InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Scandals ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

~<>~Chapter 18 ~<>~ scandals

"Rin…I don't think this is a good idea…"

Rin paused, her hand wrapped around the silver metal handle of her door. She turned to glance at the boy who was seated in her Porsche's driver seat. She licked her lips slowly and grinded her teeth. "Sesshoumaru, I am not going to hide from Naraku…I made a vow to make sure that he will not destroy my life. How do you think I've dealt with this for the past six months?" she turned to stare into her god's eyes. The boy raised an eyebrow but did not answer. "Sesshoumaru…I need to live my life. If I don't, I'll be sitting at home, thinking about how much he's ruined me. How much I've been used…how much…" she let out a small sigh and closed her eyes for a moment, collecting herself. Opening them with a fierce vengeance, she glared at Sesshoumaru, "let him try to come after me today…. I'll kill him where he stands."

Sesshoumaru had to keep his teeth clenched from yelling at her what he wanted to. `if he gets her alone, she can't defend herself…she'll be used again….and this time he won't go easy. Naraku needs to be destroyed for what he's done to her…he picked the wrong girl to fuck with…. not Rin…' he balled his hands into tight fists as Rin climbed out of her car. He had refused to let her drive to school…he had refused to let her walk around alone. Shaking his head slightly, he quickly got out of the car and followed her. `She needs to be protected and since her friends are human and my brother is king of the baka's, there is no one else but me to do it.' He followed a few paces behind the girl, keeping a steadfast eye on the crowd around him. `Let someone try touch her…' he narrowed his eyes in fury. When Rin told him what had been going on, he broke the back off of the kitchen wooden chair. Sighing, his mind replayed the events.

FLASHBACK

<Italic> Sesshoumaru had left the basement after the gang had finished their third horror movie. It was odd, Sesshoumaru had thought with an irritable anger that InuYasha and he could get along with a similar crowd. In the past neither had spoken to the other brother's friends. Then again, Sesshoumaru had dabbled in with a very ruthless crowd that nearly killed his entire family and InuYasha had conformed into a crowd of people that were never sober. These people who were downstairs though…they were good people. The thought of it still made Sesshoumaru twinge with jealousy. He could never belong in a group like that…his stoic demeanor would never allow him to degrade himself to laughing or to `rough housing' with the guys. At least that is what he told himself to keep his emotions at bay. It was that damned girl…every time her eyes met his he let a small part of his `ice prince' routine melt away. This became evident to his baka brother, unfortunately, when in the middle of Resident Evil, when the zombie dogs nearly took out Alice, Rin screamed and had attached herself to Sesshoumaru's chest. He hadn't pushed her away, only stared down at her in a mix of befuddlement and embarrassment. As if it were the most natural thing in the world, he had wrapped one arm around the girl who was now halfway onto his lap and told her it was only a movie. His could feel four pairs of eyes on him immediately and unfortunately fell upon the matching golden pair first. His brother gave him a grin that still haunted Sesshoumaru. It was a smirk that knocked Sesshoumaru off his pedestal…it was a grin that was all knowing. He was no different then anyone in that room…for a brief moment he was a boy, falling over the girl in his lap, having a good time with kids his own age…not the ex-mob leader who sold drugs to men older then him, killed men older then him without a second thought…at that moment he was not the demon lord Sesshoumaru…. he was his nineteen year old self. It was a feeling that scared him…a foreboding sense that if he let his guard down, he would be hurt. Only once had he let his guard down and when he had, InuYasha managed to kick him where it hurt. He had blamed the hanyou for a long time about the destruction of his relationship with Kerensa…but that blame died out when he came to the rationalization that InuYasha had not been himself. His loathing for his brother, and his brother's self-hatred nearly destroyed the hanyou. When Sesshoumaru finally realized this, he let his part of the anger dissolve into bitterness. He would not lie; when he walked in on Inuyasha's incessant make out session with Kagome, it struck a nerve in him that he needed to suppress before he made any emotional mistakes such as ripping his brothers heart out of his chest. But one look at Rin…one fleeting glance at that beautiful creature could sway his state. Hearing her talk was like being among angels…it was a euphoric feeling that Sesshoumaru would kill for. Now he stood alone in the dark kitchen Saturday night, resting his head against the cold oak cabinets. InuYasha had begun teasing him about his momentarily lapse of detached emotions. Teasing became taunting, taunting became deadly when Sesshoumaru nearly threw his brother through the television. Needless to say, that sudden tension led to the quick departure of the older sibling. Now here he was, making an ass of himself in front of Rin and he had probably scared the living crap out of her. `Shit,' he thought to himself as he slightly banged his head against the cabinet, `when did I allow myself to get so weak?'

