InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Defamation ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 19 ~<>~ defamation

 

 

Rin and Sesshoumaru reached the library after a prolonged awkward silence of walking next to each other. Sesshoumaru opened the glass door, holding it open for Rin to enter. He followed behind and paused at the door. Rin chewed on her lip for a moment before turning to face the demon. "My teacher is upstairs in the computer lounge…I'll be fine from here." She gave him a small smile, "thank you, Sesshoumaru…you didn't have to walk me here."

Sesshoumaru looked like he wanted to argue…he was not about to let her out of his sight until he knew she was safe. "Your welcome Rin." He tilted his head and looked to the steps. "If he is upstairs then why are we still down here? Lead the way."

Rin sighed heavily and crossed her arms. Looking around, she shook her head slowly. "Sesshoumaru, thank you for walking me here…I'll be fine though. You can't follow me everywhere…"

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and interrupted her, "and where I can't Kagome and Sango can. I am not going to just let you wander around when Naraku could be anywhere. That's just not acceptable."

Rin placed her hands on her hips and glared at the demon. "Your right but I told you once, so don't make me say it again after this; he will not ruin my life! I will not have body guards follow me everywhere I go!"

Sesshoumaru nodded, his face impassive. "I understand that Rin and I understand where you are coming from. What you do not seem to understand is that he could be waiting upstairs for you as well…and I will not be held responsible if I leave you and he gets you…"

Rin narrowed her eyes trying her best to hide the slap his words instilled. "So…. is that the only reason your helping me? Cause you feel like it would be your fault if something happened? Well get this through your thick skull…its not your fault, I'm my own person. If you don't get that, I'm sorry…but I don't need your help. I don't even know you…" she turned on her heels and called over her shoulder, "your released from your responsibilities…so leave."

Sesshoumaru wanted to run after her, he wanted to tell her that he was worried and didn't want to see her hurt…. he wanted to tell her how he longed to rip Naraku's beating heart from his body for hurting her. Instead he stood stoic as he watched her run up the stairs, her eyes filled with tears. Cursing, Sesshoumaru turned and slammed the door open, nearly shattering the glass. He stormed into the hallway and let loose a string of curses that turned many heads. Sesshoumaru stalked up and down the hallway, randomly punching the metal lockers. Every few steps, he would open his mouth and hold up a hand, then would shake his head, swear and punch a locker, leaving a giant dent in his wake. Seething, he turned on his heels and made his way back towards the cafeteria. He narrowed his eyes, hearing screams coming from other kids in that vicinity. Breaking into a run, all he could mouth was, "baka…".

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin got to the top of the steps and sighed heavily, tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. `Rin no baka!' she thought as she glanced over her shoulder to see Sesshoumaru storm out of the library. `Why do I keep thinking that he cares about me? He's just trying…. he's….i don't know…' she slumped her shoulders and placed both of her hands on the railing, cradling her chin on top of them. `He's confusing…one moment I think he might actually care about me, the next he acts like I'm a burden.' Sadly she lowered her eyes, `I guess I am…. i'm a burden now on all of them….' She sighed and closed her eyes. `He's so prestigious…such a powerful demon like him will be sure to mate with a stunningly beautiful Youkai. He would never…. he hates InuYasha for his human blood, why would he even think of getting into a relationship with me?' she shook her head firmly and sighed deeply. `I need to curb my desire, its clouding my judgment. Sure, this weekend was great!' she thought back to the six watching the horror movies, which followed a very late night discussion. InuYasha had tired to get them to drink but was scolded on the repercussions by Kagome. The following two days they had seen five movies in theaters, watched six at home and just bonded. The girls had slept in the basement Saturday night and gossiped until the sun came up. Kagome had taken Sango the following morning and returned home to shower and do their homework. Rin saw the fear that was in Kagome's eyes when they left...and she felt responsible. InuYasha had paced around the kitchen for nearly an hour until Kagome called to say they were okay. He yelled at her for a half hour about keeping him waiting, which of course her and Sesshoumaru teased him for the rest of the night about. yet it was still her fault. Now Kagome, Sango and Miroku were in danger that they had not prepared themselves for…nor did they completely understand. They didn't think Naraku would strike…. they thought he would forget. Rin and the brothers knew better. "I should never have gotten them involved."

"No, you shouldn't have."

Rin gasped and turned quickly to find Naraku leaning on a bookcase a few feet behind her. He was staring at her devilishly out from beneath his thick black bangs. She backed up against the railing, her eyes glancing about rapidly trying to find someone who could help…anyone who could intervene. "What…what are you doing here?"

Naraku grinned at the girl and looked around, "it's a library, what do you think I'm doing here, Rin?"

Rin's eyes narrowed, her anger beginning to twinge beneath her fear. "Yeah? Last time I looked you needed a brain to read, asshole!"

Naraku was taken back…. she had never used such a tone with him. His eyes instantly narrowed as he took a menacing step towards her. "Rin…it would be wise for you to cower into your place. You have already defied me once…and your only adding to your punishment."

Rin moved towards her left, heading for the computer lab, not turning her back on the demon. "You want to know what, Naraku, I'm sick of your shit. You say you own me but you don't! You never did! I was a fool for being scared! I will not allow you to control me! Be glad I haven't gone to the police!"

Naraku tilted his head as she spoke to stare at her in bewilderment. When she was done, he gave her a small smirk. "The police, Rin?" in a second he was standing in front of her. He reached up and wrapped one hand around her neck, lifting the small girl from the ground. Glaring into her eyes as she struggled he asked her, "tell me, Rin, what makes you think the police would even help you? I own them, Rin! They would merely call me to claim my bitch!" his eyes darted around behind her until he found what he was looking for. He unceremoniously dropped the girl onto her ass before reaching down and roughly grabbing her wrist. He dragged her behind him, not even giving her a chance to get to her feet, into a small study room. He threw her in front of him and slammed the door closed. He turned and pulled the window shades down over the large glass panes.

