InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ Disappearing Act ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sesshomaru watched the miko fight Naraku's miasma. He was quickly shaking off the effects of Tokijin. His composure restored, he began to grow angry. The sword had attacked and defeated him. If not for Rin and the miko, he would have succumbed completely. He glanced around for the child and found that Ah-Un and Jaken had herded her and the kitsune pup closer to the interior of the barrier, and he saw why. The barrier was slowly shrinking.

His attention turned once more to the miko. She was trembling. Blood flowed from her nose, staining her strange shirt bright vermillion. Suddenly she fell to her knees. Blood began to leak from her eyes and her ears. He could hear her heart racing as she fought the magic that surrounded them. She was losing and they were going to die. Well, everyone but Sesshomaru, after all, he had Tenseiga. Tenseiga.

Draw the sword. He almost jumped. His eyes fastened on the miko and he watched as she mouthed the words spoken in his head. Draw the sword to save us all. Only the greater of the two fangs can save the Guardians of the West.

Sesshomaru drew Tenseiga. He wasn't sure how he knew but he placed the sword in the Earth in front of the miko. She was gasping softly, fighting for each breath. The others gathered around as she gripped the hilt of the sword. Sesshomaru knew what was coming. She would have to take her attention off the barrier to use the sword to transport them away. The barrier would fall and if she failed they would die. Silently he gathered Rin in his arms. The miko closed her eyes again. The barrier vanished. The blackness came pouring in to consume them, but before it could touch them, there was a great rushing sound. The world blurred then refocused. They were standing in the entryway of his palace.

Sesshomaru released Rin only to find her limp in his arms. The others were unconscious too. He picked up Tenseiga and sheathed the sword, wondering why he had not been rendered unconscious. He glanced around at the group then felt a frown touch his lips. They were missing one. The miko was no longer among them. He glanced down at the sword on his hip. Where could she have gone? Was this the swords doing or some higher power? Servants came rushing forward, worry clearly seen on their faces.

"Sesshomaru-sama, what has happened?"

"Take the others inside. See to their wounds." He looked down at Inuyasha's prone form. "Make sure my brother has his old room back, the one reserved for my heir."

He could see the shock in their faces, but like good servants they did not question, they merely obeyed. Sesshomaru retired to his library where he pulled out his largest maps. The miko had saved his life and Rin's as well. He could not simply abandon her, his duty dictated that he find her make sure she was safe. He opened a drawer and looked at the array of crystal pendants. Normally he had one made especially for each person he sought. The midnight blue crystal was himself, the gold one his father, the red one Inuyasha, and the rose colored crystal had been his mother. This crystal he lifted from its place among the others. Yes, this was the miko, purity and refinement amidst chaos and pollution. He wasn't sure if this would work, but he had to try. After all, no mere ningen bitch could defeat Naraku at his own game. Obviously there was more to her than there seemed.

How you like them apples?