InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Binding Of Lonely Hearts ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, or any of the characters from Inu Yasha. Although, having Sesshomaru for a little while wouldn't harm me.

------------------------------

Quick Author's Note:

I AM VERY AWARE that the original plot and storyline of Inu Yasha has been greatly changed in this chapter, and in many chapters to come. I have made things this way purposely. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
------------------------------

Chapter 3

That….guy̷ 0;whatever he is…made a big mistake by crossing in my path! For his stupidity, he will pay! I will obliterate him the next time I see him!

Kagome's head reeled with these thoughts, and yet…did her heart really mean it? She actually didn't hate him, which was a first. Perhaps she wasn't overly crazed with him, but for once, she could tolerate his presence. The “incident” made her usually hate anyone who happened to cross her path.

Ever since her family had died a few years back in the car accident, she'd completely changed her outlook on life. It was after the accident that everything changed about her, and her friends went through the same transformation. It seemed that after Kagome's family's accident, more and more bad news befell the “group” of friends.

Besides, Kagome muttered to herself, the last thing I need on my hands is a horny bastard that will use me, and then throw me away like a rag. I've been put on this earth for a reason, and until I find it…I'm going to keep males on my “stay away from” list. I don't have time for them either; I need to fully learn my miko powers. Mom would have wanted me to…
 
As they walked, a companionable silence fell over them. Although Kagome didn't know who he was, her faithful companions did, well, sort of. Kagome never paid attention to what went on around her, she was cold that way. Sango and Rin on the other hand, paid a little more attention and knew more about their surroundings.

Sango had always been suspicious of boys, and hated them down to her very inner core. A man once known long ago as her boyfriend, had attempted to rape her, and that was what made her turn to the “dark side”, like Kagome and Rin.

Sango had gone through extensive physical training her whole life, Tai Kwan Do, Karate, the works, and it was her training that had saved her in the end. The stupid bastard was sitting in jail for the next five years, but Sango knew that when he would be released, she would take revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge. She longed for him to scream out in pain and in fear of her.

I'll show him for what he tried to do! He will fear me this time, I promise it!

Rin had never known her real parents, and lived in a shelter her whole life. One day she had escaped, and somehow ended up finding Kagome. They had hit it off right away, and she ended up moving in with Kagome, who was already housing Sango.

The three girls couldn't have been more perfect matches for friendships. All of them looking up to Kagome's family as their own, they couldn't have been happier with what faith had dealt them.

The death of Kagome's mother, brother, and grandfather had changed their lives. It shook them to the core, and left them standing alone and helpless in the world. The house smelt like salt water for even weeks after the funeral, due to their non-stop crying. If Kagome wasn't crying, someone else was.

It was Kagome that had finally stood up, and had intentions on smacking sense into their heads.
 
Flashback

“Guys, we can do this. If we work…we can pay the bills, buy food...It shouldn't be too hard. Something tells me she wouldn't want us to sell it, but I never would anyway, I love this place too much. There are too many memories here…”

Kagome's eyes teared, and threatened to spill over, but she shook her head to try and clear the sad thoughts.

“We have been given a burden; we have to live three more lives now, to make up for theirs! No giving up!”

The other two girls nodded their heads with conviction, and ever since then, they had been working where-ever they could work, for however much, to do anything to keep the shrine and themselves alive. It was a tough life, especially with schooling, but they knew they could do it.

End of flashback
 
Without realizing it, they were there, and Kagome looked up to see they had gotten to their destination. The girls walked in, and sat down at their favourite booth, which was at the back of the simple restaurant. They usually came here to get away from the memory-ridden shrine, to have some solace.

Sango and Rin looked at each other with small smiles carefully hidden from Kagome, and both said at the same time,

”We want to find out more about him!”
 
Kagome looked up at them, her face still an emotionless mask, and decided to interfere on their fun.
 
“You guys do as you please, just don't drag me into meeting that arrogant asshole. I couldn't give two shits about who he is.”
 
As an afterthought, she added,
 
“Just don't turn soft on me. I wouldn't be able to stand it if I saw you turn into those giggling and dumb girls that dress like sluts with their boobs popping out of their shirts. Wearing pink,” she added again, visibly shuddering saying the word as if it was poison.
 
Sango and Rin looked at each other, appalled that she would think they could fall down to their level.
 
“We would never do that to ourselves or to you Kagome! That's the absolute worst thing we could ever do…”

Kagome looked up from her dazed stare, and nodded her head slightly in acknowledgement.
 
Kagome's mind once again wandered to the mysterious demon in white.
 
I wonder if he meant to annoy me. I shouldn't let him get under my skin. I am emotionless, I am cold, I must not let him break me…
 
She chanted this mentally, in the form of a litany.
 
What the hell am I doing even thinking about him?! Oh god, I hope I don't see him again.

Kagome recalled his golden, determined eyes and almost, but only almost, smiled a real smile.
 
Maybe he is different from other demons…he seemed to be as emotionless as me, and didn't seem to mind how I look, which is a first. Perhaps we have stuff in common…something tells me I'll find out soon enough anyway.

She stopped mid thought, and made one thing very clear.

But,
if he keeps making me want to smile, it's best I stay away from him. He will not break me! It took me far too long to make my barrier for it to be thrown away like this!
Her insides began to gnaw at her, giving her a feeling that she would be seeing him again very, very soon, but for the moment she ignored it.

Sango and Rin saw the far away look in Kagome's eyes, and for some reason, she looked happy. It was odd, but something told them she was thinking about him. They smiled a knowing smile at each other telepathically, and looked back at her.

Changing her mental thoughts, Kagome looked at the girls and asked,

“What are we gonna eat?”

------------------------------
 
Thank you for reviewing ^_^