Rin fell face first into the carpet as he went about securing their solitude. She struggled to her feet as he turned his back and darted to the door. Not a step away from where she had landed she felt a strong grasp on her wrist and suddenly felt a blinding excruciating pain shooting up her arm.

Naraku saw the girl fleeing and reached out, grabbing her wrist, and twisted it to an ungodly angle. The girl immediately cried out in pain and fell to her knees. He threw her limp hand to her side and walked around her to squat down in front of the cringing girl. He grinned, as she would not meet his eyes. "Stand up Rin." His hand cupped her chin and he yanked her head to stare up at him, demanding to see her eyes. He wanted to see the defeated look…. he needed it. She had walked out of his club on him and left with the two boys who he wanted dead more then anything. She needed to be punished…she needed to understand why people did not cross him.

Rin looked away from the guy in front of her and closed her eyes. `I will not cry…I will not cry…'she cradled her broken hand to her stomach and called out, "go fuck yourself!"

Naraku's face contorted in anger. "What has that filthy half breed instilled in you? All the weeks of breaking you …do you really wish to anger me, Rin?" He reached down and grabbed the girl by her neck, pulling her to her feet. "You stupid slut, I should kill you where you stand! Tell me Rin, are you fucking that demon who followed you in here?" He didn't wait for an answer; raising his hand he roughly slapped Rin across the face, sending the girl wheeling backwards landing on her stomach. "I'll take your silence as a yes. You're mine, Rin…how dare you think about another man! Your body belongs to me!" he walked around her and pulled her up by her hair, turning his back to the door. "You're going to learn the meaning of pain today, Rin." He raised his hand to slap her again. He was going to make her bleed…and she was going to bleed bad.

Rin grimaced and tried to turn her head from the incoming blow. She instantly knew she was as good as dead. `Sesshoumaru, I'm sorry…please…help me!' Cringing, she waited for the pain to come. It never did.

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

Sesshoumaru opened the door to the cafeteria slowly. He knew what he was going to find and was not pleased about it at all. He opened the door and winched in pain; the noise level in the small eating area as atrocious. Kids gathered in clumps at the far end of the cafeteria, forming a circle, which he knew without his sense of smell that his brother was in the middle of. The stench of blood was the next thing that caught his attention. He swore as he made his way to the back. Pushing through the kids, sending a lot of the schools population to their knees, as he demanded access to the circle, he reached Miroku's side. InuYasha was a few feet away, pinned underneath a very bloody wolf demon. Kouga was straddling Inuyasha's chest, punching the half demon for all he was worth. Four security guards were sitting on the sidelines, nursing nasty looking bruises and scrapes. With a sigh, he leaned towards Miroku, his eyes never leaving his brother's form. "what happened?"

Miroku jumped as he heard Sesshoumaru's voice in his ear. He turned to stare at the demon, holding a hand over his chest. "Jeez, Sesshoumaru…" he glared back at the two contenders. "Kouga told Kagome that he and InuYasha made a bet over her."

Sesshoumaru groaned and closed his eyes. "Did he?"

Miroku nodded slowly, grimacing as he heard the cracking of Kouga's jaw bone as InuYasha got in another punch. "yeah….the first day of school, he bet Kouga that he could get in her pants in a week. But he called off the bet today in gym…but as in all dramas, it was to late."

Sesshoumaru shook his head slowly, "Baka!"

InuYasha took another blow to his left eye before he threw his weight forward, sending Kouga to the floor. He jumped up, stumbled a little, then lunged at Kouga's throat with a very deep growl. A blur of white moved in front of him and before he knew it, he went head first into his brother's chest. Falling backwards, he glared up at his older brother who now blocked his way from his target. With a very garbled growl, he spit out a bloody wad of phlegm and yelled, "Move, Sesshoumaru. This is my battle!"

Sesshoumaru sighed and shook his head slowly. "Kouga stands no chance, therefore it is not a fair fight. Back down now, InuYasha."

InuYasha growled in anger. "Get out of my way, bastard!"

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes and stiffened his back. "Back down now!" he heard a growl over his shoulder and balled his right hand. Swinging his arm up with an enormous amount of power, he cracked his knuckles into Kouga's nose, sending the pounding demon flying backwards through three tables behind the demon lord. Sesshoumaru then circled his arm backwards, cracking the bones in it. He then focused his attention back on the younger demon in front of him. "get out of here, now, InuYasha, before security decided to have a holiday with suspending you!"

InuYasha struggled to keep from hitting his brother dead on in the face. "Bastard, this wasn't your fight!"

Sesshoumaru cocked an eyebrow and asked in his stoic tone, "are you going to do something about it, little brother?"

