InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Takahashi High ❯ Busy Saturday ( Chapter 48 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: Me no own, so you no sue. M'kay?
A/N - As suggested by several readers, I brought back a character who was mentioned I think only once. lol I couldn't resist!! Oh yeah, and it's short, I know. Sorry!
Higurashi Kagome : ^_^ Thanks!!! Hope you keep reading!
InuYashasLoveLorn : Aww, thanks!! Hope you keep reading! ^_^
essie : Thanks! ^_^
shorty14090 : Welcome back! teehee Glad you like my fic so much. ^_^ And don't worry about that person who left that review. They're just dumb. Thanks though!! Read your story and liked it!! Left a review too. ^_^
Becks : Aww, thanks so much!!! I'm glad you enjoy my fic. ^_^ Hope you keep reading!
inuyashapup : Reviews rule!! lol I'm so happy. ^_^
caribmiko : Thanks for the review and idea! Hope you keep reading! ^_^
sunnyk1911 : Eeee!!! Thanks!!! ^_^ lol! Lots of reviews are great. ^_^ Well, hope you keep reading!! Oh, and thanks for the suggestion, hope you're happy with this chapter. hehehe
aquablueflamedragon : Thank you!! ^_^ Hope you keep reading, and any ideas you have are wonderful and greatly appreciated.
Miztikal_Dragon : ^_^ Thanks!! hehe! Glad you like my fic.
hanyou_gurl004 : Yep, special plans INDEED! hehehe ^_^ Thanks for reading and reviewing!
ssp51201 : I agree, guys like that so great!! Well, hope you keep reading and reviewing!! ^_^
SerenityVRain : lol! I know, we need to talk online!!! I'm typing as fast as I can. hehe And you're right, I'd never forget ANY fic I start. ^_^ AH! Don't cyber punch me! lol Well, talk to you later!
fallen angel13 : Glad you like my fic, hope you keep reading! ^_^
Milady Goddess : hehe! Hope you keep reading and reviewing, glad you liked it! ^_^
xXdArKn3sSxWitHinXx : teehee!! Thanks for the support, hope you keep reading and reviewing!! ^_^
InusDemoness : Aww, sucky school!!! But I'm glad that you got to read, and enjoyed, my fic. ^_^
EbilJo : hehe! ^_^ Glad you liked it. Yeah, I think that Rin's wedding will be near the end. Anywho, hope you keep reading!
lilazngrl : Thanks for reading and reviewing! I know, it's hard to balance out the romantic stuff, since it's hard for me to think of romantic things! lol ^_^
Sun_Shine : Hi!!! Glad you're reading and reviewing, hope you enjoy! ^_^
Naomi_Angel_Gurl : Well, you see, it's not MY golden rule, it's just the general "everyone knows it" golden rule. Look, I speak my mind all the time, too. I have no problem with that at all. However, calling me a little fucker, just because I haven't had time to update as quickly as you want, is uncalled for. So next time, if you'd like to leave a review, by all means do so. But swearing at me like that is rude and shoddy. So, could you please refrain from doing so?
Asako : Hey, thanks for reviewing! I'll be sure to check out your fic when I get a chance. ^_^ Well, hope you like this chapter!
~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
Saturday morning Sango could be seen sound asleep in her comfy bed, completely oblivious to the outside world. In the kitchen of her house, however, were two people, both wearing aprons. First was her boyfriend, who was flipping pancakes on the stove while wearing a pink apron. The other was her little brother, who was slicing fruit on the kitchen table wearing a dark blue apron. The two of them worked quietly, careful not to wake Sango.
"You want to start the bacon?" Miroku asked Kohaku in a low voice, seeing that all the fruit was cut and in a bowl.
Kohaku grinned and grabbed the package of bacon from the grocery bag. He got a pan for the stove and stood next to Miroku, placing the strips of bacon inside of it. Within no time, the bacon was popping and sizzling pleasantly. Miroku kept an eye on Kohaku with the hot grease as he shaped the fifth pancake into the shape of a heart.
