InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ One for the team ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

~<>~CHAPTER 12 ~<>~

InuYasha felt searing pain radiating off the back of his head as he blinked his eyes open. `What the fuck happened?' InuYasha tried to lift his head from the cold basement floor as he looked around the room. Feeling shooting pains in his back, he realized he was propped up against the wet bar. Winching in pain, he reached behind him and yelped loudly. Throwing himself to his knees, he moved a few feet away from the bar and looked at the floor behind him. Glass covered the floor…and with a moment of deep thought, he remembered what happened. Rolling his eyes and growling deeply, he shouted out, "Sesshoumaru, you bastard, I'm gonna kill you!"

"You should get ready, InuYasha," an emotionless voice called from the stairs on the opposite side of the room. InuYasha didn't need to see the bastards face to know he was grinning callously at the boy. "…Your bus will be here in five minutes."

With an aggravated howl, InuYasha pulled himself up off the floor. "What, have you been watching me sleep or something?" he sneered and shook his head, trying to rid himself of the blinding pain. "What the fuck did you hit me for?"

Sesshoumaru sighed in annoyance and turned to go upstairs. "No, baka, I have not been watching you in your unconscious state. I hit you, needless to remind you, because you're a baka!" he walked upstairs and InuYasha heard the front door close.

Cursing, InuYasha ran to the bathroom and literally jumped into the shower. Peeling off his cloths as the water turned on, InuYasha quickly washed himself as thoroughly as he could with his limited time. Jumping out of the shower, he ran into the guest room with a red towel clamped to his waist and groaned in frustration. He tossed out an entire draw full of cloths before settling on a pair of cargo Khakis. Staring at the other choice of cloths before him, he grew very angry. All that was left was a black button down dress shirt; one that he was sure had to be Sesshoumaru's. Pissed off, InuYasha threw it on over his tan muscular chest and buttoned most of the buttons, leaving the top one open. He grabbed a black bandana to throw over his ears and paused looking in the mirror. `Wow…. I don't think I've dressed this civilized since…' he sighed and dropped the bandana. A smile began to crawl its way upon his lips as in his eyes flashed an evil glint. `No…this isn't enough…if I want to play her game…it won't be like this." he turned and ran up the steps passing the front door. He watched in frustration as the yellow hell bus passed by the window outside and continued down the road without stopping. With a deep curse, InuYasha paused in mid step and stared outside. With a louder sigh, he rolled his eyes and called out, "Wench, are you still home?" Silence greeted his call as he sighed once more. Venturing up the steps, InuYasha reached his bedroom. Walking through the door, he nearly yelled in shock as his eyes fell upon the black haired boy who was standing in front of his mirror. The boy turned, almost as startled as the hanyou.

A smile flickered onto the boy's lips as he stared at InuYasha. "Yash…" his eyes traveled to the boy's head. "Wow…so that's why you wear a bandana?"

InuYasha fought back the urge to rip the kids throat out as he quickly gabbed a brown box on his dresser. "Shut the fuck up, Miroku." He reached inside of the oak wood box and pulled out a beautiful rosary. Ruby red beads sporadically mixed with pearly white fangs made up the sacred necklace…. a necklace that he hardly ever wore. If represented everything that InuYasha loathed; conformity, denial of ones true self…it went against everything he believed in. Staring at the necklace for a long moment, he balled his fist around it.

Miroku watched the boy with some mild interest in the object he was holding. "Interesting…a rosary?" Miroku tapped his chin for a moment with his index finger, "tell me…is it also a concealment charm?"

InuYasha glared at the boy then back at the beads. "What you've seen already and what you're about to see stays between us, got it punk?"

Miroku nodded in agreement, "of course InuYasha. Of course…"

InuYasha glared at the boy for a long moment then nodded in silent agreement. He slipped the beads over his neck and immediately the ears disappeared from the boy's head. His claws retracted and his fangs were gone in an instant. With a moment, he sighed and shook his head, drying his hair. "Better."

Miroku covered his face from the flying water and frowned. "Though looking human, you can't escape your dog traits." Watching the angry glare freeze him in his place, Miroku quickly added, "not that it's a bad thing…"

InuYasha scoffed and grabbed his Oakley shades and slipped them over his eyes. Grabbing a brush, he ran it through his hair and grabbed his leather duster that was on his bedpost. "Well, lets get gone. Asses to kick and bitches to pester."

