InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Temple of the Dog ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to Inuyasha. Those are the property of one Rumiko Takahashi. I thank her whole-heartedly for giving us such an amazing manga/anime to read/watch.

Author's Note. This is NOT the version of this chapter that is posted on fanfiction.net as this is definitely a lemon. It is not intended for readers under the age of 18. Please read the fanfiction.net version of this chapter if you are not at least 18 years of age or if you do not like to read fanfics containing the use of graphic sex.

You have been warned. Thank you.

Urd-chan

Temple of the Dog - Chapter 15

Morning found Inuyasha still awake. He could hear the sounds of Kagome's mother getting up and starting breakfast. There was no bundle of fur to wake them, but his own impatience made him nudge Kagome awake.

"What?" she mumbled as she felt him gently prod her.

"It's morning," he said as he lifted her in his arms and stood up.

"'morning," she murmured sleepily as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Don't fall back asleep, Kagome. We have to get going."

The priestess nodded and stretched lazily in his arms. "Then maybe you should put me down."

He kissed her before lowering her legs to the floor. He found himself studying the young woman as she ran her fingers through her tousled hair. "Is something wrong?" she asked worriedly.

He studied her for a moment more. "You don't wear that stuff on your eyes."

Kagome shook her head. "I really don't like the way it makes me look. Oh, I know it's the style and all, but I feel more comfortable this way." She paused, waiting for his reaction.

Inuyasha simply nodded.

"If you really want me to wear it, I will," she offered.

"No." He lifted her chin with one hand while smoothing her hair back from her face with the other. "I like you just like that. I never did understand why women put that junk on their eyes."

"Well, it's not just women, you know. A lot of men wear kohl, too."

"I don't."

Kagome laughed. "I noticed. Then again, you don't do a lot of the things that everyone else does."

"I'm a deity. I don't have to," he growled softly. His slight smile belied his words.

The priestess laughed again. "That's true. Of course, people will want to do whatever you do. You could start wearing the face paint of the tribes to the south and everyone else would probably copy you."

"Why would I want to copy those barbarians?"

Kagome looked at Inuyasha and tried to picture him wearing the markings and clothing of the southern tribes and giggled. "Definitely not your style, Inuyasha."

"Breakfast is ready!" Kagome's mother called from the kitchen.

The deity and his priestess joined her family at the table. The food was simple but satisfying. Kagome chatted with her mother as they ate while her grandfather recapped the events of the day before to no one in particular. The overabundance of food from the celebration at the temple the night before left them with little appetite, so it didn't take long for everyone to get their fill.

Kagome's mother refused her daughter's help in clearing the table. "You need to get ready for your trip back to your temple. I can handle this."

Inuyasha mumbled his thanks to Kagome's mother. "I'll see that Kagome comes to visit again soon," he added.

"I'll have to come to the temple when the priests here make their next pilgrimage there," Kagome's mother promised. She looked at Kagome's grandfather, who was looking over some scrolls and seemed unaware of the conversation going on around him. "I'm not sure your grandfather will be up to the trip, though."

The old man pounded his fist on the table. "I've traveled farther than that many times! There's no reason I can't make the trip now."

Kagome's mother smiled at Kagome and Inuyasha. "I know you need to get going, and it looks like I'll have to deal with him right now." She went to her daughter and hugged her. "I love you, Kagome, and I couldn't be more proud of you."

She turned to the visiting deity. "You will always be welcome in our home, Inuyasha. I'm grateful that Kagome found your temple. I've never seen my daughter look this happy. It seems she has really found her place at your side."

Inuyasha mumbled something incoherent and looked expectantly at Kagome. The priestess took his hand and led him from the kitchen to the front of the house. They stepped into the street only to find that another crowd had formed. Several guards stepped forward and offered to escort them to the temple.

It only took them a few minutes to reach the temple. Shippou was sitting on top of a statue, watching for them when they arrived. He quickly jumped down and launched himself into Kagome's arms.

"Damn it, Shippou. You're going to knock her over doing that," Inuyasha scolded him.