"You know…you probably shouldn't do that."

Sesshoumaru turned quickly to find Rin leaning against the doorframe to the kitchen, her eyes shining in the pale moonlight that illuminated the kitchen. His eye twitched in the contraction of his facial muscles. He needed to control his emotions…. it was imperative. "Rin, shouldn't you be downstairs with bakayasha and his crew of misfits?"

Rin laughed lightly. The sound was like kryptonite to Sesshoumaru. He felt as if his knees could buckle at any moment. Grasping the counter nonchalantly, he just stared at the girl in amazement. Rin gave him a smile and questioned him. "Why did you run out?"

Sesshoumaru straightened his back a little, his pride obviously hurt. "This Sesshoumaru does not run from things…"

"…But you speak in third person?" Rin cocked an eyebrow and crossed her arms against her chest. "They say that only complete psychopaths do that."

Sesshoumaru shook his head slowly. "No, Rin, that would be talking to yourself that people say makes you a psychopath…which again is untrue."

Rin sighed and walked past the boy, opening the refrigerator. "Whatever…I still think talking about yourself in third person is whacked."

Sesshoumaru tilted his head in wonder at the girl who so daring argued with him. Normally that offense would end another's life…it only earned her a small grin. "Tell me, Rin, is it not also `whacked' to be staying in the home of two boys, and which of whom you are not wed to?"

Rin paused in the fridge then stuck her head out from behind the black door and stuck her tongue out at him. "No, its whacked to be living at home by yourself in fear."

Sesshoumaru paused and stared at the door, which the girl hid behind. `Is she trying to tell me something?' he hadn't forgotten the scent of Naraku that he smelt on the girl the first day he ran into her in the hallways. It was a subject that he was very cautious about…a subject that he did not want to rekindle. With a sigh, Sesshoumaru walked towards the door. with a sudden flick of his hand, he closed the door, nearly catching the poor girl inside of the freezer. She glared at him in anger when he stared down at her, but her glare changed into a slightly frightened stare. "Rin…" Rin immediately backed out from behind the counter that housed the fridge and tried to run from the kitchen. Sesshoumaru snaked out a hand and wrapped it around her wrist, stopping her from running. "Rin…" he called out with more aggravation.

"Let me go, now!" Rin pulled against the demon's hand. She didn't want to hurt him…hell, she didn't want to do anything against this man but he was pushing his limits and at the current moment, she didn't know him from a hole in the wall. All she knew was that his glare was not something she wanted to cross…. she had seen many different uncategorized glares, and this was one of them. Out of one hundred of those types of glares, ninety-nine of them ended in bad situations.

Sesshoumaru paid no attention to the girl as he dragged her to the kitchen dining table and pushed her firmly into a chair. He then took a seat directly next to her, turning his chair so that their knees were barely touching. "You need to tell me what is gong on Rin. I have been patient…I have allowed you to stay…but I need to know what Naraku has been doing and I need to know now."

Rin gulped and stared hard into the demon's golden eyes. "How do you…"

Sesshoumaru sighed and reached out quickly, taking the girls hands in his. "I knew from the day I ran into you at school. His stench is revolting…and it tainted yours. I want to help you Rin…but I need to know what I'm fighting for."

Rin blinked once and sighed. "I'm not asking anyone to fight…"

Sesshoumaru matched her blink and added, in a very deadly tone, "no one said you were."