Kohaku made a face. "Hearts are girly."
Miroku chuckled. "Very true. But, they're for your sister." Kohaku shrugged and carefully flipped the bacon.
The pancakes stacked high, Miroku plopped them into a heated pan to keep them warm. From there he pulled the orange juice and whipped cream from the fridge. He poured a glass of juice and set it aside. After selecting a few good-sized strawberries from the cut fruit, he pulled out two pancakes and set them on a plate. He squirted the whipped cream into the center of the pancakes, and then placed the strawberries around it. At that point Kohaku finished the bacon, and he piled the pieces onto a smaller plate.
Miroku then began stacking the items onto the tray carefully. The two plates, glass of juice, pieces of cut fruit, and finally a small glass vase with a red rose sticking out of it. With a final nod to each other, the two of them walked down the hall to Sango's bedroom. On the way, Kohaku picked up Kirara who was sitting on the floor licking her paw. He resituated the bow around her neck and whispered to Miroku, "I can't believe you actually found her."
Miroku grinned. "It wasn't easy. I was searching all week before I spotted her, and then I had to coax her inside. I can see why you two lose track of her so much."
Kohaku grinned and opened the door cautiously, peering in. "She's still asleep." He whispered.
"So go wake her." Miroku whispered back, nudging the kid forward with his elbow.
Kohaku crept over to Sango's bed and, deciding against yelling loudly to wake her, lowered his head to her ear and calling name softly. He shook her arm gently, and Sango finally began stirring. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around, sleepy and confused. She gave a sleepy smile when she saw Kohaku and pulled him into a one armed hug.
"Morning." She said sleepily. "I thought you were sleeping over at Souta's."
"I was. Miroku picked me up." Sango gave him a confused look and Kohaku pointed at the doorway, where Miroku stood holding the tray, grinning from ear to ear.
Sango pushed herself up into a sitting position and began smiling. Miroku walked over to her and set the tray down on her lap. "Aww, you guys!" She squeaked happily, looking at the food. "You made breakfast for me!"
Kohaku beamed happily. "And we did it without making loud noises!"
Sango laughed and Miroku grinned. Just then Kirara mewed, and Sango's eyes lit up even more. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!" Kirara leapt onto her lap and Sango pulled her into a tight hug, producing a squeak from the cat. Sango kissed her head before letting her curl up on her lap, falling asleep. Miroku chuckled and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. Sango smiled at the both of them and Kohaku watched excitedly as Sango took a bite of her food. She gave an appreciative smile and Kohaku looked thrilled. Miroku kissed her cheek one more time before playfully grabbing Kohaku around the neck. "Well my'lady, we'll leave you here to enjoy your breakfast." The two of them left the room and Sango just smiled and shook her head before going back to her breakfast.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Mrs. Higurashi knocked lightly on her daughter's door. Hearing no response, she slowly opened the door and called quietly, "Kagome, wake up dear." Kagome turned her head to face the other way and continued dozing. Mrs. Higurashi called again, "Wake up Kagome."
Kagome lifted her head slightly. "Huh?"
Her mother walked to her bed and sat down. Kagome blinked her eyes a few times and looked at her mom. "Everything okay?"
"Yeah, everything's fine. But, I have a favor to ask you."
Kagome sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What?"
"I promised to take Souta and Shippo to the pool today. But now, your grandfather needs to be driven three hours into the next down for some... convention thing or something. So, would you mind taking the boys to the pool? It'll only be for a few hours."
Kagome yawned and nodded her head. "Yeah sure, I'll take them."
Her mother kissed her head before leaving the room. "Thank you, honey."