Shippou gave him a smug look as Kagome hugged the little kitsune. "You don't mind, do you, Kagome?" he asked innocently.

Kagome ruffled his hair. "It's all right, Shippou. I'm not that fragile."

Inuyasha gave the little youkai an angry glace, but Shippou was too busy talking to Kagome.

"You'll let me come with you, won't you?" he asked with his most innocent expression.

"Well, Shippou, you can come with Miroku and Sango when they return."

Shippou pouted. "Why can't I go with you, Kagome?"

Inuyasha snarled. "You're lucky I'm letting you come at all, runt."

"Kagome!" Shippou squealed as Inuyasha made a grab for his tail.

"Inuyasha, he's just a little boy. You need to be more patient with him," the priestess said softly.

Miroku and Sango appeared at the door to the temple. The priest looked better after a night's sleep.

"Good morning, " Kagome said in greeting.

The friends entered the elaborate stone building together. The temple priests and priestesses were busy with their daily duties, getting ready for worshippers to start arriving. All signs of the celebration from the night before were gone as the temple settled back into its regular routine.

The head priest approached the group. "We've put together some things for you to take with you on your trip." He motioned to several parcels that were wrapped and tied.

Shippou whispered in Kagome's ear. "I put in a surprise for you, Kagome."

Kagome nodded and hugged him. "Thanks, Shippou."

Miroku filled Inuyasha in on the arrangements for their return. Inuyasha and Kagome would be leaving right away, but Miroku and Sango would stay behind for several days to gather supplies and be sure that Kikyou's remains were handled properly. When everything was done, they would return to Inuyasha's temple. Shippou and Kohaku would travel with them, along with several priests from the temple of Osiris. Several guards would also accompany the group, just to be sure they weren't disturbed on their journey.

"Kagome and I won't need any guards," Inuyasha added. "We'll only take what we really need. You can bring the rest with you."

Miroku nodded. The offerings from the previous day had been sorted, and items that could be used at the temple or by people of the village would be packed to take with them. The rest would remain with the priests of the temple, including much of the food which was too perishable to last on the journey.

Kagome broke away from the group to talk briefly with the priestesses of the temple. The girls giggled and asked their friend for details of her life with the living deity. Kagome only blushed and refused to answer their personal questions. She found herself glancing at Inuyasha. He was obviously impatient to be leaving, so Kagome excused herself and promised that she would talk to her friends more on her next visit.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome as she returned to his side. "Are you ready?"

The priestess nodded. She said goodbye to the others and then followed Inuyasha to the temple entrance.

"Get on, " he instructed as he stooped down in front of her.

"What?"

"Get on my back."

"Inuyasha, you can't expect me to ride on you?"

"Just get on," he said impatiently.

Kagome looked at him and shrugged. "This is crazy."

Inuyasha gripped her thighs as she climbed onto his back. Fortunately, she had picked a loose-fitting gown for the journey, and was able to wrap her legs around him as she circled her arms around his neck.

"You don't honestly think you're going to be able to carry me like this all the way back to the temple? And, by tonight?" Kagome said softly in his ear as she tried to get comfortable on his back.

The priestess was startled when Inuyasha started to run, almost losing her grip on him as he sprinted down the street. They quickly reached the outskirts of the city and followed the road that had brought them there only days before.

Inuyasha was silent for most of their trip. They stopped several times to allow Kagome to get down from his back and stretch, and found a small inn to eat lunch at.

"Inuyasha, is everything all right?" she asked him as he fidgeted nervously during one of their rest stops.

"We got a later start than we should have. We're going to have to hurry to make it to the temple before sunset."

Kagome sighed and moved behind him, letting him help her climb back onto his back. She didn't know why her deity was in such a hurry, but felt she shouldn't ask him why. He would tell her when he was ready.

The day went quickly as Inuyasha sped towards his temple. Kagome found herself getting lost in the feel of the warm wind on her face as they raced through the desert. She could feel Inuyasha's muscles tighten and stretch beneath her as she ran. The touch of his hands on her thighs and his movement s beneath her were more than a little sensual, and she found herself wishing they were already back at the privacy of the temple.