InuYasha growled in anger then turned abruptly. Six security guards armed with nightsticks were making their way through the crowd, quickly dispersing the gathered students. He turned to find Sesshoumaru gone, leaving him in a circle of approaching guards. InuYasha sighed and held out his hands. `This is going to be hell to get out of. Damn that bastard brother of mine and his quick escapes!' The guards pounced on the teen that made no action to struggle. He knew when he was beat and this would just have been a nasty fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshoumaru made his way back to the library grinning inwardly. `My baka brother will get a weeks suspension to add to his record for this one. He drastically rearranged Kouga's face.' he sighed as he stared at the glass doors in front of him. The memories of his words to Rin cut through his mind like a knife. `How am I going to fix this? I didn't mean…she isn't a burden…on the complete other hand…. i like having her around. She makes me feel…alive.' He sighed and reentered the library, gaining a nasty glare from the librarian. He stared back before something in the air made his blood freeze. His eyes widened as he sniffed the air again. "Rin!" he didn't notice how loud he screamed until everyone in the library turned to stare at him in shock. He bounded towards the steps, tearing up them in a second. When he reached the top, he sniffed again. His eyes narrowed as he glared at the door Naraku had shut. "Naraku!" he approached the door with blinding speed and kicked it in. The wood splintered and caved in beneath his foot, sending the plank backwards into the room like a mini explosion. The scene before him stopped his heart. Naraku had Rin by the hair and his hand was behind him, ready to strike the girl. In a second, Sesshoumaru was behind the bastard and grabbed his hand before Naraku got the chance to smack Rin. He bent Naraku's hand backwards until he heard a very satisfying pop followed by a howl of anger and pain. Naraku tried to spin around but Sesshoumaru pulled the guy's arm across his shoulders, locking him in place. Sesshoumaru then kicked the back of Naraku's knees, feeling the bone crack beneath the pressure. Naraku fell forward onto his knees, screaming in pain. His eyes then glared at the girl, anger pulling at the corners of his face. Tears began to pour down the girls cheeks as her eyes were clenched shut and Sesshoumaru felt as if his heart shattered at the sight. `How dare this ignorant half breed make Rin cry…I'll see him to hell for this!' he softened his gaze at the girl, allowing worry to seep into his voice. "Rin…"

Rin opened her eyes and found Naraku kneeling not more then a foot in front of her, pain consuming his features. She let her eyes drift upwards to find Sesshoumaru standing over Naraku's body, holding his arm at a very painful angle. She sniffled once and wiped the tears away with the back of her hand. `When did I start crying?' she swallowed hard as she realized that Sesshoumaru had Naraku at bay. "…Sesshoumaru…"

Sesshoumaru's right eye twitched when he saw the discoloration of her wrist and he growled angrily, his gaze falling onto the man before him. All emotion fell away from his voice to give way to his burning rage. "Rin, get out of here, now!"

Rin stood and stepped away from the two men, fear encompassing her face. she didn't want Sesshoumaru to get caught up in this…she didn't want to see him in trouble for her mistakes. "I…"

Sesshoumaru turned again to face her and she gasped. His beautiful golden eyes were bleeding red fueled by a hatred that she was sure was a sign that someone was going to die. His voice was a primitive growl. "Now!"

In the seconds that their conversation lasted, Naraku turned quickly, hearing the final snap in his arm, breaking the bone completely. He winched in the excruciating pain but moving as quickly as lightning, he kicked Sesshoumaru in the chest, hurtling the demon backwards into a bookcase. His limp arm hung by his side but Naraku didn't seem to notice.

Sesshoumaru stumbled backwards into the books but quickly recovered. Charging forward, he tackled Naraku to the ground. He pulled his hand backwards and slashed the demon across his face. In an instant, his hand started to glow green. The long and elegant claws that tipped Sesshoumaru's fingers became deadly weapons as he pointed them at Naraku. He pulled back and was ready to strike again.

Naraku howled as the demon slashed open the skin on his face. When Sesshoumaru pulled back again, Naraku threw his torso forward, colliding his head into Sesshoumaru's skull, sending Sesshoumaru sailing backwards. Rin cried out to the shaken demon in fear and that only angered Naraku more. Naraku was on his feet in a second and grabbed a chair that was lying on the left side of the tiny study room next to a metal table. He smashed it over the table and grabbed one of the splintered legs. Wielding it like a club, Naraku smashed it down onto Sesshoumaru's chest. Sesshoumaru hissed in pain, falling from his knees onto his back grimacing. Naraku began to kick the demon in his right side, shattering most of the ribs in Sesshoumaru's body. Sesshoumaru reached behind him and grabbed a piece of the broken chair with fleeting strength. With a swift movement, he drove it home into Naraku's groin, praying to end the demon's strength. Naraku screamed out and nearly doubled over in agony. With his remaining strength, Naraku pulled back and kicked Sesshoumaru with enough power to send the demon flying across the room. Sesshoumaru's back hit the covered window and he flew through the glass, and fell three stories down onto the courtyard of the school.

Naraku hissed in pain and fell to his knees. He heard the girl who had been watching to boys scream the other demons name. There wasn't much Naraku could hear after that, his ears were filling with blood. He turned and glared at Rin who was staring with tear filled eyes. "You should have kept him out of this…now you got him killed." He had expected Rin to drop to her knees and cry, maybe to even flee the room after the fallen boy. He didn't expect what came next. He had dropped his head to cough up blood and didn't take heed of the scornful woman's actions.

Rin picked up the `club' that Sesshoumaru had dropped, trembling with anger. She turned to Naraku, who was positioned on his hands and knees and swung the club like a professional golfer. "Bastard!" The club connected with Naraku's chest, hurling him through the broken door into the middle of the library's deck. Rin chased the flying form out of the room, tears streaming down her face. `if Sesshoumaru is dead…if he killed him…' Naraku landed with a sickening thud next to the railing that he had cornered Rin at. Rin ran at him, still clenching the wooden weapon, and swung at him again. "Just die!" Naraku's eyes widened before she connected with his head, sending him through the wooden railing and plummeting downward onto a table, which collapsed under his weight. He coughed up more blood then his eyes closed with a loud groan.

