InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Prelude of a long night ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the dragon ~<>~

~<>~ Chapter 13 ~<>~ Prelude of a long night

"Blue 42…Blue 42…hut, hut…. hike!" InuYasha pulled back and snapped the ball with amazing speed halfway across the field into the awaiting kids hands with a triumphant smile. The smile slid from his face as the wide receiver grabbed the ball and was knocked three yards backwards by the blunt force of impact. InuYasha grimaced and looked around to see if anyone else saw that. Everyone…even the track team…was staring at him. With a sneering grin, InuYasha called out to the boy who was picking himself up slowly off the ground, "great catch, asshole…now just hold your landing and we'll be okay!" wiping his hands on his pants, InuYasha turned around and walked off the field towards the water cooler, staring down coach Floydd the entire time. The old man was laughing at him with a very sadistic grin plastered to his face. InuYasha reached the cooler and gulped down a cup full of the clear liquid. Turning slowly to glare at the coach, he sighed, "What gives, Floydd? You going to tell me what's so fuckin amusing?"

The coach chuckled once more then the grin disappeared and was transformed into a scowl. "The fact that you have so much god damned potential and have no common sense as to how to use it." Inuyasha's eyes flared in anger and the man held a hand out in front of him, cutting off Inuyasha's scornful words. "Look, son, all I'm saying is that you could do so much with your life but you insist on doing absolutely nothing! You smoke pot, lay around, fail your classes cause you can't keep that trap of your shut and don't give a damn about life because life owes you something that you feel you were berated of."

InuYasha narrowed his eyes not liking where the old man was going with this. With a sigh, he doused his face with some water and hardened his stare. "Where are you going with this, old man?"

"Same place you are son, no where." Floydd shook his head and turned away from the boy. "Try lightning your throw, don't put anger into the ball…take it out on the guy in front of you after you release it."

InuYasha growled and returned to the field blazing in fury. Squatting down behind of the boy in front of him, he called out his commands and sent the team scattering about the field. Heeding his coach's words, InuYasha threw the ball towards its destination and ran at the first guy who came in his way. InuYasha caught the poor kid in the mid section and hefted him over his shoulder with little problem. The boy flew into the air like he had jumped onto a trampoline and landed on his back, a few feet behind InuYasha. But he didn't stop there…InuYasha caught the next guy who was approaching him nearly as fast as he had caught the other. It was almost like slow motion; the offense charging the angry hanyou watched his friend get tossed like a rag doll into the air and he tried to stop in his tracks. His feet failing, he glanced down, taking his eyes from his friends flying body to see an arm snake out in front of his chest. Hitting the hanyou's arm was like running full force into a metal pole, the boy's head snapped back and his legs flew forward. Gravity kicked in and pulled the boy fiercely to the ground with a deafening crack. InuYasha would have kept on running if the guy in front of him hadn't been holding up his two hands with wide panic stricken eyes. InuYasha snarled once and forced himself to a hard stop, his eyes meeting the other boys. Though his face was stoic, his eyes laughed at the blatant sign of fear coming from the older senior who stood in front of him. InuYasha grinned at the kid and looked over his shoulder to see the two fallen comrades on the floor. He scoffed at the kids then called over his shoulder to the coach, "Is that angry enough or do you want real anger?"

Floydd stared at the boy as he made his way across the field. He grabbed the mouth guard on the helmet pulling Inuyasha's head closer to his. "Listen, wise ass, save your anger for the other teams. I'm not taking you off the team, regardless of how you treat the others, so stop being a one-man army and be a team player. These guys need to be rustled up…but not hurled through the air. That's why you here, to help us win!" He smacked the side of Inuyasha's helmet and looked behind him. "Scotty, you okay? Phil?"

The two boys called out very softly, "yeah," though their voices were laced in pain.

InuYasha pulled away from Coach Floydd's grasp and pulled off the black helmet. From underneath, his white hair cascaded down his back as he wiped the dirt away from his face. "Do what you want old man, I'm sitting this next one out."

