InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Stay ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 21 ~<>~ Stay

 

Rin shut the door behind Kagome, grimacing at the fact that she just left a very naked Sesshoumaru in the bathroom waiting for her. She sighed before turning to stare at her friend, trying to make her best attempt known that she was concerned. "What happened?"

Kagome gave Rin a hard stare but slowly shook her head, moving on regardless. "InuYasha took off after dropping you and Sesshoumaru off here to take revenge on Naraku. He went looking for him…. to Abyss."

Rin's heart skipped a beat as her jaw fell open. "Abyss?" Rin clenched her hand as she tried to grasp what Kagome had just said. "Diegosan would kill him…" she gasped and took a step towards Kagome, fearing what she had to say. "Kagome…is InuYasha…"

Kagome closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. "He's fine Rin…at least he will be. He was hurt pretty badly…. no one is really sure what happened."

Rin held a hand to her mouth and tried to comprehend what was being said. "If InuYasha lived after a confrontation with Diegosan…that means…" Rin shook her head once, trying to handle all this bombarding information. `Diegosan would never let someone walk away from a fight. That means if InuYasha is alive, Diegosan is not. But that would leave…' that knowledge made her tremble. "Is Diegosan still alive?"

Kagome chewed on her lip for a moment and gave the girl a small shrug. "I'm not sure…Karron and Surron found InuYasha at the hands of Diegosan. They rescued him…Surron insinuated that he killed Diegosan but both claim that they didn't. I don't know." She narrowed her eyes in confusion as she watched Rin begin to tremble. "Rin…Rin what's the matter?" she took a step towards her friend. "what is it?"

Rin wrapped her arms around her body and turned away from Kagome. "if Diegosan is dead…then Naraku is in control of the dragons." She sucked in a deep breath as she felt tears well in her eyes. "Kagome…Naraku is far worse a foe then Diegosan…. Diegosan had some type of morals, even though they were dirty and slimy; he still managed to hold onto a small piece of respect. Naraku is pure evil; he'd sooner kill someone then look at them. If it is true…then…" she let out a deep sigh as she felt a tear begin to roll down her cheek. `Dad…'

The door to Rin's room nearly broke off its hinges as it flew open, slamming against the wall hard enough to shake the house. Kagome felt blindsided as a figure brushed past her with speed she had never seen before. What she saw next made her blood freeze. "Ey?" Kagome's eyes widened as her vision assimilated what she saw before her. A figure was wrapped around Rin, pressing her into its chest. Her first thought overtook her mind. `Naraku! How did he…wait…. wait one damned minute…Naraku doesn't have…' Kagome's eyes popped open as she stared the scene before her. `Naraku doesn't have silver hair!'

Rin felt a short breeze skid by her and suddenly found herself being pulled into a warm and welcoming embrace. She gasped for a moment, until she felt the body's hands press against the small of her back. She gave a small smile as she felt a finger trace her cheek, wiping away the tear that had escaped. `Sesshoumaru.' With a small sigh, she leaned her head into his chest. She wanted to sob…she wanted to cry. Her father…her father was probably dead by now. Naraku would have wasted no time in ripping apart her life. Now that he had ultimate control of one of the worst crime syndicates to infest the world, it would not stop here. No, he would extract his vengeance ten fold on Rin and on InuYasha. Her eyes widened as she stared up into the worried golden pools. She glanced over his body once, praying to god that he was dressed. Her wish was answered as she found him in a pair of loose white sweats and a white tee shirt. She sighed again and rekindled their gaze. "Diegosan might be dead."

Kagome stared at the sight before her. `Sesshoumaru showed up out of nowhere, barging in here as if we were being attacked! But…why is he holding Rin like that? why is he…' Kagome cleared her throat but the entwined pair did not hear her. "Excuse me…I was talking to her!"

Sesshoumaru cast the annoying human standing in the doorway a long glare out of the corner of his eyes. He gazed back down at Rin who had just delivered news that he wasn't quite sure how to take. "We need to be sure, Rin." With a long sigh, Sesshoumaru pulled away from his warm embrace with the girl that made his blood boil. "Stay low tonight," he turned his head slowly and glared at Kagome, "that means you too. Both of you…stay inside. I'll tell the lecher the same thing."

Rin licked her lips slowly and took a deep breath, "Sesshoumaru…. InuYasha is hurt."

Sesshoumaru's eyes took in the words with little shock. He slowly shook his head and sneered, "that half breed is always getting into trouble."