Rin tired to hold back her smile but failed miserably at it. She grinned at the demon in front of her. "Thank you." the smile fell from her lips as she glanced at the floor. `Am I really going to have to sit here, while this absolutely flawless god holds my hands, and tell him of how weak I am?' she swallowed hard and slowly told Sesshoumaru the explanation of the events.

Halfway through, Sesshoumaru excused himself from the chair across from her and moved behind her, resting his hands on the back part of her wooden chair. He didn't want her to see the pain that suddenly erupted in his eyes. He didn't want to explain his story when she was done. He closed his eyes as the girl finished, his hands clenching the fragile wood beneath him. "The bastard…"

Rin sighed once, holding back her tears. "I'm not going to let this ruin my life."

Sesshoumaru scoffed and couldn't help the rage that entered his voice. "Rin, he raped you. He forced himself upon you…how can you say that hasn't ruined your life? You have been reduced to hiding out here…. with demons. It's nothing to be ashamed of but how can you remain so calm?"

Rin frowned from her chair, not daring to look up at the man behind her. `He sounds so angry…is he mad that I let this happen?' she sighed again and answered, "Because if I allow myself to fall into misery, then he has won. I let him break me Friday night…I let him see me cry. I will not shed more tears over what the fucker has done to me…I won't give him the satisfaction. I will beat this game…I will not let him take my life away from me!"

Sesshoumaru tightened his grasp on the wood, and heard a crackling sound. He wasn't sure if it was the wood or his heart. Suddenly the backrest of the chair exploded under his grasp. Rin yelped and jumped away from the chair, glaring at the demon behind her. Sesshoumaru looked so angry…. his eyes were narrowed in rage and his mouth was a very thin line.

Rin hesitated then moved next to Sesshoumaru and placed a hand on his arm. "I'm going to be okay, Sesshoumaru…don't allow yourself to worry about me."

Sesshoumaru turned quickly to stare at the girl, his eyes swirling with a mix of rage and confusion. "How can you say that, Rin? Don't you feel the need for revenge…don't you want to see him dead?"

Rin's grasp on Sesshoumaru's arm strengthened and he dropped the wood. "of course I do…I want to see him dead so bad it hurts…but I know that I can't do anything about it."

Sesshoumaru recoiled in shock and stared at the girl. He gently held out his left hand and cupped her chin. Lifting her face to stare at his, he shook his head no. His voice suddenly changed to a tone that he hadn't used in nearly a year…a very soft and gentle voice…a voice that cared. "Rin, do you know how foolish that sounds? You can always do something about it…we can do something about It." tears began to spill down the girls cheeks and Sesshoumaru wiped them away with his free hand. "Where is the strong girl I met at the bar…the girl who nearly threw a drink in my face? Where is the girl who would never take the crap this guy has given you?"

Rin gasped as she felt the demon's fingers grazing her cheeks. She blinked her gray eyes and stared into his. "I will get him…I will. Just not yet…I want to show him I can live…I want to show him that he hasn't won. Then I want to hurt him…"

Sesshoumaru smiled then pulled back suddenly, staring at his hands. Rin tilted her head and ran a hand over her chin. Pulling her hand back, she gasped when she found blood smeared across her chin. She snaked her hand out faster then Sesshoumaru was ready for her to and grabbed his wrist. She forced his palm open towards her and gasped. The splintered wood had slashed open his hands rather dreadfully. She looked up at him, her eyes gleaming in the moonlight. Silently, she pulled him down the hallway and into the bathroom. Taking over, she pushed him to sit on the closed lid toilet while she nursed his hands. He had tried to tell her they will heal quickly but she didn't listen. It kept her busy…it kept her mind busy.