People screamed and glared at the body of the boy who had just fallen. All turned to see Rin holding onto the club for dear life, looking over the edge. Instantly the room was in a sheer panic. Rin's mouth went dry as people began to point to her, as the librarian got onto the phone, and as some approached to see in Naraku was alive. Her eyes widened as the club slipped from her hands. `Sesshoumaru!' She felt the searing pain of her wrist but had still managed to use it to get her revenge. She ran towards the steps and fled down them, her mind focusing on her intent on reaching the boy who had saved her life. `I need to get to him! Please, Kami, please let him be alive!' Rin reached the bottom of the steps as two security guards burst through the door. People instantly pointed towards her and her heart felt like it was about to explode out of her chest. She couldn't hear that they were saying, all she heard was her own racing heart and a voice screaming in her mind, `find Sesshoumaru!'. She watched the two men block the end of the stair well and she altered her course. Placing her two hands on the railing, she flung herself over the side of it, like a professional vaulter, and ran out the library door, eluding the two men for the time being. She ran through the hallway and into the steps that led to the ground floor. She could hear the guards in pursuit but wasn't worried about them. `he saved me…he saved me and it might of cost Sesshoumaru his life!' She fled past five other security guards who were dragging what seemed to be an unconscious Kouga, who was covered in blood, and a very volatile InuYasha. She heard her name slip from the half demon's lips as she ran by, and heard somewhere behind her someone scream, "stop that girl!"

"InuYasha…Sesshoumaru's hurt!" she didn't look over to see if he heard her, she knew he did. She continued running down the hallway towards the courtyard.

InuYasha glared at the fleeing girl, her words registering in his mind. `Bastard had to go and get into his own fight, I see.' He growled as he assessed his situation. One large guard was holding one of his hands; the other was holding his other hand. it had taken six of them to restrain him and three of them to drag him from the cafeteria. `I don't want to hurt him but…' he sighed, `my brother needs me!' With a grunt, he pulled his arms together, bringing the two security guards hurtling face first together, colliding with a sickening crack. The third guard on his left started to pull his nightstick, which had already hurt the hanyou. `Damn them and that fuckin metal stick!' that's how they got him to the ground; they took him out at the knees. InuYasha turned and kicked the guard in the stomach, and uppercut him to his jaw sending the boy backwards into the wall. "Sorry, old man, but I'm out of here!" when the other two guards, who were holding Kouga saw this, they were awe-struck. InuYasha didn't wait for them to do anything; he took off running after the girl. He was next to her in a second. "Where is he?"

Rin pointed to the doors in front of them. InuYasha connected with the metal, shoulder first, and they ran outside. Sesshoumaru was lying in the middle courtyard of the school in a circle of glass and blood. Rin nearly toppled over her eyes wide and scared. InuYasha swallowed hard and fell to his brother's side, instantly putting his fingers against Sesshoumaru's neck. He held his breath as he listened for a pulse. Sighing in relief, he sat back onto his ass as his eyes took in the sight. Sesshoumaru was alive, hardly but still alive; his wounds would heal. InuYasha took a deep breath and turned slowly to glare at Rin who was still a few feet back, tears streaming down her face. "he's alive…" he let out a sigh and narrowed his eyes. `Someone did this to him…someone who's gonna die!' jumping to his feet, he stalked three feet towards Rin. Grabbing her by her shoulders, he shook her once. "Who did this Rin?"

Rin gasped and tried to speak. She turned to look up at the window of the library then back at InuYasha. "They're coming…they…"

At that moment, the door behind the two slammed open and five armed cops and Principal Kaede ran out of the building. The cops immediately grabbed InuYasha as well as Rin. Turning quickly, two of the guards slammed InuYasha into the brick building, forcing his arms and legs apart. The other two guards were a little less hostile with Rin but still aggressive. Kaede glared at the two then her eyes fell upon the form of Sesshoumaru. "Stop!" the four cops paused in their spot and turned to stare at the principal. One cop was already next to Sesshoumaru, taking his pulse. "he's alive…"

Kaede was next to him in a moment, stooping over his body.

Rin struggled against the two guards and called out, "Mrs. Kaede…please…Sesshoumaru was thrown out the library window by Naraku…I tried to protect him!"

Kaede turned slowly to stare at Rin then glared up at the window. She turned to two of the cops, "go see if Naraku is okay then I want him in my office. Something is wrong here and I want answers."

InuYasha called out over his shoulder, slightly muffled from eating bricks. "Hag, I need to get my brother home! I had nothing to do with this shit…"

Kaede narrowed her eyes as she approached InuYasha. She nodded to the guards who let him go but did not uncuff him. "InuYasha…you may not be involved in this incident but you did send Kouga to the hospital…" InuYasha let out a low laugh and Kaede frowned. "Do not laugh, child, his wounds were sever."

Rin pulled against her cuffs, her breath shallow in her chest. "Please, Kaede, please… I need to be next to Sesshoumaru…he saved me…please."

Kaede nodded once and the cops reluctantly removed the cuffs. Rin immediately fled to the fallen boys side and fell to her knees. She wrapped her arms over her chest and began to sob. "I'm sorry…I'm so sorry…I should have listened!" She turned her head towards Kaede. "please, please headmaster…let InuYasha bring him home…please."

Kaede turned slowly to InuYasha, her eyes staring at him. "I am not pleased on your actions in the cafeteria. I should charge you with assault!"

InuYasha sneered and rolled his eyes. "Look, old woman, wolf shit had it coming! He stuck his snot where it didn't belong!"

Kaede sighed and shook her head. "boy…take the next three days to think about what you did. When you get back on Thursday, we'll have a long talk about it. in the mean time, we're gonna call another ambulance for your brother."

Rin looked down to see Sesshoumaru staring at her through pain filled amber eyes. "Rin...no…. doctors." He let out a long sigh before closing his eyes again. Her eyes lit up and she quickly glared at the others. Her voice was shaky and she was on the brink of tears. "No! He doesn't want doctors…please…he's asking not to."

Kaede was by her side in a moment, staring down at the once again unconscious boy. She glared from the boy to the girl who was draped over his body. "Rin…for the school's protection…"

Rin glared up at the woman, fury burning in her eyes as the tears streaked her pale cheeks. "He said no!"

Kaede took a step back and sighed. "Fine, I release him on his word and yours."