"Remember, you told me you wanted me to dance for you tonight," she reminded him softly as she tightened her arms around him in a hug.

Inuyasha responded by tightening his fingers on her thighs and running faster.

The sun was already low in the sky when they came within sight of their home. Inuyasha slowed as the familiar stone building loomed before them. The pillar that had been broken by Sango's attack had been removed and a new block of stone put in its place. Stone chips littered the ground beneath it, proof that work had already been started on carving a new pillar. Near the entrance of the temple was a second block of stone. It was placed near a statue of Inuyasha, and by the looks of the work that had already been done on it, was being carved into a second statue.

The two visiting priests came to the entrance as they arrived. Houjou looked surprised to see Kagome riding on Inuyasha's back. The priestess quickly climbed down and smoothed her gown.

The first priest bowed slightly in their direction. "Welcome back, my lord. We have waited anxiously for your arrival."

Inuyasha greeted the priests with impatience. "We won't be needing your services this evening."

Kagome moved to his side and placed one hand on his arm. "It has been a long trip, I'm afraid, and Inuyasha wants only some peace and quiet tonight.

The first priest nodded. "I quite understand, my lord. As we had no idea when to expect your return, we have prepared for its possibility. There is fresh water in the holding vat, and food has been brought daily. You should find something to your liking for your dinner on the small altar. We will spend the night at the inn at the village." He bowed again. "Is there anything else you would like us to do before we leave?"

Inuyasha shook his head.

"No, thank you," Kagome added. She was aware of the deity's mood and hoped the two priests would leave quickly.

"What time should we expect the temple to open in the morning?" Houjou asked.

"Late," Inuyasha growled.

"Perhaps you should return around noon," Kagome suggested.

"If that is what you wish, my lord," the priest looked at Inuyasha for confirmation. The deity only nodded

"We can bring the noon meal with us," Houjou suggested to no one in particular.

"It might be wise to ask the village elders to come, too," Kagome added. "There is some news that should be told. It would be best to only have to tell the story once."

The two men nodded and turned to leave. Houjou paused and signaled to the priestess.

"Is everything all right, Kagome?"

She smiled at him and assured him that they were fine. She explained that it had been a stressful trip to the city of the pharaoh and that Inuyasha simply wanted to be alone for a while.

Houjou was easily convinced and followed the second priest in the direction of the village. They would have no difficulty reaching the inn before darkness set in.

Inuyasha closed the temple doors behind the retreating priests and placed the locking bar securely in place.

"Would you care to explain to me why it was so important that we get here in one day?" Kagome asked when they were alone.

"There's something I need to explain to you, Kagome." Inuyasha walked to the doorway of his chambers, grabbing a lit torch on his way. He entered his room and lit another torch from the first before placing it into a notch in the wall.

The room appeared basically the same as when they had left the temple, except for the addition of the items Kagome had chosen from the storeroom. Several wall hangings brightened the far wall, and a small table and chairs was placed in the previously open area beyond the bed. Fresh flowers had been placed in a bowl of water on the table.

Kagome walked to the side of the bed and sat where she had so often in the past. Inuyasha moved to sit next to her. He looked at his hands as he searched for words to explain what was about to happen.

"I already told you that I'm a hanyou," he started, watching the priestess's face for any reaction to his words.

Kagome nodded.

Inuyasha continued to fidget. "My father was a youkai," he started, watching the priestess for any changes in expression.

Kagome nodded again made a small affirmative sound.

"But, my mother was a human."

The priestess simply nodded again. "You explained this to me already. I don't understand why…"

Inuyasha stood up abruptly. "I'm different because of my youkai blood. It's because I'm half youkai that I'm able to do the things I do. And, it's why I look the way I do."

"I love the way you look, Inuyasha."

"There is one thing I didn't tell you before, Kagome. It's because I'm only half youkai…" he paused and turned to look at the priestess. "There is one time every month when a hanyou loses his youkai powers."