<END FLASHBACK></italic>

Sesshoumaru left Rin at the door to her first period class where Kagome, Sango, Miroku and InuYasha were waiting for her. he gave her a small nod before moving on to his class. She never saw him glance over his shoulder to make sure that she made it in the door safely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome and Rin changed into their gym cloths in silence as Sango obliviously chatted away about Halloween and weekend parties that would be coming up in three weeks. They walked out in silence, which was a new trait for the perfects's leaders, into the gym when an arm suddenly grasped Kagome around her waist and pulled her from the other two and pulled her behind the indoor bleachers. (<Italic> a note: the girl's locker room door is next to the indoor gymnasium bleachers, where there is a narrow walkway behind them, leading to the other side of the gym. She was pulled into the walkway</italic>) Sango and Rin immediately turned, ready for a fight.

InuYasha had waited next to the locker room door for the girls, but upon getting nasty looks from some of the seniors of the school, had resulted to waiting behind the bleachers. When Kagome and the others passed him, it was to golden of a chance to give up. He reached out quickly, wrapping his arm around her waist. He pulled her back into his chest and instantly dropped his mouth to her exposed neck. He kissed her gently in the spot he had discovered on the couch in his basement, and was very pleased to find it still had the same reaction on her body. Her scent spiked dramatically and he smiled into her neck. He heard a gasp from the girl in his arms, which only ignited his intentions ten fold. He then heard the two others gasp then sigh loudly. Then he felt a very sharp jolt of pain on the top of his head. He hissed, releasing Kagome, and turned to glare at Rin, who was standing by his side, her hand clenched in a fist. "what the fuck was that for?"

Rin screamed back, anger burning in her eyes, "what the fuck do you think? Baka! Baka, baka, Baka! Honestly, InuYasha, do you really think you should be doing that with us on an ass-hole alert?"

InuYasha sneered at the girl then glanced back at Kagome, who seemed equally shaken. "Oy Princess, are you going to tell me you didn't enjoy that?"

Kagome's cheeks reddened but it didn't stop her from yelling, "Rin's right, InuYasha, you can't be doing things like that. You shouldn't do things like that anyway, it's rude!"

InuYasha smirked and threw a hand at the girls, walking around them. "Whatever…" he gazed over his shoulder, his eyes locking onto Kagome's, "I'll get you later Princess."

Sango's head swirled to face Kagome the instant the hanyou was out of hearing range. "What the hell was that, Kagome?" her eyes filled with terror, "don't tell me you two…"

Kagome's red cheeks darkened as they began walking towards their collective gym class, "no, god no Sango! You know that boy's just annoying."

Rin crossed her arms and huffed out, "that was a little more then the normal `I'm a boy so let me kiss you and give you kooties', kiss, Kagome. He knew exactly what spot he was aiming for. I saw the look on your face…he knew where to go."

Kagome looked at the ground, her eyes face a mask of embarrassment. "..nothi…nothing happened between us…so you two can just drop it."

Sango sighed and used the bait she didn't want to. "That's not the story I got from Miroku."

Kagome stopped in mid step, her eyes expanding to enormous sizes. "he….Miroku…" she clenched her fists as she groaned out, "what did he tell you?"

Sango sighed and glanced from Kagome to Rin. "I haven't told anyone…"

Rin immediately became very cross. "You've been holding out on me? You knew stuff happened…"

Sango sighed and brushed away Rin's comments. "Miroku said he walked in on you two in a rather compromising position…."

Kagome groaned again, and dropped into her seat on the floor. She sighed and stared Sango in her eyes, "I did not sleep with him, Sango, so don't even think that…"

Sango raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Well, he told me that much but never the less…shirtless, Kagome?"

Rin gasped loudly as Kagome dropped her head into her hands. "it was a complete…mistake…Sango. He…well….we fell asleep on the couch together cause I didn't want to go to bed and when I woke up, he pounced me and started kissing me."

Sango sighed and crossed her arms, "and somehow you just happened to loose your shirt?"

Kagome sighed again and stared at the floor, "no…Sesshoumaru actually walked in…."

Rin began to laugh hysterically as she managed to cough out, "You were caught twice in one session?"

Kagome sighed as she glared daggers at the laughing girl. "look…when he got back in, things got out of control and he took off my shirt and like a second later, Miroku was behind him."