Miroku stared at InuYasha in near shock. "Did Sesshoumaru knock something loose in your head when he hit you or something? Granted, I've know you for all of like one day but I never thought of you as one who cared about your appearance…"

InuYasha scoffed and grabbed his black book bag. "Apparently you've never successfully made a girl desire you." with en evil smile, InuYasha called over his shoulder to the boy, "the only way to arouse a girl like Kagome is to play her game." With a wink, InuYasha walked down the hallway of his house, "and that's one game I won't loose."

Miroku sighed and rolled his eyes, `this is gonna be interesting.' Granted, when InuYasha had walked into the room, Miroku thought he was a younger Sesshoumaru. `It is really creepy,' he thought as he walked after the hanyou, `he can be worlds apart from his brother yet in the same sense be so similar at the same moment. Though they are completely different people…they aren't.' Shaking his head, he finished catching up to the boy. A sudden realization crossed his mind, "Hey InuYasha, why did Kagura pick up your brother?"

InuYasha stared at Miroku for a moment then got into his Ferrari. "Hell if I know…now who exactly is Kagura?"

Miroku smacked his face and sighed. "She was the leader of the Elites, but if rumor gives way to truth then she was kicked off the thrown yesterday by a new comer."

InuYasha opened the door to the Ferrari and shrugged. "Fuck if I care…if she can keep that ass out of my hair then all the power to her." With a sigh, InuYasha plopped down onto the leather seat. "Look, my brother has a way that he works…its kind of like clockwork…it always happens the same way. He finds something he wants…he finds a way to get it…or he takes it. That's Sesshoumaru…. bastard."

Miroku chuckled as he dropped into his own seat behind the steering wheel. "well…if he is now the leader of the Elites, its gonna be interesting."

InuYasha raised an eyebrow to the boy but remained quiet expecting an explanation. When he was greeted by silence, he cleared his throat and stared at the boy next to him.

"Oh…I just mean, Sesshoumaru would be leader of the Elites, Kagome leader of the Perfects, Naraku leader of the Right Hand and well…we're leaderless." With a shrug, Miroku turned on the car and started down the winding roads. "It's just been forever since all the groups clashed heads with leaders who have had a past with each other."

InuYasha held out a hand, palm facing the driver. "What `past' does Kagome have with Naraku?"

Miroku couldn't help but laugh at the jealous undertone of Inuyasha's words. "None…I'm just saying that everyone doesn't exactly get along."

InuYasha nodded and pulled a cigarette from his pocket. Pulling out his lighter, he lit the flame. A very resolute cough that almost sounded like a growl bellowed from the back of Miroku's throat. InuYasha glared at the boy for a long moment before closing the metal lid on the orange flame and deposited it in his pocket with a very loud, "Keh!". He stuck the Cigarette behind his ear and leaned back in his seat, planning the arrival at school. `She's going down…' he thought with a smile as Kagome's face passed through his mind, `by the end of the day I'll have her begging.' He smiled in anticipation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

By time the boys arrived at school, first period had just begun. The boys swaggered their way into their first period English class, the same class that not more then a day before Miroku would have feared arriving late to. The teacher, Mr. Hirosheri, was standing in the front of the class lecturing about the problem of tardiness when Miroku slammed open the door. The boy, who a day ago had been nearly invisible, strode into the class and paused at the door. "Mr. Hirosheri…" the teacher turned slowly, as if not hearing the door slam against the cement wall yet heard the call of his name, "sorry for my tardiness," Miroku's eyes locked onto the glare that he was getting from his three favorite ladies who sat in the corner nearest to the teacher's desk and he had to fight back the laugh that was building within his chest. Kagome had a look of sheer panic on her face…as if fearing that InuYasha was behind him…and of course her fear was accurately portrayed. Miroku walked a few steps in and took his seat behind Sango, who sat in the front row on the right of Kagome. The teacher frowned at the boy but bit his tongue. He opened his mouth to continue his lecture when a very loud cough was heard from the doorway. Heads turned and jaws dropped…mostly from the girls in the class.

