InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Dangerous Love ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 23 ~<>~ dangerous love

 

 

 

Kagome's eyes snapped open with the morning light that poured through the window. She yawned and looked down to find Inuyasha's hands wrapped around her waist. Her eyes narrowed as she pulled out of his grasp. His eyes opened groggily at the loss of warmth in his arms. "Kagome?"

Kagome sat on the edge of the bed, the anger from the previous night returning to her. `I was a fool for staying here.' She sighed and ran a hand over her face. Another feeling tugged at her heart that she refused to acknowledge…that she hated herself for feeling. Love. `Did he really say that he loved me? No, I must have misheard him. InuYasha would never say that…not to Me.' she stood without a word and walked towards the door. A familiar hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. She was turned around quicker then she counted for.

InuYasha was on his feet, his eyes filled with worry and sorrow. He felt Kagome flinch under his touch and he cursed himself. `Damnit, I was praying that we would have been over this. She didn't forget…damnit to hell, she didn't forget.' His hand wrapped around her wrist and pulled her into his chest. Wrapping both arms around her, he sighed, "are you still mad?"

Kagome's eyes darkened at his words and she pulled out of his grasp roughly. "What the hell do you think?" she put a foot's worth of distance between the two before crossing her arms. "After the shit you pulled, your lucky I'm talking to you."

InuYasha ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Kagome…please…. I'm sorry. I told you that. It was stupid, it was dumb…"

Kagome raised an eyebrow and shrugged, "so? You still did it. That's all that matters, Yash."

InuYasha fought down his urge to get into a yelling match over this. "Look, Kags, I'm sorry. I don't want to fight with you over it. I let my mouth flap last night and as I told you, I'm an ass for it."

Kagome clicked her teeth. "An ass? Your more then an ass for this, InuYasha. You've been an ass before…this…this was despicable. Even for you."

InuYasha tried his best to control his burning anger. `This is not going to be pretty.' He held up his hands palm out and managed to say, "What do you mean even for me?" he looked to the floor and shook his hands. "look, its getting late and you need to get to class."

Kagome narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, I do. Look, I'm going home after school today." She swallowed hard, making a final decision. `this is not going to happen again…it was to close. I almost…no….i will not allow myself to fall again. he's degraded me as far as he can. I'm not taking it again. I won't let him lure me into a trap.' She closed her eyes and barely whispered out, "I'll see you in school tomorrow."

Inuyasha's eyes widened. He hadn't spent a day without Kagome for nearly a week. He reached out and snagged her wrist again before she could leave. "Kagome…don't leave angry…don't leave…. please…."

Kagome turned around with a deep sigh. "I don't get a choice anymore Yash, you made that obvious to me last night. I nearly….I almost….I let my guard down and was smacked for it." she let out a deep sigh. "Look, I really just want to go."

InuYasha sighed and pulled her once again into his chest, and cupped her chin in his hand. "Kagome…I'm sorry…I never wanted to hurt you. You should know that. I want to see you get what's best for you…I want you to be happy. I want you to smile like you used to. Can you do that?" he leaned down to kiss her.

Kagome gasped and reared back. Before his lips could come in contact with her, she slapped him hard across his face. "Don't even try it."

InuYasha let go of Kagome as he wheeled back, holding his cheek, staring at her dumbfounded. His anger got the better of him. "What the fuck princess? What the fuck was that?" he was hurting…. his heart was bleeding. Somehow he felt like with that slap she managed to turn him inside out. She knows…she had to have heard me last night when I told her…..she has to know. "Kagome…i…"

Kagome wanted to cry, she had never been this mad in her entire life. It was such an utter feeling that she hated herself for. `I want him to understand…I don't want to hurt him but he needs to know where I'm coming from on this.' She backed up, realizing how angry the hanyou was now. "Don't, Yash….don't say shit you don't mean." She watched his eyes widen and she hated herself for it. Slowly, she turned on her heels, "I'm going Yash…I'll see you around."

InuYasha growled and spit out, "whatever. You know what Kagome, I've tried. Shit, can't say I didn't. For the last god damned time, I'm sorry. But apparently that's not good enough for you. I can't change time, Kagome! If I could, I would. But I mean, shit Kagome, its not like what I did to you was any worse then what you did to me! I leave it in your hands to get over this. So, I give up."

Kagome's mouth went dry as the hanyou snapped the angry words at her. "Fine!"

InuYasha threw his hand towards the door. He felt a familiar snap as he stared at her…. he just stared. "Just go home, Kagome."