Sango giggled slightly and prodded, "so…is he a good kisser?"

Kagome blushed and looked away sternly. "I will not answer that question, Sango. it is a biased opinion…being that he is really the only boy I've ever kissed…" she looked at her hands and sighed. "I really think it was a mistake though…I mean…I am not ready for anything serious and I am not going to have sex with him…I will not do that until I am ready…. and it will not be with a self centered prick like him. He can be sweet but he's more asshole then anything else!" she nodded and blocked the other girls out as her mind replayed what she just said. `He is a jerk, I'm not lying…okay, so he can be sweet and is really a great kisser…. he can make me weak to my knees with just one motion of his lips….but I can't….we can't….' she sighed and screwed her eyes shut, `who am I kidding…I would go out with this boy if he asked me to. He might seem big and bad around these guys but he is really so sweet, so charming…so damn sexy.'

Rin giggled and exchanged glances with Sango. "You so want him," she added as they stood slowly from their attendance spots. Sango added, "you can't deny it Kagome, we can see it written on your face. You really like that jerk!"

Kagome grinned but reframed from commenting. Instead, she took her turn as the inquisitor, "so, Sango, tell us of your weekend with Miroku.'

The girls continued chatting as they were dismissed to run laps on the upstairs gym track for the day, being that it had begun to rain. As they walked away, neither of the three saw the gaping wolf demon that stood a few feet back, gawking away at what he just overheard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha and Miroku had been drafted into playing basketball and were loosing horribly to Kouga and Ginta. Speed was an unfair advantage for the wolf demons, Miroku had long determined. The winning point was scored by Kouga, nearly scoring a perfect game on Miroku and InuYasha. As they left the court to make way for the next team, they sat down on a bench to cool off.

Kouga turned and glared at the hanyou through the human that sat between them like a body shield. "So, I hear that you managed to get to second base with Kagome, dog shit." InuYasha turned slowly to stare at the demon, his eyes confused as to how fast the rumors had spread. He made a mental note to thump Miroku later. He glared at Kouga but did not answer, instead he returned to staring at the game. Kouga, annoyed at the lack of interest the hanyou had for the topic, continued to bury a little deeper, "so…I guess I'll have to up my game if I want to win our little bet."

That got his attention. InuYasha was on his feet in a second, though his voice was not above a dull roar. "Listen to me you mangy wolf, if you lay a hand on Kagome I'll break every damn bone in your body! Our bet is over, I want nothing to do with neither it nor you anymore. Got it, asshole?"

Kouga frowned and crossed his arms. "Its so far from over, mutt face! Kagome will be mine…and there is nothing you can do. Fine, the bets over, now it's for real."

InuYasha scoffed, "keh, the wench already chose me, asshole. If you don't believe me, look at her neck. She's mine and if I see you around her, I'll fuckin kill you! Got it?"

Kouga glared at the hanyou then frowned. "It ain't worth this to argue with you, dog shit." He stood and whistled over his shoulder to order Ginta to follow him. "We'll see who she picks in the end." With that the two walked off across the gym.

Miroku stared in wonder at InuYasha. InuYasha tried to ignore the blatant stare but finally gave in, "what the fuck are you staring at?" Miroku snickered and shook his head. "a week ago you would have stormed after that bastard and probably would have gotten yourself suspended for pummeling the living shit out of him. Kagome is wearing off on you…"

InuYasha turned and yelled at the human, "and is that a bad thing? Just what are you trying to say?"

Miroku sighed and patted the hanyou on the shoulder, `I meant to say that I think your growing up but I was mistaken."