He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking once again at his own hands. "My time to lose my youkai powers is during the night of a new moon."

Kagome glanced at the small window on the wall. The daylight had faded to dusk. The sun was just dipping below the horizon. When she looked back at Inuyasha she gasped.

His ears were slowly shrinking, moving down the side of his head. It was almost like they were melting into him. Even as the priestess watched, her deity was transforming into a human. His normally silvery-white hair was darkening, reaching the same shade of pitch as hers. His eyes darkened as their golden hue changed to a deep almost lavender gray. And, the sharp points of the nails on his fingers shortened and turned blunt. The entire process took only moments.

"Inuyasha, is it really you?" Kagome reached out to touch the missing ears.

Inuyasha reached up and pushed his hair away from his now-human ears. "They look just like yours, now."

Kagome reached hesitantly to the exposed ear, letting her fingers trace its curve as she looked at Inuyasha.

"So, what do you think of your deity now?" he asked bluntly.

"I like you this way," she said as she looked him over. "Of course, I like you the other way, too." She paused to move her hands to the top of his head.

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"It's still you, right? You're still the same person inside," she said softly as she slid her arm around him and put her head on his shoulder. "You're still my Inuyasha. It doesn't matter what you look like."

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a firm hug. "Thank you," he murmured in her ear.

"Just one thing, " she said as she moved one hand to the top of his head. "I miss your ears the way they usually are. You did say this was just for one night, right?"

The deity moved his hand to her face, cupping her chin and tilting it so he could kiss her.

"I'll be back to normal when the sun comes up in the morning."

Kagome returned his kiss and then pulled back. "There's something else, Inuyasha. We've been gone for several days and I haven't had a decent bath in all that time. Can we please go down to the river to bathe?"

He shook his head. "Not tonight. I wouldn't be able to protect you properly. I can't see, hear, or smell things as well when I'm like this." He noticed the frustrated look on the priestess's face. "Tomorrow morning, after the sun comes up - I promise I'll take you then."

Kagome looked down at her dusty robes. "Well, I'm going to have to get cleaned up the best I can, then."

She stood and brushed at her gown, which was golden brown from the sand Inuyasha had kicked up while he was running.

"We should eat before we do anything," he said as he stood up. "The priests said there was fresh food for us. It won't be good if it sits too long."

Kagome went to her chest and took out a filmy gown for sleeping. "I'll eat, but then I'm getting cleaned up."

She followed her deity back into the main chamber of the temple. The flickering torches and lamps gave the room a soft, familiar glow. Both were glad to be home as they sat down to eat their dinner. The familiar pot and recipe told them that their meal had been made by Kaede.

"We'll have to thank her later," Kagome said as she finished the last of her warm stew. She took their dirty plates and washed them before filling a large basin with water from the storage vat. She spread her sleeping gown over a nearby stool and took out some soft rags. She was startled by Inuyasha appearing suddenly behind her.

"You scared me," she scolded him.

"You're not the only one who needs to wash." He took one of the cleaning cloths from Kagome and stooped to wet it from the basin. He stood up, pushing her hair away from her face with one hand while he gently wiped the dirt of their journey from her face.

"Inuyasha, I can bathe myself."

"I know. But, this way is better," he said as he rinsed the cloth in the basin and brought it to Kagome's neck. He let the cool water trickle down her collar bone as he gently cleaned her neck.

"Inuyasha," she gasped as the rivulets of water traveled down her body. She shivered as Inuyasha squeezed the cloth, releasing a gush of cool liquid which saturated the front of her gown and brought her nipples to erection.

Inuyasha drew her to him, kissing her hard as his hands fumbled with the fastenings of her gown. The filmy cloth fell to the damp floor, exposing her bare body to him.

"Inuyasha," she whispered as she tried to control her body's reaction. "I'm dirty. Can't you wait at least until I finish washing?"

