InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sister Jewels. ❯ Chapter 9- Apologies and Revealations. ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sister Jewels.
A/N: I do NOT own Inuyasha or any Inuyasha related Characters. But any original characters that I may or may not add in this story DO belong to me.

I am sooo sorry about the long wait. I have a million excuses (* most of which revolve around the ridiculous amount of homework and projects that teachers assign their students for second term which they are only given little over a month to accomplish and hand in on the same day.*) But you probably don’t want to hear them and would probably much rather started reading the story seeing as I left it off at a bad place and haven’t updated in almost 4 months. Wait . . . 4 months! Good god! I didn’t realize that it was THAT long! I guess I’ve got to start updating all of my stories now. Man . . . I have a LOT of typing to do. My fingers are going to be sore.

Again sorry about the long wait. And here’s the long awaited chapter!

Chapter 9
Apologies and Revelations.

Inuyasha was gripping the steering wheel of his red convertible so tightly that his knuckles were white . . . and Kagome was pretty sure that there were probably indents left behind from his finger if he ever did loosen his grip. Even though Kagome thought it may be better for both of them if she stayed quiet, the awkward and very uncomfortable silence was making her slightly edgy.

Sango and Miroku had taken one car, Kouga and Ayame in another, and Sesshomaru and Rin in Sesshomaru’s car. So that left them by themselves, which probably wasn’t the brightest idea on her sister’s behaves. Did they want them to kill themselves fighting?

They hadn’t said a word since they left the condo, and because Inuyasha was her master Kagome could feel his anger, his stubbornness about not breaking the silence, and the hurt that was buried so deep in anger that she actually had to look to notice it.

Sighing for what seemed like the millionth and one time to her during this unbelievably long car ride, Kagome looked out the window as the last traces of Tokyo disappeared behind then. It seemed that Naraku still preferred to be as far away from civilization as possible.

Having heard enough of this silence (even though there was nothing to hear but the quiet purr of the engine) she grabbed a hold of the nearest part of the steering wheel she could grab and jerked it to the side. It served its purpose.

The vehicle swerved to the side, and Inuyasha quickly regained control, only to park on the side of the abandoned highway and turn to her. Rage burning behind his sun kissed eyes.

“What the hell!?” he screamed at her, his ears even folding back against the volume of his voice. She winched slightly, and whimpered a little when he grabbed her biceps forcefully.

‘He’s Inuyoukai.’ She thought, ignoring his rants entirely. ‘What did Sango say Inuyoukai did to show their sorry?’ Then it clicked, and she mentally grinned. He was just close enough. When she noticed their close proximity was also when she realized he had stopped talking and was glaring at her heatedly.

Ignoring the pain in her arms she leaned towards him, she gently nipped the side of his neck, tilting her head and baring her throat in return, a silent but very big sign of submission. His whole body stiffened as if his muscles were coiled tight, ready to spring away from her if need be.

His eyes had widened as she did this, though she could not tell. His demonic blood was roaring at him to say she was forgiven. He ignored it. ‘How does she now this? How does she know the silent Inu language?’ he thought shocked as the women in front of him started licking, nipping and nuzzling his neck. He allowed his arms and shoulders to relax as she continued. ‘She’s really sorry.’

‘What isn’t he responding?’
Kagome thought. Normally when Inuyoukai said they were sorry without words the youkai being asked for forgiveness usually responds imminently. Did this mean that he doesn’t forgive her?

Just as she came to that conclusion his head dipped and he licked her neck, his fangs just gently grazing her skin, causing goose bumps to rise where they touched. She smiled and pulled back a little.

“How did you know to do that?” he whispered, more to himself then her, but she answered anyways.

“Sango. She was a demon slayer before. They know demon habits. If any of us had a demon for a master and we didn’t know it’s habits she would tell us just so that we didn’t accidentally get ourselves into trouble. I guess it worked.” She smiled brightly as he nodded.

“Makes some sense . . .But why did you say that in the first place? Is kissing me really that bad?” He was still whispering.

“Well . . .not really no. I just . . .I didn’t understand why I was kissing you anyways. I’d barely known you for more then a day. It just . . .didn’t seem right to me. And when they walked in and you had that smug look on your face I was just trying to get that smug look off your face. I didn’t mean it the way it sounded. I’m sorry.”

“Keh, It’s fine wench.” he smirked at her.

“That’s exactly the look I was trying to get rid of.” she muttered, folding her arms across her chest and scowling. He chuckled, and leaned forward to kiss her cheek gently.

“So you honestly don’t mind?” he asked cautiously. Her eyes widened in surprise. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“You’re asking for my . . . .permission to kiss me?” she asked, her expression still dazed.

“Yeah . .” he said slowly, “Why wouldn’t I?” She gaped at him, and his expression turned from confused, to confused and irritated.

“You’re probably the only master I’ve ever had that wanted me consent to kiss me, the only one that asked first.”

Now it was his turn to gape.

“Are you serious!?” he suddenly yelled, startling her. She nodded. “So your first kiss was forced!?”

“Yeah, before I met Izuru . . .” she stopped slightly, before taking a deep breath and continuing. “He wanted my permission too . . .but I never could give it to him.”