The hanyou shoved the boy off the end of the bench with a loud `keh', but he couldn't help the smile that grew on his face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

InuYasha and the others entered the cafeteria and froze. The three different groups stared blankly around the table, never considering what to do about their seating arrangements. Houjo and Eri waved to Kagome, Rin and Sango, beckoning them over to their table. Kagura had caught sight of Sesshoumaru and was glaring daggers towards him, daring him to sit anywhere else but with her, and Miroku and InuYasha were just staring. It was like juniors and senior stopped what they were doing to see where the six would sit. InuYasha grunted and walked to an empty table in the front of the cafeteria and dropped his bag on it. He stared at Miroku who, under the crushing gaze of the hanyou, quickly did the same. Kagome, after a moment, followed in suit, stopping at her normal table to say hello to everyone, then joined the boys at their table. Eri and Hojou both seemed like they were going to protest until Sango and Rin joined the others. Sesshoumaru was the last to do so, still ever so reluctantly. The six got their lunches and ate in silence. It was stressful, to say the least, to have at least two hundred eyes watching your every move. InuYasha was getting rather annoyed with the silence. "What the fuck is everyone's problem?" he asked in a rather loud voice.

Kagome sighed and answered quietly, "Look, its rare to see groups mix…normally when that happens something either big is going down or they were kicked out of their group."

InuYasha scoffed and crossed his arms, looking rather angry. "Fuck em…we don't need any fuckin group. We have our friends, that's enough!"

Kagome giggled slightly and nodded, "your right, you know."

Rin and Sango nodded their heads in agreement. Rin glanced at her watch and gasped. "Shit, I was supposed to meet my computer teacher in the library ten minutes ago. He was going to let me make up a test I missed when I went home Friday…"

Sesshoumaru immediately stood, his hand extended to Rin. "I'll walk you there."

This action earned a number of barely concealed laughs for the teens as Rin stood with Sesshoumaru's help, her cheeks slightly red. "Thank you…but you really don't need to walk me there. I can take care of myself."

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and moved to walk from the cafeteria. "Think nothing of it, Rin. Lets go."

Rin shrugged towards the girls then skipped off happily trailing behind her gold-eyed god.

InuYasha smirked when the doors swung shut behind them. "Wow…I never thought I would see my brother in another relationship…but they seem to hit it off pretty well."

Sango sighed, her eyes still on the door. "They seem so…perfect…for each other."

Miroku sighed, staring at Sango and answered, "yeah…they do. What's sad is that they might miss it if they don't start opening their eyes." He blinked at Sango, hoping he caught her double meaning. She seemed completely oblivious.

It did however catch on Kagome's ears. "I'm sure that they will both notice in time, Miroku." She patted his arm, her eyes smiling at him. She nearly yelped when InuYasha put his arm around her shoulders. She turned and glared at the boy with a very dumbstruck look.

InuYasha ran his nose over her cheek and kissed her temple lightly. "What do you say we blow this place and find somewhere a little less…public?"

Kagome gasped and pulled away from him, hitting him in the shoulder, "asshole, why would I do something like that?"

InuYasha grinned while rubbing his shoulder. "So we can finish what we started." Miroku nearly chocked on his soda and Sango turned slightly red. Kagome glared at the boy, seething in anger. She moved backwards a little, making him drop his grasp on her shoulder, and shouted, "your such a pervert!"

Kouga took that perfect moment to walk up and pull a chair up between Kagome and InuYasha. He leaned on the table and stared at the four, "so tell me, what gives with you guys just sitting here now? How did these great groups merge?" his eyes fell onto Kagome and he gave her a smile. "Oh…that's right…I forgot…you and dog shit are shaking up now."

Kagome gaped at Kouga and stood from her seat, stomping one foot on the ground, "there is nothing going on between me and him! He's an insensitive jerk!"

InuYasha glowered at Kouga and barked, "what the fuck do you want, wolf?"

Kouga put on a puzzled look as he stood slowly. "Kagome, aren't you and InuYasha…you know…mated?" Kagome's deathly ill look answered his already known question. `Fuck with me, dog shit, and your going down. If you won't back away from Kagome, I'll have her back away from you.' "Really, Kagome…that's not what I heard."

InuYasha was on his feet, his hands tightly clenched into fists. "Get the fuck out of here, now, Kouga."