Kagome turned on her heels, storming out of the room. She slammed the wooden door as hard as she could, tears beginning to stream down her face. As soon as the door was shut, she slowly slid down it. She sat down on the floor, and banged her head backwards. `What did I do? Why…why did he have to say it? why did he have to tell me he loved me?'

InuYasha stormed to the door when it shut and slammed his hand into the wood,. Feeling the timber splinter beneath his palm, he screamed, "Fucking bitch!" he glared daggers at the door before slamming his hand into it again, pacing god knows how many splinters of wood into his hand. Turning, he let his back rest again the wood as he closed his eyes. `Son of a bitch…how did I fuck this up already?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin turned her head to gaze at the clock. "I got to get up soon." She turned back and nuzzled her face into the smooth chest beneath her, lightly dragging her lips over one chest muscle. Her reward was the two hands that rested on her back tightening.

A very calm voice called out beneath her, "go back to sleep Rin."

Rin giggled and gazed into the face of her love. He had both of his eyes closed but she knew he was awake and very much so alert. Slowly, she grazed her fingers over the two magenta stripes that lined his cheeks. "I can't baby…I got to go to school."

One golden eye slowly opened to gaze down at the girl. A growl rumbled from his chest. "Fuck school."

Rin gasped and playfully hit his arm. "Sesshy, I got to go. You should come with, now that you're well enough to walk around."

Sesshoumaru opened both of his eyes, and gently let his fingers rake over the skin on Rin's back. "I don't want to. What I do want…" Sesshoumaru tightened his grasp on the girl then flipped over to his left, pinning Rin beneath him, "…is to lie here for the rest of eternity with you." he gently ran a hand down her cheek, staring intensely into her eyes. He wanted to memorize exactly what she looked like…how she felt…how she tasted. He wanted to know every inch of her body…of her soul. He traced her lips with his finger as he felt a smile skim across his lips.

Rin opened her mouth to retaliate but was stopped by his lips crashing down onto hers. When he pulled back, she was gasping for air. "Sesshoumaru, come on. I'm going to go get Kagome and you can take a shower." Her gray eyes met his and she felt a very familiar burning need tugging at her heart, at her essence. She had to restrain herself from jumping on Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru gave Rin a small smile. "I do not think you're in a position to be dictating to me, Rin." He kissed her again, a little more fiercely. When he pulled back, the girl was glaring at him. The look in her eyes made something inside of his shiver, though he would never admit it. it was a glare that he was sure could have made him take her without a second thought. With a sigh of defeat, he rolled off the girl. "Fine, Rin…I give in."

Rin sat up, turning over her right shoulder to drape herself across his chest, giving him a small kiss. "I know. I always win, Sesshoumaru. Know that now," she laughed when he tried to grab her. She pulled away from the boy and stood up. She walked to the door and went to open it.

Sesshoumaru was behind her in a second. His hands wrapped around her waist and he lifted her from the ground. Using his strength, he quickly turned to girl to face him and slammed her back gently into the door. His lips covered any attempt for her to yell at him. He heard her gasp into his mouth and he took the instant to shove his tongue into her mouth and nearly down her throat. After a very hard lust filled kiss, he set the girl back on her feet, grinning very mischievously at her.

Rin's knees nearly gave out on her as she came in contact with the ground. Her eyes met his and she moaned out, "wow."

Sesshoumaru grinned and traced two fingers over her chin, never taking his eyes off of hers. "Know that I never lose, Rin."

Rin's eyes glistened at his challenge. "Then this is going to be interesting...we both can't win, now can we?" She turned and made her way out of the room. She had slept the night in a pair of his boxers and a tee shirt. She would have gladly gone to school dressed like this just so she could smell like him for the whole day. `I'll wake up Kagome then take a quick shower.' She let out a very deep sigh once she was in the hallway before going upstairs. She paused when she saw Kagome sitting outside of Inuyasha's bedroom; her eyes closed and tears spilling down her cheeks. The next thing that hit her was the bruise that lined Kagome's face. Instantly Rin was kneeling by her friend. She wrapped one arm around Kagome's shoulders, turning her friend to look at her. She examined both of the bruises that were on her face. they weren't fresh but she had to have received them yesterday. Anger burned deep in her voice. "Kagome…did he hit you? What happened? I'll fuckin kill him!" Rin started to stand.

Kagome grabbed Rin's wrist before she could make another move. "No, Rin. He didn't do this. I got into a fight yesterday after school. I'm fine…"

Rin's eyes narrowed. "The hell you are…what's with the waterworks?"

