and licking at her wrists. Again the room temperature increased as Kagome sunk to her knees. She pressed her burning hands to her head and pressed her forehead, just as the front door opened.

“Kagome!” Sango yelled as she rushed into the room first, she looked at Inuyasha and his tear streaked face. She instantly stopped and gasped. “My god . .” she whispered.

Kagome was looking at the three elementals who were gaping at the now black haired, violet eyed, human Inuyasha. “S-S-Sango?” she choked out, she stood. “R-Rin. Ayame.” a small smile, that defiantly didn’t reach her eyes, played across her lips.

Said elementals finally broke out of their shocked spell and turned to their sister. Their smiles reached their eyes, and they ran forward. Engulfing the female in a giant hug. Kagome gave them a dry chuckle.

“Guys . .” she murmured. “Need . . .air!” she exaggerated her voice, making herself sound like she was choking.

“Okay!” Rin said a little too happily. A violent wind roared inside the room.

“Rin! Not like that!” they other three yelled. Rin smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry.” she said, the wind dying down.

“What is he doing here?” Kagome asked, motioning to Inuyasha. “I swear if any of you found a way to bring him back and resurrected him I’ll kick your sorry ass.”

“No, we didn’t. This is Inuyasha.” Sango said with a bit of laughter in her voice.

“Inuyasha?” she made a face and glanced at Sesshomaru. A grin flashed on her face, again it didn’t reach her eyes. “Fluffy?”

“Excuse me?” Sesshomaru responded rather rudely, his eyes narrowing.

“No, I think he’s Fluffy’s son Kags.” Rin said, smiling.

“Oh, that would make sense.” Kagome nodded, “Is your father Toga?”

“Yes.” the two brothers answered at the same time. Kagome shot a confused glance form Inuyasha to Sesshomaru before shrugging it off. Figuring it better if she didn’t know.

“Oh wow!” Ayame exclaimed, jumping up as she laughed. “Fluffy had a son! How would have thought!?”

“Who would have indeed.” Apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.” They laughed at Kagome’s seeming-inside-joke as Kagome moved away from them and sat down on the couch. Looking around she sighed gently.

“Everything’s so . . .different.” she whispered more to herself then to anyone else. But the others didn’t seem to notice.

“It’s wonderful Kagome!” Rin chimed, a bright smile laminating her face. “They have running water in the house! Something called e-lick-tris-a-tea! They have machines -- they are called that right?” she didn’t wait for an answer “that play movies on big screens and keep food cool and--”

“Rin!” Kagome exclaimed, a laugh escaping her lips. “I’m sure I’ll learn all this tomorrow.

“Right, you probably need to sleep don’t you?” the wind elemental whispered quietly, though her smile didn’t falter.

“Nah! I’ve been asleep for 500 years. I’m good.” By now she was tossing a fire ball from hand to hand . . .until Sango drenched it. “Hey!”

“You wouldn’t want everything got go up in flames do you?” Sango asked.

“Oh yeah, wouldn’t want anyone burned alive now would we?” Kagome replied dryly, linking her arms under her chest.

“I didn’t mean it like that . . .”

“Whatever.”

Inuyasha cam and sat in front of her. He looked at her, studied her face. Watched as her eyes widened in shock and she whipped her head to the side. He moved to sit in the direction that she had looked in, and again she moved her head. And when again he moved into her line of vision she simply closed her eyes. Though --unknown to the others-- it just made it worse. Because now no matter where she turned she would still see his face . . .the face she had wished to never see again.

“Kagome.” Inuyasha called, but she refused to move. Her body freezing and her eyes remaining closed. His voice was so much like his . . .

“Kagome.” this time it was Sango, and shewas able to think clearly for a brief second.

“Yes?”

“Stop avoiding him.”

“Avoiding who?”

“Inuyasha.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I am avoiding no one.”

“Then you’re avoiding something.” Sango replied sourly. One eye cracked open to glare at her.

“And what would this something be?”

“The fact that Inuyasha looks pretty much identical to Izuru.” Kagome visibly winched as the familiar name was interjected to the conversation. Her shoulders slumped, her head bowed and Inuyasha was pretty sure if she had of been hanyou her ears would have been drooping.

“What’s it matter?” she whispered brokenly, for the first time allowing every occupant of the room know just how much pain she was feeling. “Izuru’s dead. And its all my fault.”

“No its no-” Rin started quietly,

“I ran Rin!” Kagome screamed, seemingly unaware of the other occupants. “I should have helped him! But instead I ran away, like a coward. All because I told him to.”

‘He would have wanted you to be happy Kagome.” Rin whispered, wrapping her arm around the girl and hugging her.

“I know that.” she growled, shifting herself out of Rin’s one arm hug. “I just miss him that’s all.”

“We know . . .Why don’t you go get some rest?” Sango offered, a small smile on her lips.

“Fine. Which room?”

“Mine.” Inuyasha replied, standing and walking to his bed room door. He looked over his shoulder to see Kagome eyeing him with an expression that he could not determine a name for, before standing and walking towards him.

“You can stay up as long as you wan . . .just don’t touch anything.”

“I can’t go in if you don’t want me to touch anything.” she snapped back, glaring.

“Smartass.” he muttered, laughing lightly. “You know what I meant.”

“Yes master . . .” she whispered, almost mechanically. Inuyasha blinked, not even realizing that she was already in the room until she closed the door.

“Did she just . . .ah forget it.” he jumped on the couch between Ayame and Miroku, and sighed.

“See what I meant?” Sango asked him from across the coffee table.