Kouga ignored InuYasha and tilted his head, "funny…cause InuYasha told me he won the bet…and well…I took it as…"

Kagome's eyes widened as she looked over at Kouga. Inuyasha's face was very pale suddenly, and he looked very, very angry. She quickly stepped between the two as she saw InuYasha ready to attack Kouga. She turned to face Kouga, her back to the gawking dog demon. "What bet, Kouga?"

"No bet, Kagome…just fuckin ignore him. He's talking out of his ass!" InuYasha gave Kouga a deadly stare, daring him to continue.

Kouga sighed and shook his head. "I'm shocked InuYasha didn't tell you…see…he made a bet with me that he could get into your pants in the first week of school…and well…. i could have sworn I heard that he won in three days."

Kagome wheeled around and stared at InuYasha in a gaze of disgust and absolute fury. "What the fuck is he talking about?"

InuYasha winched as he heard his Kagome drop the f-bomb. "Kouga, your dead…"

Kouga gave the boy a wide grin as he backed up, as if waiting for Kagome to explode. He was right to do so.

Kagome reared back and slapped InuYasha across his face, leaving a very nasty red imprint of her hand on his cheek. "What the fuck were you thinking? That I would just be easy? I'm not like that, and I sure as hell didn't sleep with you." she shook her head, trying to contain the tears that were building up in her eyes. InuYasha opened his mouth to speak but at her hardened stare, shut it. "You know, InuYasha…I thought you might have been different. I gave you a chance, the one thing that you begged for me to do. I felt bad for judging you…I let you….I….." she shook her head again, tears beginning to stream down her cheeks, "I can't believe you would make such a bet."

InuYasha raised a hand to wipe away her tears but she slapped away his hand. he blinked in frustration and sighed sadly. His voice was hardly above a whisper. "Kagome…please…I didn't mean…I didn't know you at the time…."

Kagome laughed scornfully and yelled back, "What does that matter? Honestly InuYasha…what does it matter? I didn't know you but I still gave you a chance…"

InuYasha shifted on his feet becoming very agitated. "I had to practically drag you into the car, Kagome…I don't think you gave me a real fair chance…"

Kagome shook her head slowly, grabbing her book bag. She sniffled once, trying to retain her dignity as well as her tears. She failed at doing both. "Don't talk to me again, asshole." She turned and ran from the cafeteria leaving all the eyes glued to him.

InuYasha held out a hand towards the running girl but dropped it limply to his side. He let out a low sigh and glanced at Sango, who seemed nearly as pissed at InuYasha as Kagome was. "Sango…. can you talk to her?"

Sango let out a callous laugh as she stood up slowly. "Did you really make that bet, InuYasha?" InuYasha looked to the floor for her answer. She shook her head and grabbed her book bag as well. Her eyes fell onto Miroku, "did you know about this?"

Miroku sighed deeply and nodded slowly. `Its better not to lie…then to lie and get caught later. Damn InuYasha…first he gave me what I always wanted now he's taking it away.' Miroku sighed again. "It was not my place to say anything…"

Sango shook her head. "Your both hopeless bastards! InuYasha, you made your bed, now sleep in it. I knew you were an asshole…somehow I hoped that you weren't. I guess I should trust my instincts. Miroku, I would have expected more from you…. you kept me from interfering with them because you knew…you knew what they bet to and wanted to see it come true!" she turned on her heels and called over her shoulder, "InuYasha, stay away from Kagome. I mean it…I'll kill you if you come within a hundred feet of her!" she followed in the footsteps of her best friend, hoping to be able to sooth her broken heart.

InuYasha closed his eyes and slowly counted backwards from ten. After doing so, he snapped his eyes open and glared about the cafeteria. His eyes finally locked onto their target…Kouga. He was standing at the back door, grinning at InuYasha triumphantly. With a crimson tint to his golden eyes, InuYasha was on him in a second and no one could stop him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~~*~*~*~*

-Okay, promise promise promise Naraku ass kicking will be in the next chapter. Its one AM and I really can't keep my eyes open. And it has to be a good chapter….lots of drama! R&R!!