Floydd grinned and tapped his index finger to his chin. "I think the others need a break more then you do, Yash. Take five…" The coach turned on his heels and blew the whistle. Four guys had to help the others up off the ground, all staring at the hanyou while they did so. Mumbling, they made their way off the field towards the bathrooms. InuYasha sat down and sighed deeply. He ran both of his hands over his sweat covered face and glanced about the field for the first time that day. The track team had an orange rubber-like track that surrounded their football field that they were practicing on. Across from the track was another grassy area in which the cheerleaders were practicing. With a grin, InuYasha saw whom he had been longing to see for the past forty minutes. Kagome. He grabbed a cup of water and doused his face with it then made his way to the end of the bleachers, which over looked the cheerleaders. Holding his helmet under his right arm, he leaned on the railing and stared down at the girls. Kagome was obviously the leader, and was trying to show the girls a dance routine that she had come up with. He watched mesmerized by the way that she could shake her hips with the beat while moving around the way she did. InuYasha licked his lips slowly as he devoured what he saw before him. One of the younger girls, probably a freshman, was the first to follow Inuyasha's gaze from above them and to its intended destination. She giggled and gently punched the girl next to her, who did the same. Soon, the girl's eyes were no longer studying the new moves they would have to know for the upcoming game but were plastered onto the incredibly gorgeous hanyou who was staring lustfully at their leader.

Kagome mentally counted to herself, her eyes screwed shut. All she needed to do was listen to the beat of the music and the numbers in her head. She hadn't wanted the captain's position on the team for just this reason; she hated having people watch her dance. Though many people had told her she was great at it, she still felt like a toddler learning how to walk. She crossed her left foot over her right foot and pivoted 180 degrees to her right on both of her feet, turning her head sharply to her right shoulder. Crossing her left arm in front of her stomach to reach her right hip the following rather seductively with her right hand to her left hip, she rolled her hips in a very slow, alluring manner. She snapped her eyes open, knowing the rest of the moves by heart. She threw her head back and nearly continued until her gaze met his. She froze, mid step, as she gasped in shock and embarrassment. She bit her lip as she looked over her shoulder to see all the girls giggling and staring up at the beautiful god who lingered over them. She tried desperately to count backwards in her mind from ten, trying to sooth her nerves, as the two stared at each other. If it had been anyone else, she would have easily yelled at the to get away from her practice but it felt as if she had lost her voice. Not to mention the fact of her retaliating would only incite the annoying boy.

"You got some great moves there, Princess..." InuYasha beamed as he laid his helmet down on the cold blue metal bleacher next to him. Placing both of his hands on the silver railing, he hurtled himself over it and landed two feet in front of Kagome. He grinned as the other girls gasped in shock, sending a fresh set of giggles about them. He swaggered a foot closer to Kagome and grinned like a child on Christmas. "Maybe you can show me some more of those later tonight," his grin widened as he lashed out an arm and hooked it around her waist. He pulled her closer to his sweat covered body and brought his lips closer to her right ear. "and I don't mean on the dance floor, princess."

Kagome gasped and placed both of her hands on his chest and shoved him backwards. InuYasha stumbled back willfully and grinned like a mad cat at her. Her face contorted in a mix of anger, rage, embarrassment and utter condescension. "I thought we cleared that matter up, InuYasha! I will never go out with you!" she crossed her arms and added, "If you show up at my house, I swear to god, I will call the police!"