“Yeah. She’s a bi-”

“Don’t Yash.” Miroku muttered.

“tch.”

Miroku groaned and covered his eyes with his hand.

“Yes but seeing as you’re an Inu Hanyou ‘bitch’ is a compliment.” Sesshomaru commented. Inuyasha grinned despite his previous feelings.

“Oh I forgot about that.” Miroku said, looking at Inuyasha. “And she’s your bitch! She has to do whatever you say!”

“Pervert.” Inuyasha and Sango said at the same time, Both smacking him on a different side of the head. “I don’ get my kicks out of forcing people into my bed, you bozo.”

“Technically you’ve never brought anyone home brother.” Sesshomaru commented again,

“You know what I mean.” Suddenly, he was looking around the room, his expression confused. “Hey, where’d Kikyo go?”

“Kikyo?” everyone repeated looking at him like he was somehow crazy.

“She’s gone.” Kagome’s voice whispered so quietly from Inuyasha’s doorway that he barley heard it with his now human hearing.

“How do you know how?” he asked, turning to look at her.

“We’re twins. Or we were. She used to live in my jewel with me, helped me control my powers when inside. About 6 years ago she got the chance to leave, and I told her to take that chance. She wasn’t one who was very fond of being stuck in one place to long,” Inuyasha nodded in agreement, Kikyo hated staying in one place for more then an hour or two. “I haven’t seen her since then, well not until tonight. But I had no idea she was . . .dead.”

“So she was here?” Kouga asked almost silently, looking at the hanyou-gone-human with a slightly sad expression.

“Yes.” he replied, not meeting the wolfs gaze.

“Was that why you were crying?”

Inuyasha’s eye suddenly snapped to the saddened wolf and held fire in the golden depths as he glared. “I wasn’t crying.” he answered with as much fieriness in his voice as he could manage, which was still quiet clogged with his ‘none existent’ tears.

“I saw it. And you still have tear tracks on your face.” Miroku added, sighing slightly when the human quickly whipped his cheeks, removing the evidence.

“No I don’t.” he answered, his glare softening somewhat as he looked at Miroku. “You people must be imagining things, you’re batty.

“Idiot. We saw it, and I smell it and-” Kouga started to snap, there was only so much of Inuyasha’s stubbornness he could take.

“Shhh.” Kagome hushed, moving over to the balcony. “Don’t you hear that?” that question was directed at the demons of the group.

“Hear what?” Miroku asked, though he knew the question wasn’t meant for him. Kouga and Sesshomaru nodded in agreement to his question.

“Crackling . . .like . . .flames.” she gasped, and Sango wore a similar expression to her horror stuck one. “Oh no, not now. He couldn’t have figured us out this early!” she cried, and just as she finished the balcony doors were thrust open, and she engulfed in a torrent of flames. Not two seconds after she hit the wall was the fire out and she standing.

“How are you my sweet Kagome?” a voice laughed, no human in the hidden mans voice, only a tone that promised death.

“Damn you to hell Naraku! It’s where you belong you disgusting creature!” Kagome screamed, her blue eyes glowing in the dim light.

“Such harsh words, they wound me.”

“That’s not the only thing that’s going to wound you.” Sango muttered, her hands balled into fists as her eyes glowed as well. She was completely ignored though . . .

“How did you like my flames Kagome?”

“Flames? Those were flames?” she laughed, a sinister tone to her normally cold voice. “Those were like feathers dancing on my skin in the wind.” the air around the room suddenly crackled, telling every occupant that Naraku was obviously not pleased. “This is fire.” her hands erupted into twin blazes, her eyes glowing bright enough to blind anyone her dared to look her in the eye. Maybe Naraku would be fool enough to try it . . . . .

“No Kagome! Don’t!” Sango screeched, knowing full well that Kagome hadn’t had the time to rest yet. This could possibly knock her out for more then a week!

But her warning went unheeded, and Kagome attacked despite her better judgement. The fire that burned from her outstretched hands turned the room to a temperature that --if it hadn’t of been for Sango’s wall of water that was quickly turning to steam-- would have cooked the humans alive. Even the demons had to admit . . .it was too hot for even them.

When finally the fire died down, nothing but a pile of ashes and a wooden doll with hair around it was left of ‘Naraku.’

“Damn.” Kagome whispered, her knees visibly shaking. “Just another doll.” She was panted, taking in audible gulps of air to fast to actually allow them to reach her lungs.

“I told you . . .”Sango sighed, shaking her head.

“No sweat . . .I’ll be . . .fine in . . . in a minute . . .” her voice tailed off and her eyes closed. She wobbled, then fell backwards, and landed on Inuyasha, who everyone was just noticing was standing right behind her. He gave a small grunt upon impact but picked her up none the less.

“I’ll lye her down.” he said softly, heading to his room.

“You get some sleep too.” Miroku said.

“Alright,” Inuyasha replied, and he closed the door behind him.

******************************************************** **************************************************

Again I’d like to say thanks to the reviews I’ve gotten. And I’d like to say that the chapters from here on in should be longer. But I’d also like to say that because I missed the last update day by three week that on the next one (*which will be NEXT SUNDAY if I can find the time*) will be a double update. That mean TWO chapters in one day!

That’s right!

TWO CHAPTERS on SUNDAY DECEMBER THE 21ST.

Thanks again, and review! And maybe if you’re even luckier you’ll get an update during the week . . .if my exams don’t hold me up!

REVIEW!

~Hitsugaya630 . . . .OUT!!!! XD!!!!