The deity laughed softly. "Fine, I'll only kiss you where you've been washed." He then kissed her, pulling her to a kneeling position on the floor without releasing her lips. He rinsed the cloth again, returning it to one shoulder. He moved his lips from hers, trailing kisses down her neck as he stroked her arm with the wet cloth. His lips followed the moist trail as he kissed her repeatedly from her shoulder to her wrist. He rinsed the cloth again and repeated his action on her other arm.

"This isn't what I meant," the priestess said breathlessly.

The freshly wet cloth was returned to her shoulder as Inuyasha pulled her hair to one side, carefully washing her back. He followed each stroke with a line of kisses, his lips and tongue tasting her damp skin as he continued to bathe her. Each stroke was followed by a rinsing and wetting of the cloth.

"Inuyasha!"

The next stroke followed a line from her collar bone to her breast. The dark-haired deity took extra care with each breast, circling the soft cloth around each firm mound. His lips outlined the dark circle of one areola before he started teasing her nipple with his tongue. He circled the firm peak of her breast, dragging his tongue across her soft skin before gently grasping the tip between his lips. Inuyasha continued pulling on her nipple, taking more into his mouth while his tongue continued to circle the firm peak. He sucked gently on her while he gently grasped her other breast in his hand.

Kagome moaned with pleasure, her back arching in response to his stimulation. Her fingers wound their way into his hair, pulling his head towards her as he continued to massage and suck her, alternating between her breasts.

After a moment he turned and dipped the cloth into the water again. This time he started just below her breasts, keeping his strokes short as he cleaned her stomach. The freshly rinsed cloth returned again to her navel, where he gently stroked around the sensitive skin of her upper abdomen.

"Turn around," he instructed as he rinsed the cloth again.

Kagome did as she was told and was rewarded with a gentle washing of her backside. The cloth traveled over the firm roundness of her butt, leaving a trail of cool water to trickle down the crack between the two mounds. Inuyasha's lips and tongue again followed, gently kissing every place he washed her.

"Spread your legs a little," he insisted.

Kagome shook her head. "Not yet. We have to get you cleaned up, too, you know."

"Just remember, I'm not done with you, yet," he said softly before kissing her and handing her the cloth.

Kagome rinsed the cloth and twisted it to get rid of the excess water before she used it to gently wipe Inuyasha's face. She found herself paying particular attention to his ears, delighting in his reaction when she gently took one lobe between her lips and sucked on it. "I'll have to find out if your normal ears are this sensitive," she murmured as she moved the cloth to his neck and shoulders.

She continued rinsing the cloth between each area she washed, duplicating his action of kissing his skin as she gently washed it. She trailed her fingers over his chest after she washed it, leaning down to kiss him. She stroked his wet skin with her hands, circling her fingertips lightly over the contours of his muscles before following with her lips and tongue.

Inuyasha moaned with pleasure as Kagome moved to place her bare chest against his. He could feel the soft mounds of her breasts against him as she began to squirm rhythmically against him.

"You did say you wanted me to dance for you tonight, my lord," she whispered as she began to rub her hips against him.

"Damn it, Kagome, you're not being very fair," he groaned as he pulled her to him.

"We're not done bathing, " she reminded him.

Inuyasha rose to his feet, bringing Kagome with him and lifting her to stand her in the basin of water. He grabbed a cloth and plunged it into the water, quickly sponging the dirt from her legs.

"Then, we'd better finish bathing pretty fast," he said as he finished her legs and let the cloth travel briefly between them. He squeezed the cloth in his hand, releasing a gush of cool water against her special place.

"Inuyasha," the priestess gasped as the water ran down her inner thighs.

"Out," he demanded as he lifted her from the basin and stepped into it himself. He bent down to wash his own legs, surprised to find Kagome on her knees in front of him.

"That's my job," she said softly as she took the cloth from him and rinsed it. She brought the soaking cloth to his abdomen, gently washing it before moving down to his manhood, which was already reacting to her touch. She stroked the cloth around the base of his shaft before wrapping it around the length and gently pulling it to the tip.