Kagome, who had been trying to busy herself with talking to Sango next to her, was rudely interrupted when Miroku walked in between the conversing pair. Kagome rolled her eyes and leaned back to talk to Rin who was sitting on her left. Looking over her shoulder at the girl, Kagome leaned half way behind her desk to chat with her friend. "Great…why do we have to go to the school where all juniors have the same classes?" Rin giggled and rolled her eyes as well. Kagome continued to bitch after glancing at Miroku. "At least he didn't bring the asshole with him. Maybe he finally gave up…" Kagome heard the cough and froze in mid sentence. She then heard the gasps from the other females of the class. With a grimace, Kagome looked over her left shoulder, while the rest of her torso was leaning halfway over the isle and her right hand putting half of her weight on Rin's desk. What she saw standing in the doorway was something she was ill prepared for. The man that she longed for…the boy that she hated…stood leaning on the wooden doorframe baring a smile that could turn a girls legs to jelly. The effect ran rapid around the classroom as all the girls simultaneously fell in love with the same guy. Kagome glared at the boy in awe. He leaned against the frame; his book bag on the floor next to his feet and the duster that he had worn was hooked on an index finger and laid lightly against his back. He looked as if he had just stepped out of an Abercrombie catalogue. Inuyasha's golden eyes locked onto Kagome's and he gave her a slight wink. Kagome, who had completely forgot what she was doing at present time, suddenly lost all the feeling in her body as she stared at this boy. The moment she regained it was a moment to late. Her right arm collapsed on Rin's desk, sending the teen plummeting face first into the cement floor. With a deafening crack, Kagome landed on the floor. She closed her eyes, begging to wake up from a nightmare, but had no such luck. `I just fell out of my seat…' she thought without looking up. Fear and embarrassment had managed to paralyze her. She felt all the eyes in the class turn and fall onto her form, and then she heard the slightest hint of laughter. `Oh no…here it comes.' She forced back tears as she heard the entire class erupt in laughter at her expense. With a growl, she pulled herself to her knees and turned to be face to face with the boy who had caused these actions.

InuYasha did his absolute best to stifle all traces of laughter as he squatted down next to the fallen girl. He gazed into her brown eyes and widened his smirk. Kagome's face was now such a rare shade of red, she could have been mistaken for a tomato. "You okay there, Princess?" he grinned as the girl stared into his eyes in a mix of emotions that he knew all to well.

Kagome glared into the boy's eyes with as much anger as she could muster. "Don't call me princess, asshole."

InuYasha grinned, `here we go again.' he forced a frown on his amused face and scoffed out, "Don't call me asshole, princess."

She cried out in anger and quickly reached out and shoved the boy's shoulders. Unprepared for her action, InuYasha fell backwards onto his butt and Kagome stood up. With a loud "humph," she sat down in her chair, avoiding all eye contact with everyone in the class. `Next plan of action; drop off the face of the earth.' She thought sadly to herself.
InuYasha was on his feet in a second and gave Kagome a fleeting smile. "Just as long as your okay, princess." Propping his hands on Kagome's desk, he leaned closer to the girl. Shifting his weight to one hand, he slowly drew two fingers over her red cheeks, "that's a good color for you, Kags." He gave her a wide grin and winked again at her, his voice becoming overly arrogant. "What do you call it?"

Her face twisted in anger as she shouted, "Shove it out you…"

Mr. Hirosheri paused from his lecture, once again, and glared at pair that was about to go into uncharted classroom territory. "Your name, son?" his voice seemed to shatter their feud.

InuYasha smiled as he threw the teacher a grin and took the seat behind Kagome and on the left of Miroku. "Tashio, InuYasha."

The teacher nodded and his gaze traveled between Miroku, Kagome and InuYasha. "Well, InuYasha, I do not accept people walking into this classroom late. Be on time next time or do not come at all. I do not play these childish games. If you wish to excel in the real world, you need to do something to prove it. Lean your responsibilities."

InuYasha stared at the man for a moment before shrugging. He wasn't going to argue with the teacher, as he normally would have. Plenty of other thoughts were running through his mind as to what else he could do in the mean time, and none of them were favorable for Kagome. He could smell Kagome's tension level boil over as he grinned into her back.

"Well then class, lets return to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Last time we left off at…" the teacher whipped out his book and put it on the wooden stand. He began a very slow and very boring lecture about the words of the play and the many meanings behind them.

InuYasha had listened up until the word `class', and then resumed staring at Kagome. Glancing to his side, he found Miroku lying head first on his book, his eyes tightly shut. InuYasha grinned and reached over to the boy who sat on his right. `If I can't sleep, that fucker sure as hell can't either.' His grin widened into a malicious smirk as he heard the slightest snore come from the boy's open mouth. He slammed his hand down on the desk and Miroku nearly jumped through the roof. "Asshole!" Miroku coughed out as he glared in daggers at the snickering boy.

The teacher turned and glared at the two in anger. InuYasha gave him a bemused look and justified his actions. "Sorry sensei…a bug it was…crawling its way up his book. Couldn't let that happen…."

The teacher held out a hand and rolled his eyes. "That's the second time today Mr. Tashio, that you have interrupted my class. Please don't let it happen again."

InuYasha raised both of his eyes brows and gave the teacher a very hurt look. "I was nearly trying to save him from the acidic venom of the tiny creature…"

The teacher shifted back on his feet and gave InuYasha a grin that he was sure he was not going to like. "Well, Mr. Tashio, as respectable as that is…I think you just volunteered yourself to come to the front of the room."