Kagome sighed and stared up at the girl. "It's a long story, I'll tell you on the way to school."

Rin nodded and held out her hand. Kagome took it and stood slowly, her eyes training on the door behind them. Rin noticed the look and sighed. "What happened between you two?"

Kagome's eyes darkened as they snapped back to the girl before her. "Nothing…got it? Not a damn thing."

Rin nodded swiftly, cringing at the sound of Kagome's voice. `I'll find out sooner or later, and if that baka hurt her, I'll kill him.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Three bodies piled out of Rin's Porsche as they parked in the school parking lot. With a short kiss, Rin said goodbye to her love before following Kagome into the building. Sesshoumaru still stationary for a moment, glaring about the premises. `So, Naraku has not yet returned to school,' he derived as he sniffed the air. ` Good, one les nuisance I have to deal with.' Slowly the demon lord made his way towards the school. Voices from students he passed echoed behind him.

"I heard he single handedly took out Naraku Onigumo!"

"I heard he walked in on that Rin girl and Naraku and was angry, so he kicked the shit out of Naraku!"

"My friends saw him take out Kouga, Naraku and that new boy InuYasha."

"I heard he's sleeping with Rin! She's been with Naraku and Kouga…I heard that's what the fight was over. I wonder if she's easy?"

Sesshoumaru stopped mid step and turned to glare at the last rumor's owner. With a very deep protective growl, he sent the group scattering to all ends of the school. Shaking his head, he continued to the locker room. Just before he could enter, a hand slammed into the locker in front of him. He paused and slowly turned to find a very pissed off Kagura next to him. "What is it, wench?"

Kagura's eyes burned with fury. "You owe me some answers."

Sesshoumaru regarded her with a very scurrilous gaze. "I owe you nothing."

Kagura's eyes widened as she barked back, "like hell. You attacked Naraku Onigumo!"

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes with a forming anger. "He was about to rape Rin. I intervened. If my fists collided with any part of his body, that is his fault." He flashed her a curious look, "what does it matter?"

Kagura scoffed, "your fists did more then collide with Naraku, you put him in the hospital! His back was nearly broken from the fall! He's a prominent member of this school, Sesshoumaru. He could easily have you killed."

Sesshoumaru stared at Kagura for a moment, his eyes digesting the news. Blowing off the last part, he asked, "what fall?"

Kagura crossed her arms and leaned against the wall of lockers. "what do you have amnesia or something? You knocked him off the second story balcony of the library. He was nearly impaled by the table he landed on."
A very small smile grazed Sesshoumaru's lips. "Rin." He shook his head, wiping the smile from his face. `So she finished the bastard off? She must have done that after I was knocked from the building.'

Kagura's eyes widened at the word that slipped through his lips. "Rin knocked Naraku off the second story? Inconceivable! I don't believe you." her eyes darkened. "what are you doing hanging around a ningen?"

Sesshoumaru shrugged and turned slowly from the girl. "It matters not to me if you believe me or not. You matter not." He glanced over his shoulder, "ask not of my relationship with Rin…. it does not concern you."

Kagura grabbed Sesshoumaru's arm. Her voice, no matter how stern he tried to sound, still came across as a plea. "Tell me that you and Takisho are not together."

Sesshoumaru sighed and turned once more to glare at the girl, anger building in his eyes. "That is none of your concern, Bitch. Go about your worthless life and leave me alone."

Kagura slowly let her hand drop from his shoulders. "What about the Elites, Sesshoumaru. Did you forget that you laid claim over the group?"

Sesshoumaru paused and sighed again. "That matters not to me now. I have much more important alliances…. people I can trust."

Kagura's face turned red as she yelled out, "Sesshoumaru, if you walk away from this then you are as worthless as that half breed brother of yours."

That did it. Sesshoumaru turned and grabbed the woman by the shirt, and thrust her back into the lockers. Holding her a foot off the ground, he glared into her eyes. "Do not insult my family…do not try to intimidate me…. you are nothing to me. You have never been anything to me. I'll sooner kill you then talk to you again, got it?"

Kagura snapped a hand away from the boy and struck him across his face. "Bastard!"

Sesshoumaru felt the slap but it didn't faze him. "I should kill you, Kagura for that. But I shall abstain. Be gone, wench." He dropped her unceremoniously onto her ass in front of the lockers and stormed into the locker room, letting the door swing shut madly behind him.

