InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Gossip ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

~<>~ Chapter 11~<>~ Gossip

Kagome finished cleaning up the pots and pans from diner silently, deep in recollection of the day's events. She could not get her feelings in order over any of the matters that had partaken in her school. InuYasha. She could still feel the gentle yet firm kiss that he had bestowed upon her outside of school. `No guy would have ever of had the courage to do that…' she sighed as she placed the final pot in the cabinet. `I can't believe his audacity…but at the same time, I want him so bad…I want him in ways I've never wanted anyone…' she could feel the blush darkening on her cheeks as she gasped in shock. `Dear lord, what am I saying?' she turned on her heels and called out to her mother in a short rasp voice, "got homework." She flew up the steps and slammed open the door to her room. Hurtling across the cloths on her floor, she flung herself into her bed, burying her face in her pillow. "God, what has he done to me?" she inhaled sharply and flipped over onto her back. She stared at her white ceiling for a long time, her eyes wide and vacant. Her mind replayed the events from the past weekend…all events that pertained to InuYasha. `He really is a gold eyed god…I'm sure all gods are as stuck up as he is…' she let out a dreamy sigh as she recalled gazing into his eyes. `They really are liquid gold…so beautiful…. so deadly…. eyes like cyanide.' She closed her eyes as she felt her lips turning into a small grin. `I just wish that he wouldn't be so…. cruel. I could never date any man who could so outright disrespect a teacher…another student…a stranger even!' she recalled the interaction between Kenchi and InuYasha and the vulgar words that made even Kouga blush. `Well…he asked InuYasha what he thought of singing…I guess though he didn't have to be so…elaborate…on his feelings.'

A soft knock on her door jolted Kagome back to reality. She sat up slightly and gasped in shock. Sango and Rin both stood in her doorway, staring at the day dreaming girl curiously. Sango spoke first, "we were in the neighborhood…so we figured we would drop by…"

Rin finished her sentence, "your mom said that you were doing homework…." She tapped a finger to her chin playfully, "what kind of homework exactly is what I want to know." Both girls grinned as Kagome's face turned beet red.

"Well, Rin, I think that someone has a certain bad boy on the brain." Sango gave her a wide smile, and then entered into the room followed by Rin. They closed the door and jumped onto the bed next to Kagome. "So tell me," Sango started, "do you really like him that much?"

Kagome's face darkened in its shade as she dropped her head into her hands. She would have tried to avoid any knowledge of what they were talking about if she didn't look like a fire hydrant at the current moment. With a very deep sigh, Kagome nodded her head yes.

Rin laughed out loud, "Ha! I knew it…I knew there had to be something. Never, Kagome, never before have you ever let one guy say so much shit to you! Wow…of all the people…why that jackass?"

Kagome peeked at her friends through her fingers and muttered, "I don't know…"

Sango laughed and hugged her best friend, rocking her back and forth slowly. "Don't worry, Kagome, I'm sure it's only a crush. We have never, and I mean never, had anyone like that jerk in the school before and its something new. If I didn't know how much of a complete jackass he was, I would say that, sure, he was hot…but that's just a no fly zone."

Rin laughed and nodded in agreement. "I admit that he is hot but his brother his so much hotter."

Both girls slowly turned to stare at Rin, who was now lost in her own fantasy about Sesshoumaru. Kagome cocked an eyebrow at Sango who prodded Rin's shoulder. "Earth to Rin…are you speaking of your gold eyed god?"

Rin nodded absently and flopped backwards, hitting her head on the wall that was behind Kagome's bed. Laughter broke out in the room as Rin rubbed the bump on her head.

Sango grinned at Rin and continued, "Even without him here, your passing out at the thought of him. Now that," she said, directing Kagome's attention to Rin's star-struck attitude "is more then a crush."

Rin shook her head and returned her friends grin. "Guess what."

Both girls asked "what" at the same time, earning another laughing fit between them.

"My gold eyed god also goes to our school." She smiled as she wrapped her arms around her body. Thinking of her run in with Sesshoumaru gave her chills. "I ran into him in the hallway…literally."

Kagome's eyes widened as she thought back to lunch. She nodded slowly when she realized that there had been someone else there…someone new. "He's sitting with Kagura."

A silence suddenly swept over the girls as they stared at each other. They knew what that meant immediately, and none of them liked the outcome for Rin.

After the silence grew to an unwelcome tension, she quickly rebutted with, "So, doesn't mean he's an asshole also." Rin sat up on the bed and crossed her tan arms. Her sparkling gray eyes narrowed. "What are you trying to say?"