InuYasha glared at Miroku, who simply smiled, and stood from his desk. He could feel the eyes of all the girls in the class following him and couldn't help the smile that slid to his lips. Standing in front of Sensei Hirosheri, InuYasha crossed his arms and shrugged, "now what?"

The teacher handed the befuddled boy a copy of the textbook and glared at Kagome. "Since you are already red, my dear, I think you will accompany the boy in reading from Scene 2. Kagome…please come and join me in the front of the class."

Kagome's face dropped as she looked as if she was going to cry. Standing slowly, she stared over at Rin and Sango. Both girls smiled at her deviously and Sango even gave her a nod of encouragement. Kagome rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her friends. She slowly approached the grinning teacher and then stole a glance at the boy next to her. He looked nearly as distressed as she felt.

The teacher took a seat in Kagome's unmanned desk and nodded. "Go ahead…pick up from where we left off yesterday at the balcony scene after Juliet telling Romeo that he must go."

Kagome glanced at the book in her shaking hands then towards InuYasha. The boy seemed nearly as lost as her, but held his calm a lot better. Neither spoke yet glared at each other.

The teacher groaned and called out slowly, "'Good night, good night! As sweet repose and rest! Come to thy heart as that within my breast!' now you pick up, Romeo." With a grin, he once again beckoned for the boy to begin.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, InuYasha groaned and rolled his eyes. `Great, now I have to do Shakespeare, can this day get any worse?' With a sigh, he looked Kagome in the eye and smiled. `At least I can taunt her more.' Gathering his most arrogant yet suave tone he could muster, he called to Kagome, "O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?" he winked once at her.

Kagome sneered and quickly responded, wishing to end the torment, "What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?" she leaned to one side and opened her eyes a little wider at him and licked her lips. `Maybe this won't be so bad,' she thought as she felt a smile tug to her lips. `That should be enough of a gesture for even a thick headed moron like this one to realize I am not going out with him…not tonight, not ever!'

InuYasha scowled at the dejection of the line that was insinuated and narrowed his eyes. Though he glowered at the girl, he still managed to lift a single eyebrow at indecent proposal. "The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine." He didn't need to look at the text, he admitted to himself silently. `I already know it all.' He remembered back to the school that he had attended for six months before transferring here…he had been forced to learn the entire play verbatim. It wasn't a fact he was proud of…and it was worse being that his brother knew every word that Shakespeare wrote and had drilled him on it for six long months.

Kagome sighed and spewed out, "I gave thee mine before thou didst request it And yet I would it were to give again."

InuYasha grinned and shut the book, earning a few silent wows from the crowd. He crossed his arms and growled at the girl, "Wouldst thou withdraw it? For what purpose, princess?"

The teacher called out swiftly to the boy, "speak the words of the text, Mr. Tashio!"

Kagome sneered at the boy and suddenly became very angry. `Why does he have to taunt me constantly?' "But to be frank, and give it thee again. And yet I wish but for the thing I have: My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." She felt blush assault her cheeks as she finished her sentence and looked to the floor. She chewed the side of her cheek for a moment and muttered out, "I hear some noise within; dear love, adieu! Anon, good nurse! Sweet Montague, be true. Stay but a little, I will come again." She quickly shut her book and glared at the boy who stared into her eyes. `go ahead and finish without your lines, ass!' she thought angrily. She tapped her foot waiting to see how good the boy really was.

InuYasha suddenly reached out and grabbed Kagome's right hand. Staring deep into her brown eyes, he directly his words at the stunned girl. "O blessed, blessed night! I am afeard. Being in night, all this is but a dream, too flattering-sweet to be substantial." Bringing up her palm, he gently laid his lips to her soft skin. She gasped and recoiled so quickly.

Before he could react, she snaked out and once more smacked him. "Pig!"

"That's enough!" the teacher stood quickly and got between the fuming children. "Thank you…you may both return to your chairs." The two made no move to break their heated stare and the teacher slammed his addition of the Norton Anthologies on the wooden podium. "Now!"

The two shook their heads and glared at the teacher before returning to their desk. InuYasha, who sat down behind the girl, leaned forward until his lips were almost touching the back of her exposed neck. He gently breathed on her neck and grinned as he watched her shiver and turn around sharply, nearly knocking her head into his own. She opened her mouth to protest when he leaned a little closer and planted his lips on her own. As quickly as he moved, he pulled back and smirked at the girl. Whispering, he needed to prod an inch forward, just to get under her skin a little deeper. "Don't worry Princess, we'll exchange a hell of a lot more then vows tonight, I like to think more like groans." He pulled back to his seat before the teacher could comment.