Kagome stretched and stood up. She walked around her room gathering her shower items. From there she walked to her bathroom and took a shower, unaware of the phone ringing downstairs.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Rin gave an enormous yawn and her head fell forward slightly. Her head suddenly jolted back sharply and she looked around frantically. She sighed and looked at the clock. "Oh, this was a bad idea." When Sess dropped Rin off the previous night, instead of going to bed like she should have, she decided to look through the books and catalogues for the wedding. Well, one hour led to two, and two led to four, and before she knew it, she was chugging pop and splashing herself with cold water to stay awake. She had accidentally fallen asleep for a few hours, but not enough for a decent rest. Now, she was incredibly tired during the day, and could barely drag herself to her bedroom. "Thank God it's Saturday." She mumbled as her face hit her pillow.
~|~|~|~|~|~
When Kagome stepped out of the shower, she wrapped a towel around her body and walked into her room. There she dressed in a two-piece swimsuit and threw shorts and a halter top on over it. When that was finished she walked downstairs and smiled at her brother and his friend. She poured herself a bowl of cereal and called to her brother, "Have Mom and Grandpa left yet?"
Souta nodded his head, but then glanced at Shippo, and the two of them fell into a fit of laughter. Kagome gave them a weird look. "What's so funny?"
"Nothing, sis!" Souta choked out. Shippo shook his head wildly.
Kagome rolled her eyes. She put down the bowl of cereal in her hands and was about to ask her brother what time he wanted to leave, when she was suddenly grabbed around them middle and thrown over a shoulder. She screamed loudly, and then screamed some more when she heard her boyfriend laughing along with her brother and his friend.
"Inu Yasha, put me down!" She struggled against his firm grip, but began laughing as well when he began tickling her.
Inu Yasha finally set her back down on her own two feet, but grinned and chuckled when she playfully punched his chest. "You scared me!"
He pulled her into a hug and said to Souta and Shippo, "Go get your things, we're leaving in a minute."
They got up and scampered away as Kagome turned around in his arms. "Huh?"
Inu Yasha leaned down and gently kissed her. When he pulled back he responded, "I called you this morning, and Souta told me that you guys were going swimming. Then, he invited me to go."
"Oh." Kagome replied. "Okay." She removed his arms from her and quickly finished her cereal before saying to him, "Go make sure they're ready, I'm almost done." She took off to her room while Inu Yasha went to get the boys ready.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Sess got out of his car and walked up to Rin's front door. He knocked and waited. A few seconds later one of the helpers answered. She smiled at him and said, "Rin is asleep in her room right now."
"Still?" He asked as he came inside.
The woman smiled. "Actually, finally. She was up all night. When I started working this morning she was just making her way to bed."
Sess chuckled and walked to Rin's room. He quietly opened the door and peered in to see his sleeping beauty. Or rather, his sleeping beauty's head of hair surrounded by mounds of pink comforters. He grinned and crept to her bed. He removed his shoes before curling up beneath the sheets behind her and wrapped his arms around her. Rin immediately curled into his warmth and a small smile graced her lips as she dozed. Sess kissed the top of her head. He would just have to talk to her when she woke up.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Kagome sat in the passenger seat of Inu Yasha's car playing with his radio, while Inu Yasha growled at her from the driver's seat and Souta and Shippo laughed from the back seat. She ignored him, and grinned as it finally landed on a song they could agree on. When they arrived at the pool Shippo and Souta leapt out of his car and ran up to the front while Inu Yasha and Kagome took a bit more time, gathering the towels and such. As Kagome kneeled over into the backseat of the car to grab a flipper, Inu Yasha smirked. He took a nice long look at her round backside before rearing his hand back and giving her a sharp, yet playful smack on the bum.
Kagome screeched and pulled back. She straightened up and gave him an enraged look. "Did you just do what I think you did?!"
He smirked. "Maybe, maybe not."
She glared at him and dropped the things in her arms in his. "You're a dork. Come on." She led the way up to the front of the pool area where the boys were waiting. He just chuckled and followed her, balancing all the items in his arms.