Kagome stole a glance at Sango, who seemed just as concerned. Kagome searched for the best words and settled on, "look…Rin…all I'm saying is that Kagura isn't the nicest of all people. She's moody, she's domineering, she's possessive and she's a bitch…"

Rin's face constricted to looking like someone who just sucked on a lemon. "What's your point?"

Sango finished Kagome's line of thought a little more bluntly, "if Sesshoumaru is a part of the elites, they probably already tainted his mind with their beliefs. He probably wants nothing to do with humans if it's true. Besides, it's Kagura…she probably already slept with him."

Rin tapped her French-manicured nails on the nightstand on her side of the bed and glared at her two friends. "I doubt he would sleep with someone like her…besides…" she glared to the floor recalling their conversation in the hallway, "he seemed to care about me…"

Both girls perked up to the last statement. "You never said you talked to him again!" Sango finished her though, "Tell us what happened!"

Rin giggled and lost all of her animosity towards the twos accusations in a heartbeat. She tucked her legs under her body and told them almost everything that had happened. She had to cut a lot of the information out…it was information that would lead to questions, and those were questions that she was not prepared to answer. "I just ran into him…and he caught me." a dreamy grin pulled at her lips as her eyes relished in the memory. "We spoke of the club and how he had used a fake ID to get the booze…" she felt a small pink taint her tan cheeks as she quickly added, "don't tell anyone I said that." she grinned as she recalled more of their encounter, "Then he introduced himself and kissed the back of my hand." she heard a gasp from the girls but she didn't respond. She held her hand out in front of her and stared at it in amazement. Giggling in a very girlish manor, she shrugged, "his name is Sesshoumaru…what a name, right?"

Sango nodded and wrapped her arms around Rin. "I do believe our young Rin is in love!"

Rin laughed and hugged Sango back. "I wouldn't go as far as to say love…but I really like him. He just seems so…different…. so…not…Kouga."

Kagome's gasped when she heard the name, as she had forgotten all about the incidents with the boy earlier on. She quickly updated her friends about her discoveries and Kouga's strange behavior. "It was as if he…I don't know…like he expected me to jump on him or something….I just didn't get a good vibe standing so close with him here. It just felt so wrong!"

Sango nodded in agreement, "well, he's not exactly the greatest of all people. Think about it, Kagome…"She stole a glance at Rin who had become all to quiet all to fast. "He nearly forced Rin to…" she frowned and shook her head, "Kouga is no good. We all know that, I don't know why you would even give him the time of day."

Kagome shuddered and met Sango's frown with one of her own. "It was like I was seeing two sides of him. First the jackass who tried to get my brother drunk…then some romantic guy who was trying to get me to fall in love with him." she wrappers her arms around her knees and pulled them into her chest. "It was really kind of creepy."

Rin cleared her throat and added meekly, "stay away from Kouga…he's dangerous."

Sango and Kagome exchanged looks at both reached for the young girl. "Rin…." Kagome began, "how is he dangerous?"

Rin swallowed hard and stared at Kagome, not really meeting her eyes. "He just is, I can't explain it better Kagome. But when he sets his mind to something, he can't be stopped before he gets it."

Both girls let out a short gasp and Sango grabbed her friend's shoulder. "Rin, are trying to say that he actually got you to…"

Rin shook her head no quickly, "no…I'm not. I'm just saying to be careful…please." She stood up and walked over to the window and glared out into the moonlit night sky.

Kagome and Sango stared at each other for a moment before sighing. Sango changed the subject quickly. "So, Kags, tell me…. this sketchy InuYasha character…you gonna bang him?"

Kagome let out a playful scream of frustration and grabbed her pillow. "No, but I'll bang something…" she whacked her friend with the pillow and squealed in laughter as they began to hit each other with the feather filled cotton playfully. They hit each other a few times then resorted to attacking Rin, who was jolted for her depressive state to join in the fun. After a few moments, the girls slid to the floor laughing. Kagome laid back onto the carpeted floor. "Sango…"she began slowly, panic starting to fill her voice. It hit her like a load of bricks…the realization of the fact. "We have a date tomorrow night."

Sango gasped in shock and Rin cautiously asked, "What date?"

Sango grinned and answered for her friend, "InuYasha told Kagome he was going to pick her and me up tomorrow night and take us out."

Rin laughed, "both of you for him? Wow, this guy has some gull…"

Sango's laughter died out as she quickly added, "No, he's brining…uh…."

Kagome took it as her time to chime in. "InuYasha is bringing Miroku with him."