Kagome stared at the boy for the longest of time ignoring the teacher's demands to turn around. She suddenly became aware of everyone's gaze directed towards her and if just hearing Sensei Hirosheri's demands for the first time. She turned around and stared into her book, not daring to waver her gaze. Tears brimmed in her eyes and she tried to hard to keep them under control. `That asshole, he really has no shame…'. The remaining twenty-four minutes seemed to crawl by as the girl never looked up from her book until the bell rang.

~*~*~*~*~~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome sat on the bench watching Sango and Rin kick some sophomore's ass in a game of field hockey in frustration. She was up to play for the next victim who Sango savagely took out with the dangerous club that she wielded a little to well. `All I want to do is get out there and take my anger out on something.' She clenched her fist in anger as she felt his eyes on her. `That jackass is not ever going to leave me alone! I now have another two years to look forward to of this bullshit! I can't believe him…his audacity hurts to think about. What the hell is wrong with him? Who does he think he is?'

"Kagome?"

The deep masculine voice calling her name was another person she didn't feel like dealing with at the present time. She absolutely didn't want to turn around to face the football field to perchance see the asshole but now if she didn't, it would be rude. Turning slowly, she glared up at the blue-eyed boy who stood in front of her. "Kouga?"

Kouga gave her a small smile and sat down next to her. "You seem out of sorts, are you okay?"

Kagome smothered her urge to smack the boy upside of his head for his stupidity. Instead, she gave him an intensely fake smile and chocked out, "I'll be fine Kouga, thank you for worrying."

Kouga frowned and narrowed his eyes. "Honestly Kagome, I'm not stupid. What dog shit did to you in English is uncalled for and If you want me to, I'll put him face first into the earth. All you have to do is say the word."

Kagome smiled despite her brooding. "Thank you Kouga but I'll handle InuYasha."

Kouga flashy smile fell to a deep frown as he gently rubbed the back of his head with his right hand. "Kagome…my offer still stands, you know. If you aren't doing anything tonight…or is Sango cancels the thing your doing…I'm still here."

Kagome sighed mentally and forced another smile to her face. `This kid is almost as dense as Hojo!' she reached out and gently patted the wolf's arm. "That's really great, Kouga. I'll see what time me and Sango finish our project tonight."

Kouga's frown deepened as he growled lowly. "Kagome…its just one night…even if only for pizza…"

A football ended the two's conversation as it sailed into the wolf's back, sending him sprawling forward onto the ground. The ball bounced once and landed a few inches in front of his body. Kagome gasped and slowly reached out to see if Kouga was okay when she froze. Turning slowly as realization dawned on her, she found InuYasha glaring at the two from well over two hundred feet away scowling. She narrowed her eyes as she got up from her bench. She picked up the ball and told Kouga she was sorry and stormed off the meet up with the demon half way across the field. Mr. Floydd, the gym teacher, was on an interception course as well…only Kagome would reach the boy faster.

Walking up to him, she threw the ball with all of her might at his chest. He caught it with little problem, though he had to admit that his chest did hurt from the impact. "What the hell are you thinking?"

InuYasha grinned and tossed the ball into the air, then caught it. He spoke without looking at Kagome. "It slipped. My bad."

Kagome narrowed her eyes as she seethed out, "the hell it did. Look, asshole, leave me alone, got it? I do not want anything to do with you. I don't know what diluted fantasy you just stepped out of but I would never date a slime ball like you. I don't know if your antics worked on the sluts at your other school but welcome to my school…I don't take that shit, so don't try to dish it."

InuYasha narrowed his eyes and moved a step closer to the girl. "Why would I leave you alone, Kagome? You say that you despise me but every wave your body radiates tell me different." His tone grew to being close to dangerous. "Princess, what I think is driving you crazy are the dirty little urges that you thought your pure mind would never dream of. I think the fact that you want me is driving you insane!" he dropped the football onto the ground and stepped closer, placing his hands on the girls shaking hips. "I think you want me so bad it hurts," he added with an edge to his voice.