Inuyasha's grin never wavered from his face as he gazed at the girl. He could feel the tension rising in the air from the other girls, waiting to see what would happen when the all time leader of the Perfects (and captain of the cheerleading squad) rejected a guy who quite possibly could have been the most gorgeous guy to walk the planet…and possibly one of the more deadly. "Whatever you say princess. I'll still be there at six to get you and Sango." with a very deliberate wink, he turned and grabbed the metal bar of the bleachers, which were only about five feet up from where he was standing. "Oh, princess…" he turned at gave her a very cocky smile, a smile that nearly sent the younger girls in front of him to the floor in desire, "don't wear anything that you really like, or for that matter is to hard to remove. It will be only my floor by morning." He grinned once more then turned and slightly jumped and pulled his weight over the bleachers. Grabbing his helmet, he didn't need to turn around to know how red her face was. `The bitch deserves it,' he thought as he approached the regrouping crowd. `She shouldn't try to defy what I tell her to do. If I tell her we're going out, then we're going out. Then on top of that, she has the gull to say no in front of people.' Shaking his head, he placed back on his helmet and met back up with the team, some of which didn't seem too happy that he had returned.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nothing was said for a long period of time as Kagome stared at the football field, watching the one boy that she could actually admit that she loathed walk away. Her hands rolled into balls at her side as she watched the boys set up and begin to play. `That bastard! Not only is it bad enough I need to see him in every single one of my classes, but now he's here, everyday, at practice. I might as well hang myself now!'

"Uhh…Kagome?"

A very timid voice broke her vicious stare of the hanyou as she turned slowly to face the girl behind her. The fury that was burning in her eyes must have scared the hell out of the girl, because she gasped and fell back into place among the wide-eyed girls. Kagome took a deep breath and mustered the biggest smile she could manage. "Boys will be boys, anyway…any questions?"

All fifteen of the girls raised their hands into the air almost simultaneously. Kagome slowly licked her lips and coughed slightly into her closed hand. She cleared her throat and restated the question, "any questions about the dance?" All hands lowered with a slightly disappointing group wide groan. Kagome took another deep breath, trying to remain perfectly calm in front of the girls. `I could kill something, I swear to god. Please, all I need if for something…anything….to save me!'

"I have a question."

Everyone in the group shifted their attention to the new comer who stood leaning on a metal pilled under the bleachers. Rin gave Kagome a smart-ass smile as she lifted her gym bag off the floor and approached the group. "Why didn't you just kick his ass?"

Kagome laughed and shook her head. "How long have you been there?"

Rin joined her friend in laughter and stood next to her. "Since that jerk showed up." She shook her head and sighed, "he really has it bad, doesn't he?"

Kagome's eyes lit up with hope for a brief second before she quickly bottled up those emotions. But it was a second to late. "Like I care?"

Rin gave her a knowing smile and shook her head. "I don't understand you Kagome, I really don't." She sighed and fell in line with the other girls. "Now where were we?"

Kagome silently thanked god for the appearance of her best friend as they went back into the teaching the girls to dance. Yet this time, she kept a hawk's eyes on where InuYasha was at all times.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*

Kagome packed up the radio into her large red gym bag as she bid the other girls farewell. It was four thirty and it was long past time for Kagome to go home. With an angry sigh, she threw her cd's in to the bag as well. Rin walked up to her slowly and dropped to sit by her friend. "So…what really happened back there?"

Kagome stared at her friend and zipped up her bag. "We have to go over the field positions before me and you go, Rin." She purposely ignored her friend's questions.

"Kagome…." Rin's tone was anything but playful.

Kagome sighed and picked up her bag over her shoulder. "Nothing Rin, nothing happened…nothing is going to happen. InuYasha is such a baka! He just showed up and you said you got here for the fireworks."

Rin sighed and walked next to her friend out onto the field. The football team was in their end of the day huddle at the southern part of the field and Rin and Kagome set themselves up on the track. Silently they rehearsed their moves and countered for where the other girls would have been. Rin had more experience then Kagome with cheering, but their advisor felt Kagome was the appropriate girl to put in charge. Where Rin lacked the ability to control a large group of people, Kagome excelled. After two rounds, Rin and Kagome paused and discussed where to position their entire group.

"Whoa, you two are some completely sexy bitches, let me tell you!"