A cop behind her shuffled his foot in the dirt and called out the woman timidly. "Uhh…headmaster Kaede, we really need to call an ambulance. Its protocol…and we need to arrest the people who did this."

InuYasha scoffed and called out, "go ahead, I'm sure you'll need one if Naraku is really in the situation I think he is!"

Kaede sighed and nodded to the guards. "Uncuff InuYasha, we need to find the other boy."

The four cops glared at woman as if she was crazy. "Ma'am, he attacked someone…. And he also took out four security guards…. shouldn't you…"

Kaede stormed by the cops glaring at them as she walked, "come this way to find Onigumo Naraku."

The cops nearly jumped at the name and quickly pulled the cuffs off of InuYasha, glaring back at the unconscious boy. As they walked through the glass doors, the one that was holding InuYasha muttered to the other, "I'm sure Diegosan will want to know about this."

InuYasha glared back at the cops, anger surging in his eyes. He had half a mind to go after them, to put them in their place.

Somewhere behind him a desperate voice called to him, "InuYasha, please…we have to get him somewhere safe!"

InuYasha glared over his shoulder and saw Rin's pleading face. With a sigh, he stormed to her side. "Come on," he said while draping his arm under his brother's arm. He lifted his brother up with a grunt, his strength not half of its normal level. He groaned as he slowly began to drag Sesshoumaru off towards the parking lot. "Naraku is going to pay through the nose for this one…he's gonna regret crossing our path."

Rin didn't hear Inuyasha's words; her entire being was concentrated on the boy who was being dragged. `if hadn't of….if Sesshoumaru didn't come when he did…I could have been dead. Naraku would have killed me!' she felt tears being again to pull at her eyes. `Oh Sesshoumaru…I'm so sorry…'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Kagome sighed as the cheerleaders took a five-minute break from their work out. She was worried; Rin was not in chorus nor was she at practice. What made matters worse was that neither was InuYasha. `I don't care if that pig gets hit by a car and dies but if something happened to Rin…' She tied her white sneakers as she watched the football players have a much safer practice without the white haired menace running around. `He's such an asshole…I can't believe that he…' she shook her head as she felt tears pulling at her eyes, `I will not cry over him. I will not! He bet Kouga that he would sleep with me in a week…that's the only reason he took me out. He didn't even deny it…he didn't even fight for Me.' she sighed as she tapped her fingers against the green blades of grass. `He didn't know me at the time? What a load of shit. That has to be the lamest excuse I ever heard. I knew what he was…. what type of guy he was…. and I still gave him half a chance. I still let him in….i still allowed him touch me. I almost…' she shivered involuntarily as a cold wind picked up around the field. She let out a very trembling sigh as she wrapped her arms around her. `Why…why did he do it? I really thought…' her eyes fell upon the form of Miroku walking through the parking lot looking very perplexed. She jumped to her feet in an instant and began running towards him. `Maybe he'll know what happened to Rin.' "Miroku!"

Miroku was in his own little world. He had spent the last hour watching Sango practice for field hockey until he got a call from InuYasha. The message had been very brief, and that was what worried him. `Sesshoumaru's hurt…bad. Naraku attacked Rin and Sessh stepped in. Naraku's somewhere around the club. I'm going to find him and I'm gonna rip his fuckin heart out. Come over so you can watch Rin.' He hadn't said goodbye, he didn't wait for Miroku to say anything, and he simply hung up. Now he had been forced to pry himself from watching the love of his life to baby-sit. He heard his name being shouted and turned to find Kagome barreling towards him. "Kagome?" `Christ, she probably doesn't know a damn thing about what's happened?' he frowned as he remembered her and the hanyou's predicament. `I told InuYasha not to be an ass…now that he actually cares he's done. She'll never forgive him.'

She paused in front of him, resting a hand on the silver car in front of her. "Miroku…where's…InuYasha…" she blinked for a moment, her face turning slightly red, "I mean Rin." She panted, shortly out of breath from running.

Miroku contained his smile this time with things looking rather serious. "Rin is at Inuyasha's…I don't know the full details so I am reluctant to say what happened. InuYasha is also at his home because he was suspended…"

Kagome's eyes darkened at the sound of his name and crossed her arms. "I don't care if he was…the bastard deserves it!"

Miroku sighed and leaned against his car. "Kagome…he…. InuYasha didn't mean…" he sighed to the fact that there was little defense he could give his friends course of actions. "He really likes you, Kagome, honestly. Don't tell him I told you cause he really would kill me, but your all he talks about. When its not you that he's blabbering on about, its ranting about his brother."

Kagome's face lightened a little at that but she still looked very angry. "I can't believe that he would make a bet like that! Why…why would he do such a thing?"

Miroku sighed and held out his hands. "Look, Kouga had approached InuYasha about staying away from you after the first day in gym class, he told Kouga since you weren't attached to anyone he was gonna see that you were with him, he never said anything about sleeping with you, by the end of the week. Kouga asked him to put money where his mouth was and InuYasha didn't seem to thrilled. Kouga said if Yash won, he would stay away from you. InuYasha liked the idea of that and agreed…Kouga added in the phrase `claimed you' to the bet."

Kagome blinked once and sighed. "Damn Kouga…that would explain why he was randomly hanging out with Souta." She shook her head again, "did InuYasha speak up about the claiming part of the deal?"

Miroku sighed and ran a hand through his black hair. "No…he didn't. I tried to warn him not to do it…I told him that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned but he didn't listen to me."

Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed. "So why was he suspended today?"

Miroku gave her a small grin and shrugged, "he wasn't just gonna let Kouga get away with being an asshole. Look, InuYasha told him today during gym that he didn't want the bet anymore cause he didn't want to bet over you. He really didn't…. he just wanted to get to know you without the pressure."