Inuyasha groaned as the blood rushed to his groin. He could feel his shaft throbbing as it swelled with desire for the woman at his feet. Kagome moved her mouth to him, letting her lips and tongue travel the path of the cloth she had used to wash him with. She kissed him at the base before lightly trailing her tongue along its length, stopping to place a gentle kiss on the tip before taking it into her mouth.

"Kagome," Inuyasha groaned again.

The priestess continued to moved her lips along his manhood, tightening them slightly as she moved her head up and down. She moved one hand to the soft sacs that hung just below his shaft, gently massaging them and she continued to pleasure him with her mouth. She slid her other hand to his backside, digging her fingers into his firm butt as she pulled him to her.

"Kagome," he moaned again before gently pushing her head from her. "Not yet. I don't want to release yet."

Kagome nodded and stood up as he pulled gently on her arms. Inuyasha stepped from the basin, his legs still damp from his bath. He bent down and grabbed the sash from Kagome's sleeping gown.

"What are you doing?" the priestess gasped as Inuyasha grabbed her hands and carefully wound the fabric of the sash around her wrists, tightening it until her hands were bound together. He tied the cloth loosely before lifting Kagome over his shoulder and walking to the low altar where the remains of their dinner waited to be cleared.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome struggled against him, her movements adding to his own excitement.

"This altar has never seen this type of offering before," he mumbled as he set her onto her feet and moved the dishes from the altar. He then swung Kagome into his arms and held her close to him as he kissed her.

"Offering? Inuyasha, this isn't funny. What are you doing?" she squealed as he lowered her to the hard stone.

Inuyasha stretched Kagome's bound hands over her head as he captured her lips with his own. The priestess responded to his kiss, moving her own mouth against his as her lips softened and opened slightly. The deity slid his tongue into the warm, moist recesses of her mouth, exploring them for a moment before retreating and moving his lips to her neck. He moved his free hand to her breast, cupping it gently before taking her nipple between his fingers and rubbing it to arousal.

Kagome groaned and squirmed, trying to bring her hands down from over her head.

"Just relax, " Inuyasha murmured as he shifted one leg, bringing it over her and lowering himself to straddle at her waist. He continued to hold her hands over her head as he returned his lips to hers.

He focused on her lips for a while, kissing her repeatedly as he used one hand to knead the firm flesh of her breasts. The priestess arched her back at his touch, making her body move against his thighs as they pressed against her. Inuyasha reached his other hand to her hands, grabbing the tie that held her and pulling it down to hook it on a protrusion from the end of the altar. Both of his hands were now free, and he used them to stroke her hair softly before returning to her firm, erect nipples.

"Inuyasha," Kagome said as she squirmed. "Let me go."

"Just relax," he demanded again. He kissed her lips gently before lowering his face to her chest, moving his hips further down her body as he took one of her nipples between his lips. He continued gently stimulating one breast with his hand as he used his mouth on the other.

Kagome's moans were adding to his own excitement and he shifted his body again, bringing his legs on either side of hers as he continued to use his tongue and lips on the firm, pink peak of her nipple. His manhood pressed against the crease where her thighs met, rubbing against her as he moved lower on her body.

"Enough of this," he snapped as he moved from her and knelt at the end of the altar. He slid his hands between her knees, pushing her legs apart and up towards her chest as he leaned his head towards her exposed womanhood.

"You're wet," he commented as he lowered his face to her. He slid his tongue softly over the swollen folds of flesh surrounding her special place, tasting and smelling her sweet nectar before pushing his tongue into her.

Kagome gasped and squirmed against him. "Inuyasha!"

The dark-haired deity brought his fingertips to her groin, using them to gently spread her. He pressed his tongue into her again, licking her until she moaned again and pressed her hips towards him. Despite his reduced senses, he could still smell and taste her arousal. The sounds she made only fueled his own desires as he slid two fingers deeply into her. The priestess cried out in pleasure as he pushed his digits deeply into her, letting his thumb rub the nub of flesh at the opening of her womanhood.

"Inuyasha," she cried as he moved his fingers inside her.