Both girls turned to stare into the bleachers, an annoyed smile plastered onto their faces. Sango stood leaning against the railing, a field hockey bag draped over her shoulder. Kagome gave her a wave and beckoned her onto the field. Leaving her bag in the stands, Sango joined her two friends.

Rin grinned at Sango and placed her at a point where four of their girls would be. "Stand there, Sango…we're working on timing."

Sango scowled and crossed her arms. "You know this isn't my thing…come on, don't make me help out!"

Kagome laughed and nodded. "We need everyone here for this one, Rin. Sorry hon, we'll work on it on Monday." Sango's eyes thanked Kagome a thousand times over as Kagome slowly turned to Rin. "Hey…where did you go today? I went to the nurse to see why you weren't in third period but she said she didn't see you." Her eyes narrowed as she stared at her friend. "You look fine to me, Rin. What gives?"

Rin's eyes widened a little in shock and she stuttered across her words, "you told the nurse I wasn't in my classes?"

Sango grinned and joined in the grilling. "No, Rin, we're not dense. We just asked if you had been in there cause you weren't feeling good and we were looking for you. So what, did you decide to ditch and go shopping without us?" she placed a hand over her heart and put on her best `sad' face. "My dear Rin, are you cheating on us? Do you have `other friends' that you don't want us to know about?"

Rin grinned but only half-heartedly. As if god turned on the global air conditioner, Rin wrapped her arms around her body, and stared between the two girls at the far end of the field. "no…I'm not cheating on you guys…" her gaze dropped to the grass as she silently begged for the tears to remain behind her eyes. "I wasn't feeling that great and I know how much hell it is to get out of class so I ditched." She let out a loud sigh, hoping that the ridged breath in between didn't give away her current dilemma.

Kagome and Sango exchanged worried glares then stared back at Rin. Kagome slowly began, "Rin…is there something going on? You haven't been yourself these past few weeks."

Rin licked her lips and plastered a fake smile onto her lips as she gave her friend a fleeting glance. "I'm fine, Kags, honestly. I'm just worried about my dad, he hasn't been home lately." She wasn't lying at all, she had to admit to herself. `I am worried about daddy…I did feel sick and ditched school so I could go home…to shower…. to get his stench off of me.' she involuntarily shuddered as she felt tears begin to spring to her eyes.

Sango and Kagome embraced the girl in a group hug, squeezing her tightly. Sango softly added, "don't worry Rin, he'll be home before you know it. He's been gone for three months and he said the project would only take like four, right?"

Rin slowly nodded but internally was screaming. `When he gets back, he'll be home for three days before he is sent somewhere else half way around the world. To a place where he can't help me…to a place where he can't save me…. where he can't stop him…' she choked down a silent sob and gave her friends a small reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

Kagome sighed and quietly stated, "Rin…if you ever need to talk about something…. or for that matter if you ever need help, you call me! I'm serious…" she grabbed her friends chin and pulled her face to meet her own. She stared deep into Rin's eyes and repeated herself, "anything Rin, we're here to help you through anything!"

Rin stared at her friend for a moment before hugging her. `I can't look them in the eyes anymore…is that what he's done to me? Its bad enough he took everything from me….I won't let him destroy my friendship with Sango and Kagome. I'll die first.' She closed her eyes for a moment. Sudden dread filled her soul as she slowly turned to look back at the bleachers. Something made her do it…it had to be that she felt his presence. Slowly, she lifted her eyes to the bleachers, staring at them, under them, around them…. then her eyes met her target. He was there…he was watching…had been watching…her. Suddenly she felt that all the hot water in the world would not burn off the dirty rough feel of his hands. She chewed her lip for a moment before glaring back at the other two. Fear now engulfed her eyes as she stared at them. Her eyes were as wide as a cornered animal fearing for its life. Rin quickly grabbed her bag and gave them both a very small smile and chocked out, "call me later." She turned quickly from the two, whose cries of surprise echoed in her ears, and she walked away as quick as she possibly could. She wanted to run, she needed to run…but that would have been too suspicious. She shook her head as she left the field and walked to her car, `they know….'