Kagome smiled for a moment then a sudden look of very set determination crossed her face. "Look, I don't care about that asshole, he could drop dead for all it matters. But I want to know what's wrong with Rin…" she glanced over her shoulder at the gathering teens waiting on their leader. "Let me dismiss my girls and grab my book bag and I'll follow you back to Sesshoumarus."

Miroku nodded and the girl bounced off back to her class. Sighing he shook his head, `InuYasha really fucked up…he'll be lucky if she talks to him again. I see it on her face and in her eyes; she's hurt about what happened. Inu was wrong for making the bet and I knew it was gonna slap him in the face eventually. I don't think Kouga realized how much he was begging for death though talking to Kagome about it.' Kouga had been transported to a hospital shortly after being suspended for three days. He had heard from Ginta, one of Kouga's little followers, that he had a dislocated jaw, shattered eye socket and a broken nose…. the nose injury being from Sesshoumaru…. and for a demon that was bad. He was released with little treatment; his wounds would heal after a few weeks. Sesshoumaru was the one Miroku was worried about. For a demon by the likes of Sesshoumaru to fall, it had to be bad. It had to be really bad though for InuYasha to worry like he was. Miroku shook his head again as Kagome ran back to him, her eyes kind of glazed over. `She's worried…. for her friend or for InuYasha, I'm not sure.' He gave her a small reassuring smile, "don't worry Kagome, this will all be fine." `I can't tell her InuYasha is out there right now looking for Naraku…she'll flip. Whether she still has feelings for the bastard or not, she'll get worked up then I get to hear about.' he frowned at the thought of his friend being the vindictive cowboy that he was. `he's gonna get himself killed.'

Kagome wasn't reassured but smiled regardless, "I know…now I don't quite remember how to get there so I'll follow you."

Miroku nodded and got into his car. He was about to shut the door when he stuck his head out and called to the girl across the parking lot. "Try to keep up, Kagome, we need to move."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Rin had sat by Sesshoumaru for a long time before realizing that the demon had a lot of dried blood on him. InuYasha had dragged the boy to his room before patting Rin on the shoulder saying he would take care of it and walking out. She wanted to argue with InuYasha ….she didn't want another person to fall for her problems, her mistakes. But Sesshoumaru needed her….he was hurt directly because of her. InuYasha would strike in vengeance for his brother…right now she was not about to stop him. she would have attacked if she could have but she had no power behind her. She walked into the bathroom that was right outside of Sesshoumaru's door…the bathroom that she had run into him at. She brought her hand up to her cheek where she was bruised, remembering the gently touch of his hand. Tears welled in her eyes as she grabbed a washcloth and ran it under hot water. `Its my fault he's injured…if we hadn't of fought then Naraku would never have grabbed me when he did…maybe he wouldn't have gotten hurt.' She sighed and wrung out the washcloth and returned to the demon's room. It was a very elegant room…plain but regal. The walls were a light shade of beige with gold molding. He had a desk with a computer and television, a small black leather couch with a bookshelf, and his dresser and bed were all a beautiful dark oak color. She sat down next to Sesshoumaru and gently wiped a small cut on his cheek that was surrounded by blood. He moved slightly under her touch but remained passive. She felt tears running down her cheeks, unaware of when she had begun crying, as she wiped some blood off of his forehead. A single tear landed on Sesshoumaru's cheek from her face and he cracked his eyes open. Rin was too much of in her own world to see this and nearly jumped out of her skin when he brought a hand up to her cheek. He wiped the falling tears away from her cheeks and gave her a small painful smile. "Rin…don't cry."

Rin paused and stared into the demon's eyes, and tried to hold in her tears. "Sesshoumaru…I'm so sorry…I didn't mean…"

Sesshoumaru moved his fingers from her cheeks to her lips, draping one over the two small pieces of red flesh. "Shush…this isn't your fault. Don't be sorry."

Rin gasped as he gently ran his hand from her lips down her cheek. "Sesshoumaru…"

Sesshoumaru sighed and winched in pain, then very slowly wrapped his arm around the girls shoulders and pulled her down so that she was lying on the bed next to him. He pulled her against his chest and closed his eyes. "Just…get some…rest, Rin."

Rin froze as he brought her head onto his chest. She heard his labored breathing return to a very peaceful state and she stretched without moving to see that his eyes were closed. "He's sleeping…"she sighed and threw the cloth she was holding onto the floor. Closing her eyes, she wrapped one arm over his chest and sighed. "I'll stay, Sesshoumaru, until you tell me to go."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

InuYasha peered through the crack in his brother's door to find Rin and Sesshoumaru both asleep next to each other. He felt a sharp pain in his heart as he looked at them. `Kagome…' he sighed and closed the door quietly. `I have a lot of mistakes to atone for once I'm done with this. Kagome will be my first. She….' He gulped as he paused from walked and put his back against the wall. The thought of her being mad at him made his heart ache. `She means a lot to me. It's been a long time since I felt…happy…with someone. Been a damn long time. I won't let her slip away…I annoyed the shit out of her once to go out with me, I can do it again. I'll make her understand…she has to.' He stomped back to his room and pulled a small switchblade out from his dresser. `Kagome and Rin are not safe until Naraku is dealt with. I don't care what the fuck happened, Naraku is going down. He had the gull to fuck with my family…with my friends!' Tucking it into his sock, he grabbed his leather bomber and ran out of the house. `I'll kill Naraku for this…he has it coming!'

He looked around the outside of the house for a moment and grinned wickedly. `Who needs a car?' with a sharp bend of the knees, he began using his demon speed to run out of the gates and towards Abyss, becoming a white blur against the stormy gray sky.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miroku and Kagome pulled up to the house a half an hour later. Jumping from the cars they ran inside to be greeted by an empty house. "Rin!" Miroku spun in a circle calling up the stairs but was greeted by silence. With a sigh, he turned slowly to Kagome, "she might be sleeping…. why don't you check her room, I'll check Sesshoumarus' to see if he's okay."