Kagome quickly paid for their entry with the money her mother left her and the boys quickly took off into the changing room. Kagome rolled her eyes and made her way to the other changing room. She took her time undressing and putting her belongings in a locker, and when she finally walked out into the pool area, the three boys were already horsing around in the pool. She grinned and walked around the pool till she found their pile. Kagome placed her towel next to Inu Yasha's and laid down.
She was perfectly happy just lying where she was, not having to worry about watching the boys. That is, until, Inu Yasha walked up to her, dripping wet, and said, "Let's go."
"Go where?" She asked, her eyes still closed.
"The pool. Come on, move it. You're not staying here the whole time."
"Of course I'm not." She replied before flipping over onto her stomach. She heard Inu Yasha growl and couldn't resist laughing.
Inu Yasha sighed before leaning over and grasping his girlfriend waist and heaving her to her feet. She gasped and immediately began pulling away from him, but he would have none of that as he dragged her towards the pool.
"Inu Yasha!" She hissed as she tried to twist her hand from his strong grip. "Let me go!"
He chuckled and shook her head. "No way. Not only is it dumb to just sit there the whole time, I've got a bet going on with Shippo and your brother, and I'll be damned if I lose!"
Kagome was about to demand that he let go of her, but was unable to when she suddenly found herself being flung into the deep end of the water. She landed with a splash and when she finally came up for air, she opened her eyes to see Shippo and Souta laughing hard. Inu Yasha was smirking down at her from the edge and she glared at him. "You all suck." She said loudly.
Inu Yasha laughed and jumped in, splashing the three of them with water. "Alright guys, I win." He grinned.
Souta rolled his eyes. "Aww man, but we don't have the money!"
Inu Yasha rolled his eyes. "Oh please, you two can find a fifty cents each, it's not hard."
Kagome's mouth dropped and she glared. "Inu Yasha, the bet was for a dollar?!"
He chuckled. "Yeah, so?"
"What the heck do you need a dollar for you dork!"
Souta grinned. "Well we didn't want to bet more than that, because if we lost then we didn't want to have to pay that much!"
Kagome rolled her eyes and began swimming towards the shallow end. "Alright, I was in the water. Now leave me alone."
Inu Yasha swam after her and grabbed onto her ankle. "Not so fast." He said with a grin.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Miroku opened Sango's bedroom door and grinned as he saw her holding Kirara tightly and kissing her head. He kissed her cheek before picking up the tray from her bed. He brought it back to the kitchen and returned with a bouquet of different colored roses. Sango beamed at him as she let go of Kirara and took the roses from him. He sat on the bed next to her and leaned close, kissing her neck. Sango smiled as his kisses came closer and closer to her lips before finally landing on them. She grasped the back of his neck and kissed him back.
As Miroku moved closer to Sango, his hands making his way beneath the covers to grasp her hips, Sango pulled back and gasped, "Where's Kohaku?"
Miroku smiled at her. "Not here." He attempted to kiss her again, but Sango turned away.
Laughing she asked, "But where is he?"
Miroku laid his head on her shoulder and sighed. "In the kitchen."
Sango laughed and pushed Miroku back. "Miroku!" She said in a playfully warning voice.
He chuckled. "What? I knew he wasn't going to come in."
She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. Making her way out of bed she said, "The breakfast was great, Miroku. Thank you." He grinned at her but frowned when she walked to her bedroom door. He jumped up and stepped in front of her blocking her from leaving and said, "Whatcha doin'?"
She gave him a confused look. "Going into the kitchen to say hi to Kohaku and get some water for the roses."
He took the roses from her and said, "I'll do that for you."
She crossed her arms in front of her. "Is there some reason why I'm not allowed out there?"
Miroku grinned, kissed her cheek, and said, "Get dressy. I'll be back in a bit."
Sango laughed and rolled her eyes. He left and she shut the door behind him before walking to her closet to find some clothes to wear.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Rin wrinkled her forehead in confusion as she left herself wrapped in something warm. Not yet wanting to wake entirely, she settled for curving in closer to the warmth behind her, giggling softly when fingers gently ran up and down her arms. It didn't fully register to her that someone was behind her until lips gently kissed her ear and a deep voice behind her mumbled, "Are you awake, Rin?"