Kagome's eyes widened as Rin so abruptly left. She turned and met Sango's glare. Something was very much off with this girl and it spelt out danger. Both girls exchanged worried glances then sighed as they turned back. Sango caught his eyes first and she smacked Kagome in her shoulder. Kagome winched in pain but quickly understood why Sango had hit her. Three rows up from the girls, behind Sango's equipment sat Kouga, his piercing blue eyes boring holes into the two girls. The two girls exchanged hostile glares then bombarded the stands, each taking to a different side to Kouga. Sango blocked his path to the right as Kagome did to the left. "What did you do to Rin?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~

InuYasha listened half aware to what the coach was saying. Something about next Friday was a home game against a school from the east side of Tokyo. He yawned as he began impatiently tapping his foot. Floydd, growing rather annoyed, turned to stare at the hanyou. "Are we keeping your from something more important, InuYasha?"

InuYasha glared at the old man and grinned. "Actually you are. See, I have a really hot date tonight…"

One of the guys next to him playfully socked him in the shoulder, "that's been flying around like wildfire. That Kagome is quite a piece of ass!"

InuYasha turned quickly to glare at the outspoken guy and couldn't help the growl that started in the back of his throat. Before he could comment, another spoke up, "I heard she's colder then a fuckin fish, a real prude if you get my drift…"

Floydd blew his whistle, nearly deafening InuYasha with the screeching noise. "Look, all I want to say is be here on Monday, we're going to win this season yet! Go home, get away from my field!" with a deep laugh, Floydd quickly walked away from the group of kids. As they dispersed, a guy closer to InuYasha put his hand on Inuyasha's shoulder and opened his mouth, "Don't worry about Kagome. All girls start out that way, you just got to break them out of it…show them whose boss. If you don't, Yash, I'm sure someone on this team will…after all, we share a bus with the cheerleaders for football. I'm sure we could manage to…" the guy never got to finish his sentence. InuYasha wheeled around and punched him square in the jaw. The kid flew back into another guy behind him, knocking them both to the ground. Some of the guys turned around, fists at the ready. "What the fuck was that for?" one of the boys bellowed out.

InuYasha growled deeply, managing to make half of the boys back up. "If anyone here ever even thinks of laying a hand on Kagome, your dead. You saw what I did to Scott and Paul, that's nothing…I will rip you in half, got that? She's mine…anyone got a problem with that, you better settle it with me right now! No one fuckin touches her, no one fuckin looks at her. Don't think twice about her!"

The guys backed up a little more as InuYasha wheeled around, directing his comment to the world. A senior, Dachi, stepped closer to InuYasha, his fist clutched by his side. "I think I've had it up to here with you trying to scare people into seeing your way! I'm done…you think your so tuff," The boy shrugged off his varsity coat to reveal his tight fitted jersey. The boy was built with arm muscles like a pro wrestler. "…Show me what you can do, little man."

InuYasha snarled at the man and launched himself at Dachi, grabbing him around the mid section, attempting to knock him off balance and tackle him. The boy didn't budge and it earned a strong laughter from the crowd. InuYasha could feel all eyes on him as some of the other boys began to shed their coats in the idea that they could actually take him down. InuYasha grinned as he felt the boy bring his arm back to punch him. Within the second the boy swung, InuYasha jumped backwards avoiding his fist then launched a very strong round house at the boy in front of him. He caught the kid in the chest, who wobbled backwards a couple steps. InuYasha then spun on his left leg and caught the boy once more with another kick to his chin with his right leg. Dachi flew backwards this time, crash landing on the boy's track mat. InuYasha was on him in a second, punching the kid in the face. It took six guys to pull InuYasha back and three to help Dachi stand. Another senior, Hiori, approached InuYasha, who was currently being held in place by the others. "Hold him boys, he got this coming." A junior by the name of Koi jumped in front of Hiori before he got a chance to get near InuYasha.