Kagome nodded and both ran up the steps. She slowly approached the brown door, her mind in a thousand different places. `God Rin, please don't let anything have happened.' She closed her eyes as she opened the girl's door slightly. `If he hurt her again… I'll rip his balls off, I swear to god!' she glanced inside calling out timidly, "Rin?" the room was empty of inhabitants. Kagome sighed and leaned against the door frame. `Rin, where are you? What happened?' she still felt guilty for the past months of not noticing. How did it go by so unnoticed? She had bruises and scratches. Kagome never took a second thought of it when Rin told her she got them from cheerleading or from gym. `I never would have thought…' she closed the door as she backed into the hallway. `never in a thousand years would I have thought she was covering for something like this. Kouga…she seemed happy with that jerk. She cried when they broke up….god, what was she thinking the whole time? Did Kouga know? No…he would have gone after Naraku. She must have been suffering while she was with him. no wonder why she didn't want to have sex with him.' Kagome gasped and brought both hands to her mouth. `she must have been heartbroken more so when Kouga wanted to break it off because she wouldn't' sleep with him. She was already being forced to…dear god…' she shook her head and fought back tears of sorrow for her friend. `Poor Rin…'

"Kagome."

Kagome turned swiftly to find Miroku staring out at her from a room down the hall. She took a moment to compose herself then ran down to him praying that everything was okay. `okay? No…nothing is okay. Nothing will be okay for a long time.' she called from half way down the hallway, "Did you find her?"

Miroku gave her a wide smile and answered quietly, "I found both of them."

Kagome gave him a blank stare and peeked into the room. The two were sound asleep on the bed together, Rin wrapped around Sesshoumaru's body and his arms around her. The demon had looked better…blood matted his beautiful white hair and he was pretty scratched up, but he was alive. And he was…smiling? Kagome backed out quietly, her eyes wide like saucers. She shut the door silently and turned around the face Miroku. "What…. are they…have they…. what is going on?"

Miroku shrugged and answered, "I guess they are comfortable." He laughed as Kagome narrowed her eyes at his insinuation. He held up both hands in front of his body and quickly added, "At least they are okay."

Kagome wrapped her arms around her body and shrugged. "Rin didn't look hurt …at lest on the outside. Sesshoumaru had to be in a bad fight to be that messed up."

Miroku scoffed and answered with a laugh, "yeah, though I would hate to see how the other guy is faring. No one can hit Sesshoumaru and get away with it. Naraku's head had to have been severed from his body."

Kagome winched at the name. "Do you think it was Naraku?"

Miroku raised an eyebrow and stared at her. Sarcastically he asked with a bit of a snap, "What do you think?" Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair and softened his tone. "Of course it was. Sesshoumaru made an appearance after taking Rin to the library after you left, right after InuYasha kicked Kouga's ass. He tried to pull InuYasha off of Kouga but ended up knocking Kouga out when Kouga mistakenly attacked him. Then he was gone when security showed up. All of this had to have happened after that…Sesshoumaru must have returned to a scene he didn't' like. Besides, InuYasha gave me the heads up on the story."

Kagome sighed while walking back down the steps towards the basement with Miroku in tote. "That means that Rin was left alone…." she sighed and didn't want to ask nor really know what happened. She could guess…. it would have been evident as to what happened. Sesshoumaru must have walked in on Rin being molested. `I hope he didn't…I mean…I hope Sesshoumaru got there in time. What matters is that they are both alive. Sesshoumaru must have stood up for Rin…I really hope he kicked Naraku's ass!' She paused by the front door, her eyes focused on Miroku. "You said you talked to InuYasha…where is he?"

Miroku nodded and glanced around the house. "I don't know where he went. He told me he wanted me to come over and watch Rin. He must have…" his voice trailed off as his eyes widened. InuYasha had mentioned going after Naraku but Miroku thought he was full of it. Suddenly he was not to sure. "If he went after Naraku…"

Kagome met his glare and froze. "Naraku was taken to the hospital…I saw an ambulance that appeared after the cops came in. I'm sure Naraku's dad is with him…InuYasha can't take on Diegosan…" she tried to keep calm but her heart was beginning to pound. `He's a jerk but if he gets hurt…he's helping Rin because of me….' She turned to stare at Miroku, "we have to find him!"

Miroku shoved away all the statements he wanted to quote her on…. ask her why she cared but what mattered to him is that his friend…his best friend…was out there somewhere probably getting his ass kicked. He nodded in agreement and the two fled to the door of the house and jumped into Miroku's Ferrari. Flooring it, the two sped away from the mansion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha sat on the awning across from Abyss, his eyes glowing with anger. `I can smell Naraku's blood…he's in there all right.' He turned his attention towards the two guards at the door of the club. `They won't pose a threat!' he sneered as a drop of rain assaulted his nose. `Son of a bitch, of all the fuckin days, it has to rain today.' He shook his head and jumped from the awning of the one door to Abyss's awning, unknown to either of the two guards who stood beneath him. With a sly smirk, he brandished his claws and sliced clear through the thick material and landed soundlessly behind the two men. He brought his right leg behind him and launched a round house at the first guard, knocking him clear into the street. Turning with awing speed, he caught the second guard with a strong punch to his jaw bone and following through with a second punch to the guys left cheek, sending him hurtling into the bushes. Rubbing his hands together, InuYasha grinned and walked silently into the club, keeping his eyes open for security cameras. What he missed was the outside camera.

Getting inside, InuYasha entered the empty clubroom and glared about. He could see a light beaming from beneath the red door upstairs. He growled as he took a few steps towards the door. Suddenly five men poured in behind him into the dark room, and six appeared as if from nowhere. InuYasha jumped back and sneered at the men. Anger surged though his blood and diluted his mind. "If you value your lives, get out of my way!"