Kagura stood slowly, her eyes filled with hatred and loathing. "I'll put you in your place, bastard. Just you wait. "

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Kagome sat next to Rin on the gym floor, slowly stretching out their muscles. Today was a track day. Kagome reached out and grabbed her right foot, and brought it behind her head, executing a perfect scorpion. (That's when you hold one foot with both hands and bring it up behind your back so that it almost touches your head…painful, I know.)

Rin watched her friend stretch as she sat in a straddle on the floor. Time was not going by fast enough for her…she had gotten to see Sesshoumaru when the classes changed and he made a point to walk to the other side of the gym to catch a glimpse of her. She had waited by the door for him and exchanged a quick but passionate kiss. That was enough to help her through this period. Rin sighed as she brought her legs together. "So tell me Kagome, what really happened between you and Yash?"

Kagome winched at his name and brought down her leg. She stretched the other leg similarly, trying to avoid her friend's burning question. "Nothing, and nothing is ever going to happen. The boy is a pig headed prick." She held her poker face as best as she could. `I will not cry…I will not cry….'

Rin raised an eyebrow but chose not to question her friend. "You two seemed fine yesterday…I'm just saying."
Kagome frowned and glared at Rin. "I really don't want to talk about it Rin. He really fucked with my head…made me believe he wanted me. I let him….i nearly let him…." with a sigh, the girl sat down next to her friend. "I almost let him make me believe that he cared. He never cared. Never." Somehow the words that came from her mouth didn't convince her but if she thought that he cared, then she would fall again. Never again was she going to let him make her fall. She would not fall in love…not with him. she would allow herself to be lined up for that kind of disappointment.

Rin's mouth dropped open to an "oh." But she didn't say anything else. She just stared behind Kagome. "Uhh...kags…"

Kagome was about to tell Rin to butt out until she felt someone behind her. A figure plopped down next to her and she had to fight the urge not to sigh. "Oh…hi Hojo…"

Hojo stared at Kagome for a moment, as if seeming to word what he wanted to say. "Kagome-Chan…. i am worried about something."

Kagome gave Rin a `please help me' glare. "What is that, Hojo?"

Hojo stared at his hands for a moment, his brown hair falling into his eyes. "Kagome, I'm worried about you hanging out with InuYasha." Kagome cringed and sighed loudly. "Its not that I'm upset your hanging out with another boy…. though the thought I must admit bothers me…. but he's trouble…. he is a lot of trouble."

Kagome sighed and put a hand to her chin "Hojo…its nice that you worry but InuYasha is not the bad guy that everything thinks he really is. I mean, yes, he is trouble but not really the bad kind." She could feel her face blushing as she stared intently on her feet. `no, don't stand up for the asshole. Remember, you hate his guts…you detest the site of him.'

Hojo stared at the girl for a moment, his mouth slightly agape. "Oh." Hojo stood slowly, his eyes filled with a mix of embarrassment and resentment and maybe a tinge of jealousy. "Kagome, just please be careful. Mingling with someone like him…of his stature…it can attract trouble. He and his brother are nothing but trouble."

Rin was on her feet in a minute, inches away from Hojo's face. Her features were lined with rage. "You know nothing, Hojo, nothing about Sesshoumaru. He's not trouble, he's a good guy and has probably the biggest fuckin heart I've ever seen in a man!"

Hojo's eyes widened as he took a step back. "Not you too Rin."

Rin's eyes darkened as she balled her fists. She was ready to pop this guy. "First off Hojo, I really like Sesshoumaru and I'm really beginning to dislike you. I can't believe you're the type of person to judge someone. You always seemed to be above that petty shit. Second, you don't know shit about me nor about the boys, so don't judge them. Third, Sesshoumaru could kick your ass in three seconds flat. I really would not bad mouth a man with that kind of power."

Hojo sighed and gently held out a hand to Rin. "Rin, I'm not trying to talk to you out of knowing Sesshoumaru…I'm just asking you both to be careful. We're friends…. aren't we?"

Kagome stood slowly, stepping between Rin and Hojo. It hurt her to do this…it hurt her to know what was going to transpire. It was her only scapegoat. "Hojo, yes, of course we're friends. I just think if you are going to talk about the boys, get to know them and make your own opinion. You know what people were saying about me for the longest but we all know that wasn't true…that was Kikyo. You have to give people a chance!"

Hojo placed a hand on Kagome's shoulder and gave her a smile. "Your right, as always, Kagome. I apologize…I meant no disrespect."

Kagome gave him a smile. `here it comes…I know it.'