Koi reached out and laid a hand on the senior's shoulder and shook his head slowly, "don't do it, it's not worth it. This kid just took down butch! No one is as strong as Butch!" he threw a glance at the fleeing forms of Dachi and his two friends. "Why don't you go, its better that way. Look…he just proved himself, he took Dachi down in a fair fight."

Hiori narrowed his eyes and shook his head slowly. Pointing a finger at the hanyou, he called out, "I'll get you…just wait fucker…I'll get you good." He turned and ran to catch up with his friends. Only once they were gone, the others let go of InuYasha. They began congratulating him on taking down the `asshole' and asking him all different sorts of questions. InuYasha surged through them and began to walk back to the school when he paused mid step. `That smell…that stench!' his eyes fell upon the scene going on in front of him on the other side of the field. He watched Rin stare at the bleachers for a moment then take off without Kagome and Sango. He could read the worry in their eyes and he slowly glanced at the bleachers. His eyes fell upon the scourge under the metal seats, staring at the girls. "…Naraku!" he clenched his fist and shook his head. He stormed towards the man who stood under the bleachers with two other guys he did not know.

"Naraku, you asshole, what you are doing here?" he called out from the other end of the bleachers. He noticed the immediate shift of atmosphere between the three of them. What once seemed like they were friends, now they attempted to hide their relationship by shaking hands and the other two quickly took their leave. Naraku sneered at the hanyou and called out, "last I read, this was my territory, baka."

InuYasha reached the black haired boy and quickly got in his face. "That's going to change real fast. Don't blink, you might miss it." His tone hardened quickly as he took a menacing step towards Naraku, "Just like how my brother dealt with your dad…" he snapped his fingers and stared hard at the boy, "you'll be licking my shoes!"

Naraku met the hanyou's glare and retorted, "by time my father and I are done with the two of you, no one will be able to identify your bodies. Your dead, half breed, you just don't know it yet."

InuYasha spat back, "the fuck I am. Your father works for my brother now, asshole! I would think twice before throwing blatant threats onto the table. I don't think you want to anger the Eastern dragons…"

Naraku's eyes narrowed as he backed up a step from InuYasha. "This is far from done, Inu-kurro!" the boy spit on the ground dangerously close to Inuyasha's shoe and picked up his book bag and walked away with a small malicious grin plastered to his face.

`I should so fuckin kill him. Sesshoumaru would be glad to be rid of such a pest! Damn, that guy really has it coming!' InuYasha had half a mind to bash him for it, and was about to follow the boy to pummel him when three voices pulled him back to reality. "What did you do to Rin?" InuYasha glared up into the bleachers and paused, a wide grin spreading on his face.

Kagome poked at Kouga's chest with her index finger, staring hard into his blue eyes. "tell me what you did, Kouga, or I swear…"

Kouga held up both hands and leaned back, away from the two girls. He looked so confused. "Kagome…Sango…. i didn't do anything to her. After we broke up we have hardly said four words to each other…and those four haven't been the all around greatest! So I really honestly don't know what you're talking about!"

Sango pressed on when she saw Kagome thinking about what he said. "Bullshit, Kouga. Rin took one glance at you and ran out of here!" pieces of the puzzle began to slowly fit into place as Sango glared at Kouga. "You weren't in science today, Kouga…. where were you?" Kagome gasped and leaned in to hear what the wolf had to say.

Kouga glared defensively at the two girls and stood slowly. "Look, I don't know what the hell your talking about. I'll tell you this Sango; I sure as hell don't need to justify my actions to you nor to anyone. What I do is none of your business!" with a sigh, he turned to Kagome and gave her a small smile, "can you move to the side Kagome, I want to go home now."

Kagome didn't budge but poked the wolf in the chest again. "Spill it Kouga, what's going on with you and Rin?"

Kouga sighed and shook his head slowly, "nothing, Kagome…there is nothing…"

Sango exasperatedly sighed and yelled over Kouga's voice, "then why are you here, Kouga, if it isn't to see Rin?"