Mr. Floydd pushed his way quickly between the two teens and gruffly commented, "Break it up, you two, now. I don't want to be in the middle of your tidings." He glared at Kagome and quickly added, "Why don't you go finish your game of field hockey, Sango just took out Eri." Kagome stared at InuYasha and simply nodded to Floydd's words. "Oh, by the way Kagome, please check to make sure Kouga is okay…he hasn't moved." Kagome glared at the teacher then stormed off towards the other girls. Mr. Floydd then turned his attention towards InuYasha. "Well man, we have an issue. You technically just attacked another student. You nearly hit Sango and Kagome yesterday during gym and now you just nearly knocked Kouga unconscious. That's a pretty nasty length of suspension there." InuYasha groaned but didn't respond. The teacher smiled suddenly, "but what gets me is that in these past two days, you've thrown a football with precise aim a truly remarkable distance. So here is what I can tell anyone who questions your actions; either you assaulted three students with a leather ball or you were practicing your aim." His grin widened, "what do you say buddy?"

InuYasha growled at the teacher as he listened half-heartedly to the words. He was to busy watching Kagome help Kouga stand. He watched the dirty wolf put a hand around Kagome's waist thanking her…how dare that filthy mongrel put his paws on Kagome. Hearing the last part of the sentence, Inuyasha's head turned quickly to stare at the teacher. "What?"

Mr. Floydd grinned madly and explained the deposition. "Well…my quarterback just blew out his good throwing arm last week and being that I don't have any other strong throwers, I'm SOL. But now that's going to change because you're going to play on the team."

InuYasha gawked at the gym teacher and crossed his arms resolutely. He screamed out, "there is no fuckin way I'm joining the football team, not a damn chance!" he added spitefully, "Hell would have to freeze over first!"

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

InuYasha stormed into third period behind Sango and Kagome. He had kept quiet so far but he was blistering with rage and it needed a target. Kagome sat down at the back lab table and waited for Sango to take her seat. Pushing Sango out of the way, InuYasha dropped into the chair next to Kagome and stared at her through red tinted sunglasses. "I have a bone to pick with you!"

Sango huffed and grabbed the back of the hanyou's hair. Yanking hard, she nearly pulled him backwards out of the chair. "Get up, asshole!" InuYasha turned with a deep rage filled growl, ready to tear the intruder limb from limb.

Miroku, who had followed InuYasha into the classroom, quickly grabbed Sango's arm and pulled her out of the hanyou's grasp. She turned to yell at the boy but paused. He gently hushed her and led her to another lab table, speaking softly, "its best to let them work it out Sango."

Sango narrowed her eyes and spat back, "last time you said that I got sucked into going on a date with the three of you weirdo's! Tell me, why should I keep my mouth shut this time?"

Miroku frowned and dropped into the chair. "Because it does not concern you."

Sango dropped to her chair as well and glared at the boy. "How the hell do you figure that one, Houshi?" she didn't know why she called him that, but it flew from her mouth as if it was a normal befitting title. He seemed nearly as confused but let it slide. "She's like my sister, and I will not let some trifling asshole yell at her!"

Miroku sighed and placed a hand on Sango's shoulder. "Let it go, Sango, they will be fine."

Sango sighed as the teacher walked in the door, realizing she was stuck at a table with Miroku.

Meanwhile, InuYasha had trapped Kagome in her chair with a pinning glare. "This is your fault!" he yelled, "if you hadn't of talked to that mangy wolf, I wouldn't have had to hit him, Floydd wouldn't have seen my arm, and I wouldn't be starting on Friday with the fuckin football team!"

Kagome gulped in the realization that she was indeed stuck with the hanyou. `Will this torment ever end?' she returned his glare and shouted back as furiously, "First and foremost, I will talk to whomever I please to, thank you very much. Second, do you think that's what I wanted, baka? Do you think I want to spend a second longer with you then I have to?"

InuYasha glared into the girl's eyes as he curtly answered, "yes."

Kagome laughed in his face. It was a very callous spiteful laugh. "Maybe you need to get your head examined then!"

InuYasha fought so hard to nullify the urge to backhand the wench sitting in front of him. `I haven't been this mad at a female in a damned long time,' he thought angrily. Leaning in towards Kagome, he retorted, "maybe you should shut the fuck up."

Kagome scoffed and moved to stand up. "I'm not spending more time with you, baka! I'm gonna sit with…"

InuYasha grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down towards her seat. Unfortunately, she missed her chair completely and landed in his lap. With a sly grin, Inuyasha's anger seeped away from his body. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "Now who wants who?"

Kagome gasped and tried to pull herself out of the compromising position. "You're the one who pulled me into your lap, or did you forget?"

InuYasha grinned and nipped at the lobe of her ear, slowly dragging his tongue around the outside skin. He heard her gasp and could smell her instant arousal and he resided in the silent knowledge. He gently ran two of his fingers up and down the length of her arm as he gently nipped at her ear. He could tell she was frozen in panic and probably embarrassment…but also in desire. "Is this what you want, princess?" he asked softly as he continued to play with her ear with his tongue.