Rin gasped and pointed at Sango, "Miroku as in your infamous crush Miroku?"
Sango's face darkened as she sat up and glared daggers at her friend. "He is not my infamous crush…he's Miroku, school letch! I have no feelings for that boy! None, do you hear me?" by time she was done with her testimony, she was screaming.

Kagome and Rin stared from Sango to each other then back again, before breaking into fits of laughter. Between sobs, Kagome called out, "come on Sango…I never knew you had such feelings for the lecher!"

It was Sango's turn to blush profusely as she stared at the two in front of her. Trying to keep control of her body's flustering; she clenched her jawbone in place. "I don't, thank you very much." Suddenly an emotion that seemed like…anger…flickered its way into her eyes. "And if that letch thinks for one moment that I am just going to be an easy target for his actions, he has another thing coming."

Kagome grinned and let the subject go, understanding her friends underlying statements. `She wants him just as much as I want InuYasha,' she thought to herself.

Rin laughed at the two and then scrunched up her face. "Hey, guys…just how did InuYasha convince you that he was gonna take you out?"

Kagome's face darkened though her eyes stared on in recollection of the events. Unable to call out, Sango answered the question. "Basically, he pinned her to the building, introduced himself…cause someone didn't know his name…then kissed her." Sango gave Kagome a `your welcome for divulging more secrets' smile then quickly added, "and then said he was picking us up at 6."

Rin's eyes were huge as she stared at her friend. "He kissed you?"

Kagome began to wonder if it were possible for her to drop dead of embarrassment but decided against it at the current moment and just let her face grow into an undiscovered shade of red. She had somewhere along the line lost her voice and merely nodded in acceptance of the fact. `Not like it was the first time that his mouth came in contact with me…' she thought sadistically. Stifling a laugh, she sighed instead. "Don't know why…. he just…did."

Rin's grin widened as she quickly followed up her question with, "was it good?"

Kagome turned to look at her friends and they found the answer in her eyes. They were glazed over in an almost…lustful…manor. "Hai. Very good…" she placed her hand to her cheeks and let out a long sigh. "His touch was so gentle yet so demanding…so passionate and so wild. It was amazing…he's…" she grinned and looked to the floor.

Rin laughed and playfully pulled at the collar of her shirt. "Someone open a window, it's getting hot in here." She laughed as Kagome punched her in the arm gently. "Well…as long as he didn't hurt you, I'm okay with it." all playfulness fell from Rin's face, as her tone became serious, "I'm serious Kagome, if he even lays a hand on you out of place, you tell me. I'll handle him…I don't ever want to see you in the bathroom like how you were when I found you, got it?"

Kagome stared at her friend awestruck. `Its amazing how strong this young girl can be,' she found herself realizing. Nodding Kagome silently agreed to her friend's demands. Yet something struck her that she hadn't noticed before as the day unfolded again in front of her eyes. Rin had been crying…Kagome met Rin's glare and asked some questions of her own. "Rin…why were you crying in the bathroom as well?"

Rin froze. `Shit, what do I say?' trying her best to control her emotions, Rin shrugged her shoulders. "When I saw you crying, I couldn't help it." her eyes began to tear but this time for the fact that she had to lie to her friends…that was almost as bad as what she was covering up. `Just tell them,' a voice called from somewhere deep within her mind. `If you do then they can find you help…get you away from him.' she shook her head against her better judgment, `no way can I tell them…he'd go after them to keep them quiet. I will not be the downfall of their childhood.'

Kagome's eyes narrowed as she watched her friend struggle with her inner demons. "Are you sure you're okay Rin?"

Rin gently swiped a piece of her black hair away from her eyes and gave them a fake smile. "I was just upset that someone could do that to you, Kags. Your stronger then that…and it hurt to see my friend that upset." She stole a glance at the clock and forced a yawn. "Look, I'm really tired so why don't Sango and I get going and we'll see you tomorrow." She threw a glance towards her friend, "is that okay?"

Sango nodded in confusion and shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever…" she turned back and hugged Kagome. "I don't think it's a good idea for us to go out with the losers, honestly. We'll see what happens tomorrow but I just don't think that InuYasha is good for you Kagome."

Kagome laughed and returned her friends affection. "I understand Sango, and honestly I have no interest in him. So yeah, I'll get it through his mind that we're not going tomorrow."

Sango laughed and walked out her bedroom door, calling goodbye to Kagome's mother and brother. Rin hugged her friend then followed behind Sango quickly, glad to be free of any questions that might have ensued.

When she heard the door slam downstairs, Kagome fell backwards onto the cold floor and tried to fight back her emotions of the troublesome boy who she was sure was going to haunt her dreams for a long while still ahead.

~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*