Kouga glared over his shoulder at Sango and slumped his shoulders. "Well, Sango, if you put it like that…."he looked back at Kagome and gave her a small smile, "I was going to see if the two of you wanted to go out to diner or something before you had to study…."

InuYasha appeared behind Kagome as if from nowhere. Kagome gasped when he draped his arm around her but didn't move to shrug it off. `What's the lesser of two evils,' she thought with a deep sigh, `Kouga who is really kind of creepy or InuYasha who is a blatant conceited self-diluted asshole?'

InuYasha grinned at the appalled wolf and gave Kagome's shoulder a squeeze, "the ladies are already being taken out for diner tonight…sorry Kouga, guess its you and your hand again."

Kouga balled his fists and bit back, "I don't know what you do with your free time mutt face, but I have no need to do that."

InuYasha rolled his eyes and pulled Kagome out of the bleacher row. "Get out of here Kouga, and don't look at Kagome again or I'll kill you." he hid the sudden embarrassment that he had out right threatened Kouga over Kagome in front of Kagome. He bit his tongue from continuing down the path of actually letting Kagome know how he truly felt. How if anyone so much as glared at her, he would gouge their eyes out for her. He shook his head, burying those feelings.

Kouga narrowed his gaze and stepped closer to InuYasha. "Get your arm off my woman, dog shit!"

Kagome gasped and reached out and hit Kouga in the arm. "I'm not your woman, Kouga. I appreciate the offer for diner," she shrugged off Inuyasha's arm at that point, "nor am I yours!" she glared at the two boys, "both of you need to go home and take very cold showers!" She grabbed her gym bag and looked at Sango, "lets go home. I'm tired."

Kouga sighed and walked down the steps away from the others. "Kagome, if you decide to change your mind, or if you want a real man, call me. Your brother has my number."

InuYasha had to bite his tongue to keep from cracking a joke over that. Shaking his head, he growled as Kouga walked away. He turned his head quickly towards Kagome who was walking away with Sango from the field in a different direction then Kouga. With a quick leap off the side of the bleachers, he skidded to a halt in front of the girls. Both girls gasped and Sango glared from where he stood now to where he had been. She seemed…. shocked. Kagome didn't seem disturbed at all. She pushed past the hanyou's shoulder ignoring him completely. With a grunt, InuYasha reached out and grabbed her waist, pulling her away from Sango's side and towards him. He directed her so that her back was resting against his chest. He leaned down, and ran a hand over the hair that covered her ear, pulling it away from her face and tucking it between the two of them. He smiled as he felt her shiver when he gently traced a finger up and down the side of her neck. Leaning out, he whispered into her ear, "I will see you tonight and you will not call the cops on me…. Sango will be coming along to make sure you behave yourself as will Miroku. I'll make sure he behaves himself." He wrapped both of his arms around her protectively and held her for a moment. Kagome stifled a laugh and turned her eyes to meet Sango's even more flabbergasted glance. She silently begged her friend for help. Sango grinned at her and slowly turned her back, laughing the entire time.

Kagome gasped as she felt the hanyou's lips on her ear. She quivered as he gently kissed the delicate skin. She planned to try to pull away…she did try to pull away…didn't she?

InuYasha gave Kagome a tight squeeze and commented loudly enough for Sango to hear, "oh yeah, and princess…don't wear skirts…its to easy to see up them when your standing on bleachers." Kagome's face dropped as InuYasha quickly let go of her and walked past the two with an arrogant grin. "See you both in an hour!"

Kagome's face changed colors faster then a chameleon. She went from pale white to an embarrassed pink to a humiliated red in a matter of seconds. Sango only laughed at her friend and wrapped her arm around Kagome's shoulder, pulling her away from the field. "Come my dear Kagome, we have places where we don't need to be in an hour!"

Sango pulled her towards the parking lot, praying that they could shower and be out of the house before the boys would get there. If they didn't…. it would be a long night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*