Hojo shifted his weight a little uncomfortably before taking a deep breath. "my offer still stands Kagome to go out to a movie. If you ever want to…" he gave her a sheepish smile.
Kagome mentally sighed. `There it is.' she closed her eyes, not wanting to watch herself do this. She nodded once and everything inside of her crumbled. `I'm sorry InuYasha…but we can't happen.' She fought to speak, her voice somewhere being held captive inside of her mind…the same part of her mind that was screaming at her. "Actually, that doesn't sound to bad. What are you doing Friday night after the game? Are you going to the game?"

Hojo nodded enthusiastically, a smile threatening to split his face down the center. "Of course I'm going…uhh…Kagome." The smile fell from his lips slightly turning into a frown. "Is…InuYasha…going to, you know, come after me for this?"

Kagome's eyes laughed at the boy as she licked her lips. Right now she hated herself. She hated everything InuYasha had turned her into…everything he opened up in her. He let her live, he freed her, he taught her how to love…and she knew he would teach her how to cry. "Don't worry, Hojo…I don't think so."
Hojo didn't seem to be reassured but shrugged it off. "Okay Kagome, we'll go to a movie after the game. It will be fun." He turned and walked away from the two girls, giving them a small wave.

Rin waited all of five seconds before screaming, "Are you nuts? I mean, really, Kags, have you lost it completely?"

Kagome watched Houjo walk off, her heart shattering with every footstep. "I know its wrong, Rin…but I'm not ready to be crushed. I will not give him my heart to throw around. he proved to me last night that he wasn't ready for this. He doesn't care about me…I'm a task, an accomplishment. All he wants is one thing…one thing that he almost got last night."

Rin's eyes widened at her friend. "your not serious, are you Kagome? Whenever I see him around you, he seems so happy. I mean, I don't know what happens behind closed doors but his intentions don't seem to be to cruel."

Kagome turned to stare at her friend. She sighed and sat back down, tears beginngin to form in her eyes. `damnit, Kagome….don't cry over this.' She took a deep breath, "I never met someone like Yash, Rin. I never planned on meeting someone like him. i…I can't say that I want to wait. But after last night….I realized I'm only going to get hurt if I stay with him."

Rin grimaced, not really knowing if she wanted the full story. Her and Sesshoumaru had been a room below the two and heard stuff that sure didn't sound like fighting. She grinned at the girl. "What happened last night Kagome?"

Kagome sighed and glanced around the two. Her face turned ten shades of red as she told her friend the story, attempting to leave out as much detail as she could. Rin didn't let her. By time Kagome's story was done, she was redder then a tomato. "So he…he…so close Rin, he had me nearly begging cause he had me so close. Then he pulls back, lights up a cigarette and asks me `how does it feel to want?'." Kagome felt tears spring to life in her eyes. "I lost it. I mean, the first time I ever let a guy touch my body like that…. the first time I went that far…and he did it out of vengeance."

Rin's eyes darkened as she scowled. "I don't believe that fucker…. wait till I sick Sesshoumaru on him…. wait…. vengeance? Why did he want vengeance?"

Kagome sighed and twisted her fingers around in her lap. "Well…I kind of got mad at him for groping me and…" Her eyes lit up for a moment as a realization dawned on her. "Hey…speaking of lechers…where's Sango?"

Rin opened her mouth to answer then shut it. "I don't know…wow…she wasn't in English." She shook her head and pushed that question off. "What did you do, and don't lie to me Kagome."

Kagome sighed, hoping to have successfully changed the subject. "Well, he pretended to be asleep, at least I'm nearly sure he was pretending, and he grabbed my ass while we were lying in his bed…."

Rin's eyes doubled in size. "You slept in his bed?"

Kagome sighed and nodded. "Yeah, big mistake. So I decided if he was well enough to grope, he was well enough to get punished for it. So I…well…kind of made him believe I was dreaming about having sex with him…"

Rin looked like she was about to pass out at the news. "My god, Kagome…what did you do to him?"

Kagome sighed and glared up at the ceiling. "Well….i uhh….kind of straddled one leg over his and pressed myself against him, making sure he felt it."

Rin smacked her forehead and fell backwards playful, landing on her back with a giggle. "He must have died. Simply died. You Kagome? Good girl Kagome? Wow…maybe Hojo's right, he might be a bad influence on you."

Kagome stuck her tongue out at the girl who sat up. "Look, I didn't mean for it to happen like that. It just did…and he's not a bad influence. But that's why he did what he did…but what he did was worse…. far worse."