Kagome stared from Rin to Sesshoumaru back to Rin a few times, trying to comprehend what was going on. "Uhh…if InuYasha has anything to do with Deigosan's downfall, then shouldn't we be worried about them coming after us? I mean, both you and InuYasha are strong and all, Sesshoumaru…but you are both also hurt. Don't they know this?"

Sesshoumaru gazed at Kagome as if she had spoken another language. He turned to look at Rin and his expression changed. Rin could sense the worry radiating off the boy in waves. He stared at her with a very defiant expression. "Naraku would be a fool to come here tonight. All he would find would be a quick death. Let him try to hurt us."

Rin took a step towards Sesshoumaru and gave him a small smile. "Sesshoumaru, your still hurt." Her eyes sparkled in their secret…he wasn't `that' hurt after all…but still was healing. "Look…maybe Kagome's right…maybe we should `lie low' in a place other then for here." She gave Sesshoumaru a gaze daring him to speak in third person again. `If he does it, I swear to god I'll pop him one!'

Sesshoumaru cocked his head to his right shoulder as he smirked at Rin's daunting expression. "I shall not flee." He raised an eyebrow and gave Rin a very quick smile. Turing around the face Kagome, his face was set like stone again. "Go to bed, the night may hold a few surprises yet."

Kagome gasped as the demon stormed past her. Turning to slowly trail after him, she called out, "that's it? You expect us to sleep after basically telling us they might kill us in our sleep? How can you expect me to just lie in bed and wait?"

Sesshoumaru paused in mid step, smiling with his back to the human. "Then spend the night with the baka upstairs. He'll be good for one thing at least…" he heard Kagome gasp and could sense the redness to her cheeks. He took another step and finished his sentence, "and I am not referring to protecting you." he left the girl gawking at him in anger as he walked down to his room and slammed the door behind him.

Rin popped her head out of her door as she stared at the girl in the hallway. She tired not to laugh…she tried but failed. "Kagome…go to bed. We'll be fine."

Kagome turned on her heels, fury blazing in her eyes. "How can you just sit there after he made me sound like a whore?" Kagome blinked once, then again. Slowly, her anger cooled as she gazed into her friend's awestruck eyes. Rin seemed to be on a different reality plane…she looked…ecstatic? Had she not heard anything Kagome had told her? Was she not worried about her life? Rin had a very glazed over shinning look in her eyes…like she had a secret that she wanted to share with the world. Kagome put her hands on her hips, the memory of Sesshoumaru's sudden appearance pulling at her mind. "Rin, what the heck was that? Why did Sesshoumaru suddenly appear…and why was he embracing you?" her eyes widened as the words left her mouth. Her voice rose to a high-pitched squeal. "What aren't you telling me?" she gasped. "What happened between you two?"

Rin gasped and pulled back inside her room, slamming her door shut. Locking the door tightly, Rin turned and slid down the wooden surface slowly, her face burning red. `oh God…oh God…' she knew the danger that awaited them but she couldn't get the thought of Sesshoumaru out of her mind. `I've been in danger by Naraku half of my life but now that the threat is real…I can't even think about it. All I see is Sesshoumaru…and I mean all of Sesshoumaru. He's perfect…he…he ran in here thinking I was in danger. No…he didn't have a weapon on him. He knew I was hurt…he embraced me to sooth me.' Rin giggled lightly as she brought a cold hand to her hot face. `He wanted to comfort me…he nearly broke my door trying to do so.' She closed her eyes and smiled. `Sesshoumaru…my Sesshoumaru.'

Kagome banged on the door a few times, screaming into the room. "Rin, get your ass out here, now! You have so much explaining to do! Girl, I know you're in there!" Kagome made a face and tapped her foot impatiently. After what felt like ten minutes, she sighed and shook her head. "I'm going to find out Rin…and if I find out what your not telling me is good, I'm going to be very cross." The silence was deafening. Kagome huffed out a sigh and turned on her heels retreating back upstairs to Inuyasha's room. She quietly opened the door and peaked in on the hanyou. With a sigh, she entered the room, efficiently closing the door behind her. She walked slowly to the boy's bed and sat down beside his slumbering form. She frowned as she gently traced a cut that ran down the hanyou's cheek. "What happened to you out there, InuYasha?"