Kagome gasped as he ran his tongue from her ear to her neck, tracing small circles on her skin. She felt frozen to his lap, paralyzed by so many different emotions that they threatened to tear her apart. Forcing herself from her cationic state, she managed to break free of his embrace and threw herself quickly into the chair across from him, her face a very ghostly white. `Oh. My. God.' She closed her eyes and begged for the lust that burned within her veins to go away. `I can't believe he just did that!' fearing to look at the boy, she peaked over her shoulder at him. He was staring at with a very primal look of desire etched upon his face. Turning to glare at the black chalkboard, Kagome silently cried, `there is no way I'm getting out of the date tonight, now. He will never back away after that!' she dropped her head into her hands and prayed to die there on the spot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin had left her two friends at the changing of the period to gather her books from her locker. Kagome was still livid over Inuyasha's actions from the first two periods. Rin couldn't take much more of it and had to break away, even if only for a few moments. She reached her locker and quickly spun the combination. Pulling at the lock, she groaned angrily when it did not open. She tried it again but still had no luck. `Stupid piece of crap,' she thought as she banged her fist into it. `Why do I get the one broken locker in all the damn school?'

A hand quickly flashed in front of her own and pounded hard into the middle of the locker. The door sprung open suddenly as if by magic. Rin gasped and turned to find Sesshoumaru towering over her, giving her the slightest gleam of a smile.

She gave him a bright smile as she quickly added, "Thank you."

Sesshoumaru nodded once and leaned against the metal closets as she grabbed her books. "I used to have trouble with mine back at the other school I used to go to…figured out how it worked and needless to say, I fixed it."

Rin laughed as she shut her locker and grinned at the Youkai. "I guess then you'll have to follow me around the save me from the hassle of the evil locker demon."

Sesshoumaru smirked at the girl and stood straight to face her. "Rin…" he placed a hand on her shoulder and was suddenly lost for words. He stared at the girl in awe as he gently reached out and moved a piece of her brown hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear with a single claw.

Rin found herself somehow lost in the golden pools of this god's eyes. She blinked seductively as she glared at him in a feeling that had nearly been lost to her; desire. It burned every part of her soul as her body screamed out to his, begging to be claimed. She felt her skin burn as he gently swiped the hair out of her face, and closed her eyes to the gentle touch. Opening her eyes, she took a step closer to the lord as her mouth suddenly became rather dry. She licked her lips as she stared up at the tai-Youkai. "I…"

Two arms suddenly appeared from behind Sesshoumaru's own as they wrapped themselves around the boy. Rin moved back a step and gasped. Kagura swayed out from behind the boy, hugging him around the waist. Her voice was taunting towards Rin, seething in an unclaimed dominance, "Seshy, I've been looking for you everywhere." She batted her eyes towards the unaffected boy.

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow as his eyes widened a little from their normal relaxed state. Anger began to boil in the lord's blood. He whipped his head around to see Kagura and he growled out, "what do you want, wench?"

Rin's eyes narrowed as she stared at the two. `They have to be close for her to feel that she can touch him in such a way. Hell,' she thought sadly, `I would never touch him like that.' tears began to brim in her eyes and she turned on her heels and quickly ran through the hallway, ignoring the demon's dominant call of her name. Hearing it slip from his lips made her want to freeze in her step…it was nearly that demanding. She groaned in anguish and threw herself into the nearest girl's bathroom, tears assaulting her cheeks.

Sesshoumaru turned to Kagura and fought with himself to keep his calm aura. "What do you want Wench? Can you not see I am talking?" turning back, he found Rin was already halfway down the hall, running away from him. He called out in near despair, "Rin." He prayed that the tone that his voice carried would have been enough to make her stop but she turned the corner and was gone. With a sigh, he glared at the girl behind him. "Out with it! What say you?"

Kagura seemed almost hurt as she stared up into his eyes. "I just wanted to say hi…is that to much to ask?"

Sesshoumaru pulled away from her loose embrace and glared at her in disgust. "It is when you insist on touching me. Do not trifle with me, wench!"

Kagura's red eyes narrowed in anger. "I've done a lot for you Sesshoumaru, don't forget that."

Anger flared in his tone, "you have done nothing for me witch!"

Kagura stared in disbelief at the man in front of her. "I have gone out of my way to make sure my clan takes you in, I have gone out of my way to show you the city yesterday, and I went out of my way to pick you up to bring you to school this morning. Do you not consider that helpful?"