Rin frowned then sighed. "I guess….I mean, he physically touched you in ways he shouldn't have, especially if he did not mean it. But I mean, Kagome…. boy's revenge is never a sweet thing. Never. They can get us ten times worse then we can get them…." she sighed and twiddled her thumbs. "Kagome…I don't think…."

Kagome sighed, her eyes suddenly becoming very glassy. It was something she didn't want to admit, something that still tore at her heart. She had become confident that she had heard right, and that scared her. "Rin…there's something else."

Rin eyed her friend and tilted her head. "What else, Kagome?"

Kagome turned to look at the girl next to her. "I think…. after I threatened him if he did it again I would castrate him…. i think he …" Kagome swallowed hard. `why would he say something like that? why would he say he loved me when we both know that's impossible. Not me…. not us. No.'

Rin was sitting on her knees, staring at her friend. "What…what did he do?"

Kagome sucked in a deep breath and spit out, "ithinkhesaidhelovedme."

Rin's eyes popped open. "Did you just say he said he loved you?"

Kagome bit her tongue and nodded slowly. "I think I heard that…but….this morning he was back to his asshole self. I yelled at him about last night and when he tried to kiss me, I smacked him."

Rin winched, "that's not good."

Kagome sighed again. "I know…I didn't mean to…I mean, I'm not as mad at him as I was last night. Its not like it even really bothers me. but…just knowing that he thought he could get away with it. it infuriated me."
Rin nodded slowly. "I understand that Kagome…but if he said he loved you then why in seven hells are you going out with Hojo?"

Kagome clenched her teeth, staring at the ground. "I can't…no….i will not allow me to fall in love with InuYasha." She looked at the floor. "if I can get away…if I can move on without dragging this behind me, I can make a clean break. I'm not ready for what he wants…I'm not what he wants. He can't want me Rin," tears brimmed in her eyes, "he can't! I can't….i will not fall in love."

Rin sighed and slapped Kagome gently across her cheek. "No, Kagome…bad! bad Kagome!" her eyes softened as she saw the tears on her cheeks. "Kagome, please…. don't cry. Look hon, if he said it then he meant it. He wouldn't bullshit about something like that, Kag. InuYasha is a scumbag but not that big of one. I think he means it…"

Kagome stood, her eyes defiant. "Look, whether he said he loved me or not….it doesn't matter. I can't be with a guy like him Rin. No matter how he turns me on. I want to…but I can't put up with his bullshit. He's so full of it Rin…so immensely full of it! I won't fall in love with a guy like him…I won't. I can't." Kagome stood suddenly, and began to walk towards the track. "I don't want to talk about it anymore, lets run."

Rin stood with downcast eyes. `I feel bad for the both of them. Neither one will give an inch on this topic. But if InuYasha did admit he is in love with Kagome, he'll be crushed. I can't see them like that…no, its not going to go down that way. Not if I get anything to say about it.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The two girls sat in their science class listening to their teacher drone on about Fission and Fusion. Twenty minutes into the class, the front door opened. A very apologetic "sorry" was muttered as Sango slid into her seat. Both girls glared at her, wondering what the hell was going on.

Rin gasped after a moment and leaned over to Kagome. "Hey…notice who else isn't here."

Kagome's eyes scanned the room and she countered, "uhh…. InuYasha? Kouga?"

Rin shook her head and nudged Kagome's elbow. "Try again and think a little harder."

Kagome coughed when she realized whom Rin spoke of. "Miroku…he hasn't been in class all day either."

Rin giggled, mischief sparkling in her eyes. "do you think Sango has stuff she needs to tell us?"

Kagome frowned as Sango threw then a `shut up I know what your thinking and its not that' icy glare. "I think she does…and I think you do to."

Rin played stupid with a stuttering response. "Wh…I have nothing to tell of."

Kagome shrugged and sat back in her seat. "Sure, that fine Rin. You can tell me later what you and Sessh were doing in the shower together Monday night."
Rin coughed violently, chocking on some invisible fluid. Her face flushed as she stared dead on at the teacher, not daring to waver her gaze.

Kagome smiled. `Jackpot.' As long as she could focus on the other girls lives, she could forget her own. She knew Friday night was going to ruin her. She was going to have to look at InuYasha and tell him that they were done…that there was nothing between them. She was going to have to turn her back on the one man she had fallen in love with. `No, I'm not in love with him….i am not. Love hurts, love kills…' she sighed and looked at her hands. `Love is a dark path I do not wish to travel.'