Rin's eyes fluttered open and she turned her head to the side slightly, smiling at her fiance. "Good morning, Sessy."
"Good afternoon." He said with a grin.
She kissed his cheek and said, "You know, I don't really remember going to bed with you. Did I miss something?"
He chuckled. "I came over this morning to talk to you about the wedding. My mom brought up a few goods points, so I wanted to take you out to eat to talk to you about them. Instead, I find out that you've just gone to sleep. So I planned on waiting till you woke up, but I fell asleep to. That is, until you pressed up against me. That sure as hell woke me up."
Rin laughed and turned around. She hugged his torso and placed her head on his chest. "What did you want to talk about?"
Sess kissed the top of her head and replied, "Want to talk about it over breakfast?" He glanced at his watch. "A very late breakfast?"
Rin agreed and the two of them got out of bed. She quickly changed her clothes and the two of them went down to Sess' car.
~|~|~|~|~|~
"Kagome! Hey Kagome! Watch!" Souta threw the ball into the basketball net on the edge of the pool. It went in with a swoosh and he grinned triumphantly.
Kagome smiled and waved to her brother. "Good job, Souta!" She immediately brought her hands back down to remove Inu Yasha's hands from her body. "Would you knock it off?" She hissed.
He chuckled and moved closer, his hands still attempting to touch her smooth body beneath the water. "Make me."
She rolled her eyes and moved back. "Oh I'll make you alright!" When he laughed she just sighed and said, "You know, if Souta sees you groping his older sister, he'll be scarred for life."
Inu Yasha smirked at her and said, "He seems pretty damn occupied right now." Kagome glanced over her shoulder to see her brother and Shippo playing water basketball with a few other kids their age. Taking the opportunity to grab at her when she wasn't looking, Inu Yasha reached forward and ran his hand over her soft thigh to her curved rump. Kagome screeched and leapt backwards. Loosing her footing on the slick bottom, she sunk beneath the water. Inu Yasha, laughing, reached beneath the water and grabbed her arms, lifting her to her feet.
Kagome just glared at him and said, "I'm going to go lie down."
Inu Yasha stuck out his bottom lip in a pout and said, "Can I come?"
Kagome rolled her eyes, but couldn't resist his cutely-pathetic look and laughed. She gave him a quick kiss before replying, "Why don't you play basketball with my brother?"
He pulled her close and mumbled, "I'd rather play with you."
Kagome gave him another kiss before pulling away. "Go play."
He swatted her backside playfully as she got out and winked at her when she glared. Kagome went back to her towel while Inu Yasha joined the boys in their game.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Sess and Rin were sitting in a Denny's sipping coffee and enjoying stacks of pancakes. As Rin made a pancake tower, she glanced up at Sess and said, "So what did you want to talk about, baby?"
He smiled at her. "We really should set a date. And, discuss whether we want a big wedding, or small. Indoor or out. Day or night. And where."
Rin sat up straight and grinned. "You sounded so cute just now, talking like that."
He chuckled. "Seriously."
As Rin poured a syrup moat on the plate around the tower she said, "Well, here's what I'm thinking. You don't have to agree with me if you don't want to. I thought maybe a small wedding during the day might be cute. But indoor or outdoor... That's a hard one."
He smiled at her. "Well those sound fine to me. And where do you want to go for the honeymoon?"
Rin sipped some coffee before saying, "Sweetie, don't you think you should choose that one?"
Sess raised an eyebrow. "Why?"
She giggled. "Because if it were up to me, I'd choose to camp out your backyard."
Sess laughed and shook his head. "You're right, I'll find a place."
Rin grinned and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Now, about the date..."
Sess rubbed his chin. "If we want to get married as soon as possible, but not till we graduate, maybe like a week or so after graduation."