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. "Indeed I do…but that is all it has been. Helpful. The way a proper second in command should treat her leader…with respect. Do not think of yourself as anything but suspendable, Kagura. If you do, then you are sorely mistaken. You are nothing to me!" he turned on his heels and trekked off to his next class, rage exuding from his body. `Damn,' he thought as he entered the history class. He forced his stoic expression on his face as he entered. He heard the teacher clear her throat and merely turned to stare at her. All traces of the teacher's questions were wiped from her face, as he could smell the fear that began to fester. He fell into his seat in the back of the class and his mind traveled back to Rin. `That was to damn close,' he thought as he remembered how close the two had truly been to each other. `If Kagura hadn't of shown up…I might have…I could have…' growling, he tried to push all thoughts from his mind. `I will not fall in love again…I won't do it.'

~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Rin leaned her back up against the bathroom stall's door and banged her head backwards lightly into the metal. Tears drenched her cheeks as she blindly stared forward. `How could I have been so foolish?' she thought in self-loathing. `Of course he is with Kagura… it would make sense. Why didn't I listen to Kagome? Sesshoumaru and Kagura are both demons…no proud, honorable, gorgeous demon would take a human for a mate…even for a friend. It is only weakness for one to do such a thing.' She wrapped her arms around herself and slid to the floor. `I can't believe that I was this ignorant…why did I think I had a chance with him? Why did I line myself up to be hurt like this?' she fought back her sobs but the tears still flowed like a raging river. `He's so…prefect. So controlled…so rational…so calm…' she blinked her wet lashes in her vision of Sesshoumaru. `Why do I want this stranger so badly?' she hugged her knees to her chest as she slowly rocked back and forth. Somewhere she heard the late bell ring and realized she was now ten minutes late for her class. `Great…now I'm really screwed.' She shook her head, as she pictured how she looked in the mirror. `The last thing I'm going to do is walk into class looking like I was hit by a freight train.' She sighed deeply and chocked on a sob. `At least this freight train has a name…Sesshoumaru.' She closed her eyes as more tears spilled down her raw skin. `I'm in love with what he stands for…I'm in love for what he can offer me…I'm in love with the thought that there is someone out there that can still warm my heart.' Though she had dated Kouga for a little over a year, she had never allowed him to get close to her. He never knew her secrets and he never knew her pain. He never knew the truth. Rin sighed and bashed her head backwards again hitting the door. `I will never bring anyone down with this. It's my burden to deal with. Mine and mine alone.' She paused as she remembered the look on Sesshoumaru's face the past day when he stopped her in the hallway. `He knows…he has to.' She got chills just thinking about it. `He seemed like he honestly wanted to help…but what can he do? If he interferes…then…' she bit her lip and wiped the tears away from her face. `No…I can't let him.' she stood up slowly and walked to the sink. She glared at her reflection in the mirror and gasped. The girl who used to stare back at her from behind the looking glass was gone…this new girl…the girl who always sported black smudges under her eyes, the girl whose eyes were always puffy from tears of pain …the girl whose lips trembled in fear…. always stared back so solemnly, so dead like. `This is what I am now…the shell of myself. I might as well be dead.' She closed her eyes and dropped her face into the sink, feeling the cold water sooth her burning face. `Just let me die.'

She heard the bathroom door open but did not look up. She could play off washing her face and it was probably just a freshman that wouldn't give a rat's ass anyway. Then she heard a very familiar sound…a sound that made her cringe in fear. The door's lock was swiftly put in place, locking the two inside of the bathroom. Rin turned off the faucet and ran a hand over her face. Slowly, she looked up into the mirror and stared behind her to the figure of the man that stood in the doorway. She gasped and tried to back away. "What do you want? What are you doing in here?"

"That's a very foolish question Rin," the man answered back from the darkest corner of the room. He closed in on her position rapidly, grabbing her by her arms roughly, digging his claws into her tender flesh. "I thought I taught you better then to question me by now."

Rin turned her head away from the man who so tightly held her in his grasp. The fact was that she did know what he wanted…it was what he always wanted. He wanted her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's about all I can get out without getting redundant over the rest of the day. SOL for those who don't know means shit out of luck.

Unfortunately, for those who are awaiting this to be wholly Kag/Inu, it isn't gonna be. not to be rude cause I completely understand (cause they are the fun ones to write in this). Though there will be Mir/San undertones, a big part of this, much like Kag/Inu will also focus on Rin/Sessh only because Rin plays a very key role in this story. She's going to be the reason everything happens, so I have to work on their relationship to make the actions plausible. Don't fret, cause Kag and Inu will be the major part of the story. (side note- do you guys think Inu is to ooc? I know he's a bit extreme {which I'm hoping to clear up why in the past two chapters}. What do ya'll want to see happen?) R&R please, and I'll update as soon as I can.