A voice called from behind him on the iron stairwell, "Hanyou, you would be wise to surrender now."

Turning on his heels, InuYasha found Diegosan staring at him in disgust. "I have no qualms with you, old man, but your son is in deep shit!"

Diegosan's eyes darkened as he bellowed out, "my son was nearly killed today by your pathetic brother!"

InuYasha scoffed and narrowed his eyes, "your son had it coming. He's been raping a helpless girl!"

Diegosan's eyes opened with amusement. "So the bitch finally told someone? It doesn't matter, she's my son's property to do with as he likes. No slave can be raped if it is her occupation to be that. she's what you would call…"

InuYasha stared at the man in shock, his eyes filled with hatred. He cut the man off before he could say anymore to piss off the hanyou. "What the fuck is the matter with you? Are you that fuckin ignorant? Rin is not his property…"

Diegosan straightened his back and tilted his head, "actually she is…her father gave her to me along with his company. All for the price of ones head, I presume. He was given an ultimatum; surrender both his daughter and his company or die. He chose life. I only keep him in other countries on `business' because he doesn't want to see the look on Rin's face…see the bruises on her body. He knows what my son is doing to her and he chooses to look the other way."

InuYasha balled his fists at his side. "You bastard!" InuYasha felt his eyes beginning to bleed red. How dare this fucker say such things about Rin? Who was he to choose someone's destiny? Rin had never hurt anyone in her life…why destroy such an innocent girl?

Diegosan pulled back and stared at the boy in mock surprise. "Funny for you to call me a bastard, InuYasha. Was it not you who grew up without a father? Wasn't he murdered when you were but a child? I'm sure that he wouldn't have wanted to see you as you are now anyway, pathetic and weak. Your worthless, hanyou, both you and your bastard brother are worthless. Both of you deserve to be put out of your misery. You two made a mistake getting involved with me…I'll see you both to your graves. Then I'll make sure those little bitches you hang around follow just as quickly."

InuYasha snapped. With a deep growl, he lunged at the guards in front of him. He took the first two out, possibly fatally, with his claws. He turned and kicked another in the head and punched the one closest. Two grabbed him from behind and tired to hold him. Throwing his weight backwards then abruptly forwards, InuYasha managed to off balance the two guards and hurl one over his head. He used his free arm to grab the scruff of the neck of the other guard holding him and hurled him forward, sending him to the floor. He brought the heel of his foot down on the same guards chest, ending the guards squirming. He turned to the remaining five and cracked his knuckles. Four charged him, two successfully tackling him to the floor. A third jumped onto the hanyou's chest and began punching him in the face and chest, trying to black out the hanyou. InuYasha struggled against the two holding his arms and felt himself fading. With a very deep growl, he brought his leg up and caught the man on his chest in the small of his back with his knee. The man fell forward and InuYasha thrust his body to his right, throwing the guard off of his body. Suddenly a jolt of very familiar searing pain shot through the hanyou's back left shoulder blade. He could smell burning flesh and threw himself onto his back, trying to escape the torture. He used his free hand to grab the tazer out of the offender's hand and tap the guy holding down his right hand. Before he could connect it with the man's skin, someone grabbed his hand and pulled it down to the ground, ridding him of the weapon. He glared up to only find a fist connecting with his face. He felt someone kick him in the ribs again and again and felt the bones beginning to give way in his body. Then with a flash of bright white light, he painfully began to black out as a boot connected with his head. As he was fading into the dark, he heard somewhere from behind him a voice call out, "bring him to the loading dock. If Sesshoumaru wants to attack my family, I'll kill his. I'm sure his brother's body will make him think twice before getting involved."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A giant thank you to all those who have reviewed. It really means a lot to get feedback on my writing. It gives me the strength to neglect my schoolwork and publisher and write more fan fiction. Some answers and comments to those who have responded (again, thank you all).

Evangelion842- I don't plan on Kagome giving in to the baka any time soon. Though she was tempted at one point, lost in the moment, she won't be that quick to repeat mistakes.

Kagome Fan- I am a serious non-condoner of drugs and stuff myself, please everyone, believe me on that. I really am against the whole thought of hiding behind something. That's why they are in the story though, for InuYasha to have something to hide behind and learn his mistakes from.

Nightstarangel, Xfiledino and auoroa17- thank you so much for the kind words. This is what a writer waits for, just a few inspiring words to rekindle the fire. Thank you.

Modra- wow, this has to be the single most inspiring review I've gotten in a long time. yes, Kouga stuck his snot in where it didn't belong and got his ass handed to him for it. Naraku, Kikyo and Kouga will be back to bring more issues and complications, but all will similarly get their Asses handed to them as well…again….

Scherezade- I appreciate the honesty of your review and it made me reflect back to see if I really destroyed any part of the characters. Thank you for reminding me where this began and who these people really are (or for that matter who they aren't). it helped me find a lot of centers for these characters again that I seemed to blur slightly to the left. As for Inu, you're right, he's a jerk. I took the character that he was in the show with the complications that he mentally had with life and personified them to fit into today's time. with the desensitizing that the media has had on today's kids, to find something that was horrendous enough to sink InuYasha into this pit that he struggles to pull himself out of in the story; it had to be bad. as for the rapes, your right, there are a lot of victims of this atrocity. There will be no more rapes. Naraku has officially been neutered. LOL. Your foreshadowed correctly for what is to come but the success of that mission will be hinged on one VERY PISSED OFF hanyou. So no, there shall be no more rapes. I hope the story has not discouraged you from continuing to read. I really realy appreciated the honesty of your review and beg of you to keep me informed of your opinion.

All reviews (flames and all) are always welcomes as long as they are in good taste and actually have a logical point behind them. thank you