~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

The girls sat outside by Rin's car, laughing frivolously during their lunch break. Kagome sighed and turned to Sango. "So, out with it already, where were you today?"

Sango shifted weight on her feet nervously. "I woke up really late and by time I had showered and everything, it was nine thirty. Took me a half hour to get here."

Rin raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms not buying it. "And where is Miroku?"

"How the hell should I know?" Sango barked back. She all but answered a little to quickly.

Kagome tapped her chin. "uh…huh. So its not like you saw him this morning…or for that matter, last night?"

Sango spun around to face Kagome, embarrassment humbled beneath a mocked anger. "What are you insinuating, Kagome?"

Kagome licked her lips slowly. "I think your not telling us something, Sango-Chan. And that hurts…just like Rin not telling me that she is really sleeping with…" Kagome gulped, her face turning slightly red. "…Sesshoumaru."

Rin's face dropped as she bit back, "just like you and Yash, Kags…." She yelped as two hands pressed down on her shoulders. She jumped again as lips pressed to her right temple. She placed a hand behind her head without turning and gasped the demon's silver mane. She brought two strands around her shoulder to stare at it for a moment before smiling. "Hey…" she turned on her heels to face Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru enveloped the girl in his arms and kissed her lightly on the lips.

Somewhere behind Rin, Kagome muttered, "speak of the devil and he shall appear."

Sesshoumaru gave Kagome a small smile over Rin's shoulder. "Kagome…Sango. Don't you two have better things to do then gossip?"

Kagome shrugged and leaned against the car. "Maybe…but some gossip seems to be true." She glared at Rin with a hard gaze.

Sango smiled trying her best to ignore the other two girls. "Sesshoumaru, I'm glad to see your doing well."

Sesshoumaru let his gaze wander to Sango. "Thank you, Sango, I am doing better. Thank your other half when you see him for me, will you?" he grinned as she turned bright red. His eyes returned to the girl in front of him. Flatly, he commented, "I want to leave."

Rin laughed and tossed her loose hair behind her shoulders. "so do i…I'm really growing a fond dislike for this establishment." She laughed when Sango and Kagome raised eyebrows.

Sesshoumaru tightened his grip around the girl and stared into her eyes. "I want to leave with you now."

Rin sighed and shrugged, turning a little red. "I have one more class…"

Sesshoumaru inched closer to her, his eyes focused on her. He didn't say anything because he didn't need to. He could smell the spike in her scent as she realized what he was saying. He let his eyes burn holes into the girl as he stared at her like a lion stalking its dinner.

Rin swallowed hard as she watched the demon in front of her undress her with his eyes. She tried to control her breathing, but her heart was flipping circles. `This man can destroy me with one gaze…he can break down all my barriers and…'

Two sets of giggles erupted from behind the two and Sesshoumaru gazed over his shoulder. He gave them a very icy glare and added, "don't you have other places to be?"

Kagome grabbed Sango's arm, laughing and tugged her away. "Let the lovers be." she turned to look over her shoulder a few feet back. Calling to Rin, she all but shouted, "watch the seats, Rin. Leather's a bitch to clean!"

Rin glared at her friend in a mix of mortification and anger. She gritted her teeth as she stared at the girl. Once they were out of the line of sight, Rin turned back to the demon. "So, now that you have ultimately embarrassed me, what did you have in mind?"

Sesshoumaru stared down at the girl that he had his arms wrapped around. "Well, unfortunately, Kagome is correct about leather…" he coughed as Rin glared at him in shock, "However…since my baka brother is home, maybe we could go back to your house."

Rin's mouth fell open to an `O' shape. "I forgot I had one of those." She laughed lightly as she got into the drivers seat of her car. "Come on."

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow as he slid into the car. "I did not think you would be so up to cutting school."

Rin shrugged as she started the car. "Never said I wouldn't." she peeled out of the parking lot to head home.

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome stretched out on the field glaring towards the football team that was practicing a few yards away. All day she had avoided rumors that circled about her and Dachi. People knew people who knew people who said they saw her with Dachi outside. Rumors then spread of InuYasha kicking Dachi's ass much like he had kicked Kouga's. She also heard renditions where she was sleeping with Sesshoumaru behind Rin's back and he kicked Dachi's ass when he saw. All sorts of rumors circled the mill. It annoyed her…but what ate away at her more was the fact that the football team had all stared at the cheerleaders when they were warming up. It was as if they all blamed Kagome and her girls for the loss of their three players. Kagome sighed as she stood slowly with the girls. "Take three laps around the track then we'll get started." She clicked her teeth at the girl's groans then continued stretching.

