InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tenseiga ❯ It's a Nice Thought ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagome sat bolt upright. Ratri threw himself back from her, unsure what was happening. She tossed the blanket aside and ran from the house. Sesshomaru was in trouble, she had to save him. She fell into the stream bed and stood, facing the mountains. She wasn't sure how she knew what she was doing, but she knew she had to weaken this monster, she had to fight this demon named…

"IRIMUL!!"

Sesshomaru heard her scream, even from hundreds of miles away he heard her. He drew Tenseiga and held the sword before him. Both Gods seemed worried by this. Simbuno obviously did not want Sesshomaru to kill his brother.

"This is the sword of my father's fang. A sword forged of my bloodline. This is Tenseiga, the sword that heals."

He raised his blade and leapt. Irimul had no where to run, the blade descended in an arch of golden light that filled the room. Simbuno gasped softly and shielded his eyes. When the light clears Irimul, the true Irimul lay revealed. He was not ghastly or rotting, but a boy, no older than five. Simbuno stepped forward a smile touching his lips.

"He and I are twins, opposites. Without the other the imbalance creates a shift in our personalities. He really is a good boy."

"And what are you?"

"Me? I'm a mean self-absorbed bastard. His power was too unused to the darkness that routinely flows through me, it consumed him."

"I see."

"Kagome needs you. Go to her."

"Was that you last kind act?"

"I would hardly call it kind."

Sesshomaru seemed to feel his heart constrict. He had used Tenseiga. Was she even in the village anymore? He turned and ran. Never in all his life had he run so far so fast. It was almost an hour before he arrived. She was there on her knees in the riverbed. Her hands gripped the Earth. She was trembling, her breath coming great rasping gulps. She looked up at him, a slow smile touching her lips.

"Good to see you again."

He knelt in front of her. "Are you…all right?"

"No, I don't think so." She gasped softly. "I used too much to push him out of here, to make him weak enough for you to heal. I fear I've over extended myself."

Gently he gathered her in his arms. "You need rest."

She sighed softly. "Rest…" She leaned her head against his chest. "Rest is good."

He laid her on her mat and covered her with the blanket. He didn't know what he could do for her. If he used Tenseiga she would vanish again. He felt himself tremble slightly with fatigue. He was hungry, but with her asleep…what would these people think? No he couldn't take advantage like that. It was wrong in the most sordid and horrible of ways. He sat back to await her awakening.

Kagome's eyes opened to be greeted by darkness. The dream still clung to her. She shook her head. It was wrong to think of Sesshomaru like that. Slowly she sat up. She was tired still, but feeling much better. She glanced around the room and spotted Sesshomaru leaning against a wall. He seemed to be asleep, but something was wrong. Sweat stood out on his forehead. Slowly she crawled over to him. Gently she touched his face. His eyes opened and she sensed something desperate in his look. Realization hit her and she gave him a warm smile. She opened her shirt and, cradling his head brought it to her breast. His arms came around her and he took her nipple in his mouth. Kagome gasped softly and he looked up at her.

"Am I hurting you?"

"No. I'm fine."

Gently he feed, forcing himself to pay careful attention to her reactions. She arched her back and clung to him. She was fighting to control her breathing, but he could tell that his mouth was doing to her. The scent of her arousal began to grow and with it, he felt his blood begin to rise. He was finished, but he did not let go of her. His mouth traveled to the well between her breasts. Gently he lapped at the sweat that had gathered there. His tongue slid up to her collar bone. He nibbled lightly before moving to her pulse point. Suddenly both of them seemed to come back to themselves. They threw themselves away. Kagome snatched her shirt closed, fighting to control her body. Sesshomaru stood and walked out into the night air. He took deep gulping breaths, trying to clear the scent of her arousal from his senses. A few minutes later, Kagome stepped out, now dressed in the clothes Ratri had left her. She looked down at her feet.

"Gomen."

He nodded slightly. "We will talk of this later, for now I must restore you to Inuyasha."

"Hai."

"Say your goodbyes, we leave tonight."

She nodded and he watched as she wandered away. Where before the people ran in fear, now they ran to greet her. She smiled and began her goodbyes. Sesshomaru watched her in silence. What had come over him? It was almost as though someone else had been in control, someone who found Kagome completely irresistible. Was a part of Onigumo still inside him? The thought made him shudder. He retreated to the edge of town to give her time.

What is wrong with me? Why am I like this?

You love her.

I…don't know.

Yeah well I think you do, at least I think.

You're a big help.

I'm your subconscious, not a God. Don't expect too much from me. But you must admit, she is lovely and delicious.

I don't think that is a very polite way of putting it.

There was no response and he didn't really need one. His core being throughout his ordeal had remained the same. If it was still uncorrupted and agreeing with him, then Onigumo or Naraku were truly gone. Kagome had healed him. He sighed softly and closed his eyes. He was tired, bone weary. At least he was not hungry anymore. A few minutes later he turned and walked back into the village. Kagome was trying to explain why she had to leave that night.

"We will remain, until dawn."

She grinned at him and inclined her head in thanks. He retreated once more to let her enjoy her time with these people. He watched her laugh and smile. She belonged among people like this. She deserved to be among people, and yet he found himself wishing every smile was for him, every laugh his own. He clenched his fists so hard his claws dug into his palms, drawing blood. This was bad. He wanted to possess her. He needed to be rid of her, to be free of her. He would leave her with Inuyasha and wash his hands of her. Once she was gone he would be free of these cravings.

No you won't.

I know, but it's a nice thought.