He could tell that she was close, and knew that he wasn't going to be able to hold out much longer himself. Inuyasha slid his hands to her thighs and pushed them towards her as he sat in a straddle on the altar, just below her. His pulsing shaft came closer to her as he moved towards her. When his hips were touching hers, he leaned forward, angling his manhood to enter her. He pushed himself into the warm pressure of her womanhood, groaning in pleasure as he felt her clench around him.

Kagome responded by pushing her hips into him. She tried unsuccessfully to free her hands as Inuyasha started pulsing his hips against her as his erect manhood slid in and out of her tightness. Each thrust brought them closer to release. Inuyasha grasped her thighs and lifted her slightly as he matched the rhythm of his hips to hers.

The flickering torchlight bathed them in a golden glow, illuminating the sweat that coated their bodies as Inuyasha leaned into Kagome again, pushing himself into her until he could go no further. The priestess gasped and moaned, "Yes!"

The rhythm of his thrusts continued to increase until the dark-haired deity found himself unable to hold back any longer. "This is it," he mumbled as he pulsated into her.

Kagome could feel the rush of his seed filling her as her own body exploded in release. The room seemed to swirl around them as their pleasure peaked. Inuyasha groaned and pushed himself deeply into her one last time, spreading her legs so he could lean forward onto her, his head resting on her chest. He could hear the racing of her heart as he slid his arms around her.

"Inuyasha," Kagome sighed as she wrapped her legs around him. She was not ready for him to pull out of her. "I wish we could stay like this forever," she murmured.

The dark-haired deity raised his head to look at her. "So, was it any different this time?"

The priestess looked confused and then realized what he meant. "Only that this time you sweated, too. I'm always out of breath and sweaty, but you look like you haven't lifted a finger. This time you are just as sweaty and breathless as I am."

Inuyasha shook his head. "Just for tonight. Tomorrow night I'll have my youkai powers back."

He moved to pull out of her.

"Not yet, please." Kagome sighed and tightened her legs around her. "It feels so good with you in me."

Inuyasha nodded and lay his head back on her breasts. He wasn't in any hurry to leave her, either.

They lay quietly as their bodies returned to normal. After a few minutes Kagome squirmed against him.

"Ummmm… Inuyasha, there is just one little thing."

He buried his face between her breasts for a moment before lifting his head. "What?"

"Would you please undo my hands?"

Inuyasha laughed. "Maybe I should just leave you this way."

"And what would you do when they brought our food tomorrow?"

The dark-haired deity laughed again as he sat up and pulled carefully out of her. Kagome moaned with his movement.

"Well, I guess I'd just have to eat my lunch off of you."

The priestess struggled as he stood up and swung his legs over the altar. He walked slowly to the other end of the low, stone bench and reached down to release her hands.

Kagome rubbed her wrists as she sat up.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

The priestess shook her head. "No, but my hands were starting to go numb." She shook her hands several times and rubbed her wrists again. "Not to mention, I couldn't use my hands."

"Okay, so next time I won't tie your hands," he grumbled. Inuyasha leaned down to gather her into his arms and lift her. "But, I kind of liked it. Having you helpless…"

"Inuyasha," she gasped as he carried her towards their room. "I think you've let Miroku influence you a little bit too much," she laughed.

The dark-haired deity pushed into their room and gently placed Kagome on the bed.

"My gown!"

"You won't need that tonight." He crawled over her and lay down on the soft mattress.

"Pervert," Kagome laughed.

"Sleep, Kagome." Inuyasha pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around her. "It's late and we're going to have a long day tomorrow."

Kagome snuggled against him. "It's good to be home," she murmured as she made herself comfortable.

Home. For the first time in his life, Inuyasha really had a home. He looked down at the woman in his arms. Kagome was his wife. He had spent most of his life alone, and had been sure that he would always be that way. And yet now, he was no longer alone. He would never be alone again.

Inuyasha lay awake for a while, listening to Kagome's breathing settle into its sleep pattern and thinking about all the things he had gained by coming to this foreign land. His own fatigue and the soothing sounds of the night eventually lulled him to sleep, too.