“Why not?” he could see that she was trying to hold her self together, and pulled her over the gearshift and into his lap. The steering wheel pressed uncomfortably against the small of her back, but she ignored it for now.

“He died.” she smile sadly, “He asked me if he could . . And no sooner had the words left his mouth had someone attacked him. They had been after me. He told me to run, I wouldn’t but because he had released me he told me it was an order. I ran, and got Sango, Ayame, and Rin. By the time we got back he had almost literally been torn to shreds.” the tears in her eyes spilled over, and he gently whipped them away with the pad of his thumb, before cupping her cheek in his palm. She took three deep breaths and continued. “Someone had shredded his arms and legs, though he had managed to kill quiet a few of the attackers before they were able to do so. Someone had ripped his chest open and torn his heart out. We don’t know how but it was still beating faintly beside him when we got there. But shortly after it stopped.”

Inuyasha whimpered only slightly when a image of his human form demolished just like she described, and hugged her close when she shuddered. “How long had you been with him?” he asked, trying to turn the topic onto a happier note.

“It was the longest we had ever been out of our jewels before. About a year.”

“A year and he was just asking you for your permission?” he chuckled. She laughed slightly as well.

“He might have been strong, and a good fighter, and brave, and unbelievably stupid.” she laughed again. “He’d run straight into a fight without thinking that he might get killed, or taking the time to remember that the enemy was usually at least a hundred times his size. But he was also unbelievably self conscious.” he nodded, encouraging her to continue. “Most people didn’t really get along with him. Mostly because he always snapped at everyone. But most people were afraid of him, he was stronger then a normal human should be. When he was younger people would tell him he was worthless because he couldn’t fight. So he grew up believing that, ever after he learned to fight. So he thought I’d think the same and laugh in his face.”

“Would you have?”

“No.” She smiled.” I might have giggled and blushed like an idiot but I wouldn’t laugh.”

“Would you let me kiss you?” after getting over the shock of him asking her so bluntly she did giggle, and blush.

“Are you okay?” his expression was bemused.

“Sorry.” she said sheepishly after she gained control of her giggling. “That was a real lapse in sanity. Bu . . .I’m not really sure why I--” he cut her off from her rambling.

“Will you let me kiss you?” he repeated for the third time. A new blush blended into the first and he though she was going to have another giggle fit. But to his surprise . . .she didn’t.

“Yes . . .” her voice was so low that he barely heard it. But he did, and his ears perked.

“Really?” he asked hopefully, wondering if she was just joking around like he had been. But she didn’t need to know that . . .

“Yes.” Without any other warning or indication, he pushed his lips on hers.

She could tell that he had meant for it to be short and gentle. She could feel the way his lips barely touched her, but almost as soon at they touched, he almost attacked her. His mouth was hot and furious on hers, causing fire to erupt in her lips, sending heat down to the pit of her stomach. His teeth nibbled on her bottom lip, while his tongue teased it. He pushed her back against the steering wheel and removed his mouth. She whimpered slightly.

He attacked her neck this time, and she moaned, her back arching towards him. His hand instinctively reached upwards. He confused him when she gently pushed on his chest to push him back.

“What?” he whispered, his is voice husky and slightly out of breath.

“I said you could kiss me, Inuyasha, but I don’t think I’m quiet ready to go that far.”

“What are you talking a--” his eyes widened when he noticed that his hand was enclosed over her left breast. His face turned crimson as he removed it. He leaned forward, nuzzled into her neck, and she licked his in return. “Sorry.” he muttered, even though he had already been forgiven.

He shifted, lifted her back into her seat and gripped the steering wheel again. “Let’s get going before the guys think we’ve fucked each other.” The both laughed even though they were both sporting twin blushes.

xxxxxxxx

“Where the hell have you been!?” Kouga screeched once they both stepped out of the car.

“Calm your hormones wolf.” Inuyasha snapped. “Don’t get your panties in a twist, we’re here aren’t we? Stupid traffic.” he muttered.

“I don’t know why you couldn’t just let me blow them up.” Kagome snapped, her voice irritated. Just like that had planned.

“Cuz, idiot, we’d have killed though people and then we’d need physical contact to restore your powers. And touching me in any sort of fashion is a ‘lapse in sanity’” he snapped.

“Well if you hadn’t of assumed that you mister high and mighty and everyone has to bow down at your feet we wouldn’t be back to the topic of my sanity!”

“What sanity!? You’ve obviously lost it somewhere along you life!?”

Kagome opened her mouth to retaliate with the next rehearsed line, fire licking at her palms, when Miroku interrupted them.

“Ladies, as fun as it would be to watch Inu get his ass kicked, we’d like to get inside before you alert Naraku to our presence.” Inuyasha narrowed his eyes, and Kagome stuck her tongue out at him.

“Keep your tongue in your mouth or I’ll out it to good use.” Inuyasha smirked, as he had not given Kagome a particular line to reply to that. She just glared at him; he smirked in triumph. She stepped closer, her eyes wide.

“Are those . . . Dimples?” she asked him, a sly smile on etched across her lips as his smirk disappeared.

“No.” he replied fast. She got close to his face, and he gulped.

“And freckles on your nose and cheeks?”

“No!” he bolted to catch up with the rest of the group as she laughed.

Hey, freckles and cut dimples weren’t very intimidating while fighting.