"Giving orders now, princess?"

Kagome froze at the rather icy voice behind her. She closed her eyes and turned slowly to find Yash standing behind her, sitting on the bleachers. "What do you want?"

InuYasha shrugged and stood slowly. He was holding his football helmet under his arm. "I practice here too, Princess, so I think I don't have to explain myself to you."

Kagome swallowed hard as she tried to pull her eyes away from the angry golden pools in front of her. No, that emotion was not anger; it was pain. Pain that she inflicted. That tore at her heart like a knife. She gazed into the grass, "you're not supposed to be on school property when you're suspended."

InuYasha stared harder at the girl who was trying so hard to ignore him. "It's another story when you get a call from the coach asking you to come down."

Kagome sighed. "Are you well enough to play?"

InuYasha shrugged, and walked up to Kagome slowly. "I'm healed…physically healed." He squatted down next to the girl, gently cupping her chin in his hand. she tired to pull away but he held onto her. "are we going to talk about what is going on?"

Kagome shook her head slowly and placed one hand on his. "let me go, Yash. Nothing is going on… nothing."

InuYasha sighed and slowly released his grip on her chin. "Bullshit, Kagome. There is something going on that your not telling me…." he sighed and softened his tone, "I mean what is going on between us…"

Kagome closed her eyes. `This is going to hurt…god InuYasha, I'm sorry.' she took a deep breath and managed to stare at InuYasha with the angriest gaze she could muster. "So did I."

InuYasha recoiled as if he had been burnt. He stood swiftly, glaring down at the girl. He shook his head slowly, narrowing his eyes.

Kagome could almost hear his heart break, and the very thought shattered her. She twitched as she saw the look of disgust that filled his face. She kept her gaze on his face, trying so hard to hide her hurt, her pain. `This is for the best. End it now…cut it off before the poison spreads.'

InuYasha scoffed as he scratched behind his head. "I don't fuckin believe this shit." He glared at Kagome. It was a glare of hatred, of loathing, of disgust, of pain, and of heartbreak. "Whatever, Princess. I was a fool to think you were able to think of someone other then yourself. I really thought for a moment that I knew who you were…. who was really in there. I stood up for you to Miroku and the others who called you a bitch. I got suspended because Kouga hurt you…. because he made you cry…."

Kagome was on her feet in a second. "He didn't make me cry, InuYasha, you did. You made the bet, you carried it out. You asked me out knowing what you had bet him. Did you really think we would click? Did you really think we could have lasted? We're completely different, InuYasha. Two different worlds."

InuYasha sneered, "apparently we are. I thought you were a decent person Kagome. I thought you weren't the selfish little bitch I heard you were. Shit, I took three guys out on my team because they called you a slut and a bitch. Guess I owe some apologies. I was wrong."

Kagome put her hands on her hips, adverting his eyes. She was ready for his words to sting, but they hurt worse. "Well, you were wrong I guess. Sorry, InuYasha, there's nothing between us. Get over it. you think I could fall for a guy like you?"

InuYasha grabbed her arm, pulling her in front of him. He stared down into her eyes, searching for something, anything to make sense of this…to shed some light as to why she had so suddenly changed. "Tell me Kagome…look me in the eye and tell me you feel nothing. That you could walk away from us…from what we've formed, and be completely fine."

Kagome stared into the boy's eyes. She dug her nails into her palm to keep from crying…. if he saw tears…if he saw how she really felt. With the coldest voice she could echo, she closed her eyes and let him have it. "I feel nothing. As a matter of fact, I have a date with Hojo on Friday after the game." To cap off the lie, she added, "I am completely fine with never seeing you again."

InuYasha dropped her hand and backed up before he gave into the urge to smack her. He wanted to lash out…he wanted to hurt her like she just hurt him. Instead, he turned on his heels, storming off towards the other football players, anger burning off of him like hells flames.

Kagome watched him walk away…walk away from her, from their relationship. She watched him give it up. She wanted to call to him; she wanted to scream. She wanted to let him know how she really felt. She wanted him to know that she loved him more then she could ever express. She wanted him to know how scared she was of loving someone…she was terrified of it. Instead she fell to her knees, burying her head in hands. Instead of dealing with her fear, she rid herself of the cause…. she cast him off. And it hurt…. it burned like nothing she had ever felt. No one saw her cry…. no one comforted her tears. It was better that way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know, poor Yasha! ::hides from angry fan girls:: I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry….they can't just get together though, where's the fun in that???