When Karron had brought the two up to see the Hanyou, Kagome was sure that he was dead. There was so much blood…so much. Inuyasha's eyes seemed so lifeless…he seemed so dead. Kagome felt tears spring to her eyes as she pushed past Miroku and Karron who stood in the small doorway. He was draped over a small cot…a prison would have had a better bed then what he was on. Kagome ran to him as if her life depended on it. She dropped to her knees by his side and had grabbed his hand, begging to feel a pulse running through his veins. When she did, she tried to stifle her tears. The effort was in vein. Somewhere in loosing herself, she felt Miroku's hand on her shoulder easing her up. She felt herself being led out of the compound. When she finally had come to her senses, Miroku had pulled into Inuyasha's driveway. The fact was InuYasha looked like hell. His hair was matted with blood, as were his clothes. His breath was shallow and it looked as if half of his teeth had been knocked out of his mouth. His eyes were both swollen shut and his right kneecap was swelled horribly. He also had a nasty contusion to the right side of his head, which accounted for most of the spilt blood. The skin on his back right shoulder seemed as if someone had held a lighter to it. Miroku had struggled to carry InuYasha upstairs and Kagome wasn't much help. But they managed to get him into his bed.

Now Kagome sat next to the boy who she wanted more then anything to despise...wanted more then anything to hate. But the anger, the animosity…it left her when her eyes fell upon his body. She nearly lost him…he nearly died. `What does it mean, I nearly lost him?' she ran her hand through his beautiful tresses and sighed sadly. `I can't hate him…I just can't. Sure I can pretend to, and I'm going to do my hardest to stay angry…but hate? No…I can't. What he did was wrong and he'll understand that by time I'm done with him.' she sighed again. `But he's so…he is…beautiful. He looks so peaceful when he's resting…if he could only be like that in person.' She shook her head. `No…I think I like what makes him InuYasha. If he wasn't the rude, cocky, arrogant son of a bitch that he was, then I don't think I would have been attracted to him…I would have given up. No, I like him for who he really is.'

Kagome noticed the rosary that sat around the boy's neck. It was the only thing unscathed in the fight. She wrapped her fingers around the red beads and gasped as they glowed slightly. She slowly removed them from his neck so that the odd fangs that hung from them wouldn't mark his neck. She gasped as she lifted them over his head. In a dream like haze, the boy's true form was revealed. Kagome's eyes widened as two ears became visible on the top of his head and his fingernails grew into claws. Two tiny indents also appeared on the sides of his lips. Kagome sucked in a deep breath as she placed the rosary on the dresser. Returning to sit next to the boy, she stared at his true form. `So I was right.' She had begun to suspect that something was amiss about the boy from the first day she saw him at school. Sure, his brother was proudly a Youkai but InuYasha seemed to want nothing to do with that heritage. She had thought for a moment that he was adopted…or something along those lines. But his strength…his movement, she knew that he had some type of demon blood…but this? She felt a smile form on her lips. `This is to cute.' she reached out timidly and placed her fingers on his ears. `Wow…' she rubbed the soft fuzz covered ear gently, staring at his face. He groaned slightly and she nearly screamed as his ear twitched in her hand. She pulled back as InuYasha opened his amber eyes slightly to stare out at her. "Inu…InuYasha?"

He closed his eyes and Kagome was almost positive he was going back to sleep. He groaned again and called out, "keh, sneaky bitch, you figured…." He grunted in pain and coughed out the rest, "me out."

Kagome gasped and gently ran a hand over his forehead. "InuYasha…lie still. You were hurt in a fight against Diegosan."

InuYasha closed his eyes and didn't say anything for a moment. Kagome leaned closer to him and gently prodded his shoulder. At that moment, both of his eyes flashed open, well, as wide as they would go with the bruised skin that covered them, and brought both of his hands up to her shoulders. "Come…here." He somehow managed enough strength to pull her down next to him, so that her head was resting on his chest. "Stay…"

Kagome gasped as she felt herself being pulled towards the hanyou. Her head connected with his chest and she could feel him grimace in pain. "InuYasha…" she heard his command but chose to ignore it. "Your hurt…you need…"

InuYasha placed his hand on her back and held her to him. "I need you…please, Kagome…stay."

Kagome would have argued…she wanted to argue…but the problem was that he fell asleep. `Just like that, ey?' she closed her eyes with a small smile. `I can yell at him in the morning.' With a yawn, she soon followed him into darkness.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-wanted to post something before tomorrow. Enjoy and R&R!!