Rin's eyes lit up. "Oo oo, can we really get married that soon?"
Sess shrugged. "I don't know. But if they say no, then I'm sure that my father's money can change their mind."
Rin threw her arms around his neck and said, "Mine too, mine too!"
Sess laughed and hugged her tightly.
~|~|~|~|~|~
Sango sat on the edge of her bed, her chin in her hands, tapping her foot impatiently. Miroku had forbidden her from leaving her room, and stationed Kohaku outside her door to make sure she didn't leave. She had already tried leaving twice, but Kohaku stopped her by throwing foam footballs at her. Eventually she just stopped trying. But now she was just plain bored, and damn ready to barge her way through Kohaku.
A knock at the door startled her from her thoughts and she jumped up. She straightened her dress before opening the door, but immediately threw her hands over her mouth and gasped. There in front of her stood her dear little brother, dressed in the cutest little tux she'd ever seen. "You look so cute!" She exclaimed.
Kohaku rolled his eyes. "Aw sis, don't." She giggled as he stuck out his arm and she laced her arm through his own.
From there he led her through the hallway. Red and pink flower petals were sprinkled on the floor leading through the hallway and into the dining room where a table was set for two. The house was spick-and-span clean, and decorated very cutely. As Sango looked at the table she asked, "Why is it only set for two?"
Kohaku grinned. "Sis, it's not romantic to eat dinner with your boyfriend, and your little brother. Besides, Miroku ordered me an entire pizza for myself, and he moved the TV into my room, and is letting me borrow his game system!"
Sango laughed and allowed Kohaku to lead her to the table. Awkwardly he held out the seat for her and scooted her up to the table. "Where's Miroku?"
Kohaku just grinned and said, "Enjoy."
Sango's face showed pure confusion as he walked away, leaving her alone in the room. She sighed and looked at the table. She smiled slightly at the flower in a vase in the middle of the table, but something then caught her eye. A note was underneath the vase. She pulled it out carefully seeing her name written across the top of it. Opening the note she looked around to see if Kohaku or Miroku had joined her yet. Seeing no one she looked down at the note.
Sango ~ I'm assuming that since you found this, you're waiting by yourself in the dining room. I'll be out in a minute, but in the meantime, I need you to know that this surprise will not be as romantic as the others. The rest of the surprise won't be ready for a very long time. Sorry. Well baby, look up.~Miroku
Sango looked up suddenly to see Miroku standing in front of her holding a large platter, looking gorgeous in black slacks and a gray sweater. Her smile grew wide as she set down the note. He walked over to the table and set down the platter. Removing its lid he said with flourish, "Viola!"
Sango looked up at him with glowing eyes. "Did you cook?"
He chuckled and sat across from her. "That I did."
On the platter was a delicious looking glazed ham with sliced potatoes and carrots around it. He carefully sliced the ham and placed some on her plate before serving himself. "This looks amazing, Miroku."
He grinned. "Thank you, babe."
~|~|~|~|~|~
Inu Yasha and Kagome piled the pool things into Inu Yasha's trunk as the two boys climbed into the backseat. With everything in the trunk Kagome turned around to walk to the passenger seat, but Inu Yasha quickly reached out and took hold of her hand. She turned around and he mumbled, "Come here."
Kagome bit her lip. "Inu Yasha..."
"Look," he said, "The trunk is blocking your brother from seeing us." He pulled her close.
Kagome smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. As their lips met, Inu Yasha wrapped his arms around her body. Their tongues danced together and Inu Yasha ran his hands up and down her body. Kagome moaned softly and stepped even closer to him. Inu Yasha kissed his way from her lips to her neck and mumbled, "I had fun today. I would have had even more fun if you weren't so worried about your brother seeing."
Kagome laughed and pushed back. "I know, I know." She kissed his nose and said, "We should get back."
Inu Yasha nodded and the two of them got in the car, right after he pinched her bottom playfully.
~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~